• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Events

466 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys - I doubt they need you to post pics for completing Triathlon, there were several thousand pre-order players and lots will have completed this - knowing of the contest or not - and you'll have a shitstorm if they differentiate issueing rewards. They can probably figure this out doing some kind of advanced/filtered search, or what @CM_Jouska?

Posted

They already stated we don't need to post proof on the first page

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers!

The second closed beta is almost here and we are happy to announce the in-game events we have planned.  The main focus of CBT-2 is to test the recent changes as well as the Cash Shop and server stability.  With that in mind we will not have as many events as CBT-1, but do not worry you will still have plenty to do!  Keep reading to see what is in store, and we look forward to seeing everyone in game soon.

• All Event Rewards will be distributed shortly after launch (TBA). This also affects event rewards from previous Events (CBT1, Beauty & Beast).
  • You may participate only with one character in each event
  • Rewards will be distributed to the participant’s account

1. The Triathlon

• Start: Feb. 18th 08:00 UTC
  • End: Feb. 22nd 08:00 UTC

Our first event will be the Triathlon!  In this event you will be given three tasks to complete before the CBT ends, completing this event will earn you a unique title after the game has fully launched!

Triathlon Milestones

• Reach Level 20
  • Test the Cash Shop by purchasing at least one item with Pearls
  • Tame a Horse (How-To)

Reward:

• 500 Loyalty (500 Miles)

2. Bait Master Tour

Back by popular demand, testers will once again have the chance to catch a unique fishing title!

Event Period:

How-To:

• Catch a Beltfish while Fishing and post a screenshot of the Beltfish in your inventory >here<

Notes:

• This event is to be rewarded with the same title as CBT1 “Bait Master Tour” event
  • Everyone who participates with a valid entry will get the title

Event Reward:

• Title: Master Baiter
  • Title Description:  I have used my rod all day to get this title!

Beltfish Fishing Area

eSkmi6m.jpg

3. Cash Shop Test

To charge some free DaumCash for CBT2, please:
- Access the Cash Shop in-game by using F3 button
- Click on "Recharge" at the bottom to get to the event page

Note: Pearls from this event will be wiped after CBT2.

Best regards,

Your BDO Team

I don't know if someone has already wrote it or that I just misunderstood. But I watched lots of tutorials how to tame a horse, both videos and texts, and after the minigame you have to press spacebar at the right moment it appears another minigame to get the line over 50%, and here's the problem, even if it's over 50% and says win, it automatic says failed to tame the horse after one second. I tried all all sides of the horse, every distance, when its still and when its moving and still I fail even when it says win.

If I haven't done anything wrong, I just want to tell you if its a bug :)

Edited by Sabina
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

First after you trow the rope you need to pres space at the right time.

At normal times you would than go forward by pressing w.

After some time (and distance) the horse would start an other mini game where you need to spam Space until 10 sec are over and be on the right side (this should not appear instantly after trowing rope if it does it probably bugs at lest that's what it looked like to me.

The bug happened to me once as well.

A little bit later more in open field no trees near the horse it worked.

after you won this mini game you need to move forward to the horse with w and if mini again appears reaped the process until your inside the horse.

Now press F1 or what your game tells you and feed it lumps of raw sugar.

Most people say 4 Lumps should OK i used 8 since i had them and than press r to ride it.

more sugar more chance you can mount it.

now move with the horse to the stable master and register it.

Edited by Liliane

Posted

I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to the game as much as I was previously, and considering just getting a refund on my Conqueror's pre-order.

You played the beta you waived your right to your refund. People should really learn to read.

1 person likes this

Posted

In addition to the horrific prices on much of the cash shop stuff

only thing i agree with, the page says 30$ worth of daum cash and it's enough to buy.. one outfit??? seriously? 10 dollars gets you a full set of skins on gw2 ?_? 

as for people -----ing about leveling/horse taming, it took me 4-5 hours to hit 20 on a ranger. (i can imagine how hilariously easy it is on a wizard just 1 shotting groups of mobs instead of picking them off one at a time) i had a time limit of 7 hours to do this  since i wasnt able to play all weekend. all you had to do was ride your donkey around everywhere to level it up, focus on the black spirit quests and when you didn't have one, sit and smash your face against mobs until you leveled up to get one. it was around 12am~ when i was ready to get my horse, went to a far off with 29 sugars lumps and 4 ropes,found a horse sitting next to an afk player and bam nabbed it with 15 sugars and one rope (i used a rope before i tamed it but missed b/c lol oops)

the first closed beta i managed to snag ~12 horses while exploring, 8-9 sugars is what normally makes a horse let me ride them the first time, 12 for the finnicky ones and 15 when you're like oh god that player is going to steal my horse i have to get it (though you'll have that one douche bag horse who will hate you anyways. i didnt like you anyways you nasty diarrhea colored t3)

