• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Punished For Keybinds

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by xLightning

Posted

Didn't know about that so I just tried it on RU server with lvl 19 ranger.

Skill Reaper's Flurry 1
pressing Q : -32 MP
pressing 3 : -45 MP

Skill "Ceaseless Wind Blade 1"
pressing E : -57 MP
pressing 4 : -60 MP

Odd that the difference in Reaper's Flurry is so much greater than Wind blade.

Posted

^True that and also...
This game (and I have spend already around 500 hours on this game) is not like any other old-style, crappy MMORPG when you just stay and press keybinds from 1-9. You have ONLY! 9 keybinds - 2 or up to 4 keys for potions. And every class have around, minimum ~3-4 skills which MUST be placed on hotbar. Also, Beast skills (as a Tamer) also must be placed on a hotbar. So As Tamer you have minimum 7 hotbars already taken (=

You guys at like im talking about keybinding all your skills to the bar. Honestly the 5 increase in mana isn't that bad. Its all preference.

Posted (edited)

That's all funny xD
Cause game anti-cheat engine doesn't even ALLOW to use MOUSE Button 4 and 5(the side buttons).

I tried to get this info recently in this thread: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11768-mouse-buttons-4-and-5/

But from people replies there, it seems to be possible. I know I am unable to use those on RU server with gameguard but Xign seems to have no problems with remapping buttons to keys. And someone even replied that in CBT1 it was possible to use mouse 4 & 5 directly in game key settings.

Odd that the difference in Reaper's Flurry is so much greater than Wind blade.

I made error there... the difference there is also small 2 or 3 MP.

Edited by bzgzd

Posted (edited)

. i ithink i've read that 2 in the beta.

What'd you do with the time you saved by typing "2" instead of "too"?

Edited by Sidhe
1 person likes this

Posted

It's a action game you should get penalized for being lazy. Git gud 

Posted (edited)

What'd you do with the time you saved by typing "2" instead of "too"?

enjoy my happy life. thanks for ruining it.

Edited by Frosti

Posted

enjoy my happy life. thanks for ruining it.

correction: enjoy my happy life. thanks 4 ruining it.

1 person likes this

Posted

correction: enjoy my happy life. thanks 4 ruining it.

n1 m8 i r8 8/8

1 person likes this

Posted

The system also penalizes people with physical handicaps, carpel tunnel, and repetitive stress injuries. 

5 people like this

Posted

The combo buttons actually feel way easier to press than the hotbar. Still can't figure out how people can press anything above 6 and still move around properly. BDO's setup feels almost natural at this point since I've always keybinded skills to things like Shift+E, Ctrl+Q, etc.

Posted

Also a large number of skills cannot be placed on the bar as well as cannot be chained properly when used off of the skill bar.  Good luck!

Posted

I feel it's worth mentioning that some skills have to be placed on a hotkey so you'll be using them for more than potion spamming. Not many go there but still. 

Posted

What an unbelievably stupid idea! Who the *%^$ came up with this idiot idea?

This is bad news for me. I'm disabled (I can't use the keyboard very well). Well that's another black mark against Black Desert >:(

Posted

Is it true that skills do less damage and cost more mana when placed on the action bar? Will this be the case for NA?

Well some skills can be used in different combinations if used from the hotbar instead of pressing it's own key. SO maybe that's why it cost more, since you can't normally use that skill in that combo unless used from the hotbar. 

Not sure if this is for every class but there hidden little things like this. *Shrug* 

Posted

What an unbelievably stupid idea! Who the *%^$ came up with this idiot idea?

This is bad news for me. I'm disabled (I can't use the keyboard very well). Well that's another black mark against Black Desert >:(

It's really not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, its not an 'unbelievably stupid idea' - its encouraging combo use, which the game does very well and very fluid.

Ive played a bit of the RU version and I found myself only using the hotkeys as a mouse-over to remind me what stuff did. The controls are very intuitive when it comes to chaining. Hell you can pretty much get away with just facerolling the keyboard and madly clicking away, at least for a lot of the lower level grinding I was doing ;)

Edited by Mavor

Posted

Seriously, its not an 'unbelievably stupid idea' - its encouraging combo use, which the game does very well and very fluid.

Ive played a bit of the RU version and I found myself only using the hotkeys as a mouse-over to remind me what stuff did. The controls are very intuitive when it comes to chaining. Hell you can pretty much get away with just facerolling the keyboard, at least for a lot of the lower level grinding I was doing ;)

I don't want to insult you Mavor, but clearly you are not disabled. I'm quite sure you're right and the combo's are very well done and fluid to use for people who aren't disabled!

Anybody who has trouble using their hands (or just somebody who doesn't have much dexterity) is going to find this game a nightmare to play. I can see a lot of us ending up in tears of frustration and pain.

I'm still waiting for official news about the use of macro's. But it's looking more and more as if I'm not going to be able to play Black Desert at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

ppl should get banned for every kind of macro/ script/ what ever ...

Forgot where I read it but some where official stated that no macros or scripts of any kind can be used with Black Desert Online.  If I find it (looking) then I will post it here.

Posted

thats thrue and i am so glade about it

Posted

I don't want to insult you Mavor, but clearly you are not disabled. I'm quite sure you're right and the combo's are very well done and fluid to use for people who aren't disabled!

Anybody who has trouble using their hands (or just somebody who doesn't have much dexterity) is going to find this game a nightmare to play. I can see a lot of us ending up in tears of frustration and pain.

I'm still waiting for official news about the use of macro's. But it's looking more and more as if I'm not going to be able to play Black Desert at all.

Im also disabled with limited use of my left hand and no use of my right hand so this is very worrying.

CBT2 i will need to see if im actually able to play the game

1 person likes this

Posted

So many things I need to learn so fast :o

Posted

Won't matter, my Macro's are going to take care of everything.

1455026496044.jpg

Posted

Ok, this honestly sucks. Doesn't matter if it's a "small" penalty, that penalty should be removed because it's unfair. While it's a ""cool idea"" and ""interesting"" or whatever, the penalty should be removed. What's so bad about some players being lazy? This is a video game. Make it fair for all players, not just the healthy able-bodied players. 

Posted

Ok, this honestly sucks. Doesn't matter if it's a "small" penalty, that penalty should be removed because it's unfair. While it's a ""cool idea"" and ""interesting"" or whatever, the penalty should be removed. What's so bad about some players being lazy? This is a video game. Make it fair for all players, not just the healthy able-bodied players. 

Because some people puts some effort learning their classes and combo, while others smash their face with the keyboard and hit key 1-9 and rek the opponent. Not really, but you get the point i hope.

Its like playing Ryze in LoL, smash few keys and you expect to be as strong as others who learns their class the normal way? I use literally zer0 skills on my hotbar... its really not hard at all.

No wonder why we get so many dumbed down games in the past 5-7 years.

Git normal

1 person likes this