• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desert Shovel Exploit

469 posts in this topic

Posted

seems like someones been abusing the gltich or perhaps he knows his friends did

I wish, 700+ bundles later and still no gloves......Meanwhile peeps who've left for three months can come back and get one on the first week on return... F*ck RNGeesus.

No one said it was stealing, just unfair towards everyone else who plays without cheating / exploiting the game...

elGos please scroll back to a few pages where the initial argument started.

Posted

Revelation is coming out soon-

Lol....you cant be serious. 
Please, go play that sh*t show. I'll stay right here when you come crawling back in tears at the horror of a my.com exploit p2w fest.

Posted

I wish, 700+ bundles later and still no gloves......Meanwhile peeps who've left for three months can come back and get one on the first week on return... F*ck RNGeesus.

elGos please scroll back to a few pages where the initial argument started.

Don't have time to, but I'll take your word for it and retract my previous statement :D

Lol....you cant be serious. Please, go play that sh*t show. I'll stay right here when you come crawling back in tears at the horror of a my.com exploit p2w fest.

D: seriously?! :'( you just killed what hope I had left

Posted

Don't have time to, but I'll take your word for it and retract my previous statement :D

you should, its quite entertaining and sad at the same time.

Posted

i afk fish all night just so i can make that extra afew silvers and then you hear this and from what people are saying its like there is hardly anything is going to be done. i feel angry, all that time i put and these son of a female dogs have low balled me for over 3 months.

Posted (edited)

D: seriously?! :'( you just killed what hope I had left

Google this phrase...

my.com pay to win exploit

Edit: Free to Play ALWAAAAAAAAAYS means Pay to Win & Exploits.

Free to Play games usually NEVER have an anti-cheat.
Free to Play got to keep the servers on somehow.... which results in Paying for Power

Edited by Visnja

Posted

Plebs cry about everything, especially luck of others.

Your out of topic go whine to your mommy.

Posted

The hostility displayed for players that make silver is astonishing. All of these "destroy their character and wipe their accounts clean" idiots.

Unless someone is hacking, or botting, there is no reason for permaban from any mmo. Exploits are in every online game, fact of life. If they are game breaking, it is ultimately the dev team's fault for allowing it through their programming and lack of testing etc. Any mmo game I've ever played has always announced and warned against a specific exploit when they've learned of it. And if caught utilizing it after the warning and announcement was given, actions will be taken against the perpetrator, while they try and fix it.

This is the only online game I've played where the response is "break the game first, ban players without explanation second, correct the issue last and THEN explain what is happening to everyone".
 B| Loving this good stuff kashkao, keep doin whatcha doin. <3

1 person likes this

Posted

seems easy to tell whos been abusing the glitch in the forums

1 person likes this

Posted

i'm not sure how it's fair punishing people for an exploit allowed by game management due to lack of proper testing on the game functions is. if you introduce a function into the game, don't introduce it broken. yes it's an exploit, but considering everything that you can get auto fishing, i can't see that big of a difference. only way to fix such an issue is remove afk elements, make people actively have to do things, then there won't be these exploits.

by all means, remove their benefits... but the exploit was a coding issue, not a deliberate hack. 

2 people like this

Posted

OK i got -----d on battlefield by people who cheated... fair play...

Community managers, the community want answers about what exactly is being done.

What will happen next time an exploit is discovered ? "fast fast use it before you get a 1 hour ban !"

Posted

i afk fish all night just so i can make that extra afew silvers and then you hear this and from what people are saying its like there is hardly anything is going to be done. i feel angry, all that time i put and these son of a female dogs have low balled me for over 3 months.

Ill agree with you on that. But there are plenty of ways in maximising your profits than from afk fishing. Im little peeved at whats happened but at the same time a little jealous. Who's to say that any of the above spewing over this  would come forward and own up if they were the ones exploiting?  Its in our DNA to be greedy. Sure you say burn them all but if you were the ones exploiting you'd be singing a different tune. Its no different to RL expoiting loop holes to get ahead of someone. But when someone publicly posts something that is irellivant to the topic and have no idea wtf theyre saying... they're worse than the exploiters. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is an easy process;

Identify the ones that used the exploit. (if there are actual system logs that can show the time spent in the desert)

Fix the problem in code without saying anything.

Add a Filter to log this problem in the future.

Permaban the people that continue and the ones you have identified from previous detection/logs. (Because they can be banned under the "macro" rule)

Put a statue in Sandgrain with the names of the exploiters. (so people can laugh at them)

The real problem is the fact that people (may be or are)  using macros.

The Fix: Implement code that can actually check for macros. (It may have to be a time vs commands parser)

Remove the energy from the action on start rather then on success. (simple fix)

Edited by Sigerith

Posted

i'm not sure how it's fair punishing people for an exploit allowed by game management due to lack of proper testing on the game functions is. if you introduce a function into the game, don't introduce it broken. yes it's an exploit, but considering everything that you can get auto fishing, i can't see that big of a difference. only way to fix such an issue is remove afk elements, make people actively have to do things, then there won't be these exploits.

by all means, remove their benefits... but the exploit was a coding issue, not a deliberate hack. 

You realise there is no way to afk Digg for a longer period without a running macro/bot in the background?