once you know what you're doing it is honestly incredibly easy to tame a horse, you just gotta be active when searching the spot ie no alt tabbing/afking, no standing on a rock hoping to see one spawn (i find them spawning out of render distance of other players so you want to run around constantly to see them), and my friends managed to grab two horses right next to each other. sure it's rng in whether or not a horse will be there when you get there, but a horse will eventually spawn--you just have to be active in making rounds to find it. and if you see someone playing a minigame to tame one get that rope out and prep to throw it immediately if they fail, that's how i got a pretty t6 in the cbt1 :^)

Posted

- I found that what someone was saying about pearl issues that many of us had was true: If you delete your cookies, then you could claim your pearls with no problems

- Also, you can google for wild horses locations. Then, just move to one of them. If there are no horses, try to change your server, and you'll probable come across one.

I know it's too late now, but that may be useful when the game get released.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

You played the beta you waived your right to your refund. People should really learn to read.

And you are aware that such things actually don't stand up against Australian law, right? Until that game releases into the Early Access period, every person within that country or any other with such laws, has the right to a refund - our laws overrule anything written in that "contract" until such a time we've accepted the full product into our grasp.

Why do you think a company like Valve with Steam got a refund policy in the first place? Because we could just request one anyway under our laws and frequently did, because by selling a product to someone here means you have an active service to that country and are accountable to the laws of it above your own policies or laws.

So sure, quote the above all you want...but until the game is in full release or early access and the product is of full access to me, I'd be entitled to a refund, regardless of what that agreement says. I've paid for a product of which I feel unsatisfied with, and may not believe as I thought it would be - a refund can't be refused while the product isn't released.

In other words: that agreement quite literally amounts to nothing until it goes live for early access. I'd suggest going to learn some international law and what it means on a commercial level next time.

That's not to say I will, but if how many seem to be reacting at the moment to various things, I think what I believe is perfectly legitimate concern that we're being treated like the rest of the players in the Korean, Japanese and Russian regions, when our circumstance and culture for online gaming is very different - not to mention we buy to play it unlike them.

Edited by Teknykk

Posted

People refunding because they couldn't get a title? Retards haha

1 person likes this

Posted

And you are aware that such things actually don't stand up against Australian law, right? Until that game releases into the Early Access period, every person within that country or any other with such laws, has the right to a refund - our laws overrule anything written in that "contract" until such a time we've accepted the full product into our grasp.

Why do you think a company like Valve with Steam got a refund policy in the first place? Because we could just request one anyway under our laws and frequently did, because by selling a product to someone here means you have an active service to that country and are accountable to the laws of it above your own policies or laws.

So sure, quote the above all you want...but until the game is in full release or early access and the product is of full access to me, I'd be entitled to a refund, regardless of what that agreement says. I've paid for a product of which I feel unsatisfied with, and may not believe as I thought it would be - a refund can't be refused while the product isn't released.

In other words: that agreement quite literally amounts to nothing until it goes live for early access. I'd suggest going to learn some international law and what it means on a commercial level next time.

That's not to say I will, but if how many seem to be reacting at the moment to various things, I think what I believe is perfectly legitimate concern that we're being treated like the rest of the players in the Korean, Japanese and Russian regions, when our circumstance and culture for online gaming is very different - not to mention we buy to play it unlike them.

Holy shit you are an entitled special snowflake. 

2 people like this

Posted

Entitled people are entitled. 

Entitled people are entitled. 

Posted (edited)

Wow, all these crybabies must be WoW players. You don't hit spacebar after you lasso the horse until it kicks up, THEN and only then do you hit spacebar to start spamming the meter. I admit I wasted a good 10 ropes at first, but then thought to myself, there must be a reason why its failing and what do you know, I figured it out. Go ask for more handouts from blizzard, please don't play this game.

Edited by Boosums
2 people like this

Posted

I honestly don't get why people are getting so bent out of shape over a couple of words that float over your players head.

The whole point of CBTs is to test, see if you an find any bugs that are still in it post alpha and report them.

I enjoyed the test because I spent most of it exploring and doing a few quests while testing out various features.

I have the same attitude to people who go batsh*t over steam trophies and Xbox achievements

I honestly don't get why people are getting so bent out of shape over a couple of words that float over your players head.

The whole point of CBTs is to test, see if you an find any bugs that are still in it post alpha and report them.

I enjoyed the test because I spent most of it exploring and doing a few quests while testing out various features.

