• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Huge tamer grab issue (We need to make sure this gets fixed soon)

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So basically there is a bug with current tamer grab that makes you randomly miss your combos.

The bug is essentially this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX4CMXr_Fq4

It has nothing to do with desync (the target isn't moving at all and it still happens).

What happens if you try to combo off a grab (here i took the example of echo since it's a skill you will usually want to use within your grab combo) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWoQJ7wmJvk

The worst part about this is it seems to be rng, usually your target will slide (a bit or a lot) to the left, sometimes not at all, or sometimes (but rarely) even slide to the right !

This is a major issue which destroys our ability to combo after a grab, it needs to get fixed and for that we need to get heard by the community.

Remember how the recent Maehwa major issue got fixed within a week because a lot of people talked about it ? We can do the same if we really try.

Edit : Also posted about it in the bug section there : http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/118057-tamer-grab-bug/

Edited by Romanx
15 people like this

Posted

take your evidence and submit it to the bug report section of the forum

Posted

take your evidence and submit it to the bug report section of the forum

It won't be enough tho, we have been asking for a fix on the pet issue with water for months and nothing has been done so far.

4 people like this

Posted

We need a fix soon that horrible !!!!

Posted

oh I had the same problem yesterday, I thought it was just desync i guess its not.

Posted

yea can confirm, it can happen but not always happens for me

Posted (edited)

I didnt notice it so far but will look out for it now

EDIT: guess what...after fighting a ranger it happened to me too a lot and not only with grab but also with floating from garuda.

Can someone link any GM/CM to this Thread? I still havent figured out how to send them a notification

Edited by Death_Grips

Posted

Oh yeah i have the same problem i also tought it was a desync issue or that the player got lucky smashing keys to get up faster. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah honestly Tamer is Kakao's least important class and its pretty clear. I remember not thinking tamer was in the game for the launch because it took them until the plum/blader release to add tamer to the game section on the website because they straight up just forgot about our class. 

Tamer also average af awakening while the same few awakenings sit on top forever now. I'm aware they buffed the summons in KR the other day but damage buffs or buffs to our defense would be nice as well. Give us our time in the spotlight *-* fix the bugs and do with us what you did with giants lol. 

Make us more useful in sieges. There's classes that do everything better then we can do by default if they are good. For instance bladers/plums scouting, sorcs ganking, giants/valks/warriors frontline. Ninja/Kuno/Tamer kinda floaters that siege guilds are like "yeah sure we'll take them" when they would much rather have witches/wizards/giants/warriors/sorcs and valk when they get their awakening. 

Also the tamer grab is garbage. It has a super small hit box and with the desync and bug you can literally be ontop of a stunned enemy and miss your grab.... Which sucks because your grab is a super important part of your combo. Its bad in arenas but missing grabs when they should land is a million times worse in sieges. And now that they teleport away from you afterward.... like wtf. 

Edited by Asami

Posted

Yeah honestly Tamer is Kakao's least important class and its pretty clear. I remember not thinking tamer was in the game for the launch because it took them until the plum/blader release to add tamer to the game section on the website because they straight up just forgot about our class. 

Tamer also average af awakening while the same few awakenings sit on top forever now. I'm aware they buffed the summons in KR the other day but damage buffs or buffs to our defense would be nice as well. Give us our time in the spotlight *-* fix the bugs and do with us what you did with giants lol. 

Make us more useful in sieges. There's classes that do everything better then we can do by default if they are good. For instance bladers/plums scouting, sorcs ganking, giants/valks/warriors frontline. Ninja/Kuno/Tamer kinda floaters that siege guilds are like "yeah sure we'll take them" when they would much rather have witches/wizards/giants/warriors/sorcs and valk when they get their awakening. 

Also the tamer grab is garbage. It has a super small hit box and with the desync and bug you can literally be ontop of a stunned enemy and miss your grab.... Which sucks because your grab is a super important part of your combo. Its bad in arenas but missing grabs when they should land is a million times worse in sieges. And now that they teleport away from you afterward.... like wtf. 

