• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desert Shovel Exploit

469 posts in this topic

Posted

not really, what is there to be happy about being banned for cheating and exploiting?

it can serve as a warning, to future offenders to think twice about exploiting. 

So people will stop -----ing about whether ot not the company takes action or not. 

Afterall, whether they do anything about this, majority of the people will forget and bring up all the other times they didn't do shit. And flame the ones who brings up the few times they did something.

I was pointing out that you're suggestion number 2 is what's wrong. Havin an offender's name embedded in-game publicly for all to see has no deterrence and is frankly a useless tactic. Imagine general chat, wtf wants to see "TRUMP" cemented in game right on the doorsteps of my local town, the reason behind it is irrelevant. 

Posted

In KR who got over 100mil silver Perma ban who got 10-100 silver 30 days ban and who got 10mil silver 7 days ban :'D

well of course in Europe you can't count on that i guess.. i mean they didn't fix the ppl that had the Fishing bug which went master 17+ right or did they?!

Posted

I was pointing out that you're suggestion number 2 is what's wrong. Havin an offender's name embedded in-game publicly for all to see has no deterrence and is frankly a useless tactic. Imagine general chat, wtf wants to see "TRUMP" cemented in game right on the doorsteps of my local town, the reason behind it is irrelevant. 

As as all humans

They only ever see what they want to see, the rest does not exist for them at all.

Whether you like my suggestion or not, it becomes my suggestion in the end. 

I may think its a great idea, many may do aswell, then others may not.

So instead of jumping on my ----- and bashing me, you need to chill out as it is just a suggestion in the end. 

And either way, there is only 2 options in the end. 

1. You continue playing regardless of what action they do and do not take

2. You stop and find something else to play. 

Posted

New account saying something completely illlogical. Probably alt account of exploiter I guess.

Why should a thief be punished for stealing if the shop owner allowed him to steal, leaving a precious item next to the exit? Good logic sir.

People knew the rules - it's in ToS. Leave those poor excuses for yourself.

First issue I've weighed in on is all. Just my opinion. Stealing from a shop and taking advantage of an exploit while playing a video game are obviously very different. If a ban is what is decided that's great, but I just think it would be more fun to be able to hunt them down and get rewarded for it. I've seen this in other games where developers rushed content and players took advantage. It sucks. Both sides are accountable though. Sh*t happens.

As as all humans

They only ever see what they want to see, the rest does not exist for them at all.

Whether you like my suggestion or not, it becomes my suggestion in the end. 

I may think its a great idea, many may do aswell, then others may not.

So instead of jumping on my ----- and bashing me, you need to chill out as it is just a suggestion in the end. 

And either way, there is only 2 options in the end. 

1. You continue playing regardless of what action they do and do not take

2. You stop and find something else to play. 

This.

Posted (edited)

i didn't use that but serious because of your mistake they have to pay xD ?

just remove all shard, sharps and all blackstones from their inventory and storage and take that much silver from them that they made silver from it so this is the best punishment u can do. But ban is to much at the end of all it was your mistake and people who didin't abouse that bug should be rewarded with GM KAMASYLVE for 7 days :D

Edited by GordonLA

Posted

I know it will never happen , but a wall of shame would be nice .

I think you will be surprised that maybe the guy next toyou was one of them exploiters

1 person likes this

Posted

I know it will never happen , but a wall of shame would be nice .

I think you will be surprised that maybe the guy next toyou was one of them exploiters

Would be quite nice to know which sore losers exploited to get where they are now. IMO anyways.

1 person likes this

Posted

New account saying something completely illlogical. Probably alt account of exploiter I guess.

Why should a thief be punished for stealing if the shop owner allowed him to steal, leaving a precious item next to the exit? Good logic sir.

Exploiting and stealing are two diffferent things and your statement doesnt make sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're an idiot, exploiting and stealing are two diffferent things and your statement doesnt make sense.

Rules are rules. Whether it's law because of living in a country or ToS because of playing a game. You break them, you get punished. Simple as that. But I don't plan to argue on forums if you're calling names because someones opinion is different then yours. I probably would know more swears words describing your attidue anyway, but what's the point?

"Players hunting the exploiters" gave me enough laugh for today from the daily forum humour anyway from your friends post few posts above.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ive seen some posts around here with people being happy that the prices have dropped....I'm adressing to those people now...did you even stop and think about the profit loss of legit players who were selling sharps? Cause it seriously dropped because of exploiters....

Posted

Posted just now · Report post

1 hour ago, Amlug said:

You're an idiot, exploiting and stealing are two diffferent things and your statement doesnt make sense. 

Looks like you have the wrong definition of exploiting because this is far from it. If you found a bug and u can make profit from it offcorse u will. I did not know for that bug and if i do i would do the same. the real problem are people who are punishing the wrong people. The best thing u can do is remove all silver they made and all sharps and hards or even better don't give them Boss gear reward bundle because they abused the bug.

