• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The dye system sucks ass and is rigged

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Nothing new really, I just came back to this game after several months and forgot about it.

Not only is it RNG, but its not ACTUALLY random; Darker shades are like 10x rarer than all the stupid blinding SNOW and SUNSHINE colors.

Let's not even mention black, which is for some reason rare as -----. 

There aren't even many colors on the marketplace, meaning the RNG is too shitty for whales to even try profiting.

it's cheaper to get the clothes you want in real life.  How -----ed up is that.

You know I'd pay like $50 for a permanent Merv's palette.  ----- it, $100.  I'd pay One Hundred of my EURODINEROS to look fabulous.

Christ the gear is already an RNG nightmare, why did you have to taint cosmetics with it too.  Assholes.

Posted

ya the dye system sucks, but mervs was a big improvement to the situation. it's ez to sustain mervs for little to no irl money 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ya the dye system sucks, but mervs was a big improvement to the situation. it's ez to sustain mervs for little to no irl money 

its still shit because once you stop pay / arent able to buy pack on the parket, you are fked and all your dyes are gone.

Not also saying, you use the mervs crap, you need to clean all your preview "real" dye which suck just even more..

And even for the very few dye we can by on the market, its still not that often you see them so have to wait for the rare players selling them...

Its not like as player you cant have a "secure" way to have access to somes true dye...

But well... its greed over players. Thoses guys are really fked up

Edited by woots

Posted

Nothing new really, I just came back to this game after several months and forgot about it.

Not only is it RNG, but its not ACTUALLY random; Darker shades are like 10x rarer than all the stupid blinding SNOW and SUNSHINE colors.

Let's not even mention black, which is for some reason rare as -----. 

There aren't even many colors on the marketplace, meaning the RNG is too shitty for whales to even try profiting.

it's cheaper to get the clothes you want in real life.  How -----ed up is that.

You know I'd pay like $50 for a permanent Merv's palette.  ----- it, $100.  I'd pay One Hundred of my EURODINEROS to look fabulous.

Christ the gear is already an RNG nightmare, why did you have to taint cosmetics with it too.  Assholes.

its still shit because once you stop pay / arent able to buy pack on the parket, you are fked and all your dyes are gone.

Not also saying, you use the mervs crap, you need to clean all your preview "real" dye which suck just even more..

But well... its greed over players

Jordan-Belfort-Throws-Out-Money-The-Wolf

1 person likes this

Posted

ya that sucks really bad. having to bleach ur normal dyes sucks really bad. i spent a ----- ton of money on my normal dyes. 

Posted

ya that sucks really bad. having to bleach ur normal dyes sucks really bad. i spent a ----- ton of money on my normal dyes. 

yeah, but imho, they did that on purpose to force you to rebuy / gamble them all once again... if they werent that greedy, without much doubt they would have came up with a handy system.

2 people like this

Posted

yeah, but imho, they did that on purpose to force you to rebuy / gamble them all once again... if they werent that greedy, without much doubt they would have came up with a handy system.

Oh like... Hm... Let's say... Hm.... a dye NPC that sells dye for silver in-game? Even if just the basic ones so they'd still make money from dyes? OH! My bad. THEY ALREADY HAVE THAT IN KR. It's Kakao who's stuck up and greedy in this case since they do not want to implement it in NA/EU -_-. Shame Kakao, shame on you :/.

Posted

Hi there, you must be new.

20160720_en.png

Posted

Hi there, you must be new.

20160720_en.png

out of likes q.q

Posted

you're not really "fked", you just have to apply another merv's palette

I let mine run out to test it, it saves your merv's dyes and they come back when you reapply.  not sure if it will save them if you use a regular dye before restoring merv's tho.

Posted

you're not really "fked", you just have to apply another merv's palette

I let mine run out to test it, it saves your merv's dyes and they come back when you reapply.  not sure if it will save them if you use a regular dye before restoring merv's tho.

So that's what i said, whatever if it save the merv's color when it run out of time. You have the default color back.

And the "conflict" with the "true" dyes is more than a greedy move.

I sure do prefer they milk money with that rather than more p2w item, but still, that system still is a deep crap only because they want milk money a bit too hard.

Posted

But you dont understand just how hard the Sprites work to mine all those color crystals that go into making dyes....poor fellows.

Posted

It's not rigged it's meant for the addicts...don't have the cash leave it alone...and it's working as intended.

Posted

i love it when people complain about cosmetics in games

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

Once again I ask....with no sub and free expansions, how do you think that the company makes money?  I cannot think of one decent game that does not have a sub or a cash shop

I personally consider my valu pack as a greatly rewarded sub.   I don't mind paying because it is voluntary and you can play the game 100% without it, albeit slower or less convenient.  If I don't buy from Kakao, then the company won't be able to run the game.

If you have a better idea, you should tell them about it.   I cannot think of any other way to make money on their product.  They are not a charity for entitled bitter players.

Buy your dyes.  or buy your valu pack.  or play and don't buy but be glad that others ARE paying in the cash shop so you can run the game for nothing.

Posted

You can buy the value pack at any time for irl money. Or you can buy it with ig money, with a little bit patience you'll get one. Those 10 mil ig silver are not much if you look at the fact that if you actually play the game your 30% market place money buff will benefit you those 10mil in less than a few days. And buying those random perma dyes is just nonsene, I guess no one is doing that any more if a brain is existing, since merv's palette was introduced and gives us the best possibilites for dying in general. Cosmetic products in mmo's are and should be always available for irl money, that's the point in not going p2w too much. This game is basically f2p now anyway, 10 euros to gift someone the whole game just to get those amount back in pearls or a pet.