• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

node wars already dying off?

74 posts in this topic

Posted

The node wars are a little bit pointless. I mean, yes, you get node, the guild gets silver, and what? Nothing actually changes in the game. When most of the people play safe solo grind most of the time, the open world PvP has no much sense.

Individual rewards sound great, but the idea is people to play together. And your guild leader should give you rewards. But as the PvE and the farming of silver is so easy, there is no pressure for both sides, and when there is no pressure, there is no sense actually.

Nobody cares about the achievements. If I beat you easy in PvP and you have higher achievements, it is like - noob, who give you that stupid achievement. If you beat me easy - you are a stupid nolifer. In a good fight when the forces and skills are equal, it will be a good fight. In all cases, the achievements do not matter.

The reduction of the number of the nodes will make the small guilds smaller.

Instanced PvP in an open world game is like the node wars now - actually they are instanced, and pointless.

well i think this is why korea has tournaments now, those need to come sooner. If there were pvp ranking their would be more of a point to pvp. Its still fun to fight some one but we need incentives

Posted

Last Sunday there were 7 bases placed on a tier 1 on the Edan server. 

Seven

Bases

for

a

tier

one

node

And how many of those actually showed up to fight?  Bases get placed in hopes of an uncontested win. 

Posted (edited)

And how many of those actually showed up to fight?  Bases get placed in hopes of an uncontested win. 

all 7.

it was a war all around, that stalemated. I believe only 2 of the 7 forts got destroyed? Our guild was in it.

Edited by Reckoner

Posted

T3 and region wars really active on uno,  and i really enjoy node wars.   Maybe its only fun when you win though. 

Posted

PvP in this game is too gear dependent to be fun. Getting one shot by people who you can't even touch is not very fun.

This, I feel its too much work to feel competitive. Gear2Win&RNG is way too strong in this game, and gets disheartening after a while. I really wish it wasn't, because this combat and game could be so much more fun if it was more competitive and slightly easier to get there. I was JUST starting to enjoy it before the +20 was added. Since then it's been dull. 

That and yeah on Orwen, half the time theres not even competition for the node we place at. Generally Tier 3's/Siege seem to be the only ones that do.

Posted

orwen's particular issue is the playerbase. Being the unofficial roleplay server means its going to have less competitive players. in reality the populatuion is strongly divided between the casuals and the hardcores. 

Also a bigger issue is the system for guild wars. small guilds that dont want to deal with gvgs at grinds wont go for T1 nodes because having a node or an active war enables you as eligible for gvg.

Posted

orwen's particular issue is the playerbase. Being the unofficial roleplay server means its going to have less competitive players. in reality the populatuion is strongly divided between the casuals and the hardcores. 

Also a bigger issue is the system for guild wars. small guilds that dont want to deal with gvgs at grinds wont go for T1 nodes because having a node or an active war enables you as eligible for gvg.

Eh, I think even some of the RPers would PvP and all that if it was easier to be able to. But the game itself is a bit more hardcore, and unless you are at least semi-hardcore, pvp is simply unenjoyable. 

Posted (edited)

This, I feel its too much work to feel competitive. Gear2Win&RNG is way too strong in this game, and gets disheartening after a while. I really wish it wasn't, because this combat and game could be so much more fun if it was more competitive and slightly easier to get there. I was JUST starting to enjoy it before the +20 was added. Since then it's been dull. 

That and yeah on Orwen, half the time theres not even competition for the node we place at. Generally Tier 3's/Siege seem to be the only ones that do.

Yep mechanical skill only goes so far when someone can walk up and kill you in 0.5 seconds even after you got the jump on them.

Edited by digitalcommunist
1 person likes this

Posted

well I have planned to try with my guild to "fight" for one t1 node [small guild and stuff]...

but after experiencing one PvP scenarion when one awakened warrior decide to show off his lvl-gear superiority [over 57, 55 and 50 level team of 3] and pwned us with no chance of retaliation I have decided as a good guildmaster that I won;t try to get people to pvp without a decently sized squad of really high level and good geared folks to carry it....

which probably means never xD

Posted

well I have planned to try with my guild to "fight" for one t1 node [small guild and stuff]...

but after experiencing one PvP scenarion when one awakened warrior decide to show off his lvl-gear superiority [over 57, 55 and 50 level team of 3] and pwned us with no chance of retaliation I have decided as a good guildmaster that I won;t try to get people to pvp without a decently sized squad of really high level and good geared folks to carry it....