The thing is grab desync is bad for any class that has a grab and it can't be fixed (that's just how the server network works). But this landing bug happens for tamers only, that's why it needs to be fixed more than anything else.

Posted

O so this is a bug. Is this similar to the one bug where warriors continue blocking after being grabbed and on the floort? 

Posted

Its server desync. Happens with everything

Posted (edited)

Its server desync. Happens with everything

How can this be server desync ? The target isn't moving, it's the grab itself that knocks out far in a random direction, and even on the target's screen. The issue there is not that we see the target slide/tp to the side a few secs later, it's that the grab is supposed to knock the target right in front of you (like ranger grab), not to the side in a random direction.

I know it looks like it but it's not desync at all.

O so this is a bug. Is this similar to the one bug where warriors continue blocking after being grabbed and on the floort? 

This in the other hand is most likely due to desync. It usually happens when you grab a bit too late (after a knockdown for instance), and on its screen the warrior is already back up blocking so it desyncs out.

Edited by Romanx

Posted

I also experience this bug from time to time. It'd be nice if the developers could address it because Soaring Kick is one of our most important skills.

Posted

Tamer isnt in a bad spot. Damage is good (ok Heilang Dance and Garuda damage is underwhelming but both skills got buffs in KR lately). The problem is that Warrior,Ranger and to a lesser extent Sorc are to strong. I expect a nerf for this classes in the next months (Warrior nerf round started last week, Ranger nerf confirmed). The class balance is in a good spot if all classes are on Tamer power level. Not to much damge and nice well rounded skill selection. I feel that we are the best example how this awakening concept is intended.

Posted

Appreciate the tag, I will speak with our team to schedule a session with our bug squashing folks and see if we can't reproduce the described issue. The video and additional information provided here will be invaluable, excellent job including it!

Once I have more information I'll get back to you guys.

11 people like this

Posted

Appreciate the tag, I will speak with our team to schedule a session with our bug squashing folks and see if we can't reproduce the described issue. The video and additional information provided here will be invaluable, excellent job including it!

if this gets sorted out before ninja/kuno damage issues, we'll all know how little you care about them. i've been starting a record of what gets fixed before it, after the other class issues have been "acknowledged" by you cm's and the dev teams

Posted (edited)

if this gets sorted out before ninja/kuno damage issues, we'll all know how little you care about them. i've been starting a record of what gets fixed before it, after the other class issues have been "acknowledged" by you cm's and the dev teams

Ever thought about that Ninja/Kuno is already balanced and this issue is far more important and gamebreaking? Stop complaining please multiple GMs/CMs have given a statement regarding the tooltip errors for Ninja/Kuno and that it will be forwarded to the Developers. There is not much else they can do you know.

And most importantly stop bringing this up in an unrelated thread. There is a big thread in Ninja forums just go there.

Edited by Death_Grips

Posted

if thats the case then why won't they tell us that? and if the gm's think i should post somewhere else, they can move my post to the ninja forum

Posted

That magic desync after grab is called Resistance. I got myself 70% grab resistance just to ----- your class up :oD

Posted

That magic desync after grab is called Resistance. I got myself 70% grab resistance just to ----- your class up :oD

If you resist a tamer grab it just doesn't hit, the issue we are talking about here happens when we succeed a grab (so when it isn't resisted). For instance this issue happens against targets with base 20% grab resist while the tamer has 30% ignore resist, so it has nothing to do with resistance.

Posted

BUMP OF JUSTICE

Posted

Maybe it got a stealth fix like our ultimate got a stealth nerf.

Posted

Maybe it got a stealth fix like our ultimate got a stealth nerf.

I tested it after the update last week, so unless it was fixed today it's still a thing.

Would be surprised to see it fixed in EU/NA and not in KR/RU first anyway.