• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hard counter to Valkyrie --- Sorceress

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Be very careful when engaging Sorceress, for they're Valkyrie's hard counter on 1v1. They can shadowstep behind your shield easily, making their attacks unblockable.

Posted

If your opponent is getting behind you regularly you need to start moving. Shield Chase back or really in any direction so you have time to turn and keep them in front of you. Ideally, if you think they're heading behind you, time it right and CC them when they get there. Knocking them down and being right next to them already is perfect for Valk.

Posted

I heard Valks have the ability to turn around, was added in latest patch.

8 people like this

Posted

thank you for the warning, ill keep an eye out.

Posted

top kek

Posted

What's your mouse sensitivity?  Just follow the movements. 

And try to stun as soon as they attempt to backstep behind you.

Posted

doesn't the ex grab take care of that? If anyone is stupid enough to go that close to a valk without some CC?

Posted

Are you freaking kidding me, i have been dueling sorcs all day yesterday, not 1 managed to kill me, you know ever heard of turning around and still blocking?

Posted

sorcs are not a valk's worst enemy by far 

Posted

sorcs are not a valk's worst enemy by far 

What is?

Not been involved in any pvp.

Posted

What is?

Not been involved in any pvp.

none really, it's a very well balanced class, it's neither over powered nor under powered, it has a good balance between being able to CC and movement to take advantage of it, granted if you don't know how to play the class or you lack skill points it can be a tough or even disadvantageous for a Valkyrie, but same goes for any class.

If you want me to name some classes are are more difficult to deal with as a Valkyrie  that would be ranger or wizard IMO, and this is IMO only other people have other classes that they really hate while fighting as w/e class and they're free to disagree with me.

Actually to be more precise with my answer any class that has a high mobility making it hard to CC or ranged ability can be difficult as a Valkyrie.

If you know your class and how to fight against the class your faced with none should be a problem, this being in general terms.

Posted

Wizards aren't bad, if they try to channel anything at you then you can shield dash in and poke them with just counter.  Haven't had much experience with rangers yet, just being destroyed by the ones that made it to level 50.

Sorceress isn't bad, you know they have to get behind you so you can anticipate where they're going to go each time they teleport.

Posted (edited)

Sideswipe attack 2x, then block up

Counter perfect, unlike warrior, valk sideswipe turns her a little, so you will face the sorc while being in iframe.

2016-02-21_105410672.JPG

2016-02-21_107073899.JPG

Edited by LordOnichan

Posted

Sideswipe attack 2x, then block up

Counter perfect, unlike warrior, valk sideswipe turns her a little, so you will face the sorc while being in iframe.

2016-02-21_105410672.JPG

2016-02-21_107073899.JPG

Are you sure sideswipe puts you into immunity?  I've heard a lot of mixed things about that

Posted

Are you sure sideswipe puts you into immunity?  I've heard a lot of mixed things about that

you dont have iframes from right button i tested it on KR just before i posted i had some people help me and while i had fought mobs in NA i would still get hurt when using it. iframes for a valk is not a thing, you may be out of reach from a monsters hit box but you do not have iframes from an AoE attack during the right mouse button

Posted

Definitely no Iframes on sideswipe, I think RMB dodge has short iframes but not sure.

Posted

Definitely no Iframes on sideswipe, I think RMB dodge has short iframes but not sure.

I think means immunity to CCs, which happens on certain skills in certain classes.  Not sure On that one though.

I think means immunity to CCs, which happens on certain skills in certain classes.  Not sure On that one though.

Posted

it's timed evasion. Only .25 secs of immunity. It's character placement that causes them to miss for most of it.

Posted

iframe mostly in mmo's means immunity to all dmg CC's etc it means that you are given a 1-2sec immunity from everything during the animation. which exist in games like Tera other games alike. 

Posted

Sorceress pre awakening is probably one of the easiest classes to wreck with a Valk based on my experience.

Posted

iframe mostly in mmo's means immunity to all dmg CC's etc it means that you are given a 1-2sec immunity from everything during the animation. which exist in games like Tera other games alike. 

I know, and from my experience so far the RMB dodge is a safer and more effective way to escape CC combos than the sideswipe, which is what leads me to believe that it must have a few iframes.  I could be wrong however, as I haven't really tested enough to be sure.

Posted

if valk grabs you , youre dead (if you have a good build)

Posted

none really, it's a very well balanced class, it's neither over powered nor under powered, it has a good balance between being able to CC and movement to take advantage of it, granted if you don't know how to play the class or you lack skill points it can be a tough or even disadvantageous for a Valkyrie, but same goes for any class.

If you want me to name some classes are are more difficult to deal with as a Valkyrie  that would be ranger or wizard IMO, and this is IMO only other people have other classes that they really hate while fighting as w/e class and they're free to disagree with me.

Actually to be more precise with my answer any class that has a high mobility making it hard to CC or ranged ability can be difficult as a Valkyrie.

If you know your class and how to fight against the class your faced with none should be a problem, this being in general terms.

I would have to agree with this. It's possible to engage and defeat a wizard/witch or ranger....just annoying lol. The whole thing about Valkyrie fighting these three classes is playing the waiting game. You have to wait them out, wait for them to leave a sort of opening for you to more or less dive in and go for the CC chain. Valkyrie's shield can hold for a good amount of time before it breaks, and by then, most will pretty much let their guard down, ironically. 

When they do, just go for it.