• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO becomes "Not Responding" - xhunter1.sys missing

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

First, my specs:

Windows 10 x64 (Anniversary update)

Intel i 4790k

12GB Ram

nVidia 980ti 6GB Gaming w/ driver version 372.70

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 with all drivers up to date. In the last 2 days I've had a couple of instances where BDO freezes/becomes Not Responding and, even if I wait a while, it never recovers and eventually I need to force close it. I have checked Event Viewer and, while I can't be certain, it seems the crashes coincide with the following entry:

The xhunter1 service failed to start due to the following error: 
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

At first I had no idea what xhunter1 was but a quick google suggested it was to do with the Xigncode software used by BDO. The strange thing is; I can't find xhunter1.sys anywhere on my machine. Should it be there?

Edit: ok, I just had an idea to check the installation on my laptop and the xhunter1.sys file is in my windows directory. Not sure why it has gone missing on my desktop!

Edit2: I've repaired my desktop BDO installation but the xhunter1.sys file still hasn't appeared. Is there a separate installer for the xigncode stuff?

[Window Title]
Program Compatibility Assistant

[Main Instruction]
A digitally signed driver is required

[Close]

I get the above error even though I've instaleld BDO with windows in non-driver signing mode.

Edited by WastedJoker

Posted

So, the crashes have happened again. xhunter1.sys has once more gone missing from c:/windows/ folder.

I copy the xhutner1.sys file from my laptop (latest version of BDO) and launch teh game to c:/windiws/ on my desktop. I launch the game and watch as xhunter1.sys deletes.

Posted (edited)

This is the way XIGNCODE works. After the game exits it deletes itself from disk and uninstalls the driver to ensure the driver is not loaded again when you restart your PC.

Otherwise you could sue the company as you could argue this Anticheat software is a root kit.

Maybe you should restart your PC. After restart open the console and execute: driverquery /v

xhunter1.sys should NOT be included here. If it is still included then there went something wrong during uninstallation and you have to remove the xhunter driver manually before you start the game again.

Edited by Kargor