• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Events

466 posts in this topic

Posted

The Triathlon - Complete

On Reserve:

Character Name: Arcot

Family Name: Arcot

CBT2:

Character Name: Leyna

Family Name: Arcot

2016-02-22_3229817.thumb.JPG.3eb8aa343bc

Posted (edited)

Triathlon Event - Completed

Server: Alustin EU

Family name: Eluvian

Character name: Midna

Caught a beltfish in CBT1 but just incase I caught another in CBT 2 :)
2016-02-20_194831033.thumb.JPG.2bf8539c5
That pic also shows that I reached lv 20 and that I bought at least one cash shop item.  I also tamed a horse on day 2 ^u^
2016-02-18_16858967.thumb.JPG.ed9f2c6048

Edited by HugMeNot

Posted (edited)

TRIATHLON EVENT - COMPLETED ! 

Server: Orwen - Belenos (US)

Family Name during CB2 : Erebos                    When the game starts I reserved:  Ishana

Character Name during CB2: Synlily                 Character name will be:  Nisha

The first picture is my new found friend and I leaving the woods behind and I was praying not to be bucked off into the mud.

Second is after we visited the stable master and became better acquainted. :) Horse Taming was frustratingly fun. :)

Goals of the event met as follows:

* Level 20 reached

* Tested the cash shop (Outfit,Pets,Dyes,Character Customization, etc.)

*Tamed my horse.

See you all in a few days!

2016-02-21_586351059.JPG

2016-02-21_589673491.JPG

Edited by KittanyCrintz
Missing text

Posted (edited)

Just in the nick of time!

Here's a screenie of my level 20 character, in my cash shop outfit, next to my t2 tamed horse (aptly named Clutch)

Region: EU

Character name: Duchess

Family name: Delongville

Edit: Also, huge thanks to the nice person I met that helped me run around panicking, looking for a horse, then guiding me to the market and selling me cheap stuff so that I can afford more ropes because I was terrible at taming :P

2016-02-22_293909024.JPG

2016-02-21_236730397.JPG

Edited by Necraath

Posted

TRIATHLON EVENT - COMPLETED ! 

Region: North America

Family Name during CB2 :SoBaD                    When the game starts I reserved:  SoBaD

Character Name during CB2: Strange                 Character name will be:  Strange

Tamed a T1 horse named Pokeball 10/10 ropes used. Yes. My very last rope, woo woo!

Level: 21

Cash Shop Items: Three hawks, 2 T1, 1 T3 + Carriage for trade good runs

Didn't see anywhere that we needed a screenshot but good game! 
Also for record: #1 Mandarin Fisher lbs: 17
#2 Fishing on Channel (Apprentice lvl 3)

Posted

Do we need to post for the triathlon? Posting just in case!

Region: NA
Family Name: Arcane (CBT2 & reserved)

698b0bce01.JPG

Shown in screenshot: lvl 20, cash costume, freshly tamed horse (see chat box, bottom left).

Posted

I don't know if I'm supposed to make a post like this :/

Completed the triathalon event.

Family name used and reserved: Cydonia

Character name used and reserved: Arvek

Region: NA

Level: 25

Bought stuff from cash shop, most inventory space and pet stuff.

And tamed a T2 horse as well

2016-02-22_200777396.thumb.JPG.bf9797a62

Posted (edited)

Completed the triathalon event.

Family name used and reserved: DutchBlesss

Character name used and reserved: Fearme

Region: Europe

Level: 20

Bought the costume form store and tamed the horse on the pic.

BDO Triathlon.jpg

took screenshot after i registered it at the stable master

Edited by DutchBless

Posted

Character Name: Yatonokami
Family Name: Yatonokami

Screenshot: 

found about this contest kinda late and sold the fish hope this counts

2016-02-21_47327036.JPG

Posted

Triathlon Event - Completed

Character name: Atsumi (Reserved: Kiyori)

Family name: Tsukino (Reserved: Yamato)

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kOa8ViU.jpg

kOa8ViU.jpg

Posted

Triathlon Event

Family Name: Venidicio
Character Name: Venidicia
Server: North America

2016-02-21_132520934.thumb.JPG.ba5425961

✓ Level 20+

✓ Test Cash Shop (With at least one item of purchases using pearls)

✓ Tamed Horse

Posted

I felt this beta was too short. Both betas I only got to level 13/14. I need more time to reach level 20.

Posted

So...I crashed my horse into the ocean at the last second. It died I believe.

Do I still win >_>?

Posted (edited)

TRIATHLON COMPLETE

Family name: Adorkable

Character name: Zoey

===================

Level 20

Buy something off the cash shop

Tamed a horse.

MOrnDWJ.jpg

Edited by Zoey

Posted

I need confirmation that I was the last person to stable a wild horse in CB2. :D

Posted

I'm confused. Why are people posting triathalon screens? They didn't say that was a requirement.