Posted

In KR who got over 100mil silver Perma ban who got 10-100 silver 30 days ban and who got 10mil silver 7 days ban :'D

well of course in Europe you can't count on that i guess.. i mean they didn't fix the ppl that had the Fishing bug which went master 17+ right or did they?!

interesting source on this please 

Most that expolited would go 100+mill so perma ban for lots

If i had my way i would perma ban them all even one's that just tryed it

Posted

Nobody will get banned!
A simple calculation (simplification: EU - 122 Guild (max 100 persons) = 11,200 players -server Alustin 3 x servers gives us 33,600 players let it be even 50,000 Cashkao can not afford to lose them)
forget about the bans - real money is the most important;-)

Posted

6.3. Interacting with other users

• The User shall not attack or insult other users for having different opinions or for making statements the User disagrees with.

I'm just gonna leave that there. 

Posted

Nobody will get banned!
A simple calculation (simplification: EU - 122 Guild (max 100 persons) = 11,200 players -server Alustin 3 x servers gives us 33,600 players let it be even 50,000 Cashkao can not afford to lose them)
forget about the bans - real money is the most important;-)

Those exploiters won't invest a dime in this game . why ? they can buy anything from the market with their exploited money................

Posted

Posted just now · Report post

Looks like you have the wrong definition of exploiting because this is far from it. If you found a bug and u can make profit from it offcorse u will. I did not know for that bug and if i do i would do the same. the real problem are people who are punishing the wrong people. The best thing u can do is remove all silver they made and all sharps and hards or even better don't give them Boss gear reward bundle because they abused the bug.

You find a wallet on the streets with full ID of a person. You either:

1) Give the wallet back to the owner

2) Keep it saying you have found it and you did nothing wrong because you didn't steal it.

There are two kind of people. You can call it however you want. Finding a massive exploit like this, using it and saying "anyone would do the same" isn't true and is just your excuse for doing something against the rules. You can try to explain this in dfiferent words how many times you want. Exploiting a bug is against the game rules no matter from which angle you'll see it.

But where's my wrong definition of exploiting? please make me laugh.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rules are rules. Whether it's law because of living in a country or ToS because of playing a game. You break them, you get punished. Simple as that. But I don't plan to argue on forums if you're calling names because someones opinion is different then yours. I probably would know more swears words describing your attidue anyway, but what's the point?

"Players hunting the exploiters" gave me enough laugh for today from the daily forum humour anyway from your friends post few posts above.

But why put "exploiting" in the same category as "stealing"? A user made use of a situation to benifit him or herself in a way that is considered unfair. Its not that your opinion is different, rather your statement is misleading.

You find a wallet on the streets with full ID of a person. You either:

1) Give the wallet back to the owner

2) Keep it saying you have found it and you did nothing wrong because you didn't steal it.

There are two kind of people. You can call it however you want. Finding a massive exploit like this, using it and saying "anyone would do the same" isn't true and is just your excuse for doing something against the rules. You can try to explain this in dfiferent words how many times you want. Exploiting a bug is against the game rules no matter from which angle you'll see it.

But where's my wrong definition of exploiting? please make me laugh.

Please just stop and google the definitions before regurgitating more ignorance.

Posted

lots of people arguing semantics I see...usually a sign of boredom and knowing they are SCREWED (hopefully).

Posted

Wipe their acounts.

Posted

remove all the gear/money they have gained by exploiting this bug. if you cant do that, simply roll back there account. give them a "special title" that irremovable. "im a cheater"

I love that special title idea. Maybe a Shovel Knight would fit the bill?

Posted

But why put "exploiting" in the same category as "stealing"? A user made use of a situation to benifit him or herself in a way that is considered unfair. Its not that your opinion is different, rather your statement is misleading.

And how stealing can't be put under same category then? "A person made use of situation to benefit him or herself in a way that is considered illegal"? See? Just changed 2 words to distuinguish it slightly from "virtual" vs "real" world. 

Fastfood machine has a broken glass, you take bag of chips. You've used the situation to benefit yourself. Is that not stealing? In this case the code was faulty (the glass) or not protected enough (someone didn't lock the machine).

Honestly in terms of terminology it's the same thing. You could say "it's only a game", but a game is supposed to be fun and playing with people who cheat and exploit breaks the fun. In that case, if there's no rules you might as well just give everyone top gear (or remove gear overall) and make it pure pvp skill based game if you accept exploiters and cheaters as equals.

Posted (edited)

title idea:

"Had a billion. Lost a billion"

"Caught Cheating"

"Known Exploiter"

"Billionaire for a night"

"I'm Greedy"

"Lets ruin the fun"

"Back to level 1" (my favorite)

Edited by Meereele
2 people like this

Posted