I have the same attitude to people who go batsh*t over steam trophies and Xbox achievements

Posted

I almost did all of this, got to level 20, got my taming to 5. Bought the costume and pet from shop.
When I found a horse last night, I used 5 ropes and managed to get pretty close everything was fine till a spider attacked me.

Then I bought 50 ropes and went back. All the 50 ropes would automatically fail afterward. I don't know what happened, or why it happened. The first game where you have to press space to lasso it was fine, the second part where you get to hit space to raise the bar was what was acting up for me.

Family name: Ebrech

Character name: Mysterious

Server Calpheon

Posted (edited)

Maybe but he happens to be right.  The level of effort required to both initiate a refund and provide back up for your request much less actually proceeding with legalities makes it rather asinine and therefore a mute point. 

Anyhoo - I'd like to claim my title. I was unable to tame a horsie because quite frankly I have no interest in it and put it off tile the last hour but I did accomplish plenty of things during the beta. Please provide a title - idc what it is as long as I am just as special as the tamed....perhaps - "Untamed", that works for me in many many different ways. Thank you :)

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

I almost did all of this, got to level 20, got my taming to 5. Bought the costume and pet from shop.
When I found a horse last night, I used 5 ropes and managed to get pretty close everything was fine till a spider attacked me.

Then I bought 50 ropes and went back. All the 50 ropes would automatically fail afterward. I don't know what happened, or why it happened. The first game where you have to press space to lasso it was fine, the second part where you get to hit space to raise the bar was what was acting up for me.

Server Calpheon

I had the exact same problem with taming.  Get in the "GOOD" zone for the first spacebar thing and then the next spacebar thing would never even show up.  I submitted a bug report on it.  I hope they won't let a glitched system get in the way of rewarding us the perk for being good testers.

Server Calpheon

I had the exact same problem with taming.  Get in the "GOOD" zone for the first spacebar thing and then the next spacebar thing would never even show up.  I submitted a bug report on it.  I hope they won't let a glitched system get in the way of rewarding us the perk for being good testers.

1 person likes this

Posted

I actually didn't know about the events till the day before the deadline. I still managed to level my taming/training to 5 with some good old auto path between cities. I then proceeded to get myself a horse, which I found as soon as I started looking for it (with the help of BDO-tome's map). There was a player there attempting but I threw my rope when he failed. I had never tamed a horse in the game before but it really wasn't hard. Took one extra rope because I forgot to feed it sugar. I then proceeded to get the fish, got it on the 3rd-5th cast (don't know the exact amount since I was watching anime at the time). All of this took around 2 hours to fulfill(being generous), with constant AFK'ing since I had to help people move things around the house. I don't see how people didn't have enough time to complete it. Granted, I was already level 33 when I started doing it. However, I very minimally used my horse during the leveling time.

Call it being lucky or whatever but don't say you couldn't get your horse because you didn't have time. Unless you were 100% out of your house for most of the CBT, which was during the WEEKEND. If you cared enough about getting it you would've set aside time to get it.

Posted (edited)

People refunding because they couldn't get a title? Retards haha

No, if people want refunds after dealing with this, it's not because they didn't get a title - it's because rewards are being given to something that not everyone could achieve in the timeframe given, or with the connection they have and also a fickle system that simply penalises people with a ludicrous waste of resources. I'm personally on the best connection I can get in my region, and I can quite comfortably say that I tried every possible thing to get a horse, and every time I got right in the last part it would just kick me out of it.

The system is far too twitchy and a company like Daum can't seriously expect everyone to have super fast internet in their homes like half the Koreans do. Many people around the world are only going to have a moderate connection, of which should be enough to run any MMO, but it's pretty clear that this game is far too affected by even the slightest bit of ping above 200. My concern is that we're being treated like yet another part of the eastern player base and not as the western group we actually are, and nothing more.

No, just quoting you how things actually work...not how a potentially greedy company thinks it works, or how an arrogant fool who's got nothing better to do than insult people does either. Companies like Daum or any other retailer or online game developer need to realise that they don't actually have the amount of the power they think they do until the full product is within the grasp of the buyer.

Bent out of shape over the principle that having to beat a buggy, wasteful and problematic system is considered even remotely worthy of a reward in the first place. Add in the money grubbing of many of the prices in the cash shop, and the clear fact that they're likely to not do enough to cater the audience properly lends to perfectly understandable concern that plenty of us seem to be voicing here.

I did enjoy the test, up and until I felt like I had to spend every waking hour and all of my resources just to get a reward that shouldn't be there in the first place - because it deters from testing important things - and fail miserably because my internet wasn't good enough, or the system punishes people regardless of how hard they try. I would've preferred to keep testing beyond this, but if you throw a reward in someone's face, they're going to stop testing and want to get it - so if we're not testing as much as we should, this is why.

