• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

shovel exploit abusers

844 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think it is fair to perma ban people for exploiting a bug in the game. in the end it was after all a BUG not a cheat or hack or anything like that. Of course it is wrong to exploit a bug but generally perma ban is too much. We are not testers we are players and we have PAID for a full game.

It's too easy for a cheater and exploiter to just say it was a bug and they can't be blamed for it. But the fact is, with any system, if there's a weakness, and you decide to take advantage of it giving you an unfair advantage over everyone else, it's called exploiting. And as such, you're guilty, you're perma-banned, and good bye have a nice life. Maybe you can take this perma-ban to heart and try be a better person/player in the next game you play, and if faced with the opportunity to exploit again, turn the other way and report it early instead of taking advantage several months.

Posted (edited)

Bug ==> Daum or wathever devs mistakes

Exploit Bug ==> Users, players or whatever people who used it mistakes

Ban ==> Exploiters mistakes

Simple as that, you played, you lost.

Edited by Azga

Posted

In my opinion not only should they be perma-banned but they should be IP banned from every game ever made and every game that will ever be made in the future.

Can you tell i don't like cheats? :P

1 person likes this

Posted

In my opinion not only should they be perma-banned but they should be IP banned from every game ever made and every game that will ever be made in the future.

Can you tell i don't like cheats? :P

Yeah, and no more computer too, and put them in a dungeon with a psychopath guy who tortured them for the rest of their lives :D

Posted

It's not a perma ban, it's only 30 years.

Posted

the last 2 times i saw bug exploiting happen due to a mistake by a game developer, players had the option to report themselfs and be rolled back to the point of when the bug made it's way into the game.
not that i care for who gets banned, just saying.people are dumb and so they do dumb things.with all the exploiting and hacking we've seen since the beginning of this game, it's actually not surprising they're on damage control now lol.

Posted

I just think it is not fair to be perma banned for a bug after all it is daums fault

You can't be this stupid, right? Please tell me you're trolling.

Posted

I am sure it has been said before, but just to make sure it is re-iterated.

Developers can not always foresee side-effects to their content adjustments. Publishing testing staff can not always find ways to break a mechanic. They do try, but it is not always possible.  What is always possible, is that players are by the thousands, and thusly have a greater ability to find something wrong with the game.  When they do find something that is exceptionally breaking, this time, in terms of economy, they have an ethical choice on their hands. To use that knowledge for self personal gain, or to share that knowledge with the company so that it can be fixed for the betterment of the game itself and the community in which they are playing in.

Once you take yourself out of the community, you might just literally be taken out of the community.

Using my own personal experience as an example, a game I once played had a very large massive hole in one of its content sections. There were many high end players using this loophole to repeatedly play that content, beyond its allowed time limit. The publishing staff could not figure out why this was happening or how, because no one would come forward with the information. But, someone on that staff knew that I knew, and thusly I was banned just for questioning purposes, even though I had never used it myself. Although I would have been released anyhow, I chose to give a full report on the subject, and thusly it was accepted and sent to the developers and a fix was obtained.

Was I right to know what was going on and not say something? That in itself is a morale and ethical dilemma.  In the end I decided that I would prefer to be part of the group that helped to fix problems rather than create them or ignore them, and thusly I joined their testing team.  The rest is history.

The bottom line is, when you know something is too good to be true; when you know what you are doing is not how something is supposed to be done; then you know you are doing something wrong; and when you continue to do that action, you are not being a part of the community. You are being an outsider, selfishly abusing your knowledge for your own personal gains to the detriment of others on a scale.  

It just so happens that the particular issue at hand had a scale that affected everyone. I believe the company is correct in its decision to set a standard of precedence in this matter.  The level of punishment should fit the scale of the crime.  And that is what has been done.  Some of us may feel an emotional argument to the situation, but that does not negate the responsibilities we must all uphold.

Posted

I don't think it is fair to perma ban people for exploiting a bug in the game. in the end it was after all a BUG not a cheat or hack or anything like that. Of course it is wrong to exploit a bug but generally perma ban is too much. We are not testers we are players and we have PAID for a full game.

I'm just curious, how many times did your parents drop you on your head as a child to addle what neurons you have left to even type this? Perma banning exploiting assholes is the only way to solve this issue when people knowingly did it to cheat the game and screw over every one of us who play the game legit and fairly. That being said, every player and gamer signed an agreement. In case you don't know what that it is, it states rules and codes and regulations that states the compliance of both parties. So when people knowingly cheat and hack, they violate that code of conduct HENCE why we all had to sign a new one. Perhaps you are a poor illiterate youth who can't read or who doesn't know what a code of conduct is. If that is the case, see the cliff? Jump off it.

Posted

Now now folks, there is a lot of personal bashing in this thread, and it really isn't necessary. I think the overall topic can yield some good feedback for the company in the matters of what direction we appreciate it taking, but lets do keep the personal mudslinging to a minimum. (That doesn't help anyone at all)

Posted

Bye.

We really really really won't miss you exploit piece shie7! <3

Posted

Now now folks, there is a lot of personal bashing in this thread, and it really isn't necessary. I think the overall topic can yield some good feedback for the company in the matters of what direction we appreciate it taking, but lets do keep the personal mudslinging to a minimum. (That doesn't help anyone at all)

stop trying to be a vm

Posted

I agree, I would be happy with a gear/storage wipe (leave them with their cash shop stuff) and something like a 3 months ban

Posted

stop trying to be a vm

I'll do what I please, same as you will.

Posted

Thanks for your testimony. Good job to whoever is implementing the ban.

Posted

You really think you have to use an exploit to attempt tet? because you dont. Some of us have no life and make 100-120m+/day

My up-time for today is 13hrs 52minutes for example, because I don't work today and I had nothing to do all day.

6x tet fails so far!

There's always people that slip through, bans never hit everyone, it's just normally the majority.

Please tell me you at least get up and stretch?

Posted

Perma -Ban = Right decision !

nuff said !

Posted

They paid to be unbanned lol we still have people going for TET right now still

It seems you are the kind of person that presumes people who got better gear than you are cheating. Grow up...

Posted

Please tell me you at least get up and stretch?

lol I would hope that person does xD

Posted

well i think perma banning people for exploit is rather harash and bad for the community. Most people started playing with friends and if they perma ban one of them the others will quit too

Posted

well i think perma banning people for exploit is rather harash and bad for the community. Most people started playing with friends and if they perma ban one of them the others will quit too

If one person is cheating, so are their friends more than likely as exploits tend to run in circles... so they wont have to quit, they will be banned too.

Posted

bXaW9Vd.png

that logic..

1 person likes this

Posted

well noone ever said you have to abuse a bug ingame - you agree to this while creating an account since this is some sort of cheating

Posted

False, you paid for access to the servers.

1 person likes this

Posted

bXaW9Vd.png

that logic..

this guy doing pen attempts all day long.