• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Actions against 'Shovel Exploiters'

415 posts in this topic

Posted

While we know you guys would love to see a wall of shame or exact numbers, this is unfortunately not something we'll post or discuss.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
GM Dew

So what you're saying is nobody really got the ban hammer, because in Korea they have no issue listing those who got banned as proof that they actually banned people.. Meanwhile on Orwen not a single player is missing. Care to prove us wrong?

Posted

Very nice Kakao.Haven't seen the community this positive since release, or ... ever maybe.

Posted

Get back to grinding!

sorry sir - will go back to grinding sir !

Posted

So far i know 5 guys that gor perma banned for these on jordine server ...so it happen

Posted (edited)

This doesn't make any sense.If you don't trust them saying that they did indeed ban people, why would you trust the number they give you?
Y'all like fallacy so, I could see the setup for slippery slope to name and shame.

Nah.

They did their job. Go back to playing the game for those of us who can't while we are at work so we can come home and buy your work from the market place.
Thanks. 

@War : this is not because you do not understand something that it does not make any sense... lol

i dont see any respect in your message, and dont tell anyone what he has to do, make your life as you want and leave the others

As far as i know very few people got banned, on criteria we don't know, for a duration we don't know.

@CM, this is not very very transparent, i really want to believe something has been done, but my mind asks more elements and proofs.

Edited by Marioun

Posted

@War : this is not because you do not understand something that it does not make any sense... lol

i dont see any respect in your message, and dont tell anyone what he has to do, make your life as you want and leave the others

Agreed.
Respect is earned, in my book. I have a baseline of respect I give to people. Anything else is up for grabs, though.
What you define as respect, I may not.

Subjectivity is a thing.

Posted

The bans have already happened. If you suspect that someone used the exploit and still isn't banned, please report them here so we can investigate.

We banned their main accounts.

Best regards,
GM Dew

All right stop,

Collaborate and listen

War is back with a brand new submission

Oh wait its the same shit as always. Only his opinion matters, nothing to see here move along.

Posted

Out of likes.

I find the entire name & shame ideology 100% disgusting, revolting human behavior.
It enrages me to even think about it.

To be honest? I don't even know why it does but it does.

I could probably pull some reasons as to why it pisses me off out of whatever but. -----

Just thinking about it makes me sick.

The difference is that giving out a list of banned players only shows a list of alliases/ingame nicks.

Naming and shaming a made up persona isnt such a  severe punishment concidering how easy it is to just make a new persona.

Regarding naming&shaming in general it has its good and bad sides. The kind of ppl that rolls with noone-saw-me-take-it-so-it-was-ok-to-do-so needs to be handled in some way. Name&shame is an old, tried and easy way to do it.

This is more fake than my girlfriend. They just tell you that what you want to hear. Where is the proof.

ftfy ;)

Posted

RNG is RNG. Reported for overuse of colours.

no rules against using colours mate ;) 
you can skip my post if you dislike them, and stop abusing the report system for your own agenda -.-

as for the shards today it seems to be back to normal averagely 1 per 100 energy i used :)

Posted

pwned!

Posted

Look at it this way.  People paid for this game, the game makes no revenue from those people afterwards (mostly).

Ban those fuktards, and maybe 10-20% repurchase the game to continue playing.

It's a win win for Daum/BDO to permanently ban people.  Real life economics at work here, kids....

Posted

daum store not working

Posted

The bans have already happened. If you suspect that someone used the exploit and still isn't banned, please report them here so we can investigate.

We banned their main accounts.

Best regards,
GM Dew

how would people not have been detected if you actually made a decent script to run through the logs? and if you didn't how would you detect the VAST majority of the cheaters who wouldn't have been cought with their hands in the cookies ??

Posted

Logs?  the database back-end is SQL; it's all queries.  What is this log you speak of?  They have the statistics on their side, they know the drop rates and the average time needed to level gathering. 

If one person did the exploit and kept it a secret, they probably wouldn't of noticed.  But the word of mouth travels faster than Clinton's email,  and the gathering exponentially grew.   

Posted

The difference is that giving out a list of banned players only shows a list of alliases/ingame nicks.

Naming and shaming a made up persona isnt such a  severe punishment concidering how easy it is to just make a new persona.

This is your opinion. My reasoning behind being against the ideology at all is because it's negative in every aspect, which is my opinion, of course.
I don't find it cool, that people want to shame others.
Disgusts me, really.
I am not sure I can elaborate on why it disgusts me but it does.
Probably because I'm expecting more from fellow people as what I'd consider "Civilized, intelligent" beings.
I don't like to make fun of people regardless of if they "Deserve" it or not. Suppose it's more personal, if anything.

Regarding naming&shaming in general it has its good and bad sides. The kind of ppl that rolls with noone-saw-me-take-it-so-it-was-ok-to-do-so needs to be handled in some way. Name&shame is an old, tried and easy way to do it.

I mean, they've been and are being handled by the people with the authority to handle it.
Why isn't that enough? As a legitimate question, I'm curious.

None of us players have the right to say who did what, because none of us have the data that Kakao do.
They are the only ones with the authority to ban players.

Logs?  the database back-end is SQL; it's all queries.  What is this log you speak of?  They have the statistics on their side, they know the drop rates and the average time needed to level gathering. 

If one person did the exploit and kept it a secret, they probably wouldn't of noticed.  But the word of mouth travels faster than Clinton's email,  and the gathering exponentially grew.   

