• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desert Shovel Exploit

469 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by BlackestDesert

Posted

prema ban maybe hard give them 1 year ban i doubt they will come bk after 1 year anyway lol

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

As you probably learned recently, a bug was discovered in the game allowing players to shovel in the desert for no energy cost at all.

Granting them the possibility to only lose energy when they were getting a Crystal Shard.

This is indeed considered an exploit and a violation of our Terms of Use which is not permitted. The original way this feature was meant to work was it would require energy for every action no matter the rewards. 

We are actively pursuing our investigation, and players found utilizing this exploit or other similar instances will have action taken against their account.

WHAT ACTION!!!!
because last time you came out with this statement the majority (everyone i know of actually) either didn't get banned, or got a weak 3-7days ban and kept ALL their gain from it..

so unless these are PERMA ban NO second chances this statement is just a  "go F yourself" and showing yet one more extremely incompetent action and respons...

Edited by Tjaranis
12 people like this

Posted

How exactly will you know who is the exploiter and who got banned? lol, you really think theyre gonna publish the records on who got banned?

Why not? Good ol' fashion name and shame.Who cares about the identities of cheaters. They should be shamed by the community.

3 people like this

Posted

LAY DOWN THE BAN HAMMER M8 WEWEWEWEWEWEW LADS JUSTICE!

sike cant wait to see that 2day ban and no items or silver taken from the accounts.

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean yeah it's cheating, but isn't it PA's fault that this was even possible? I mean it sounds to me like something went wrong in the code :o 

Or do I see this in the wrong way? Were they using third party software to achieve this? Can someone explain? ^^ Please stay nice haha :P

Posted

1. Don't ban them just delete their whole equipment :P

or

2. Permaban them

2 people like this

Posted

LOCK EM UP             LOCK EM UP

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol this is so messed up I don't know what to do but laugh. The game is done. 

Posted

Reset their accounts and record a video of a GM selling all their gear and throwing away items.

best way

3 people like this

Posted

Wipe their accounts. Everything but Pearl Items and Characters gone. Easy as that.

2 people like this

Posted

Perma ban is the only option, good luck getting them all. 

Can't wait for all these "top" players and guilds to crumble, good riddance to you cancerous scummy plebs. 

Posted

This exploit has given those that abused it an insurmountable lead in terms of gear and money. If "real" action is not taken against the people that abused this exploit then this game is as dead to me as archeage is. Archeage died with the dupe exploits, don't repeat the mistakes of Trion.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

the next BIG question is:
HOW did no flag go off at ALL when someone was suddenly gaining 100+ hard/sharp stones a DAY!!!.... seriously.... this opens up for major hacker concerns... your system is SOOO flawed there is NOTHNIG flagging red when someone does something which is utterly impossible to do and would have major influence of the ecco of the game O.o 

wonder how many people have created a dubbing hack, since clearly there is no control over it at all.

Edited by Tjaranis
1 person likes this

Posted

I hear Gravity is recruiting.

2 people like this

Posted

I read that as two sisters. Was about to high five you...

I haven't had KFC for more than 2 full years, until yesterday, and here it is right here. :ph34r:

Posted

is Edan going from having 2 PENs on the server to none? Find out next week!

Posted

Yeah kinda like the no cooldown abusers got 48 hr bans right? My hopes are certainly not up. 

The players that did this will be ahead of everyone probaby for the lifespan of this game.

Posted (edited)

I hear Gravity is recruiting.

any guild found with the majority of their leadership or members abusing this exploit should be fully disbanded, the guild bonus tracked and retracted (losing the fonds making it impossible for those who used it to have more than 10m at any given time untill its paid back) and the offenders perma banned... imho.....

we ALL know how some guilds suddenly came to extreme power and the gain should be taken away and everyone involved should be punish according to their involvement -_-

and it is about freaking time Kakao sends a CLEAR message that CHEATERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED AND IS NOT WORTH THE CHANCE.

Edited by Tjaranis
2 people like this

Posted

doubt any action will be taken.

Posted

This exploit has given those that abused it an insurmountable lead in terms of gear and money. If "real" action is not taken against the people that abused this exploit then this game is as dead to me as archeage is. Archeage died with the dupe exploits, don't repeat the mistakes of Trion.

its VERY doubtfull they will get more than a 7days ban at best... this is the standard of the kakao "action against the WORST offenders", if actions are taken at all -.- ....

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

As you probably learned recently, a bug was discovered in the game allowing players to shovel in the desert for no energy cost at all.

Granting them the possibility to only lose energy when they were getting a Crystal Shard.

This is indeed considered an exploit and a violation of our Terms of Use which is not permitted. The original way this feature was meant to work was it would require energy for every action no matter the rewards. 

We are actively pursuing our investigation, and players found utilizing this exploit or other similar instances will have action taken against their account.

After you finished investigation will you tell us what action was taken? I think we deserve to know the punishment you give there accounts

and it is about freaking time Kakao sends a CLEAR message that CHEATERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED AND IS NOT WORTH THE CHANCE.

Where do I sign

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

WHAT ACTION!!!!because last time you came out with this statement the majority (everyone i know of actually) either didn't get banned, or got a weak 3-7days ban and kept ALL their gain from it..

so unless these are PERMA ban NO second chances this statement is just a  "go F yourself" and showing yet one more extremely incompetent action and respons...

Everyone that NO CD Exploited or did the gold bar duping thing got permanently banned. I'm confused on where you are pulling these facts from that people only got small bans. Kakao doesn't even do 7 day bans, It's 1day ban, 3 day(these normally come with rollbacks), perma ban.

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I  bought the game, I buy pearls (ALOT) to support the developers to improve the game and bring us new content, I abide by the TOS at all times.

As a customer I would like to know the EXACT action taking for tgese cheaters, this game ISNT massive population like WoW there's been the same names thrown out here and there. If I see some 2 day ban slaps on the wrist, I will quit this game immediately. 

Taking this from a friend but we all feel this way.

Honestly I'm on the fence right now where I'm kinda having fun still playing but feel the fun dropping off. If these people don't get permabanned or at least wipe their account of all goods/silver then it'll be the tipping point for me.

Honestly they really messed up by not dealing with this sooner. All the people who have done it will be banned OR they won't ban them, and people like me who are frustrated will leave.

Edited by TheBlackMamba
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I mean yeah it's cheating, but isn't it PA's fault that this was even possible? I mean it sounds to me like something went wrong in the code :o 

Or do I see this in the wrong way? Were they using third party software to achieve this? Can someone explain? ^^ Please stay nice haha :P

There were, I gather, 2 different levels to the exploit. 

1. You could for a while do this in dungeons and areas that did not have desert debuffs. Totally code issues here- they allowed the digging in areas that it should not have occurred in and they allowed the no energy usage with full inventory. Assuming you parked a toon and did this you were exploiting at level 1.

2. Once the non-desert areas were patched to make them no longer dig-able, folks would go dig in the desert and park a witch alt there to group heal everyone. These folks used macros on the witch to spam heal every so often to keep everyone alive. These folks were exploiting at level 2.

Edited by Grizabella
2 people like this