• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desert Shovel Exploit

469 posts in this topic

Posted

servers are up and there is a new TOS

Posted

• The use of Shovels and Empty Bottles has been re-enabled, we apologize for any inconvenience while this was being fixed.

• Players who took advantage of such exploits have been permanently removed from the game.

<3

2 people like this

Posted

I have not read all 18 pages and likely someone has proposed this before so i'd like to lend my voice to the preference of deleveling gear and exp for exploiters as opposed to bans.  Anything less than a permanent ban will not act as a deterrent to people who discover exploits in the future, but perhaps that is too harsh for many of these exploiters.  There are guilds that track gear score, will kick you if you aren't keeping up with their moving average and are known to have known about this exploit.  There are also guilds that habitually exploit, continue to benefit as players from previous exploits and intentionally track patches that we are receiving and test exploits that known to have been introduced in roughly the same korean patches previously - thinking about cheatcode on uno.

However as the advantage received here translates into better gear and faster grinding / money as a result of that gear - the progress from those advantages should be reversed, plus a suitable penalty reversal as a deterrent.

Because gear progress will be to some extent related to how much the exploit was used, picking a single floor to delevel every exploiter to should be roughly proportional as a penalty.  If you de-level every exploiter to +15 on all weps and armour, and base accessories, remove all money and shards and remove 1 full combat exp level and say 100 skill points these individuals will be sufficiently punished, and i believe that the risk of having your duo or tri ogre ring deleveled to base will deter any serious / hardcore / likely to exploit player from deciding to exploit on a risk/reward basis.

Posted

so are you saying that the people that take advantage on loopholes in real life because our forefathers or the lawnmakers "screwed up" should not go to jail? I am talking tax evasion, embezelment, money loundry, scams, etc. 

They had a good run, they took advantage of the system unfairly and now they should pay the comsequenses. You dont want to ban them. Fair enough, death penalty might be to much, lets give them jail time..... 1 day ban for every 20 million aquired illegally.... thats fair..... so 2 billion is 200 days.... 

LOL oh come on you cant even compare the atrocities of our world to this fkn game's screw ups LOL.   I see where youre coming from though.  Please dont think I condone the exploit :P

Posted (edited)

I am artisan 2 in gathering and when I was using empty bottles to get water I almost got a heart attack because no energy was used from time to time.

Like 12-13 bottles with 10 energy. Instantly stopped and threw them away cause I shit my pants and wrote a ticket 3 weeks ago :S

• The use of Shovels and Empty Bottles has been re-enabled, we apologize for any inconvenience while this was being fixed.

• Players who took advantage of such exploits have been permanently removed from the game.

<3

Best news evaaa! And I don't yaaaay the bans. I YAY because I can finally farm new water

Edited by 앨리슨

Posted

How can you blame? Because its in the Terms of service how you can blame.

Were I to write a contract that explicitly stated that if I made a mistake,  all blame would lie with you, what a wonderful world I would live in.

Posted

Thats where you're wrong. The game doesnt tell you everything, otherwise how could you have known to stop at 25 fail stacks to get a Pri MOS? Not from game but from someone's trial and error. My argument is towards those suggesting a permaban to users when they werent at fault. Yes they should be punished but permaban for a fault in the game design which at the time may have been part of the game but only recently discovered as a bug?

Case example, distracted to notice the glitch. Who plays the fishing game for several hours straight?

What I'm saying is, after 5h of digging and not losing energy I'd assume it was because my bags were full and gone back and emptied them to start digging again. If I got 20 shards in that 5h and I was still digging I'd be really confused and look as to why.

I'd probably have emailed support as Chuck_Norris doesn't need glitches to be good.

Posted

What I'm saying is, after 5h of digging and not losing energy I'd assume it was because my bags were full and gone back and emptied them to start digging again. If I got 20 shards in that 5h and I was still digging I'd be really confused and look as to why.

I'd probably have emailed support as Chuck_Norris doesn't need glitches to be good.

Here's the problem with that weak statement. Like all the other hypocritical posters before you, who here would have actually reported the exploit if they came across it? I find it hard to believe anyone would as it could have been reported well within the early days of noticing it. In three months, of the 1-10, 50 or 100 gatherers out their in Valencia how many came forward?

