• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] *extended* Maintenance October 26th

360 posts in this topic

Posted

55811408.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 26.10.2016 

Duration: 7hServer Down:Server Up:
Global08:00 UTC16:00 UTC
West Coast (NA)01:00 PDT09:00 PDT
East Coast (NA)04:00 EDT12:00 EDT
Central (EU)10:00 CEST18:00 CEST

Update: Unfortunately we have to extend the maintenance for 1 extra hour.

Reason:

• Tamer Awakening will be added
  • Server maintenance & Network improvement

Note:

• Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our Forum after the maintenance

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up2date.
Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
BDO Team

Why every week we have to experience such delays everytime?

7 hours is already a huge amount of time for a maintenance and patch, other games takes no more than a couple of hours and you not only take for ever, after that something still wrong!!

Hire some professional  IT workers, you can afford with the money you taking from us!

Edited by LoZio
4 people like this

Posted

To be honest, I know IT'ers and yes they work at night. So that other people who have to use the game, server w.e. won't experience any delay or inconvinience. Note to you, they can test the patch in a safe enviorment. And add to that that they already patched this shit at Korea. For example, boss armor box, same shit happened at Korea. Yet they failed to fix it and have a proper boss armor on US/EU servers. So don't give me that crap.

Exactly. Kakao / Pearl Abyss should hire us.

Posted (edited)

they can test the patch in a safe enviorment.

Safe enviorments cost money.

And add to that that they already patched this shit at Korea. 

Korean servers & Network infrastructure =/= NA/EU servers & network infrastructure.

Exactly. Kakao / Pearl Abyss should hire us.

Not if you honestly think that NA networking is the same as KR networking.

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

Again i will not catch Karanda because will spawn after midnight :| more than half of the week is spawning in EU after midnight how the hell to get my box ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Again i will not catch Karanda because will spawn after midnight :| more than half of the week is spawning in EU after midnight how the hell to get my box ?

Exactly. I seriously doubt any decision Kakao is making at this point. It seems like they have some mentally ill people running around and calling the shots.

1 person likes this

Posted

I want my reward now  NOW

Posted

Again i will not catch Karanda because will spawn after midnight :| more than half of the week is spawning in EU after midnight how the hell to get my box ?

Make enough money to buy the weapon you need...... ._.
There is a method for everyone.
Even people who play little.

From AFK life skills, easy 200m+ can be made a week.

And don't even get me started on master 2 trading buff. My GM has it.
He's rich.

Posted

I just want to be able use the shovels that are stuck in my inventory :(

Posted

Make enough money to buy the weapon you need...... ._.There is a method for everyone.

He's rich.

Not everyone let's their PC / Laptop running while they are gone to work or school. Kakao punishes these people by pushing out patches during the day while pushing back the spawntimers by hours. Don't you see it? 

Posted

Make enough money to buy the weapon you need...... ._.There is a method for everyone.

He's rich.

To buy it from where ?Marketplace?

Posted

I had this same issue last week, ran a file check and everything was ok.

Was my fault. Havn't closed the game before. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

a713fc37056019.5733253de06e3.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

how is this bad? so instead of only 1 guild benfitting from the mechanic now 4 guilds will benefit from it??

stop being a selfish dckhead and fck off -.-

No guilds will benefit when all of the competitive PVP in the game dies because players leave for other games with less arbitrary restrictions on their PVP content.  My guild doesn't even care to hold more than one region, we just want the freedom to attack another region if we so choose.  For example, say we own Calpheon, but we would rather own Mediah.  Right now we have the option of leaving Calpheon undefended and assaulting Mediah.  If this new system is put in place, we lose that option.  That's terrible.  Or say we have vassals (or allies) (which right now effectively exist naturally... emergent gameplay) and we want to provide territory to our vassals in exchange for their agreement to assist us in wars.  If we own a castle, we lose all ability to assist our vassals and effectively lose them, destroying immersive and interesting emergent gameplay.

