• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Rangers need Nerfed badly

108 posts in this topic

Posted

Its not a cry thread when even Pearl Abyss has said Rangers are over tuned. Im predicting Rangers get nerfed to do 80% of the damange they do now. Ill be sure to save some bottles for your tears when it happens :D 

I keep hearing "Pearl Abyss said that Rangers are to strong" :P I hear that each time a player complains about someone. Last time it was "Pearl Abyss said that Warrior are to strong bla bla". If you saw the devs write about it, it should not be hard to find it and post it here, right? :)

Posted

Lmao, everytime a class gets its awakening, some whining thread appears. I can't wait until this guy makes the same thread about tamers in few days.

I keep hearing "Pearl Abyss said that Rangers are to strong" :P I hear that each time a player complains about someone. Last time it was "Pearl Abyss said that Warrior are to strong bla bla". If you saw the devs write about it, it should not be hard to find it and post it here, right? :)

He prolly read it somewhere on forums or reddit and that's it. Anyway I wish him good luck if he thinks that complaining here will help him in any way. :P

Posted

Lmao, everytime a class gets its awakening, some whining thread appears. I can't wait until this guy makes the same thread about tamers in few days.

He prolly read it somewhere on forums or reddit and that's it. Anyway I wish him good luck if he thinks that complaining here will help him in any way. :P

Yea you are right :) Just typical, haha...

Posted (edited)

Another person that probably hasnt even fought an Awakened Ranger with equal gear.. You just took 1 look at the numbers and said THIS NEEDS TO BE NERFED? Didnt you?

Cold Blade literally does no -----ing damage
Breezy Blade does a little bit of damage
Waltz of Wind does a little more damage but still shit all really

Your hard hitting skills at level 58 are Elven Rage and top damage being Natures Tremble.
Wailing Wind is also nice damage.

The Frontal Guard on Elven Rage is a bit iffy. You can get hit, cced from the front right as you are casting.. and even when your hit is about to land.

Now talking about the Flows (which you didnt include in this post I know but I will briefly talk about them anyway)

Vine Knot does no damage and is just a cc skill which seems to not work most of the time (probably my terrible luck with cc abilities)
Flow: Tempest, Flow: Disillusion both have alright damage and both cc but you do not have block while doing these flows so people can stop you fairly easily tbh.
Flow: Rushing Wind is actually nice damage but probably will only use that once in a fight ofc.

TL;DR
Actually play Ranger and experience how much the skills actually hit for instead of just seeing damage numbers in the skills description and thinking it needs a nerf.
Honestly any good Ranger is still going to be using the bow a lot and awakening mainly for cc and sometimes a quick burst of damage from Tremble, Elven Rage, Regeneration (Lv59)

Edited by KFC
2 people like this

Posted

Yea you are right :) Just typical, haha...

like i told him, he keeps getting rekedt by rangers.

Posted

Is your class awakened?

no: wait until your awakening before crying about nerfs

yes: do you have decent gear?

no: get geared

yes: git gud

3 people like this

Posted

Their awakening gives them too much saftey for the dmg that they do. You shouldnt have both saftey and massive dmg. Something has to give either take away the super armor ont he moving attacks or nerf the dmg. Hell even my guildmates that are Rangers are saying that the damage is stupidly high and needs a nerf. Something seriously needs to be done to lower their effective power because right now rangers are making the game less and less fun each day.  

Heck lets look at the damange that they have at lvl 58 with their awakenings shall we?

Cold Blade does 662% x a max of 10 hits 

wailing wind does 921% x6 hits

Elven Rage does 964% x6 hits

Breezy blade does 1335% x3 hits

Waltz of Wind does 964 x Max of 6 hits

Natures Tremble 954% max 8 hits 

thats just the skills not even the flows 

then all of their abilities short of cold blade max out at above 1k% around level 60 with a few outstanding at 61 and one at 62

then there is super armor or a frontal guard on at least half of the abilities. Plus I frames on certain skills that do end up doing dmg 

They needed nerfing since release, no ranged class should do melee or better damage in any game!
But as far as awakeing for ranger goes, Devs already said its OP & going to be making changes in the future.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This still dosent stop them getting melted like butter

Edited by BigBossInThePit

Posted

Its not a cry thread when even Pearl Abyss has said Rangers are over tuned. Im predicting Rangers get nerfed to do 80% of the damange they do now. Ill be sure to save some bottles for your tears when it happens :D 

That's is actually wrong... Ranger got multiple awakening weapon buffs to get on par with other classes and in the end they got a bit overbuffed, but we don't know if those buffs got applied for our version. So everything is fine and all awakenings do this kind of dmg cuz they are all pretty much the same

PS: GIT GUD

They needed nerfing since release, no ranged class should do melee or better damage in any game!But as far as awakeing for ranger goes, Devs already said its OP & going to be making changes in the future.

nice .... I want a warrior nerf cuz i'm ranger with 30 AP more and he is doing more dmg than me and he is too fu tough to kill.... that means I want a DP nerf too

you PLEBS really need to GIT GUD

Posted

Another person that probably hasnt even fought an Awakened Ranger with equal gear.. You just took 1 look at the numbers and said THIS NEEDS TO BE NERFED? Didnt you?

Cold Blade literally does no -----ing damage
Breezy Blade does a little bit of damage
Waltz of Wind does a little more damage but still shit all really

Your hard hitting skills at level 58 are Elven Rage and top damage being Natures Tremble.
Wailing Wind is also nice damage.

The Frontal Guard on Elven Rage is a bit iffy. You can get hit, cced from the front right as you are casting.. and even when your hit is about to land.