It's human nature to be competitive as well as ignorant of the consequences of such actions. To call for a perma-ban is too excessive. Strip the armor and silver. And whatever happened to all the players that exploited the Red Nose/Bheg Stunlock?

Posted

Here's the problem with that weak statement. Like all the other hypocritical posters before you, who here would have actually reported the exploit if they came across it? I find it hard to believe anyone would as it could have been reported well within the early days of noticing it. In three months, of the 1-10, 50 or 100 gatherers out their in Valencia how many came forward?

It's human nature to be competitive as well as ignorant of the consequences of such actions. To call for a perma-ban is too excessive. Strip the armor and silver. And whatever happened to all the players that exploited the Red Nose/Bheg Stunlock?

Ignorant of the consequences...really? It would be more appropriate to say that while they are making bank they ignore the consequences because i'm damn sure if they were digging and losing the shards from their inventories, they would've been quick to file a report.

One thing I do know, had I participated in the exploit over an extended period of time, I would've deserved whatever they threw at me once it came to light and that's the risk you take.

Posted

Yah! If it wasn't intended for guns to kill people why did the manufacturers make it work like that? It's not the person's fault, it's the gun manufacturer!

Your example is flawed. Imagine if you will that the round was designed to seek out and kill human targets after you shoot at a paper target on a range. This is a stupid argument considering the developers designed the entire world, every item and every mechanic of what you can and cant do. So if I swing my weapon and it one shots everything in the zone, the developers designed it to do that and it's on them. I paid for my ability to swing my weapon and play the game. I'm just doing what I've already paid for.

If any zone mechanic or item is flawed in its use, it's not the players fault. It was developed to be used that way.

1 person likes this

Posted

Your example is flawed. Imagine if you will that the round was designed to seek out and kill human targets after you shoot at a paper target on a range. This is a stupid argument considering the developers designed the entire world, every item and every mechanic of what you can and cant do. So if I swing my weapon and it one shots everything in the zone, the developers designed it to do that and it's on them. I paid for my ability to swing my weapon and play the game. I'm just doing what I've already paid for.
If any zone mechanic or item is flawed in its use, it's not the players fault. It was developed to be used that way.

You're just bending the argument to fit your very narrow view. Gunpowder wasn't first invented to blow people up / shoot projectiles at live targets. People changed the function in order to achieve a different end goal. It is no different here. If your example of  "Imagine if you will that the round was designed to seek out and kill human targets after you shoot at a paper target on a range." was an actual occurrence. It would be like a user of said gun finding a way to change the gun to shoot only paper targets. The use was changed flat out. To be honest I can't even fathom why you even made this statement in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  In the end people abused the system. They got punished for it, the end. If you are arguing anything beyond this go on ahead what's done is done and anything afterwards is a waste of breath. Especially if you're one of the people that abused it :o as for me I will enjoy my game time without them~ 

-sidenote Sharp black crystals were 4.7m today!! I bought maybe a little too many.... :o Lower prices than when shovel gate was happening! Let the tin hat conspiracies begin!

Posted

the info is on their forums.... if you are going to distribute a korean game the least you can do is be up to date on what happens in the real game.... Lets say you own a network television station and you buy the rights to a live show but play it 1 week later. Unexpectedly, on the show, someone got murdered and they could not avoid showing it on tv.... By the time you play it back 1 week later, I am sure you will edit the part where the live murder happens..... You are not just going to receive the show and play it without seeing it first... that is just plain stupid.....

All they needed is have 1 guy regularly read their patch note forums...

Oh hey, buddy. 

Guess what was in the KR patch notes today?? 

● You need at least 2 extra slots in the inventory to gather something.

● You can now gather using shovel and bottle.

Tell me more about how this was patched in KR months ago and how Kakao should have been on top of it. 

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/update/read?articleId=377&pageIndex=1&bbsId=BDN002 

Posted (edited)

Some people are honest. Its like in our old game ESO if there was something that was buggy we would create a forum post / film it so everyone was aware of it and could do it so the developers had to act. We don't want to beat people from an unfair disadvantage, that is not fun.

