• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is Gamepad viable for playing BDO?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Is playing BDO on a gamepad viable? Will we be able to access all the features of the game with a gamepad?

Posted (edited)

Yes, Gamepad works perfectly and is preferred by those who are use to controllers. you might want to switch the keys around to best suit your playstyle and class, so it feels more natural. Obviously for like chatting and inventory and such you should(but dont have to) use mouse and keyboard(even though you can actually use controller for talking to npcs and accepting quests and such)

also ignore anyone who says its not viable, using a controller is personal preference and will not be liked by everyone.

Edited by Zev
5 people like this

Posted

I can see a controller doing fairly with in pvp against kbm users. This is an action based mmo.

Posted

I have tried it on RU.  Its ok for grinding but I wouldn't pvp with it.

Posted

Actually i tested with my xbox one controller , and the char control feels bad and quirky . I played as sorcerer and due the many combos you cant even execute them with the controller.  This game is to much for controller (items, potions, managing stuff). So i switched back to mouse and keyboard. You just need to test it on your self and see if this suits you.

Posted

You can but dont expect to be on the same lvl as keyboard users.

Posted

I see that I got answers from both ends of the argument, I guess I'll just have to test it out. Thank you for your responds :).

Posted

Ya it works good with a ps4 controller, i bought i steam controller and i think its gonna work even better

Posted

I use a knock off mini xbox360 controller and it works really well. Only problem is the default Q button placement. Switch that around when you get in game and you're golden.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will not use a controlled untile it's Steam Controller viable... too many combos for a "simple" xbox controller. I'll wait till then.

Posted

Please everyone use a controller. Makes PvP even easier for me.

Posted

You can use gamepad for BDO.

as for how viable it is well.. I will find out when I play the game.

Posted

I play The Elder Scrolls Online with an XBOXONE controller and it's quite comfortable. I don't mind putting it down while I type some stuff in the chat box, and if I'm doing PVP with some guild-mates we usually use TeamSpeak, so yeah the hands are free. I have played Final Fantasy XIV with the same controller and have found it manageable as well. I find I can play games like Guild Wars and WOW with KB/M but these type of games cramp up my hands so I prefer using a controller.

Is this game built for a gamepad? How much different would it be to playing TESO or FF XIV with one?