Back-end SQL also uses flag trip systems, for example, to generate and store logs based on events and occurrences.
I am not sure of this next part but, in many cases there are transaction(not talking sql lingo), but legitimate transaction logs between players for some games.
Idk if this game does the same on their backend.
More than likely, though, this would be information PA would work on, as that's more devops shit.

Tbh, although I don't know,
Not sure if Kakao has a devops / devop employee that can run queries across the game db like that per each region.

PS. Not all games use SQL ;)

Posted

Sorry for intruding 

just want to clarify some statements

So basically you want to say that i don't have a right to ask for tehcnical support ? LOL I HAVEN'T PAID FOR IT.

It is mandatory they provide you technical support, but not details of a third person involved (they have their own rights were you don't have rights :) )

Yeah i m player consumer, and btw consumers have a right to know about the product they consume and state of it. 

You are absolutely right here, oh but wait, you mean the product right? not other people status, what you paid is only for a service under a digital version that needs to work properly, in this case the fix of the issue, any economy or experience inside the game is not the company responsibility to give you additional information of whom perform this actions. pay a visit to EULA being informed is always good

I apologize for any harmful comment

Posted

Back-end SQL also uses flag trip systems, for example, to generate and store logs based on events and occurrences.I am not sure of this next part but, in many cases there are transaction(not talking sql lingo), but legitimate transaction logs between players for some games.

Oh god, don't use triggers like that! You'll hold up every transaction. Replicate or export the data and mine for patterns after the fact. Read it inline if you're WEBSCALE* I suppose.

* http://www.mongodb-is-web-scale.com/

Posted (edited)

Oh god, don't use triggers like that! You'll hold up every transaction. Replicate or export the data and mine for patterns after the fact. Read it inline if you're WEBSCALE* I suppose.

* http://www.mongodb-is-web-scale.com/

I love mongodb, but that's not sql, which is why I made my PS ;)

You're right, though

Edited by War

Posted

I'm more of a network kinda guy.  I've had training in oracle SQL, but mainly backups, maintenance, etc.   I assumed they were using SQL because I seen post not to long ago Daum was looking for back-end developers with experience with SQL; but that could of been for the website as-well.

Posted

I love mongodb, but that's not sql, which is why I made my PS ;)

You're right, though

Hah! I'm not really picking on them. I used Solr and am moving to ElasticSearch for NoSQL stuff myself. Still a fan of good old-fashioned relational though.

Posted

I'm more of a network kinda guy.  I've had training in oracle SQL, but mainly backups, maintenance, etc.   I assumed they were using SQL because I seen post not to long ago Daum was looking for back-end developers with experience with SQL; but that could of been for the website as-well.

Same. You a cisco acad kiddie too :D? ♥
(I sortof dabble in many fields, but the core of my career is networking.)

And they probably are using SQL. Most do. I just wanted to be a poop haha.

Hah! I'm not really picking on them. I used Solr and am moving to ElasticSearch for NoSQL stuff myself. Still a fan of good old-fashioned relational though.

I'm really getting on with mongo recently, as I'm using it for a big discord-bdo project I've been working on for a while now.
MEAN is really fun. For the past... 5 weeks? I've been writing probably like 99% javascript lol.

Posted

Same. You a cisco acad kiddie too :D? ♥(I sortof dabble in many fields, but the core of my career is networking.)

And they probably are using SQL. Most do. I just wanted to be a poop haha.

haha,  I have a netacad account for sure. But most of my training is through the Air Force = a crap ton of certs that don't mean d!ck. :)

Posted (edited)

In!!!

YOU CAN'T DIG YOURSELF OUT OF THIS ONE LOSERS!!!

But you pay your way out of it! While you're at it, can I convince you to purchase some of this fresh canned air from the planet Spaceball?! I absolutely assure you, it is free of the pollution that is present in the very industrialized areas that we can the air from! Sure, you can say, "But President Spaceball, I am breathing the same air absolutely free!" to Which any true spaceball would reply, "This person is a whinger! Who has an issue buying the same air that others breathe for free?! Not a true spaceball!" -sniffffffff- ahhh...

SpaceballsAir.jpg

Edited by President Spaceball
Ogrefest

Posted

haha,  I have a netacad account for sure. But most of my training is through the Air Force = a crap ton of certs that don't mean d!ck. :)

Fresh out of likes lmao.
I'm just a college brat/corp/enterprise experienced... brat. No epic service like you D:
Thank you, though.
Mad respects.

But yeah! Networking...!
Lots are saying that our field is dying with time but.
I don't want to believe one second of it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Fresh out of likes lmao.I'm just a college brat/corp/enterprise experienced... brat. No epic service like you D:
Thank you, though.
Mad respects.

But yeah! Networking...!
Lots are saying that our field is dying with time but.
I don't want to believe one second of it.

Thank you!

Dying?   Hard to say.  I can tell you it's saturated for sure. Everything is going software based and programming seems to be the future. I'm an oldschool MCSE under NT4.0 then upgraded to Active Directory in 2000, hate to put an age out but my comptia certs are so old they don't expire...lol  people still take those exams???

It's definitely easier now to manage a network now than years past. Everything is point/click and plug-n-play with the answer just a search away. I can't even tell you when the last time I opened a book to research an issue. Chances are someone else had the issue before you and posted the fix.  

I'm ashamed to say that my degrees are in network security, but so much has changed that the knowledge learned is well outdated by now.  It's truly a reactively panic and fix situation these days. You can only go so far for proactive security.

/off rant   :)

On a side note, better pickup those IOS15 Cisco routers and switches while they're cheap. Even Cisco is headed towards software based routing... It's all about that subscription model...