• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

node wars already dying off?

74 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't see as many guilds fighting anymore for nodes.  Or is just Orwen?

Edited by midgard229
accidental duplicate post

Posted

throwing your body over and over into a base is such excitement. maybe itll be more fun with the increased spawn timer they introduced in kr

/s

9 people like this

Posted

throwing your body over and over into a base is such excitement. maybe itll be more fun with the increased spawn timer they introduced in kr

/s

true enough. I think they are getting proper tournaments with brackets in KR though with group pvp that's not dumb battlefield. I look forward to that, something like blade and souls arena

Posted

Unsurprisingly, players in the west don't really like zerging contests where either you one shot the enemy without resistance, or you can do absolutely nothing to put a dent on the enemy guild players. Tis what it is.

I hope the arenas come with progression based rewards along with a ladder system too and not like the rbf mess

8 people like this

Posted

Unsurprisingly, players in the west don't really like zerging contests where either you one shot the enemy without resistance, or you can do absolutely nothing to put a dent on the enemy guild players. Tis what it is.

I hope the arenas come with progression based rewards along with a ladder system too and not like the rbf mess

wat.

Zerging causes politics between guilds to happen, its great. I wanna play a pvp mmo, not an arena shooter.

Regardless, too many nodes, thats the issue. Too many nodes a day and too many days a week with nodewars. This would work better if they removed all sub Tier 3 nodes, split those up into 3 tiers again and then only focused on those.  Even on jordine many nodes were empty for a long-ass time since the beginning of node wars

1 person likes this

Posted

my take on this subject is simply that there are too many nodes that can be fought for.

every node that can be connected is up for grabs, but not every node really has that high of traffic.

if i were going to make node wars bettet, i would slim down the amount of bodes that can be seized, and limit it to gateways, such that capturing a certain gateway or main node would give you benefits from several surrounding nodes.

for example, instead of south kai ferry, lake kaia, catfishman camp, being captureable.....you would capture Lake Kaia, which would automatically give you the other two or three (i may have missed one)

Example 2 , capturing North Wheat plantation would give you the plantation and a few of the smaller farms immediately around the plantation, instead each one being up for grabs individually

by these means, less nodes available means more waring over the nodes that are available, and they become more valuable, possibly increasing participation to gain them.

i will try to draw up a suggested grouping map to go with the suggestion....and makw a post on the matter in more clear detail.

what do think we could do to nodewars to make them more enjoyable, or more populated?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

You're late by like at least 2 months

With that said there's still fights, you just have to look for them.

Edited by Blackwater
2 people like this

Posted

my take on this subject is simply that there are too many nodes that can be fought for.

every node that can be connected is up for grabs, but not every node really has that high of traffic.

if i were going to make node wars bettet, i would slim down the amount of bodes that can be seized, and limit it to gateways, such that capturing a certain gateway or main node would give you benefits from several surrounding nodes.

for example, instead of south kai ferry, lake kaia, catfishman camp, being captureable.....you would capture Lake Kaia, which would automatically give you the other two or three (i may have missed one)

Example 2 , capturing North Wheat plantation would give you the plantation and a few of the smaller farms immediately around the plantation, instead each one being up for grabs individually

by these means, less nodes available means more waring over the nodes that are available, and they become more valuable, possibly increasing participation to gain them.

i will try to draw up a suggested grouping map to go with the suggestion....and makw a post on the matter in more clear detail.

what do think we could do to nodewars to make them more enjoyable, or more populated?

good points and suggestions. I also think every individual who participated should be compensated. Just the guild being compensated isnt enough incentive. 

Posted

good points and suggestions. I also think every individual who participated should be compensated. Just the guild being compensated isnt enough incentive. 

this is a good point. though an inevitable argument will naturally ensue over "git gud", and then there would probably be following posts over "attendance compensation reward bot enough".....but i should think such arguments generally come avout because those that partake in siege and war want to feel glorified. And they should, as that is one of the entire points for gearing up and being the best.

but i dont think a feasible medium couldnt be found....perhaps a point reward system achievement "you achieved X amount of kills in node war, heres a prize" , from the Achievement Console where we get our rewards for reaching a certain level or killing X amount of monsters....

this would be another good topic to start, and conversate on ideas for the subject....would you care to start one?

Posted

reroll to edan we have node wars

Posted

I'd argue that most of the aspiring competition (smaller guilds) get absorbed into the larger guilds on Orwen. So there are fewer combatants as a whole. Just from what I've seen anyway.

Posted

Last Sunday there were 7 bases placed on a tier 1 on the Edan server. 

Seven

Bases

for

a

tier

one

node

3 people like this

Posted

What are you talking about?  I was just saying how half the higher guilds have been fighting at t2s the last two weeks on Orwen.

