• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node leveling! Please have this looked into!

249 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay I'm almost 100% certain that it's bugged. 
Couple of months ago we got confirmation that node leveling would INCREASE droprates including the rare items. Items like ogre rings and such were even called by name by the staff member that gave the interview on a live stream! But so far my experience is this. My droprate on rare items have been decreasing the higher my node level got! As soon as I get my node level to level 7, my droprate just vanishes. Yes, I get that it's RNG, but this seems to be happening over and over again. It's a freaking pattern by now!
First Abandoned Monastery. about 1 ring every 2-3 hours. getting to 7 and up. changed to 1 a day or even 1 in every 2-3 days. 
Second, Hexe Sanctuary same shit. as soon as I reached level 7 and up.. droprate just disappeared almost completely
Same with Ogre rings. 1 got 1 ogre ring finally after 6 months, but atleast i was getting SOILED Ogre rings every now and then. Now I'm lucky if I get 1 a day!
The relics same shit.. almost disappeared for me with 2x node level 10! 
Now same shit is happening again with Cresent Shrine node! was getting a Soiled ring every 1-2 hours and sometimes even 2 within 5min and then another 1 after an hour or 2. 
But guess what.... After reaching node level 7... 2 days and not 1 single soiled cresent ring has dropped. not 1! 

And this is not just me! I'm hearing this from a lot of other people too! 

CAN THIS PLEASE BE LOOKED INTO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! It's like the more energy you invest in a node, the less you get out of it! 

----------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------------

Okay, I've decided to run a test to give some results as some people will not take our experience for proof, and I can blame them.
Therefor I've decided to do this little test. I will farm Cresent shrine with different Node levels. Once with my current node level (7), once unconnected, once connected and once with node level 5. 

My rules:

1. I will grind solo
  2. I will not reset any mob rank and keep them as they are throughout the whole test
  3. I will not sell anything untill the current node level test is done
  4. I will carry the same amount of consumables (150 Purified Water, 150 Star Anise Tea, 250 Large Health Potions)
  5. I will return only when met one of the following:
    -I reach 100% weight limit
    -I've used up 150 potions
  6. The only thing I will use from my gains is the PURE silver I get from the mobs to refill on potions and restore my gear.

My current Knowledge Info:

Cresent Guardian - C
Cresent Follower - B
Cresent Watcher - B
Argos Sand Tower - A+
Argos Artifact Repository - S
Argos Obisidian Energy - A+
Argos Obsidian Altar - C

Test Results:
Cresent Shrine Node level 7
Total runs: 4

Node7.thumb.png.28080172b1bbad855b711a4c

Cresent Shrine Node level UNCONNECTED
Total runs: 3 out of 4 (In Progress)

NodeUnconnected.thumb.png.634d7f2b4ac5d4

Cresent Shrine Node level CONNECTED Level 0
Total runs: 4

NodeCONNECTED0.thumb.png.e5631430418b2ff

Cresent Shrine Node level 5
Total runs: ?

--------------------------------------- EDIT 2 ----------------------------------

Also, there has been a test on REDDIT and summed it all up. 
THESE ARE NOT MY RESULTS BUT THE EXPERIENCE IS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME!

Source:  https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5aoct9/node_level_and_knowledge_rank_test/ 

1e1qppsgc5vx.png

Thank you @LordBrasca for the info!

Edited by Nagasaki
23 people like this

Posted

And this is not just me! I'm hearing this from a lot of other people too!

While this part isn't necessarily wrong, the amount of people posting about this on the forums are - I'd estimate - less than .01% of the BDO Population.

The issue I see here is that people seem to expect a noticeable drop rate increase in rare items when leveling nodes.

We don't know how much a node level increases your drop rate by, we just know that it increases.

Let's assume that Node levels increase your chance to obtain a rare item by 1% each level. I would have to personally say that this is reasonable, and would even expect the actual drop rate increase to be much lower. We don't know for sure.

Say you're farming for a Tree Spirit Belt. Let's assume this has a drop chance of .02%. Adding a 10% bonus to this rate (Our assumed bonus from having a max-level node) now makes the drop-rate .022%.

What are the chances of you upgrading your node to max level and still landing on that other 99.978% of the pie chart? Really, really f****** high.

4 people like this

Posted

I will just add my voice here. I also feel like there is something wrong with node investment. As the above poster, there will of course be people saying RNG is RNG, the point is just that nobody can tell for sure. Therefore all we ask for is that someone who has the ability to look into it (so not some wannabe forum-mathematicians but someone who can look at the code) looks into it to confirm it works correctly.

