• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desert Shovel Exploit

469 posts in this topic

Posted

• Players participating in shovel exploit have been adjusted

This this and all of this. PREPARE FOR THE ADJUSTMENTS BOIS.

Posted

xD You always seem to run out of likes for me.

ACK! wasn't planning that way... only gave out one so far today. I WANT MORE!!!  :P 

Posted

I wouldn't ban them, I'd strip them of their gear. All of it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I truly think this is an opportunity for them to win over the player base. I find it really hard to continue to play to the extent I currently do unless I see people perma banned. It just gets old man. Every game I go to it's the same thing people cheat, exploit, or simply bandwagon to top tier players into one guild to have an advantage. Typically it's mediocre at best players putting up a facade as being good by doing anything possible to have an edge over competition rather than wanting to earn it.

Perma bans are in their best interest as anyone who was using this exploit surely wasn't dumping money each week to sell pearl stuff on marketplace as a means of making silver when they could make that amount in 2 nights of afk nor would those players have any need to do so in the future with how much they already attained. It's a win win for them to get rid of this scum as if they don't I highly doubt people will be so inclined to try to p2w through pearl items anymore.

5 people like this

Posted

I truly think this is an opportunity for them to win over the player base. I find it really hard to continue to play to the extent I currently do unless I see people perma banned. It just gets old man. Every game I go to it's the same thing people cheat, exploit, or simply bandwagon to top tier players into one guild to have an advantage. Typically it's mediocre at best players putting up a facade as being good by doing anything possible to have an edge over competition rather than wanting to earn it.

Perma bans are in their best interest as anyone who was using this exploit surely wasn't dumping money each week to sell pearl stuff on marketplace as a means of making silver when they could make that amount in 2 nights of afk nor would those players have any need to do so in the future with how much they already attained. It's a win win for them to get rid of this scum as if they don't I highly doubt people will be so inclined to try to p2w through pearl items anymore.

Well said. This should be the one and only response to the issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am normally not the loud guy regarding bans, but this here has to be taken very seriously.

- exploiters gained money advantage and destroying a part of the market

- this game is based on the market (not for everybody, yes)

- So, the exploiters advanced on the money sector, and thus also on the farming sector, since they had the money to buy all the good stuff high (and out-dps enemies on farming spots), while destroying income chances of gatherers because the hard/sharp crystals were only worth 60% of the unplayed market.

- prices for hard/sharps are already on the rising since the shovels were forbidden, so there is the evidence

As a paying customer, I will follow these next actions regarding bans closely. I like the game, but if the game stays so rigged in advantage of the envolved, i may quit the game for good.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really hope the banhammer will strike hard on these...
Any info/eta on showels/empty bottles reactivation please?

Posted

Here's a 1 week ban for 3 months of exploiting

Posted

Permaban the exploiters or you will lose players.

Either permaban or take all wealth and possessions and permaflag them for 6 months. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think these people need to be banned. Just take away all their silver and items :-)

1 person likes this

Posted

I am getting excited! I can already see the top guild on my server losing 75% of its player base :). Buh Bye Barcode lawllllll 

Posted

They don't need to be banned, take all their silver and gear away! And if you're being kind roll their account back pre Valencia digging.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for the response and reassurance that you are looking into the matter. I do hope that those "actions" will indeed result in an account termination for the obvious offenders!

Posted (edited)

Permban +1

OR -50 million Karma and gains removed, either would make me happy.

Edited by Ragnar Lodbrok

Posted

What kind of action?  We need more specifics here than this vague response provides.  

Posted

Can I get an awakened shovel with repairs enabled and 69 durability.

00011014.thumb.png.06eaf3c623ac9319e67f6

Posted

Woo the company is doing what they should do..

Do you want a pat on the back? This is a no brainer.

Posted

Thank you for addressing the issue.

As for the exploiters, will they be receiving permanent bans? A guildie's friend was given a 3 day ban for exploiting & exchanging (recently, I assume) gold bars. 3 days isn't enough, not even close.

Did he get his account rollback?

Posted

Remove the energy cost of gathering will solve the trouble and all ppl will be happy.

Posted

If you guys are expecting them to make news of ban waves or compensation or whatever with the patch notes tomorrow, you'll be disappointed.

realistically speaking we'll probably hear something about this a bit down the road, if we do even. id give it a week.

Posted

So many crying babies here :)

Stop trashing forum, GM's answered on all your complaining. Non of gm's will not follow on your request of punishments. Just shut up and keep play....

Posted

I don't think these people need to be banned. Just take away all their silver and items :-)

Are you kidding? Exploiters must be permabanned, but kakao will not do that, like they didn't before for the other exploits.

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

As you probably learned recently, a bug was discovered in the game allowing players to shovel in the desert for no energy cost at all.

Granting them the possibility to only lose energy when they were getting a Crystal Shard.

This is indeed considered an exploit and a violation of our Terms of Use which is not permitted. The original way this feature was meant to work was it would require energy for every action no matter the rewards. 

We are actively pursuing our investigation, and players found utilizing this exploit or other similar instances will have action taken against their account.

If it wasn't intended then why did you guys develop it to work like that? It's not the players fault, it's the developers.

Posted

If it wasn't intended then why did you guys develop it to work like that? It's not the players fault, it's the developers.

Yah! If it wasn't intended for guns to kill people why did the manufacturers make it work like that? It's not the person's fault, it's the gun manufacturer!

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree that this was against terms of service. And I agree that some players likely exploited it. However, someone who didn't know any better is going to get clipped and that bums me out.

Fortunately I've never done any digging and the last time I used bottles it definitely used my energy. So, I'm good.