• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT-2 Events

466 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Wrong post xD

Edited by PKerHunter

Posted

Oh **** yeah, there's another topic for it :D mb

Posted

i googled horse locations and found horses several times , sometimes I nneeded to check several of the spots but I never even channel hopped to make it easier.

I have never played the game before this beta and it took me a while but I had no real issues.

Its also like a week's loyalty, you will live its not a big deal.

Get gud

The maps I used didn't correspond to the location on the screen when I tried to compare them. Fact is, I found the locations with in game help and regardless of how I tried, I simply either could not find a horse or by the time I did, someone else had it - or I just could not tame it even when following everything on queue. Just because you didn't have issues, it doesn't mean no one else did.

The reward of loyalty isn't even in question here, go read the event again on the first page and you'll see it also rewards an "exclusive" title...a title which effectively amounts to awarding detrimental gameplay instead of active and persistent testing of more important things, as a beta test should be for. Rewards should be given "after" the fact, for all participants who bothered to log in and stress the servers and report bugs - not for this nonsense - or simply not at all, so we can all focus on what matters.

It's pretty clear that this community is going to be a cesspool of arrogant snobs if the best you've got is "get gud" and "special snowflake", when it's fairly obvious that the mechanics of taming isn't favourable to people with less-than-brilliant internet, even when that internet meets the requirements of the game in question. I never got past the last part even though I timed everything spot on - and that's because the game is horrifically delayed on input when it shouldn't be.

Posted (edited)

The maps I used didn't correspond to the location on the screen when I tried to compare them. Fact is, I found the locations with in game help and regardless of how I tried, I simply either could not find a horse or by the time I did, someone else had it - or I just could not tame it even when following everything on queue. Just because you didn't have issues, it doesn't mean no one else did.

The reward of loyalty isn't even in question here, go read the event again on the first page and you'll see it also rewards an "exclusive" title...a title which effectively amounts to awarding detrimental gameplay instead of active and persistent testing of more important things, as a beta test should be for. Rewards should be given "after" the fact, for all participants who bothered to log in and stress the servers and report bugs - not for this nonsense - or simply not at all, so we can all focus on what matters.

It's pretty clear that this community is going to be a cesspool of arrogant snobs if the best you've got is "get gud" and "special snowflake", when it's fairly obvious that the mechanics of taming isn't favourable to people with less-than-brilliant internet, even when that internet meets the requirements of the game in question. I never got past the last part even though I timed everything spot on - and that's because the game is horrifically delayed on input when it shouldn't be.

I live in australia, I have a 200ms ping.

Now I'll complain about the massive rubberbanding when you sprint but I had 0 issue taming a horse.

It took me several tries due to not understanding the system but after watching a couple YouTube video I had no issue. The the maps I found on google did look a little different but I just figured out where they were and tried the ones away from starter zones.

There is a lot of titles in this game, I don't even know what one we get but I highly doubt I'll ever use it.

Edited by Babykin

Posted

Myabe they wanted us to test fishing and horse taming in particular ;) Or they just wanted to stress test servers, in which case we just would need to be online

Posted (edited)

For the Triathalon event, we aren't required to post anything, correct?  Both me and my bf completed it but we didn't see anywhere to post, nor did we see anything about how GMs would know we'd completed it.

Also, for those of you looking for easy horse taming, don't rely on the maps/guides that are out there.  I found a grand total of 3 horses in less than an hour by walking along the world borders toward the south of the map.  As far as I could tell, they don't spawn near roads or farms as often (maybe they do and they were just highly hunted) but I assure you... there were plenty of them roaming around the bottom of mountainsides and in the forests.  If I could find 3 during the last few hours of crunch time for this achievement to be done, I'm thinking there are many more out there to be found by looking places other than that one map site we all probably checked out for help.

Patience also helps with taming especially if you have bad internet/latency- I say this hoping to help others who have crappy internet like I do sometimes.  I was able to get close enough to a horse that I didn't even have to do the spacebar minigame as a part of taming.  It took me about 5 minutes of standing there and letting the horse pitter-patter back and forth but eventually he wandered close enough for me to lasso him and step in with my sugar cubes!

Anyway, if someone could please let me know how we'll be receiving the title/loyalty, I'd be appreciative.  Happy hunting and have fun in game at launch!!

Edited by Keiosha

Posted (edited)

I live in australia, I have a 200ms ping.

Now I'll complain about the massive rubberbanding when you sprint but I had 0 issue taming a horse.

It took me several tries due to not understanding the system but after watching a couple YouTube video I had no issue. The the maps I found on google did look a little different but I just figured out where they were and tried the ones away from starter zones.

There is a lot of titles in this game, I don't even know what one we get but I highly doubt I'll ever use it.