Anyone that claims they thought this glitch was "normal" I think they need the perm ban to step outside and get some perspective on live.

Edited by Mountain Hound

Posted (edited)

Some people are honest. Its like in our old game ESO if there was something that was buggy we would create a forum post / film it so everyone was aware of it and could do it so the developers had to act. We don't want to beat people from an unfair disadvantage, that is not fun.

Anyone that claims they thought this glitch was "normal" I think they need the perm ban to step outside and get some perspective on live.

Justice prevails, the innocent are spared. Everything is gonna be Daijoubu !!

Just read the latest from GM_Dew posted 4 hrs ago. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/117853-actions-against-shovel-exploiters/&page=16

Edited by Saitama_Sensei
gtfo: It is my right to make my point alot clearer.

Posted

I guess im not a Human then.... my view of point is that everyone doing this is just plain stupid and a shame of "Humanity"

Posted

so are you saying that the people that take advantage on loopholes in real life because our forefathers or the lawnmakers "screwed up" should not go to jail? I am talking tax evasion, embezelment, money loundry, scams, etc. 

They had a good run, they took advantage of the system unfairly and now they should pay the comsequenses. You dont want to ban them. Fair enough, death penalty might be to much, lets give them jail time..... 1 day ban for every 20 million aquired illegally.... thats fair..... so 2 billion is 200 days.... 

Lets do it on Donald Trump the Cheater

Posted

Yes, it was their fault it happened, but the fact that people continued to exploit it after they knew about it is the player's fault. 

So, it goes like this:

( this is how it "should" have went ) There is a bug in the game code. A player finds it and says "This must be a bug because this isn't supposed to happen this way". Then they report it, and don't do it again until it's reported as fixed.

( This is an exploiter that should be banned ) There is a bug in the game code. A player finds it and says " Hmm, this isn't supposed to do this! Holy cow look what I'm getting! I'm going to milk this until I make billions! Days later and 2 billion in silver and/or 1000's of shards made, PA disables the buggy code.

Should the player get to keep the silver? Or be banned for knowing that it existed and kept going?

BAN the jerk!

True true true! You're definitely right! :) Though I still think they're quite smart for finding it out haha :P However, it's unfair to the other players who didn't know about this and therefore they should indeed be banned! 

Thanks for your reply :)) I like the way you explained it haha ^-^

Posted

I am glad that they are banning exploiters.

But for us legit players who are now stuck with 2 less bag spaces when gathering and doing gathering quest.

Can we get 2 free bag slots?

I mean, the fix should have been that energy is consumed regardless if bag is full or not.

So this type of fix is basically punishing us legit players by reducing our bags to -2 from the total.

So can we all get +2 free bag space and include that in newer created chars and future players.

If not (please redo the +2 bag required to gather and change it to always drain energy even when bag is full).

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't, and many, many others haven't benefited from it. I sell what little shards I get to fund other gear/mats. With shard prices at lows like we seen, I get much less than with prices at their norms. So many of us lose!

I and many others buy our equipment on MP, guess what? Prices go high on gear because these exploiters have cash to burn and buy all the good stuff at high prices so we can't compete with them. So many others lose!

I and many others grind places where we are easily pushed out by well geared players, or do node wars with guilds that have exploited this bug to get insane gear scores. We no longer are on a level playing field if me/others/guild follow the rules. So even more people lose.

We are negatively effect in many ways by people/guilds that exploited this. No excuses, ban the people that exploited this. They deserve it!

I see what you mean, in actual fact after the exploit has been dealt with i've noticed that shards etc has dropped in value. which was the opposite of what i thought would happen which is great!

I dont really get the whole being pushed out by other players though. I never really get this problem but maybe its the times i grind.. 

Im no way shape or form what you would class as geared either .. But ive worked on my gear without marketplace by playing anmity game > grinding black stones and only really buying occasional hard shards etc etc .. Its been a long process.

Dont get me wrong, im glad theyve been punished, but i cant help but feel like stripping them all from their gear and taking all their money would have been a better way of doing it, forcing them to restart instead of completely blocking them.

But who am i to judge.. Im a "casual" player.

I didnt even know this exploit existed until the forums exploded with people demanding a witch hunt =p