• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

help FPS boost tips?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, so i recently started playing black desert and i love it. I do have a low end pc and ive pretty much done everything i could do in game. (cropping, turn of this and that). I'm just wondering if theres anything i can do outside of bdo to boost my fps just a little. even if its just 5 or 10 id be happy with it. (I've gone in to power options select high performance already) I wont mind downloading something if it helps. Thank you very much. 

Posted

Try downloading more ram

Posted (edited)

Try downloading more ram

I didnt know that was possible, if it really is where would i do that. (pretty sure you're trolling lol)

Edited by Hyaeyo

Posted

I didnt know that was possible, if it really is where would i do that.

Which side of the US do you currently reside in? East Coast or West?

Posted

Which side of the US do you currently reside in? East Coast or West?

Im in the EU, Netherlands.

Posted

If you're using Windows, your best bet is to open Resource Monitor and keep cycling through the channels to find a channel that you have the lowest ping in, as believe it or not, ping can effect your FPS.

Posted

Goto your graphics card manager program, set it to Max Performance. Then look in its advanced settings, and switch several of them to "let game decide" (usually see this for FXAA, AntiAlias, etc)

Then start BDO. Open settings. Uncheck Improve Distance, SSAO, AntiAlias, Shadows, and show others particles. Then set to optimaztion mode.

Close BDO and restart.

also do you have an SSD or HDD and what windows version are you using?

Posted

Having a clean PC always helps and I don't mean just being free of viruses but also not having too much junk in your PC does help. All I have on my SSD is Window , Aion and Black desert all the other things are on another hard drive.

Posted (edited)

First, we need your specs + resolution, then we can give further advice

Edited by PsiGhost

Posted

Having a clean PC always helps and I don't mean just being free of viruses but also not having too much junk in your PC does help. All I have on my SSD is Window , Aion and Black desert all the other things are on another hard drive.

Knowing the differences between SSD and HDD also helps. (i.e. because you stated you had an SSD i would not give you a suggestion to defragment or clear/reset paging file) Versus an HHD mechanical drive comes with the old issues of fragmentation, which can cause loss in performance. 

This notebook actually has both and i installed the game on the HHD storage drive, and used Disktrix Ultimate Defrag to place the BDO folder at the beginning of the drive where seek and write times are the fastest, in alphabetical tree order. Something i need to redo, as patches are installed, file placement becomes scattered. SSDs dont really have this problem.

My paging file resides on the SSD but it is limited to a small size due to the capacity of RAM on the system, a large file is not needed. However on some systems with a standalone HHD, having a fragmented system plus a paging file can significantly decrease performance in file loads, and if data in the page file is corrupt, this can also lead to crashes. On windows 10 this is not supposed to be a problem anymore, but on Windows 7 and prior, this issue hasveen know to happen, which is why it is imperative that we know what OS is being ran.

Posted

Knowing the differences between SSD and HDD also helps. (i.e. because you stated you had an SSD i would not give you a suggestion to defragment or clear/reset paging file) Versus an HHD mechanical drive comes with the old issues of fragmentation, which can cause loss in performance. 

This notebook actually has both and i installed the game on the HHD storage drive, and used Disktrix Ultimate Defrag to place the BDO folder at the beginning of the drive where seek and write times are the fastest, in alphabetical tree order. Something i need to redo, as patches are installed, file placement becomes scattered. SSDs dont really have this problem.

My paging file resides on the SSD but it is limited to a small size due to the capacity of RAM on the system, a large file is not needed. However on some systems with a standalone HHD, having a fragmented system plus a paging file can significantly decrease performance in file loads, and if data in the page file is corrupt, this can also lead to crashes. On windows 10 this is not supposed to be a problem anymore, but on Windows 7 and prior, this issue hasveen know to happen, which is why it is imperative that we know what OS is being ran.

Good points. Just wanted to point out that fragmentation happens because of the file system that the medium is formatted into and the way it chooses to write data on it, and has nothing to do with the techonlogy of the medium itself (SSD/HDD). It's just that SSD technology is so fast at reading and writting data compared to a mecjanical HDD, so that it renders fragmentation non observable to user. 

Posted (edited)

Im not sure why you're quoting me on this .... i don't need you to tell me the differences. You're trying to tell me that I shouldnt defrag my SSD I don't even know where you gathered that I remotely thought that was an option . I said keeping a CLEAN PC ... where did you get that I said you should defrag your SSD T_T

Maybe its just the way you write that seems that you imply that im stupid or maybe you're literaly being a (know it all person)

Edited by BBgone
1 person likes this

Posted

oh no, i believe you misinterpret my use of quote...i wasn't doing so to call out your post as if you were wrong, I was doing so to add notes to your notes. And I was speaking to the general reader, not necessarily "back at you". ^_^

Posted

Open Task Manager

Click on the Details Tab

Right click on Black Desert Online and set priority from "normal" to "high"

This will have to be done each time the client is open, however.

Posted (edited)

If you're using Windows, your best bet is to open Resource Monitor and keep cycling through the channels to find a channel that you have the lowest ping in, as believe it or not, ping can effect your FPS.