Posted (edited)

I barely hit level 20 and got lvl 5 beginner taming about an hour before reset. Had all the materials and ran around trying to find a horse until CBT closed. Feeling so terrible I had no time to play the beta :(

Edited by Sablemyst

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the notice. We tested it and it seem to work fine. It may have been some exceptional error.

However, you will have the chance to claim another 5.000 DaumCash tomorrow, 19th February around 12 UTC.

No need, we will evaluate it at our end.

I'm confused. Why are people posting triathalon screens? They didn't say that was a requirement.

People didn't read the first page.

Edited by BananaTrain
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Proof, 

Screen Shots:  http://imgur.com/a/dnond

Edited by Adrl

Posted

People didn't read the first page.

That makes sense I suppose. Just surprising to see pages of people doing it like it was a requirement, listing server and everything...

http://i.imgur.com/JHqrzH6.jpg

Posted

I'm one of the many who didn't get it but tried fairly hard and spent all my resources to get this done, and still didn't manage to pull it off.

I'm a bit disappointed in Daum for attaching a Title and Loyalty reward to something that's so terribly RNG centric and requires spending every waking hour of a day just to get a chance at finding one. In addition to the horrific prices on much of the cash shop stuff I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to the game as much as I was previously, and considering just getting a refund on my Conqueror's pre-order.

Why they didn't spawn horses like in CBT1 is beyond me, because having to do that in four days after levelling things up first barely left much room to do it and the fickle nature of taming a horse just made it worse, and that's assuming you could even bloody well find one in the first place. I get that this was a beta test and you wanted to do things as they will likely appear in the live game, but it's clear the design is just terrible and heavily inspired by wasteful eastern resource use and grinding with zero effort spent on addressing the west.

Had horses been spawned for us so we could simply try as we might for as long as we had without staying up four days straight then I may feel a bit better about this, but it just gives me a bad feeling the game is not going to be as good for our audience as I'd hoped, and now I'm going to miss out on a little reward because of RNG and not enough time, which in itself is penalising people who do the right thing and live their lives and not giving yet another MMO a bad reputation by getting themselves killed with excessive playing without rest.

I don't know, it just would've been nice for Daum to be a bit more considerate to those who didn't have the time to spend every waking hour of the four days standing around waiting for horses to spawn, and burning through and endless supply of resources just to get kicked in the guts by RNG on a ludicrous level. Everyone who missed out, and I imagine it's quite a lot of them who tried like me, are losing out on a reward even if they put in the effort, which is the complete opposite of what a test many of us paid for should be about.

Add in the cash shop issue and I just don't think it's enough to keep me fully interested. Which is a real pity, because it's a gorgeous game with a lot of potential.

Posted

For Triathalon, since everybody seems to be posting these.

yAaSwFt.jpg

Not sure if i was supposed to post a picture here, but was on:

Server: NA, the first server.

Family: Hailraven

Name: Nikos

--------------------------

Name at launch:

Family: Hailraven

Posted

Character Name : Shanseala

Family Name: Thokaan

Didn't see any requirements for posting a pic, and I was too busy riding my new horse around that I forgot to take a pic... but i got one!  Grey t1

Posted (edited)

I'm one of the many who didn't get it but tried fairly hard and spent all my resources to get this done, and still didn't manage to pull it off.

I feel your pain.

Imagine my surprise when I'm at lvl 19, I log in with about 6 hours of cbt  2 left, purchase a horse to go grind to lvl 20 to then go tame a horse, and at some point I planned to get some items in the cash shop to get the triathlon done for the title, only then do I find out while I'm riding my horse to go kill some mobs, all of a sudden a box/window appears on my screen, " A file is corrupted, you need to run some scan to fix it blah blah blah" I click ok and it closes the game. (I never could find where to do a scan fix, I don't think they have one.)

This happened to me in the last cbt and what it is, come to find out, is after they add a patch it corrupts some files and it causes this, at least for me it does, and the only thing I can figure is it happened to be each time after a patch was added to the game.

So then I spend forever uninstalling the game, trying to reinstall it and it ends up freezing or something about 10% into the client download, I restart it, I give it an hour or more to try to fix it and it slowly gets to the point where it's crawling along basically doing .01 mb download every 5 minutes or something. I'm thinking, Sunday night, 9-10 pm, must be a lot of people using the internet, but no, it's just the client is crapping out.

I uninstall it again, reinstall it, and this time it finally stays downloading, only problem is, the download is going to take 3 hours +... and when it gets done..... turns out it got done at 1:45 am.

That gave me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get 1 more lvl to lvl 20, tame a horse, register the horse, buy some stuff in the cash shop, to hopefully get the title if everything goes as planned. I was thinking it would be a horrible time for the internet or power to go out on me....

With literally 10 minutes left in cbt 2, I got everything done....  

-5/10 Would never do that again....

Edited by Mike1111