1 person likes this

Posted

While this part isn't necessarily wrong, the amount of people posting about this on the forums are - I'd estimate - less than .01% of the BDO Population.

The issue I see here is that people seem to expect a noticeable drop rate increase in rare items when leveling nodes.

We don't know how much a node level increases your drop rate by, we just know that it increases.

Let's assume that Node levels increase your chance to obtain a rare item by 1% each level. I would have to personally say that this is reasonable, and would even expect the actual drop rate increase to be much lower. We don't know for sure.

Say you're farming for a Tree Spirit Belt. Let's assume this has a drop chance of .02%. Adding a 10% bonus to this rate (Our assumed bonus from having a max-level node) now makes the drop-rate .022%.

What are the chances of you upgrading your node to max level and still landing on that other 99.978% of the pie chart? Really, really f****** high.

im not talking about forums but ingame. 

"The issue I see here is that people seem to expect a noticeable drop rate increase in rare items when leveling nodes."
I expect an increase.. not a decrease. im not talking about a major increase like expecting a drop every 1 min with level 20 node.. but atleast the the same kind of droprate.
like i said, there is a pattern here. every node i go above node level 6 (so 7 and beyond), my drops just become so bad that it seems like its better to stay at node level 5-6 and stop investing. Only thing that increases is the scrap loot and the turn-in items. other than that, its a decrease! and as a staffmember said it would increase i feel like this is bugged and would love to have this atleast checked out! 

i am pretty sure that a lot of people have noticed this but are very silent about this because there are probably bigger issues.. 
But this has been for months now and i would just loved to have an official have this looked into. is it working as intended or bugged or maybe we've been given some false/wrong info in that interview? 

I just noticed another thread that is pretty recent. didnt see it. but lets bring this over there.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/116602-level-10-node-problem/ 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Okay I'm almost 100% certain that it's bugged. 
Couple of months ago we got confirmation that node leveling would INCREASE droprates including the rare items.

It is not bugged, how many times i have to point this out > in same interview (twitch interview), he mentioned that PA has no intention to change characters (variable stats like hp/mp) into static, what happened the following week? patch notes with (variable stats are now static) so that guy had wrong info and was talking out of his *** even when mentioned that the worker nodes lvl doesn't affect anything, i studied game design within my software engineering course and devs do not put things in game just to put it there, unless someone come up with full testing then everything is possible, i have one of 2 ogres node at lv10 and the other one not even connected, guess where i got my first and only ogre? lol yep in the node that is not connected :)

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.22_13h27m28s_001_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.22_13h28m23s_002_.png

Edited by SillySin
1 person likes this

Posted

It is not bugged, how many times i have to point this out > in same interview (twitch interview), he mentioned that PA has no intention to change characters (variable stats like hp/mp) into static, what happened the following week? patch notes with (variable stats are now static) so that guy had wrong info and was talking out of his *** even when mentioned that the worker nodes lvl doesn't affect anything, i studied game design within my software engineering course and devs do not put things in game just to put it there, unless someone come up with full testing then everything is possible, i have one of 2 ogres node at lv10 and the other one not even connected, guess where i got my first and only ogre? lol yep in the node that is not connected :)

I think you have no clue what are you talking about the op is talking about drop rates from monsters and don't try to be smart when clearly there is something wrong with the nodes.

2016-10-22_827266811.thumb.jpg.83c1b45a0

And yeah I seen the higher the node lvl is the less rare drops you get for some reason (ignore the bs rng theory) got tons of witch earing with no node connected , after I connected the node at lvl 7 I didn't got shit loot no more. 

3 people like this

Posted

I think you have no clue what are you talking about the op is talking about drop rates from monsters and don't try to be smart when clearly there is something wrong with the nodes.

2016-10-22_827266811.thumb.jpg.83c1b45a0

And yeah I seen the higher the node lvl is the less rare drops you get for some reason (ignore the bs rng theory) got tons of witch earing with no node connected , after I connected the node at lvl 7 I didn't got shit loot no more. 

see, you can confirm the same shit too. node level 7 and up and droprate vanishes into thin air.

Posted

I play black desert since february 2015 (kr version) and yea i can Pretty say that investing into a node is wierd thing, i wouldnt say that investing energy increases the chance of getting rare items, but it seems that it increases the chance of getting the normal items in the loot table(example: grunil pieces from sausans)

This are my thoughs based on my experience and sensations but with RNG factor it's always difficult to understand things like this, specially in a game where everything seems to be "hidden":ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

I play black desert since february 2015 (kr version) and yea i can Pretty say that investing into a node is wierd thing, i wouldnt say that investing energy increases the chance of getting rare items, but it seems that it increases the chance of getting the normal items in the loot table(example: grunil pieces from sausans)

This are my thoughs based on my experience and sensations but with RNG factor it's always difficult to understand things like this, specially in a game where everything seems to be "hidden":ph34r:

same here, playing since KR Open beta. but back then didnt really bother with it. but it has been the same thing over and over again since i first started since feb 28th on EU and started investing into nodes. and from there on i noticed the same trend. Everything was fine untill reaching lvl 7.. on every single node. 