I would be tempted to say its more the channel activity / load that is related to fps, but its sure connected.

last day i was in on of the first channel ( with the most ppl in it ) and at a farm spot i had like 70-75fps, then i switched to another less populated channel and my fps went back to 90+...

:|

Good points. Just wanted to point out that fragmentation happens because of the file system that the medium is formatted into and the way it chooses to write data on it, and has nothing to do with the techonlogy of the medium itself (SSD/HDD). It's just that SSD technology is so fast at reading and writting data compared to a mecjanical HDD, so that it renders fragmentation non observable to user. 

not saying that on win10 you have a weekly tash to defragment your hard drive

Edited by woots

Posted

I am on Windows 8 (i know horrible) But i heard so many bad things about window 10 im not sure if its really better. please let me know. And how do i find out wether i have SSD or HDD, i'm not really very formiliar with the names as i am not very smart pc wise.  

Posted

In all honesty you are better off going up to windows 10 or down to 7 ultimate. Though I dont recommend the upgrade to 10, but rather a clean fresh install of 10 or 7U

Windows Drive Optimizer (formerly called Disk Defragmenter) reports whether a drive is HDD or SSD. You can access this utility by pressing the Windows key, searching for optimize, and selecting Defragment and optimize your drives.

(source) 

Posted

In all honesty you are better off going up to windows 10 or down to 7 ultimate. Though I dont recommend the upgrade to 10, but rather a clean fresh install of 10 or 7U

(source) 

My boyfriend says ive got HDD. How do i make sure i dont lose everything if i go back to windows 7

Posted (edited)

That is merely a process of backing up your important files that you wish to keep, music, pictures, video, documents, etc.

Personally I love 7ult, but, i bit the bullet and went upto 10....it takes a little while but it grows on you pretty quickly

Edited by Andaro

Posted (edited)

I am on Windows 8 (i know horrible) But i heard so many bad things about window 10 im not sure if its really better. please let me know.

cant really tell about win8 i skipped that OS.

But win10 is pretty good once you spend quite some time cleaning

- all crap app that come with win10 ( with powershell )

- disable many useless services ( all xbox - phone - virtual thing - spying service.. etc )

- disable all spying thing via regedit

- so disable somes pointless task

- turn off many thing in the option pannel regarding background solftware - privacy

- configuring the win update to not have automatic download + install

there is enough site / forum telling you how to do all that

The only win10 issue is that it come with SO freaking many crap you have to clean / remove / disable. But once its done its a solid computer OS that work very well. After all that, i'am pretty happy with it, and dont really miss win7. ( + win10 is way lighter, and games are without much doubt smoother with win10, you dont gain fps, but its smoother )

Edited by woots

Posted

That is merely a process of backing up your important files that you wish to keep, music, pictures, video, documents, etc.

Personally I love 7ult, but, i bit the bullet and went upto 10....it takes a little while but it grows on you pretty quickly

Ill surely think about going to 10..

cant really tell about win8 i skipped that OS.

But win10 is pretty good once you spend quite some time cleaning

- all crap app that come with win10 ( with powershell )

- disable many useless services ( all xbox - phone - virtual thing - spying service.. etc )

- disable all spying thing via regedit

- so disable somes pointless task

- turn off many thing in the option pannel regarding background solftware - privacy

- configuring the win update to not have automatic download + install

there is enough site / forum telling you how to do all that

The only win10 issue is that it come with SO freaking many crap you have to clean / remove / disable. But once its done its a solid computer OS that work very well. After all that, i'am pretty happy with it, and dont really miss win7. ( + win10 is way lighter, and games are without much doubt smoother with win10, you dont gain fps, but its smoother )

Sounds like ALOT of work but if it's worth it in the end i might just do it soon enough. 

Posted

Hey guys, so i recently started playing black desert and i love it. I do have a low end pc and ive pretty much done everything i could do in game. (cropping, turn of this and that). I'm just wondering if theres anything i can do outside of bdo to boost my fps just a little. even if its just 5 or 10 id be happy with it. (I've gone in to power options select high performance already) I wont mind downloading something if it helps. Thank you very much. 

follow the advices given, and if it fails, save for a new pc.. 

Posted

you should have check the games spec before buying it, this game is not made for low end PC. Its a game made for high end PC, mean to be played in max setting like The Witcher 3 ( and those who play in low - medium please dont bother me with your shit, to really enjoy a games you need to play on Ultra, the games is so beautiful that its a waste to play it on low setting )

Posted

My boyfriend says ive got HDD. How do i make sure i dont lose everything if i go back to windows 7

upgrade to an alienware

Posted (edited)

you should have check the games spec before buying it, this game is not made for low end PC. Its a game made for high end PC, mean to be played in max setting like The Witcher 3 ( and those who play in low - medium please dont bother me with your shit, to really enjoy a games you need to play on Ultra, the games is so beautiful that its a waste to play it on low setting )

I can apreciate games without needing to play it on ultra. If i enjoy the gameplay i dont see the problem in a little less beauty, i dont ask for 60 fps i can play on 30 without a problem. Not everyone is so fortunate to be able to buy a high end pc because of other expenses. I didn't bother you with anything you clicked on this. If i remember correctly you wanted to get the game for me because you believed 10 euros was alot for me. But thank you for your response. 

Edited by Hyaeyo