There was a guild on my server that did hold three regions at one point, and they lost a lot of allies/vassals for being perceived as greedy.  The other guilds in the server rose up, fought together in concerted attacks on several regions, and pushed them out of two of their regions, and it was a great time for everyone.  

Edited by Velexia

Posted

I DEMAND EVERYONE GETS 2 BLACKSTONES AND A REDNOSE ARMOR!
ALSO I WANT A NEW CAPSLOCK BUTTON

Posted

Costs money? Well it also brings more money in the long term.

Stable servers/patches = happy players = more money spend = more money for Kakao = more money for improvements = more happy players = good reputation.

About the servers & network I can see that they are different, but I can't speak for that. I'm not an IT'er.

Posted (edited)

How about giving the wizard and witch their awakening already?  It makes playing this class fairly irrelevant when trying to compete for a farm location against any awakened class.  Also fix the shovel and bottle issue already.  I'm running out of water and purchasing water from the Market shouldn't be the only option.

well ...on our server wizard/witch won a 1v1 tournament versus different awakening classes.

does not seem underpowered to me.

dont think you will be much better/do more dmg with awakening...its just a different playstyle. the only class that got a huge damageboost is warrior...and warrior is overpowered atm. (not necesessarily because of the damage, more because of the block..doesnt even need to pull out the shield. and that not even necessesarily in pvp, its just ridicolous that an undergeared warrior can completely ignore kutum mechanics and still live because of block, while other classes get 1-2 shotted.)

Edited by KingGottKaiser

Posted

Not if you honestly think that NA networking is the same as KR networking.

What do you even mean with networking? You mean the data structure? The routing? The main servers infrastructure? Networking can have A LOT of different meanings at this point.

Posted (edited)

still waiting ._. why does it take so long?

Edited by Kittarawr

Posted

Safe enviorments cost money.

That sounds really retarded... 

Posted

What do you even mean with networking? You mean the data structure? The routing? The main servers infrastructure? Networking can have A LOT of different meanings at this point.

Doesn't matter, broad brushstrokes - the statements are backed up by my personal conversations with the folks in charge of setting up that infrastructure for other KR->NA MMOs.

Posted

Not everyone let's their PC / Laptop running while they are gone to work or school. Kakao punishes these people by pushing out patches during the day while pushing back the spawntimers by hours. Don't you see it? 

Rent/build a server.

Costs money? Well it also brings more money in the long term.

Stable servers/patches = happy players = more money spend = more money for Kakao = more money for improvements = more happy players = good reputation.

About the servers & network I can see that they are different, but I can't speak for that. I'm not an IT'er.

Can you prove this?
At all?

I am an "IT'er".(I've never heard it called that.)
Networking is the core of my career.

I mean, that only reinforces my point.
Netcode for KR network will need to be different than NA/EU network, as the backbone span of the network relative to each country is different.
Sorry, that networking isn't as easy as plugging in a switch, router and modem then letting things run.

At this rate? That's what we define as home networking.

Posted (edited)

and btw now you will see dckhead guilds simply just sitting in their castle getting bored because no one wants to play with them. you get what you deserve ;)

Not just dickhead guilds, but any guild that participates in Region Wars.  Which means after they get bored and leave the game, you're next.  Think beyond yourself for a moment.  

And if we imagine that the players don't get bored and leave the game, then you have only the strongest guilds holding the regions, and no one will ever depose them, because no one will be strong enough.  We will sit on regions, gaining more and more money, hoping and praying anyone has the balls to attacks us, knowing none of the top guilds will be able to.  And when you do attack us, we will crush you.

There is no good outcome with this change, no matter how you slice it.

Edited by Velexia

Posted

That sounds really retarded... 

Test servers, networks and those to test them, cost money.
I made a post about it earlier, I can quote it if you'd really like to know.

Posted

Because the maintenance was extended, I can't awaken my Tamer until 1:20. And I doubt I'll be able to make it in the top 100 at that point. :C

194207dd9df329dcc66bf0bc07eefe8c.gif