I like the game a lot, but I'm only here because family got me interested and I wanted to give it a good chance. But if I played this, I would comfortably say I would simply never tame horses, because the system is far too punishing and reliant on too much out of our control. I think the best part about this is the exploration and knowledge aspects more than anything else, but Daum needs to prove that this going to be more than a simple western conversion similar to games like Aion or another Korean MMO.

Edited by Teknykk
1 person likes this

Posted

Even on the really full channels, there were plenty of horses way out west. I tamed about 10 horses and none of them were even contested. (I would have let another player have one if there were any around).

Taming a horse isn't hard. And the people complaining and crying about the spawn rate and/or blaming Daum for a "rng" type event. You are wrong. You are the ones who should have put some effort into getting away from the Velia/Heidel area and maybe go out around Ephira or Calpheon. Like I said, there were plenty of horses out there. Granted, there are more spawn points around Heidel, but those were all pretty much perma-camped. 

It is a huge world. You only have yourselves to blame, but of course, in stead of taking ownership of your laziness..you blame the game developers and publishers. And even at that, it is just a title at stake. Unless you are a completionist of some sort (good luck with that in THIS game haha) it really does not matter and is not a game-breaker. Just my opinion.

2 people like this

Posted

For Triathalon, since everybody seems to be posting these.

yAaSwFt.jpg

Not sure if i was supposed to post a picture here, but was on:

Server: NA, the first server.

Family: Hailraven

Name: Nikos

--------------------------

Name at launch:

Family: Hailraven

OFF TOPIC :

YO, that screen res, my good!!! is it 1 screen or 2??? and whats the res on it D:

Posted (edited)

One of the "checklist" items I had for cbt2 was horse taming. I didn't tame my first horse till around lv25 when I found two near southern guard gate. It was surprisingly easy after you know exactly what to do. I showed several ppl how and I have come to notice that most people don't realize that after you initially and successfully rope the horse, walk towards it WITHOUT pressing space UNTIL the horse rears up onto its hind legs. This is the trigger for the "omg spam space omg" mini game. Also you can scare a horse up against a wall, or what have you, to keep it from running away when you get too close effectively letting you rope it close enough to not have to fight it. 

This is a great guide and shows/tells you what to do. I however recommend 5+ sugar cubes as this has almost always gaurenteed taming for me.

https://youtu.be/2L3SvQ6SSes

Edited by Lichtbringr
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm one of the many who didn't get it but tried fairly hard and spent all my resources to get this done, and still didn't manage to pull it off.

I'm a bit disappointed in Daum for attaching a Title and Loyalty reward to something that's so terribly RNG centric and requires spending every waking hour of a day just to get a chance at finding one. In addition to the horrific prices on much of the cash shop stuff I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to the game as much as I was previously, and considering just getting a refund on my Conqueror's pre-order.

Why they didn't spawn horses like in CBT1 is beyond me, because having to do that in four days after levelling things up first barely left much room to do it and the fickle nature of taming a horse just made it worse, and that's assuming you could even bloody well find one in the first place. I get that this was a beta test and you wanted to do things as they will likely appear in the live game, but it's clear the design is just terrible and heavily inspired by wasteful eastern resource use and grinding with zero effort spent on addressing the west.

Had horses been spawned for us so we could simply try as we might for as long as we had without staying up four days straight then I may feel a bit better about this, but it just gives me a bad feeling the game is not going to be as good for our audience as I'd hoped, and now I'm going to miss out on a little reward because of RNG and not enough time, which in itself is penalising people who do the right thing and live their lives and not giving yet another MMO a bad reputation by getting themselves killed with excessive playing without rest.

I don't know, it just would've been nice for Daum to be a bit more considerate to those who didn't have the time to spend every waking hour of the four days standing around waiting for horses to spawn, and burning through and endless supply of resources just to get kicked in the guts by RNG on a ludicrous level. Everyone who missed out, and I imagine it's quite a lot of them who tried like me, are losing out on a reward even if they put in the effort, which is the complete opposite of what a test many of us paid for should be about.

Add in the cash shop issue and I just don't think it's enough to keep me fully interested. Which is a real pity, because it's a gorgeous game with a lot of potential.

i googled horse locations and found horses several times , sometimes I nneeded to check several of the spots but I never even channel hopped to make it easier.

I have never played the game before this beta and it took me a while but I had no real issues.

Its also like a week's loyalty, you will live its not a big deal.

Get gud

Edited by Babykin
1 person likes this

Posted

Get gud

Basically.

Posted (edited)

Hope it's not too late!

Server: Jordine (Elion)

Family name: Pervan

Character name: Mobscene

2016-02-21_164787791.JPG