• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Use Red Nose to Build Fail Stacks?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all.

Question/dilemma for the enchanting and fail stacks experts. All of my gear and weapons are duo, so I am faced with the process of getting a lot of $ and shards to force to tri OR trying to get the fail stacks to attempt traditional enchants. My issue is that I can never get more than 15 or so fail stacks before the gear I am working on pops -- even +14 stuff goes to +15. In the end, I just end up burning stones and trying to re-sell the newly enchanted gear on the marketplace.

Here is my question --- would I be better off dumping those stones into my gift box Red Nose armor, with the thought being it will be much less likely to pop once I get to the +13/+14 levels? I know it will be expensive to repair with frags, so maybe I will end up spending just as much as if I bought stones and forced it? I am also open to any other fail stacking tricks anyone may be willing to share :-)

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Posted (edited)

I dont do it myself because I've heard some folks who got to +15 with very few failstacks. Doesn't mean it may not fail more for others...but we don't have evidence to prove rednose fails more than grunil for example. It is assumed that yellow gear fails more, some of us even "feel" from our experiences with other boss gear that it does. I do not know for a fact that is true however. There hasn't been a good study to my knowledge.

But as you say it will cost you to repair. Maybe use some cheap rednose off the market and an artisans for repairs. You can get a repair piece of rednose for 9-11 million. Combine that with artisans memory and its not terribly expensive to repair.

Edited by Luciferia
clarity, typos

Posted (edited)

I failstack on grunil (any piece)

it drops like candy at Sausans, so it's relatively cheap to recover max dura -- insanely cheap in comparison to using memfrags or buying boss armor for repairs

plus you can at least sell it at +15 or PRI to get some of your money back, unlike reblath 

IMO +15 or PRI grunils are going to sell muuuuuuuuch faster than +15 or PRI rednose armor.  

Edited by Anemone

Posted (edited)

Ummm, make an alt and just get negative karma off of a friend and just die to NPCs or tell your friend to kill you. Make sure you equip the armor you want to downgrade or weapon, depends on what you stack on. :) (Also, I wouldn't recommend re-selling the item back when you +15, cause chances are you're being really inefficient with your money. You're more than likely going to spend more money for +15 than you would get by re-selling it, so it would be better to just continue stacking on that said item by downgrading it and building stacks on it again. :D) 

Edited by Yaiko

Posted (edited)

(Also, I wouldn't recommend re-selling the item back when you +15, cause chances are you're being really inefficient with your money. You're more than likely going to spend more money for +15 than you would get by re-selling it) 

I would say this largely depends on what you stack on.  you will definitely lose more if you sell at +15 versus PRI though.

de-leveling is time consuming and inefficient, the best way to build stacks is enchanting gear that you actually plan to use (on an alt, for instance) -- this way an unintended success (which results in wasting your failstack) will result in that silver actually going to something you will use, instead of disappearing into thin air (like when stacking on reblath or a +14 piece you will never use)

Edited by Anemone

Posted

Stack on Liverto. I had 60 stacks by the time I hit +14 on my bow and I'm at +30 trying to get my longsword to +14. >_<

Posted

Negative karma,  reblath resetting is most cost efficient method currently.  Some believe green gear failstacks better so if you want take reblath to +10 or +15 then the rest with grunil,  heve,  krea,  etc. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Negative karma and downgrade the gear bud, best way to save money and get the most out of stacking. :)

Posted

Thanks all for the input...much appreciated

I must admit the idea of creating an alt and getting negative karma just to downgrade gear for more fail attempts seems a little dirty..and frankly just not fun. My only other option is grinding or digging to get the money/shards to force. It is decision time I suppose.

Posted

Would one be able to equip +15 head, torso, feet, hands and get a downgrade on each item when dieing with said gear on a negative karma alt?

Would be nice to know!

Posted

Would one be able to equip +15 head, torso, feet, hands and get a downgrade on each item when dieing with said gear on a negative karma alt?

Would be nice to know!

i am using only boots and gloves... last time i was deleveling them i got boots down to 7 from 15, till gloves dropped to 14... :D its same rng as everything else...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0