• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

help Boosters allowed?

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, i have a low end pc and im trying everything to make my game run alittle smoother so im wondering if im allowed to run a booster (Razer cortex)? I'm kinda noobie so i apologize if im being dumb right now but I just don't want to get banned. 

Edited by Hyaeyo

Posted

Hey guys, i have a low end pc and im trying everything to make my game run alittle smoother so im wondering if im allowed to run a booster (Razer cortex)? I'm kinda noobie so i apologize if im being dumb right now but I just don't want to get banned. 

This game runs poorly on the best systems money can buy. Other then brute forcing the game with new hardware there is little you can do on a lowend machine.

Posted

This game runs poorly on the best systems money can buy. Other then brute forcing the game with new hardware there is little you can do on a lowend machine.

I understand am im not expecting 60 fps or something even a 10 fps boost will make me happy. All i want to know is if boosters are allowed. Because i hear sometimes you can get banned for using one

Posted

All i want to know is if boosters are allowed. Because i hear sometimes you can get banned for using one

The last I heard was the razor cortex flags xigncode as a cheat. This is months old, as such kakao might now allow it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Posted

The last I heard was the razor cortex flags xigncode as a cheat. This is months old, as such kakao might now allow it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm obviously a little hesitant to try it now. If you have any more information wether it Will or will not get me banned please let me know and thank you for your response.

Posted (edited)

GPUtweak2 works as a booster no issues, but does nothing for the game frame wise (unless your not on gaming mode or OC mode), will even shut it down BDO if you try it with game up, & if you do it before you load bdo, you will need to reload up certain programmes it closes down because on windows 10 its useless.

Edited by prymortal

Posted

I'm obviously a little hesitant to try it now. If you have any more information wether it Will or will not get me banned please let me know and thank you for your response.

Try this,i did this on my low end machine when my good one busted.Go to settings,screen,and tick the "cropping" box,move the sliders backwards and make the viewing screen smaller,but will shoot up fps tremendously.Dont hit upscale box just crop it.I managed to get the game run on max settings on a 50 dollar video card by reducing the viewing area like 35%.The ui and everything else is unnafected it just reduced the graphic display area and it makes the game playable in low end cards.just keep tinkering w it untill you got the right balance of size and fps.hope this helps

Posted (edited)

be careful with booster programs as it is possible to trigger a perma ban useing one with xigncode3 atleast thats what I heard.

Edited by ambyentlight

Posted

Try this,i did this on my low end machine when my good one busted.Go to settings,screen,and tick the "cropping" box,move the sliders backwards and make the viewing screen smaller,but will shoot up fps tremendously.Dont hit upscale box just crop it.I managed to get the game run on max settings on a 50 dollar video card by reducing the viewing area like 35%.The ui and everything else is unnafected it just reduced the graphic display area and it makes the game playable in low end cards.just keep tinkering w it untill you got the right balance of size and fps.hope this helpsThat 

That reaaally helped. it's not comfortable at all but it does help. thanks for the tip! 

Posted

Just wanted to clear up a few potential confusions that may spread from a thread of this nature, we investigate all actions issued against an account thoroughly. We understand there are many programs folks are running that are completely safe and have no actual effect on the game itself, while it is true some may potentially trigger our anti-cheat system I can assure you we do not automatically apply a permanent action on accounts with out investigation first.

That being said I highly recommend checking in with our technical support staff > here < if you are ever in question about a piece of software that may trigger Xigncode.

In regards to actually improving your fps there are a variety of different means to accomplish this in game, we have several settings that can be disabled (some specifically graphics related, while others like hiding workers / pets / etc... may assist in overall fps but are mostly for your convenience). There is always the potential that a graphics driver update may help as well, though I absolutely understand if you do not wish to do so.

Hopefully that clears up some of your concerns.

7 people like this

Posted

That reaaally helped. it's not comfortable at all but it does help. thanks for the tip! 

i eventually got used to it xD play around w the sliders till ya find a happy medium.glad it worked ^.^

Posted

be careful with booster programs as it is possible to trigger a perma ban useing one with xigncode3 atleast thats what I heard.

Yeah that's why i asked haha. 

Just wanted to clear up a few potential confusions that may spread from a thread of this nature, we investigate all actions issued against an account thoroughly. We understand there are many programs folks are running that are completely safe and have no actual effect on the game itself, while it is true some may potentially trigger our anti-cheat system I can assure you we do not automatically apply a permanent action on accounts with out investigation first.

That being said I highly recommend checking in with our technical support staff > here < if you are ever in question about a piece of software that may trigger Xigncode.

In regards to actually improving your fps there are a variety of different means to accomplish this in game, we have several settings that can be disabled (some specifically graphics related, while others like hiding workers / pets / etc... may assist in overall fps but are mostly for your convenience). There is always the potential that a graphics driver update may help as well, though I absolutely understand if you do not wish to do so.