Now talking about the Flows (which you didnt include in this post I know but I will briefly talk about them anyway)

Vine Knot does no damage and is just a cc skill which seems to not work most of the time (probably my terrible luck with cc abilities)
Flow: Tempest, Flow: Disillusion both have alright damage and both cc but you do not have block while doing these flows so people can stop you fairly easily tbh.
Flow: Rushing Wind is actually nice damage but probably will only use that once in a fight ofc.

TL;DR
Actually play Ranger and experience how much the skills actually hit for instead of just seeing damage numbers in the skills description and thinking it needs a nerf.
Honestly any good Ranger is still going to be using the bow a lot and awakening mainly for cc and sometimes a quick burst of damage from Tremble, Elven Rage, Regeneration (Lv59)

I didnt just look at rangers abilities damage numbers and come to that conclusion. Ive fought against equal geared rangers and still get blown up. I know people with full tri boss gear that still get blown up by those same rangers. If you think rangers dont do a ton of damage maybe you just have little to no ap yourself? 

Posted

the much more likely thing to happen is them to nerf classes than to rework an entire stat and how it works. 

Then why the heck should ranger get nerf but not the other classes? The way you suggest will only create more and more unbalance shyt 

Posted

wait until you see wizard/witch's awakening multipliers lol, basically a melee ranger but now can cast at a distance loolololollololololol

I didnt just look at rangers abilities damage numbers and come to that conclusion. Ive fought against equal geared rangers and still get blown up. I know people with full tri boss gear that still get blown up by those same rangers. If you think rangers dont do a ton of damage maybe you just have little to no ap yourself? 

and yes with awakening now a single cc or miss play you are done for, therefore git gud is actually what you really need to do. with ranger at least you die quick but against a giant with a slow death is annoying as hell.

Posted

That's is actually wrong... Ranger got multiple awakening weapon buffs to get on par with other classes and in the end they got a bit overbuffed, but we don't know if those buffs got applied for our version. So everything is fine and all awakenings do this kind of dmg cuz they are all pretty much the same

PS: GIT GUD

nice .... I want a warrior nerf cuz i'm ranger with 30 AP more and he is doing more dmg than me and he is too fu tough to kill.... that means I want a DP nerf too

you PLEBS really need to GIT GUD

if i remember right War & Sorc where also menchioned to be looked into as well. inven website has the full write up of whats whats but its IP blocked atm, so cant get the exact details of what was said about other classes.

Posted (edited)

Rangers are tough atm, yes. But not unbeatable. You just got to GitGud.

Also, to defend the guy saying that he saw a post on rangers being too buffed by the devs and they said that they thought the same, I heard about that from multiple people in my guild and other sources. Unfortunately, idk where to look for proof.

Anyways, all Awakenings will get adjusted after we get them all. in KR they are already on it. and I hope that we get it soon(ish)

They got nerfed and then buff (or just buffed... idk) And they over did it.

About wheter or not we already have the buffed version: Warriors are already the nerfed version so I guess that it is the case. 

Edited by Nihillian

Posted

I dont see a reason to nerf them. 
The point most think they are overpowered is getting destroyed from 220+ AP full boss rangers. 

I have 170 AP with Tri liverto, No Boss Parts and 250 DP 
I get pretty much wrecked all the time. 1 Shot by warriors or Sorcs while i dont even do dmg.

Just because you got butthurt from top geared rangers mens nothing..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Is your class awakened?

no: wait until your awakening before crying about nerfs

yes: do you have decent gear?

no: get geared

yes: git gud

so there is no difference in strengh of the awakenings? ;)

Edited by nyn idc

Posted

For now everything needs to be left as is until all awakenings are out, if they panic nerf Rangers right now, it may seriously gimp them when all awakenings get released.

And it they do that, everyone will have left the game.  It will be MONTHS before all awakenings have been released.  Their excuse for doing a staggered release for awakenings was so that they could "adjust" balance after each awakening.  Load of rubbish, they have not fine-tuned or balanced anything.

This company, this developer has seemingly no clue about how to balance their own game.  I wish people would stop asking for things to get adjusted, the reality is...it will never happen.

Posted

At awakening theres a huge gap between bad rangers and good rangers atm. play bad die lots play good be op.

Posted (edited)

Quit making up bullsh!!t without any evidence to back it up.. Rangers have already been nerfed multiple time already. 

Lol, that calss is god mode, a 180 ap ranger deleted me in 4 seconds,other classes with that ap tickle ,  im a 280 dp warrior ,ranger awakening is just a joke :))) 

Please watch from 0:10 of this video, that is ranger awakening, and it needs a huge nerf. I get deleted the same way, 3-4 seconds , basicly they grab and you die, i know you play a ranger, but please..LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTlA1VWKjc

Edited by WinningFob
1 person likes this

Posted

so there is no difference in strengh of the awakenings? ;)

of course there might be, that's why you gotta wait until they're all in and the balance passes have been made :P

You play a musa and you complain about rangers?

Sounds legit :^) I hope they nerf Divider skill too.

that was a really intense fight, had that wizard evaded in a different direction he could've won :o ttk is a bit short in this game in general, i hope they do something with dp because i think a lot of gripe is coming from that

Posted (edited)

Lol all I read was "I suck at this game, my gear sucks, its rangers fault, waaaaaaa"

L2P before you join the QQ nerf ranger bandwagon.

No, I don't play a Ranger.

Edited by Zodiac

Posted

tl:dr

Posted

Get your shining water bottles and start collecting tears.

Posted

It not like it has already being said that ranger are gonna get nerf in korea next in the line right?Righhhhhht?

Posted

It not like it has already being said that ranger are gonna get nerf in korea next in the line right?Righhhhhht?

That would require thoughtfulness, and an actual desire for knowledge.

You wont find these things in this forum unfortunately