You are noobs :)

Posted (edited)

^

Atleast they have a life instead of being nolifers in dying game.

Edited by Whatevah
1 person likes this

Posted

castle wars = 3 guilds trading 1 castle for guild funds to pay out members. its being heavily exploited and the devs are so -----ing stupid that they dont realise it.

castle seige and node wars is garbage thats why its dead.

Posted

You are noobs :)

I'd like to see you in a team of:

undergeared lvl 57 awakened ranger

mediocre geared lvl 55 ranger [this was me, 120 ap]

undergeared lvl 51 berserker

not being obliterated by highly geared lvl 59 awakened warrior

if you'd succeed at this task I'd say we are not playing same BDO at all :P

PS. as for ETA of gettign decently sized high level high gear sqaud - we are dem filthy cazuals, we dun farm for gearz and luvuls :P [at least not in any manner indicating getting those anyhow soon  - so the only way we could get those people in foreseeable future would be to recruit those.... but who sane would join small casuall guild, to carry their fighting over small node after gearing up that much? I'm totally sure all of those would more likely join those big fishies :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I fight mostly for my guild, not because the mechanics are fun. I am not a strong player, my gear is not the best and I am only lvl 57, so I die a lot. All in all, I spend most of my time waiting to resurrect and running back to the front lines then I do actually fighting (I can usually get myself killed within 10-20 seconds of engaging someone). I'm willing to bet a good chunk of the player base falls in the same category. There is little fun in a game where you are largely fodder for a functionally invincible enemy, or at best a distraction.

Posted

wat.

Zerging causes politics between guilds to happen, its great. I wanna play a pvp mmo, not an arena shooter.

Regardless, too many nodes, thats the issue. Too many nodes a day and too many days a week with nodewars. This would work better if they removed all sub Tier 3 nodes, split those up into 3 tiers again and then only focused on those.  Even on jordine many nodes were empty for a long-ass time since the beginning of node wars

politics between guilds ... lmao? 

You mean blob guilds that circle jerk each other and payout each other so they don't have to fight, meanwhile skipping a huge part of this games pvp.

but when you dec on them they'll 50v2 you. Yay ----- politics and ----- logic

Posted

^this.

that game isnt made for pvper saddly, but its only a pve-rng-grind show off because gear.

Posted

it comes down to people not wanting to fight a guild they have no chance at beating, thats why teir 3 will have nobody on them, and why certain guilds at one point owned 3 territories.  fighting in a unwinable battle is no fun, nor does it make money and waste time.  at this current time, guilds that should be going for territories are messing around in teir 2 node and sometimes tier 3.  it also doesnt help when people keep perpetuating this notion that its a RP server when PA have not done so.

Posted

I'd like to see you in a team of:

undergeared lvl 57 awakened ranger

mediocre geared lvl 55 ranger [this was me, 120 ap]

undergeared lvl 51 berserker

not being obliterated by highly geared lvl 59 awakened warrior

if you'd succeed at this task I'd say we are not playing same BDO at all :P

PS. as for ETA of gettign decently sized high level high gear sqaud - we are dem filthy cazuals, we dun farm for gearz and luvuls :P [at least not in any manner indicating getting those anyhow soon  - so the only way we could get those people in foreseeable future would be to recruit those.... but who sane would join small casuall guild, to carry their fighting over small node after gearing up that much? I'm totally sure all of those would more likely join those big fishies :P

OK, you want to conquer a node with less than a party?  That is pathetic. I mean the wars are bad, but not so bad :) First you need at least 20 active people, and then you can start a node war. If some - small casual guild - could win the wars, the solo player could too, and the whole thing will become almost singleplayer, like the terrible PvE. And yes there is nothing to do in this game with a party of players, except to raid the gatekeepers. The rest of the content is solo or zerg. I do not know how PA or Kakao take the conclusion that the summonable bosses need 3-5 party. Maybe they choose the worst players ever to test it. Or maybe they are simply incompetent. Anyway the game heavily lacks of multiplayer content.

