• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Rangers need Nerfed badly

108 posts in this topic

Posted

My bow anymore is just for the stat bonuses I guess because I ONLY use my sword. I have no issues in PvP or PvE.  Never used shotgun, don't even know what it is and I got along just fine.

If they do nerf the Ranger, I'm hoping it's just on the bow side, otherwise the awakening would be destroyed ans not worth playing anymore.

There's a skill, which basically screams at you to use shotgun while you are in your awakening. This class compared to other awakenings is supposed to be more versatile. The simple fact is that ranger's awakening and non awakening are way too strong compared to the other classes, which you actually felt the lack of damage on the rest of the classes.

Even before awakening, Rangers were kings/Queens of pvp.  Ofcourse, rangers lacked CC, but now that they have a grapple their damage is just boosted through the roof, whether its a shotgun spam kill or an awakening skill kill. 

Posted

Make sure you've thoroughly played the class you're asking to be nerfed please, otherwise it's just another uneducated opinion; Worthless.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont see a reason to nerf them. 
The point most think they are overpowered is getting destroyed from 220+ AP full boss rangers. 

I have 170 AP with Tri liverto, No Boss Parts and 250 DP 
I get pretty much wrecked all the time. 1 Shot by warriors or Sorcs while i dont even do dmg.

Just because you got butthurt from top geared rangers mens nothing..

THIS ^^^^^

Posted

You shouldnt have both saftey and massive dmg.

Warriors and sorcs.

/Thread

cant "gitgud" against a class that can literally kill you in 2 abilities without 100% and no chance to react.

Warrior 100%, 1 ability instead of 2.

Posted

Very brave for making a thread like this when rangers make up a large portion of the population. I'm going to go ahead and tell you to just give up now, some classes were never meant to be balanced.

Posted

From what I see here in this thread:

DP is broken, nerf ranger.

I got killed by a ranger with 220ap, nerf ranger

I got caught by a ranger instead of me catching the ranger, nerf ranger

Ranger got their awakening weapon, nerf ranger

My awakening weapon hasn't come out yet, nerf ranger

My gear isn't good enough, nerf ranger

I don't know what abilities on ranger are actually good for damage, nerf ranger

I don't have any evidence but devs say they're going to nerf ranger, inb4 I still get killed by a ranger cause I don't know how to play, nerf ranger

Have I missed anything?

2 people like this

Posted

im only moderately geared and i almost beat an awakened ranger at sausans. the only problem was since they flagged on me, all they had to do was run away until their flag reset so i couldn't hit them anymore. and then they engaged on me again when i THOUGHT i chased them away.

Posted

Guys chill. It's been confirmed that they're getting one soon.

Posted

Yes, ranger damage is stupidly overpowered and the developers, Pearl Abyss, have acknowledged it. They're currently in the process of rebalancing rangers and sorceress, so all that's left is for us to wait.

Posted

Not only rangers 

But warrior are allmost imposible to cc Unlike other classes 

His one SHOT skill is ridiculous 

Posted

Lets just put it this way...with my kinda bad dp (245) i can go 1v5/6 without dying. Then a ranger shows up presses 2 buttons shits on my shield and 70% of my hp with the first one and finishes me with the second...hmmm seems pretty balanced guys, ranger is fine...

Posted

Lets just put it this way...with my kinda bad dp (245) i can go 1v5/6 without dying. Then a ranger shows up presses 2 buttons shits on my shield and 70% of my hp with the first one and finishes me with the second...hmmm seems pretty balanced guys, ranger is fine...

stop hiding behind your shield and learn how to play then lol.

Posted

Ranger is the most powerful class right now, as they were before awakening.  It's true they may not be when the rest of the awakenings come out, but that fact is still true.  They have had a long reign as kings of easy street.

Posted

I'm a Warrior and out of all the classes that have awakenings, I would rather fight a Ranger. I can only speak about my experience fighting a ranger as a warrior. Most of the rangers starts the fight on their bow. Use piercing spear/deep thrust > switch> chase>solar flare> overwhelm > gravedigging > grab> reckless blow/slashing the dead = dead ranger. Rangers are probably the squishiest class. If you are a Warrior and want to beat a ranger, force them to use their bow since they are so easy to cc on it.

Posted (edited)

Personally ranger's are Ok, warriors on the other hand, blocking 24/7, and when they're not, they will spam Super armor/guard skills, then go to perma block stance again, you don't even damage them by CC, but thru their super armor, ranger's at least can be cc'd if they mess up....ALso if they go bakc to bow, it's the easier moment to cc them.