I have issues in sprinting too, not even sure what the precise deal is there. But I do have problems in combat sometimes as well, often heavy delays on kill animations or knockback or knockdown effects. With taming, my issue was mainly to do with either the initial mini-game after you lasso it, or the part where you walk in and it rears up.

In one instance, it would just snap for no reason, even when doing it right, the other was when it reared up it would not let the space command go through, even if it was spot on. I lost count of how many times I got to the point where it reared up right in front of me and stomped on me because the command failed to go in when it should've.

It's incredibly frustrating to waste a lot of hours on something with no signs of improvement, when you're doing everything you're meant to be doing as it appears on screen. It wasn't a question of me not doing good, it was simply not working for me when I clearly did things on queue.

As for the title, I haven't the faintest clue what it is exactly...and that's assuming it isn't a typo to begin with. But the fact is, if they're willing to gate content, even something small, behind a reward with a problematic thing like this, then what else will they do like it?

It'd be reasonable to say get two out of the three things in the list, but expecting an entire player base of pre-ordering people or those who got a freebie to achieve all of it was a bit much especially when you have no clue, or have less than perfect internet.

Myabe they wanted us to test fishing and horse taming in particular ;) Or they just wanted to stress test servers, in which case we just would need to be online

Considering this late in the development, it would've been both to stress test and bug test. They had plenty of time to test horse taming and fishing in the previous beta, they didn't need to repeat it again seeing as absolutely nothing really changed.

Edited by Teknykk

Posted (edited)

Okay, after reading through the posts and posts and more posts of people wailing on here that the horse game was "bugged"...  ...  ...   Seriously?

There is absolutely -nothing- bugged or wrong with horse taming, provided you do it the right way.  Youtube has some beautiful tutorials for those of you who couldn't get it working, and I really can't understand why you guys are sitting here crying "BUGGED!  BUGGED!" when, like everything else in this game, the information is out there for people who actually cared enough to look for it in order to get the title.  The GMs even gave you a link with a How-To that says (I QUOTE) "During part two of the mini game you will need to begin walking towards the horse.".  This ain't bugged, some of y'all just can't read.  Sorry, but that's the truth.

Lasso horse.  

WALK FORWARD WITH "W" UNTIL THE HORSE REARS UP.

4b285dd4de98709c7f1dcfeef2370132.png

72c5b93aa43dd1671fc8ff9e91f30eb6.png  < Rearing Horse Icon will appear above the "SPACE" button.

NOW:  Play space-bar minigame.  Win it.  Repeat from "W" key.  When action wheel appears on horse, choose to use an item and feed him the sugar cubes the how-to page told you to bring, OR take your chances and try to ride it without.

There was no bug.  It is working as far as I can tell perfectly.  You all just jumped to the conclusion that just because "SPACE" appeared on the screen, you didn't have to look at what the words around it said and instead just started spamming away... then cry it is broken.

Courtesy to Pvt Wiggles for the screencaps as I couldn't make my own with beta closed down now.  I'd suggest that people who still think this is bugged try it out on launch to see it works perfectly fine.

I should note:  this isn't in response to the person above me's post.  I too had latency issues with the spacebar on an attempt where I was also streaming (bandwidth consumption... yay).  I adapted and waited until the horse wandered close enough to tame that I was able to get one without a minigame.  Since it -was- a beta test, things like this should be brought to Daum's attention, but it didn't in any way stop the objective from being completed.

Edited by Keiosha
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Jouskaso I did the events in the beta. But I pre-orderd just today, so the samily name I had in beta is taken for live. Will I still get the rewards for doing the event ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Character name: GlintGoddess

Family name: Havens

2016-02-18_591642199.jpg

Posted

Did we really have to post for the Triathlon? It was not in the instruction.

Posted (edited)

Character Name: Trollsies

Family Name: Renko

http://imgur.com/Q3YEWuh

Plox

Edited by iPunchTrolls

Posted

OFF TOPIC :

YO, that screen res, my good!!! is it 1 screen or 2??? and whats the res on it D:

it says the resolution on the imgur title when you click on the picture - 3440 1440

those ultrawide monitors are nice

Posted (edited)

Why isn't this posted anywhere else, but the forums?! I'm very pissed that I don't get these titles now. I would've done all of the events, but no, they don't make an announcement on events or anything. You have a very angry costumer. At least give me the Master Baiter title.

Edited by Spoonmore

Posted

Dear Players,

thank you for participating in our events.

We are overwhelmed by the amount of participants in the fishing events. 
Titles of all past events will be provided by Launch day 3rd March. 

Once enabled, we will announce how and where to claim the title. This sort of distribution will be easier in the future when the service is up and running.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best regards

Ble

7 people like this