Posted

A little late, but none of you can say you wouldn't have done it if you knew you could.. quit wanting these guys to get perma banned cause the devs -----ed up bad.. They found opportunity and jumped.. not any of there faults.. No, I never used a shovel or bottle during that time or knew about it.. cant say I wouldn't have taken my ass to desert for some shards myself.. But you cant punish someone for your own ----- up... Period

Who's to say they didn't know that was a change... Not like these guys tell us stats or would tell you how many digs you use b4 an energy.. They leave us guessing, and those mofos found a way to get rich quick.. Don't be a hater

Y'all better not ban anyone for your own ----- up.. I'ma be very upset to know I can possibly get banned in the future cause you guys cant write code.. If you created the bug, ban the guy from coding, don't you dare touch the player base for your mistake

1 person likes this

Posted

You know, we have all probably been benefiting from this exploit one way or another.

Don't get me wrong action needs to be taken, but the sheer amount of additional hard stones and sharp stones would have pushed the price down to minimum price, meaning that 2 mill per hard stone you've been spending is probably about to go back up to 4 mill. 

Hate the people who have exploited to the max sure, real ----- move. But i'm also kind of glad i've been able to buy stones at a cheaper price.. Not that i knew there was an exploit in the first place ... Hah. 

I haven't, and many, many others haven't benefited from it. I sell what little shards I get to fund other gear/mats. With shard prices at lows like we seen, I get much less than with prices at their norms. So many of us lose!

I and many others buy our equipment on MP, guess what? Prices go high on gear because these exploiters have cash to burn and buy all the good stuff at high prices so we can't compete with them. So many others lose!

I and many others grind places where we are easily pushed out by well geared players, or do node wars with guilds that have exploited this bug to get insane gear scores. We no longer are on a level playing field if me/others/guild follow the rules. So even more people lose.

We are negatively effect in many ways by people/guilds that exploited this. No excuses, ban the people that exploited this. They deserve it!

Posted

The hostility displayed for players that make silver is astonishing. All of these "destroy their character and wipe their accounts clean" idiots.

Unless someone is hacking, or botting, there is no reason for permaban from any mmo. Exploits are in every online game, fact of life. If they are game breaking, it is ultimately the dev team's fault for allowing it through their programming and lack of testing etc. Any mmo game I've ever played has always announced and warned against a specific exploit when they've learned of it. And if caught utilizing it after the warning and announcement was given, actions will be taken against the perpetrator, while they try and fix it.

This is the only online game I've played where the response is "break the game first, ban players without explanation second, correct the issue last and THEN explain what is happening to everyone".

They just mad cause they broke

1 person likes this

Posted

the exploit can only be abused if someone is also using a bot / macro to continue shoveling

when a Shard is gathered from Shoveling, the player stops auto shoveling unless someone manually inputs to shovel again or a bot / macro does it

Posted

A little late, but none of you can say you wouldn't have done it if you knew you could.. quit wanting these guys to get perma banned cause the devs -----ed up bad.. They found opportunity and jumped.. not any of there faults.. No, I never used a shovel or bottle during that time or knew about it.. cant say I wouldn't have taken my ass to desert for some shards myself.. But you cant punish someone for your own ----- up... Period

Who's to say they didn't know that was a change... Not like these guys tell us stats or would tell you how many digs you use b4 an energy.. They leave us guessing, and those mofos found a way to get rich quick.. Don't be a hater

Y'all better not ban anyone for your own ----- up.. I'ma be very upset to know I can possibly get banned in the future cause you guys cant write code.. If you created the bug, ban the guy from coding, don't you dare touch the player base for your mistake

Yea its a coding error.... That a minority of people massively abused and kept a secret. If they though it was some new way to gather why not write a guide. All I can do it LOL at your post. Im not saying that if i knew i would have been able to resist, but the fact is i woulda known that was a complete exploit.

2 people like this

Posted

To Claed : Sorry to have higher moral standards than a rat. I would have not done this, and I don't give a s*it if you believe me or not. Just please avoid to use your lack of morality as a universal status for all of us.

Posted

What don't you comprehend about exploiting and knowingly exploiting is against the ToS. Especially to gain a mass advantage over the opposition. Oh hey I can dupe items without using 3rd party software not my fault right? Pretty obvious the people that utilized this exploit. How can't you see that the people that utilize exploits are the same cancer that destroys entire games? The same dbags that all bandwagon and join the same guild or ally with all top competition so there is no competition left to be had. People that have no regard for the game itself or anyone else who plays it. Pissant nerds in their moms basement mad that they nolife and still can't compete in the upper echelon. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you even know what the ToS is? You're not supposed to find exploits and keep using them. You sound like a muppet. "Ermagherd not my fault I can cheat"

Please get out.

1 person likes this

Posted

You cheated, the amount of stupidity of players taking advantage of this exploit, who are now in here defending themselves, is astonishing.

Regardless if they are in every MMO, in EVERY MMO, they are against the TOS.  Deal with whatever happens.

Yea its a coding error.... That a minority of people massively abused and kept a secret. If they though it was some new way to gather why not write a guide. All I can do it LOL at your post. Im not saying that if i knew i would have been able to resist, but the fact is i woulda known that was a complete exploit.

This right here.

Posted

Ill agree with you on that. But there are plenty of ways in maximising your profits than from afk fishing. Im little peeved at whats happened but at the same time a little jealous. Who's to say that any of the above spewing over this  would come forward and own up if they were the ones exploiting?  Its in our DNA to be greedy. Sure you say burn them all but if you were the ones exploiting you'd be singing a different tune. Its no different to RL expoiting loop holes to get ahead of someone. But when someone publicly posts something that is irellivant to the topic and have no idea wtf theyre saying... they're worse than the exploiters. 

you are a good person. and 100% correct.

They just mad cause they broke

The Shovel Knights probably have billions more silver than I do, but that doesn't make me mad. Makes me a tad envious. :ph34r:

Posted

Right, Coding error... Cant touch the players