Edited by SinisterSaints

Posted

Ranger is sexy, she can kill me anytime

Posted

The problem is not that they are broken now the problem is that thy were too broken before. They could grind faster and get more dps on any boss since the launch of the game. Most people who only play ranger have a gear and level lead since the class had been busted in PVE since launch. Since desync has been a problem before and is now, all rangers need to do is spam damage and mobility spells and everything you use on them will be "invalid".  The damage feels overall too high in pvp, plus the fact they had a lead in PVE. It just leads to even me and my block, 240dp duo kite shield getting broken and then brought to half hp without them even switching to awakened form. It's strong but mostly because of the lead they got.

Posted

Edit: For all of those saying I keep getting rofl stomped by rangers (because you are a ranger yourself) Why dont you try playing another class and going against a ranger of equal gear and see how that goes :o Its easy to say your class is balanced when you are playing it and go against other classes and sometimes you lose but more often than not you will win. 

Chill... Everyone knows how broken awakened ranger is... Most of us were bringing it up before even ranger awakening patch hit our version...

Hence noone is listening to those noobs anyway... :D

Posted (edited)

Personally ranger's are Ok, warriors on the other hand, blocking 24/7, and when they're not, they will spam Super armor/guard skills, then go to perma block stance again, you don't even damage them by CC, but thru their super armor, ranger's at least can be cc'd if they mess up....ALso if they go bakc to bow, it's the easier moment to cc them.

rangers don't need to cc, they have range(yet they got a grapple). And warriors super armor abilities have a 12 second cool down. You act like the shield works against rangers, you don't get distance on them while your  cool downs are up you just get deleted, blocks or not. Only reason rangers are not broken beyond belief is because their non-awakened abilities build black rage quickly, so if our can survive them you can turn the fight.

Edited by Zymbobwye

Posted (edited)

I have 299DP (Warrior). 205 AP ranger is only class that can grab me and delete with 2 skills form full HP to zero. But yet you still believe that your class is balanced. 

Edited by Chors
3 people like this

Posted

Their awakening gives them too much saftey for the dmg that they do. You shouldnt have both saftey and massive dmg. Something has to give either take away the super armor ont he moving attacks or nerf the dmg. Hell even my guildmates that are Rangers are saying that the damage is stupidly high and needs a nerf. Something seriously needs to be done to lower their effective power because right now rangers are making the game less and less fun each day.  

Heck lets look at the damange that they have at lvl 58 with their awakenings shall we?

Cold Blade does 662% x a max of 10 hits 

wailing wind does 921% x6 hits

Elven Rage does 964% x6 hits

Breezy blade does 1335% x3 hits

Waltz of Wind does 964 x Max of 6 hits

Natures Tremble 954% max 8 hits 

thats just the skills not even the flows 

then all of their abilities short of cold blade max out at above 1k% around level 60 with a few outstanding at 61 and one at 62

then there is super armor or a frontal guard on at least half of the abilities. Plus I frames on certain skills that do end up doing dmg 

Edit: For all of those saying I keep getting rofl stomped by rangers (because you are a ranger yourself) Why dont you try playing another class and going against a ranger of equal gear and see how that goes :o Its easy to say your class is balanced when you are playing it and go against other classes and sometimes you lose but more often than not you will win. 

Everything is fine with rangers. Get more Dp and evasion and ignore resist. 

Posted

I love idiots who have their awakening and then say "git gud". It makes so much sense that someone with 30 less ap than me should be doing more damage because they have their awakening. How about Kakao stops being greedy and just releases them all to have an equal playing field. Even though I have 224 AP, can I do any of those dungeons since my plum doesn't have super armor or the dmg it would have during awakening? It's extremely hard. But Kakao thinks it's fair that some classes get a 3 month start on this. ¬¬

Posted

Everything is fine with rangers. Get more Dp and evasion and ignore resist. 

you realize that if the ranger has 220 ap no amount of DP will actually help right? Dp doesnt scale like AP does. Evasion only helps so much and ignore resist wont help with desync. 

Posted

From what I see here in this thread:

DP is broken, nerf ranger.

I got killed by a ranger with 220ap, nerf ranger

I got caught by a ranger instead of me catching the ranger, nerf ranger

Ranger got their awakening weapon, nerf ranger

My awakening weapon hasn't come out yet, nerf ranger

My gear isn't good enough, nerf ranger

I don't know what abilities on ranger are actually good for damage, nerf ranger

I don't have any evidence but devs say they're going to nerf ranger, inb4 I still get killed by a ranger cause I don't know how to play, nerf ranger

Have I missed anything?

Yes- the sporadic "I play ranger and you're wrong" posts

Posted

Ranger is on a new level of broken and should be removed from the game.