Posted

bhaha

are you trying to prove a a statistical point with sample of 1? 

i guess you would also belive that if you rolled a dice once and got a six, that every dice in the world has a 100% chance of rolling six everytime xD

some programmer you must lol

Posted

i was replying to op regarding the drop rate from monsters so idk what you are talking about neither i care.

Posted

i was replying to op regarding the drop rate from monsters so idk what you are talking about neither i care.

yeah but droprate from monsters are supposed to be influenced by node level. and they do.. but im not sure if it does as intended. 

Posted

at least i've done something with my life, unlike you as it seems from idiotic reply where you couldn't even tell the point of my argument lol bhaha? do they teach you that in school or did u skip that too!

yeah but droprate from monsters are supposed to be influenced by node level. and they do.. but im not sure if it does as intended. 

my point was regarding the info your referred to during the twitch stream we had before, it might be right or not, needs testing.

Posted

@GM_Axion @GM_Dew any ideas on this? :/ (although this belongs on the report bugs part of the forums <.<).

Posted

@GM_Axion @GM_Dew any ideas on this? :/ (although this belongs on the report bugs part of the forums <.<).

sadly posts die on that part of the forum.

1 person likes this

Posted

My experiences echo the OP. I grind an area and drop loot during the first few node levels. Once i invest enough to get much higher node levels i notice myself getting fewer drops. No matter how many hours i put into grinding with a node level of roughly 7-10 i never get as much loot as when i started.

Node levels are not working as described imo. Maybe there is some sweet spot to hit for the rarity of item you want. Purple = 9/10, Orange = 7/8, Yellow = 5/6, Blue = 3/4, Green = 1/2. Maybe other systems like diminishing returns are a factor. Or maybe this shit is broken.

4 people like this

Posted

My experiences echo the OP. I grind an area and drop loot during the first few node levels. Once i invest enough to get much higher node levels i notice myself getting fewer drops. No matter how many hours i put into grinding with a node level of roughly 7-10 i never get as much loot as when i started.

Node levels are not working as described imo. Maybe there is some sweet spot to hit for the rarity of item you want. Purple = 9/10, Orange = 7/8, Yellow = 5/6, Blue = 3/4, Green = 1/2. Maybe other systems like diminishing returns are a factor. Or maybe this shit is broken.

Don't forget luck stats on each character ;) Like the HP/MP stats, haha :D

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but most mmo's claim around 10%. BDO dev's claimed 5-10% also.

Edit: dangit I need reading comprehension skills. sorry.

Edited by Mystafyi

Posted

I agree with the OP I always get good drops before I even connect a node, but after I level it up I get nothing.

Has happened with almost every high level node I have.

Posted (edited)

My theory is that once you level a node above 5, green/blue item drop rates drop to normal levels but yellow item rates increase.

Obviously that increase may only be 0.00001%

Edited by WastedJoker

Posted

Now to really throw a wrench into the works.  Go farm that same node with a lower level alt.  It usually works best with an alt just a few levels above what the mobs are.  Check the drop rates then.

Posted

en7CnC9.jpgPeople who argue that it's all RNG, as if it's their religion, will disregard all evidence.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tinfoil hat is strong with this thread.

4 people like this

Posted

People who argue that it's all RNG, as if it's their religion, will disregard all evidence.

I don't get the reference to the image?  So 3 different people on the server got a Mark of Shadow?  What has that to do with the node leveling?

Posted (edited)

People just don't understand RNG....

Can some of you geniuses explain to me what other peoples drops have to do with your own drops. Each time people in threads like this talk about other people's drops like it proves anything PROVE THEY DON'T HAVE  A CLUE ABOUT RNG, BUT ARE TOO HYPOCRITICAL TO SEE IT.

NO SELF AWARENESS AS ALL!

GAMBLERS FALLACY MUCH!

Also what's worse, is people will come in here claiming they know Gamblers Fallacy while ACTING LITERALLY TO THE DEFINITION OF IT.

Is this world just full of hypocrites and idiots?! (rhetorical question as the evidence points to a resounding YES!)

Edited by Pavo