• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Desert Shovel Exploit

469 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I agree that this was against terms of service. And I agree that some players likely exploited it. However, someone who didn't know any better is going to get clipped and that bums me out.

Fortunately I've never done any digging and the last time I used bottles it definitely used my energy. So, I'm good.

So by someone who "didn't know any better" you mean someone that didn't read the ToS yar? :o

12.1.4. Use of Exploits

The User shall immediately report any process or action(s) which, when performed in the Game, allow the User to play the Game in a way it was no intended to be played by game design (hereinafter, an “Exploit”).

The User shall never attempt to reproduce an Exploit, except for the purpose of providing the reproduction steps to customer support of Kakao Games Europe.

Any benefit acquired from the direct or indirect action of Exploiting shall be reversed if deemed necessary by Kakao Games Europe.

Edited by Momofu
Emphasizing the Emphasis
1 person likes this

Posted

If it wasn't intended then why did you guys develop it to work like that? It's not the players fault, it's the developers.

Bad example but the first one that came to mind...

If someone leaves their keys in their car, and you take it...You think you should get away with it scott free? It's called Integrity....Character.

Whatever happened to doing the right thing when nobody is looking?

The people that did this, the way it's been outlined, KNEW this was wrong. You had to set your sh!t in a specific manner/way to allow this to happen. I'm sorry, I have no pity for those that abused this. Ban...Hamma.

5 people like this

Posted

Please be harsh with the pursuit and action taken. People who did this intentionally and for long span of time need to be punished as per my knowledge some got filthy rich which is quite unacceptable and unfair to people who literally spent hundreds of hours gathering just a fraction of that. Thanks Kakao !

Posted

I agree that this was against terms of service. And I agree that some players likely exploited it. However, someone who didn't know any better is going to get clipped and that bums me out.

Fortunately I've never done any digging and the last time I used bottles it definitely used my energy. So, I'm good.

Just because they "didn't know any better" doesn't mean they shouldn't get punished either. They had a good 3+ months to abuse it, now it's coming to an end. That's good for us, bad for them. But they can start over legit if they want to play BDO again. 

Posted

Harmony panic!

But i doubt the exploiters there will get prema banned... 

Posted

I hope they will 

A) Perm Ban all accounts

B) Delete EVERYTHING from the chars on these accounts, give them Reblath armor and a white weapon and perma flag them for PvP for at least 3 months ....

but i am afraid that these guys only get a three days ban and they can keep all their stuff...

Why would they need to flag them for pvp and give them shit armor if they're perma banned lol. They wont be able to log in so thats a waste of effort. 

1 person likes this

Posted

would have been nice if instead of disabling it they first gathered information for several weeks to find out who to ban first. I mean this games economy is built in a way where something like this can't really hurt the economy all that bad. I mean a little bit as concentrated stones sell for a little less that hurt normal gatherers a little bit but thats only if they sell the stones themselves witch most people would use however few they managed to get "legit". and they cant trade off to another account if they get banned. so even letting this exploit go on for a while would not do all that much for the general health of the game it would only give these people higher gear compared to others for X amount of time investment.

really should have done more research before this kneejerk reaction.

Posted

I would rather see people rolled back to before valencia patch hit! Would be amazing :D

Posted

players found utilizing this exploit or other similar instances will have action taken against their account.

Sounds to me like they don't plan on banning the people who have already abused this. Only the people who are currently or continue to do so. Time to pack it up and find another game if I don't see those select few who have been caught permanently banned and tossed from the game. 

Posted (edited)

this is how many ppl Daumn KR banned there are 4 tiers of bans depending on the scale of the abuse

88a12fd3fbd9b42456006d0e2dbcb586.png

Since DAUM KR has office in EU/NA i think its safe to assume what we can expect

Edited by Derpyboom

Posted

Daum. This is your time to make it right. I have spent over $1000 on this game. Two ways to make this right. I would argue that this exploit has been the most destabilizing thing to happen to this game yet. Yes this includes spd hacking/botting. We have reports of people getting on ave 1-2 sharp/hard every 20-30mins. This can be up to 50 shards a day. Three months of this and your looking at thousands of shards per one account.

1)Perma Ban

2)Complete removal of all gear and money from guilty players and 3-7 day suspension

Anything less is unacceptable

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, if not perma banned them, then literally delete every single piece of gear from their inventory. I'll accept that as punishment enough.

Posted (edited)

I hope its not just a ban for a week, SERIOUS action should be taken against these accounts.

Don't show them mercy because they "didn't know". They all knew it wasn't working as intended so that excuse is bullshit.

Edited by Zodiac
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, if not perma banned them, then literally delete every single piece of gear from their inventory. I'll accept that as punishment enough.

You know what a Perma Ban is yes....?

Why should they delete anything from someone who can´t ever play again...?   LOGIC?!?

Posted

Delete gear/warehouses or perma ban, thank you.

Posted

Why should they delete anything from someone who can´t ever play again...?   LOGIC?!?

I said IF they do not perma ban, then the person in question should lose all their gear. Keep level, skill points, energy obtained, etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

He said "if NOT", so what he means is that if they aren't perma banned their items should be deleted. Can you see the logic now?

Posted

Ops... mixed with @Caldra´s statement....

Posted (edited)

You forgot about one thing.

Leave them naked in the desert with shovel in ass.

^^This^^ Or...  Put their character heads on a pike outside the entrance to the major cities with all their Guild, Title, and Name info still active.  Just in time for Halloween. 

Edited by Dauthus
3 people like this

Posted

3 day ban and clear out their banks and inventories

i was going to say just delete silver/goldbars but they might just get around it by buying gear and reselling it

Posted

gj

Posted

ban hammer.jpg

Posted

Well, I guess they can see that people entered desert with full bags (who would go and dig with a full bag?) and then they can see they spent x amount of hours in the desert. Now if they plead they do not know = macro healing, if they were moving they knew either way they were hacking.

Either way, they knew they were exploiting.

Posted (edited)

ban hammer.jpg

yep, next bans for 3 days.

Edited by GamenestTV

Posted

This kind of "exploit" exists in about every MMO i know in one way or another. Be it only getting what you want (the common one) or using no resources or both combined.

Sure, it´s an exploit, no doubt. But also lazy AF programming!