Posted

Yeah with that group you have, i'm sorry but you will never gt anywhere in node wars.Ever. 

And it's not even just your levels and gear. For one, you need at least 15-20 people. Stage gear acore should be 390+, average level should be 56+. Anyone under geared or under leveled would get destroyed as you experienced. 

But on top of that, you need to build annex buildings (Supply depot, Recovery centre etc) and defences ( Hawcha, Flame towers, 15+ barricade's) which could run you 100mil silver or more. For us as a guild of 30-45 active members our node wars can go from start to finish in a stalemate and run us several million silver as you replace destroyed parts of your base and buy more ammo and etc. 

As a "good" GM you should do your homework, and know all this already and know taking the group you described would not work. Now if you went into it for shits and giggles and for "fun" that would be another thing but your comments lead to beleive that you thought you had a chance which is dumbfounding. 

It would be akin to any other mmo raiding and taking people into an end game raid all under the max level (ie- in WoW taking level 100's to a 110 raid.) You are going to have a bad time. 

As for node wars dying? No. We are on Orwen and see plenty of warring over nodes. The reason you see empty nodes can be a few things but the popular reason is, those node are not profitable. To soend a few million silver (now that trade houses are no use anymore) on a node that might get a few measly thousand silver for a guild is a total loss and not worth it. Another popular reason is the terrain, some of these nodes are AWFUL to build on and fight over so people avoid it. I might agree that there are too many nodes BUT as soon as they take away some.nodes everyone would be right back to crying because guilds will grow and want to try their hand and can't because all the non filthy casual guilds will hold them and they won't get a foot hold. But there are changes coming that may help, something about the longer a guild hoods a node the more profits they receive from it, so who knows. 

Posted

Node wars are alive and well in Uno.

Posted

As for node wars dying? No. We are on Orwen and see plenty of warring over nodes. The reason you see empty nodes can be a few things but the popular reason is, those node are not profitable. To soend a few million silver (now that trade houses are no use anymore) on a node that might get a few measly thousand silver for a guild is a total loss and not worth it. Another popular reason is the terrain, some of these nodes are AWFUL to build on and fight over so people avoid it. I might agree that there are too many nodes BUT as soon as they take away some.nodes everyone would be right back to crying because guilds will grow and want to try their hand and can't because all the non filthy casual guilds will hold them and they won't get a foot hold. But there are changes coming that may help, something about the longer a guild hoods a node the more profits they receive from it, so who knows. 

Eh we can agree to disagree there. My guild feels lucky if there is someone actually competing. Half the time there's just a random fort built with no defense or maybe a handful of people. Then the other half is split between no one placed, or maybe a lucky fight once and a while. Even though you may see guilds warring on map, doesn't always mean theres actual good pvp going on. Is there some? Sure! But is there a lot of competition in Orwen for nodes? Hell no, no where near where it was at the start. That's where its sad. It could have been more competitive & fun, it's just not.

Posted

So for everyone complaining about gear I have no boss, no kzarka, no dandy and I compete. yes it is slow I started in may but I'm tri grunil with duo accessories and I die to the leet yes but by no means am I a push over. Just grind put all your money in your gear one at a time and enjoy😄

Posted

more like people are realizing pvp content is bad

Posted (edited)

politics between guilds ... lmao? 

You mean blob guilds that circle jerk each other and payout each other so they don't have to fight, meanwhile skipping a huge part of this games pvp.

but when you dec on them they'll 50v2 you. Yay ----- politics and ----- logic

that happen in edan, but orwen's top end is far more viscious towards eachother.

Edited by Blademaster1215

Posted

more like people are realizing pvp content is bad

The PvE content is even worse. I mean for a solo game it is above average, but for a MMO it is just terrible.