I have run into Rage, Aethereal, Stop Resisting, Ascendance multiple times on T2s during the week let alone t3's.

Posted

this is a good point. though an inevitable argument will naturally ensue over "git gud", and then there would probably be following posts over "attendance compensation reward bot enough".....but i should think such arguments generally come avout because those that partake in siege and war want to feel glorified. And they should, as that is one of the entire points for gearing up and being the best.

but i dont think a feasible medium couldnt be found....perhaps a point reward system achievement "you achieved X amount of kills in node war, heres a prize" , from the Achievement Console where we get our rewards for reaching a certain level or killing X amount of monsters....

this would be another good topic to start, and conversate on ideas for the subject....would you care to start one?

may as well start one, only thing is, will pearl listen? We have to hope kakoa listens and passes it to pearl. 

You brjng up good ideas again, there should be rewards, more so than red battle field. Only thing is what of nodes not contested? I guess they can simply not reward anyone for that.

but yeah a topic should be started.

I'd argue that most of the aspiring competition (smaller guilds) get absorbed into the larger guilds on Orwen. So there are fewer combatants as a whole. Just from what I've seen anyway.

thats true actually

What are you talking about?  I was just saying how half the higher guilds have been fighting at t2s the last two weeks on Orwen.

I have run into Rage, Aethereal, Stop Resisting, Ascendance multiple times on T2s during the week let alone t3's.

not saying they dont happen, just not as much and not by as many guilds

Posted

Nothing surprising when that game only is a random rng pve grind show off because of gear.

And class unbalance + broken balance between AP - DP certainly doesnt help either to motivate players to go "pvp".

Posted

This is why we need the merge perhaps! 

Posted

PvP in this game is too gear dependent to be fun. Getting one shot by people who you can't even touch is not very fun.

12 people like this

Posted

Merge servers.

Posted

Node Wars kinda need to be fun to motivate people to show up. This because there's no dangling carrot type reward or progression for the player individually. So you do it for fun and for the guild.

However and sadly, most Node Wars aren't all that fun. To much lag, desync, bodythrowing, terrain abuse, unneeded alliances even on shit nodes, cc'ed for days, construction simulator and PvWalls. Massive retard imbalance issues caused by uneven numbers, bi-weekly awakenings and gear disparity, makes it even less enjoyable. Most classes lacking awakening aren't even showing up any more. 

5 people like this

Posted

A few good points here:

Individual rewards for participation in node wars.

Achievement system for pvp (as long as they're against players in game created environments for pvp. No random pking).

Reduction of number of nodes that can be claimed. (Maybe even have nodes give benefits to your guild. Example: claiming a gateway would mark enemies in view distance of said gateway on your map. Claiming a farm would slowly supply your guild warehouse with potatoes or wheat.)

Structured pvp arenas. 1v1 or 3v3 etc.

Posted

The node wars are a little bit pointless. I mean, yes, you get node, the guild gets silver, and what? Nothing actually changes in the game. When most of the people play safe solo grind most of the time, the open world PvP has no much sense.

A few good points here:

Individual rewards for participation in node wars.

Achievement system for pvp (as long as they're against players in game created environments for pvp. No random pking).

Reduction of number of nodes that can be claimed. (Maybe even have nodes give benefits to your guild. Example: claiming a gateway would mark enemies in view distance of said gateway on your map. Claiming a farm would slowly supply your guild warehouse with potatoes or wheat.)

Structured pvp arenas. 1v1 or 3v3 etc.

Individual rewards sound great, but the idea is people to play together. And your guild leader should give you rewards. But as the PvE and the farming of silver is so easy, there is no pressure for both sides, and when there is no pressure, there is no sense actually.

Nobody cares about the achievements. If I beat you easy in PvP and you have higher achievements, it is like - noob, who give you that stupid achievement. If you beat me easy - you are a stupid nolifer. In a good fight when the forces and skills are equal, it will be a good fight. In all cases, the achievements do not matter.

The reduction of the number of the nodes will make the small guilds smaller.

Instanced PvP in an open world game is like the node wars now - actually they are instanced, and pointless.

Posted

Never participated (Would want to tho) in any but i think for most its just not fun to get oneshotted by awakened warirors etc. like on rbf

Posted

node wars already dying off?

No, entire game dying.

Posted

Maybe the former participants dug their own graves shoveling? :D

That said, maybe it's time to re-evaluate the amount of node wars and the channels they are happening in. Effectively rendering half the channels close to useless for PvE during prime-time so the handful of kids still participating in node wars can bicker over a few nodes with most of the action taking place on the forums anyway is complete overkill. Restrict it to a channel or two till there is more demand for it again... if ever.

Posted

what do you mean already lol.... its been months 

to many nodes ppl just dodge