Thank you very much it surely does make me feel alot better. I'll be sure to check in with the support staff

Posted

or you could just onto kaao for optimizing the game, afterall many many people constantly complain that they cant do karanda because its a massive FPS shit storm!

not to mention the AOE displaying of karanda's attacks are bugged. we dont see the red circle appearing for both types of her massive nuking AOE!

people with high end PC's to the points it costs well over £1000 can barely do here for some odd reason. people reporting terrible FPS performance with 10 series Nvidia graphics cards. all while playing with a i5 4 - 5 - 6th generation processor with 4 cores and a SSD!

the game is waaayy too demand for what it seems. either due to terrible optimization. or under lying issues with the engine! 

people have all ready mentioned and noticed that performance was terribley effected when valencia came out. and with the further release schedule of valencia part2 & sea content and the expansion of sea etc etc and with 2 more zones planned for the future further west and south of calpheon... if its means performance is going to constantly get hit after every new zone is released i dont think alot of players will be able to enjoy playing the game anymore with a suitable FPS!

hell i cant even enjoy riding my horse anymore on full sprint cause certain zones & hiedel will just randomly not load. but coming into altinova and calpheon it loads fine... :S

all im getting at is people shouldn't need to do this amount of tweaking to get the best possible FPS! especially considering if you dont do work arounds and tweaks you are essentially locked out of doing certain content. cause your performance is so poor you're more likely to die than actually getting a hit in on certian bosses!

Posted

node wars / boss fights

did anyone try turning off other peoples particles / effects ? I notice in the tooltip it specifically says nodewar

Posted (edited)

one thing we still need a clean up on is this, is shader things such as sweetfx allowed? only thing it changes is how the the shadows and graphics apply. only thing this can help with is fps then agin most of us that use it make settings amazeing. would rather a clear final gm admin conformation if a simple shader is allowed though.

and edit dosent triger xigncode nore really should it as visual only but would be nice to have dev conformation on this

Edited by ambyentlight

Posted

one thing we still need a clean up on is this, is shader things such as sweetfx allowed? only thing it changes is how the the shadows and graphics apply. only thing this can help with is fps then agin most of us that use it make settings amazeing. would rather a clear final gm admin conformation if a simple shader is allowed though.

and edit dosent triger xigncode nore really should it as visual only but would be nice to have dev conformation on this

why dont you ask your question in the link that was so kindly provided for you, in the very response you quoted?

Posted

did anyone try turning off other peoples particles / effects ? I notice in the tooltip it specifically says nodewar

you mean the options that specifically under the optimization advanced settings that are in massive yellow caps... yeah i think majority know about that! and yes i do after everything ticked

distant player

other player

and other player lantern effects turned off

the only thing that is unticked is upscale and energy saving cause they do the opposite and ruin your FPS even more than what their intended function is supposed to do!

Posted

You do realize you cleared up nothing, do you not? Instead of answering the OP's simple question, you chose to write a paragraph basically saying go ask someone else. Then you write another paragraph about improving fps and yet again you ramble and say little, instead of being a GM and specifically telling the OP what in-game setting to try.

Posted

this is fantastic interaction. Helpful and detailed. Awesome sauce!

You do realize you cleared up nothing, do you not? Instead of answering the OP's simple question, you chose to write a paragraph basically saying go ask someone else. Then you write another paragraph about improving fps and yet again you ramble and say little, instead of being a GM and specifically telling the OP what in-game setting to try.

actually, he did. It might not be what you wanted, but it actually gave some ideas for those with less powerful machines, and a location to ask more detailed questions.

You can find out at the tech link he gave. 

There is not a magical answer that the CM's can tell us, because some of the issues are out of ours and CMs' hands, like the cheap servers that they use. They have trouble handling the load. As such, it impacts our games. The help is spot on within the limitations.

1 person likes this

Posted

In all honesty these types of programs only seem helpful to those that dont necessarily know gow to perform the same functions manyally. Basically its an automated tool to perform actions that you can do yourself. I have personally always detested such programs in favor of educating players on simple OS manual tuneups. Though I admit with the plethora of operating systems out there sometimes an automated tool may be helpful.

As far as gfx cards go, loom in your settings and change your settings to optimal performance. Also, there is usually a setting in the control manager of your video card under advanced settings for "let game decide". Try these two settings from the graphics card side. Then, in addition, in BDO, try disabling SSAO, Anti-aliasing, show other players particles, ajd inprove distance. That is about as much optinal tweaking that you can do for the game and your card.

Now for anything else, such as OS tweaks, there are several notes to mention raging from page file, variances in tweaks based on ssd vs hdd, and even a few registry tweaks, and windows services. If i have time i will post more ob these from home, ubless someone beats me to it. As there are a lot of different tweaks and topics to cover, it will probably take a awhile to compile a seperate thread.

Posted

Been working fine for me.

Posted

It might run poorly on some systems but I just built a new computer and it runs amazingly well. Everything is like "butter" even in large cities.

Having said that, my old computer was from 2011 and I had all sorts of issues including difficulty logging in (which the new computer seems to have fixed.

If anything I would say that "unfortunately" this game caters to those with new machines.