• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

is it normal to lose 5 energy milking cows

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I milk 10 cows today and lost 50 energy doing it i though it was one not 5 did something change?

Posted

I milk 10 cows today and lost 50 energy doing it i though it was one not 5 did something change?

No, it costs 5 energy per milk. Even if you fail.

Posted

5 energy if you succeed, 2 if you fail. That's why milk is always sold out when someone is dumb enough to sell it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ezz change cooking trash tokens to get milk and dont spend energy

Posted

Ezz change cooking trash tokens to get milk and dont spend energy

If you need a lot of milk for mass production, that wont be enough. Not even close. When I cook a big batch of something like x800-1000 foods, I get max 35-50 milk from tokens.

Best is placing 1-2 alts near the cow place and use their daily energy on milking, since gathering level doesn't matter.

Posted

5 energy if you succeed, 2 if you fail. That's why milk is always sold out when someone is dumb enough to sell it.

The only exception I can think of to this is if you have a fence and plant a haysack and then harvest from the cow :c then you get milk and meat... I think something else as well? but can't remember xD.

Posted

The only exception I can think of to this is if you have a fence and plant a haysack and then harvest from the cow :c then you get milk and meat... I think something else as well? but can't remember xD.

You also get Ox Hide. You always get 20-40 milk and you may randomly (and not that often) get meat and hide. I got 9 cows and get 120-130 milk per harvest, maybe even more. I use  the best (blue) quality haystacks.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you need a lot of milk for mass production, that wont be enough. Not even close. When I cook a big batch of something like x800-1000 foods, I get max 35-50 milk from tokens.

Best is placing 1-2 alts near the cow place and use their daily energy on milking, since gathering level doesn't matter.

Posted

There are 3 places with daily milk quests that I use, Bain and Falres Farm near Calpheon, and near Wales Farm in Olvia, extra 30 milk per day adds up. I think there is also another in Mediah but the lvl req was like 50, and I don't really lvl alts.

Posted

NInja'd what I was about to say. (✿◡‿◡)

1 person likes this

Posted

Just cook 100k beers and you have milk for days. (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

the question is, does it lso give 5x xp. id gladly milk cows to dup energy if it did

Posted

I use 4 farms with haystacks on it, and get 50-60 milk per harvest from 1 with a special proc of 120-150 every now and then. There are always better ways to do things (the special proc depends on farming rank, get to proffessional and they will start comin

Posted

the question is, does it lso give 5x xp. id gladly milk cows to dup energy if it did

Milking does not give exp unfortunately, it does not help you level your character or your gathering, its strictly energy for milk. The daily quests that give some additional milk do give gathering exp as a reward, but it doesn't really matter to me because I have alts doing the gathering, not my main character who is the gatherer.

Basically imo, the best way to gather milk is to station 3 alts at Bains, Falres, and Wales Farm, and just log on every day to milk 5 times each character (a day's worth of offline alt energy), while claiming the extra daily 10 milk at each location. Each milking gives around 5-10 milk in my experience, so milk production should equal to about 130-140 milk per day.

If you want to cook in any significant amount, this much milk production is pretty much nothing, so I'm really just hoarding my milk until I really really need it

Posted

Milking does not give exp unfortunately, it does not help you level your character or your gathering, its strictly energy for milk. The daily quests that give some additional milk do give gathering exp as a reward, but it doesn't really matter to me because I have alts doing the gathering, not my main character who is the gatherer.

Basically imo, the best way to gather milk is to station 3 alts at Bains, Falres, and Wales Farm, and just log on every day to milk 5 times each character (a day's worth of offline alt energy), while claiming the extra daily 10 milk at each location. Each milking gives around 5-10 milk in my experience, so milk production should equal to about 130-140 milk per day.

If you want to cook in any significant amount, this much milk production is pretty much nothing, so I'm really just hoarding my milk until I really really need it

derp. And what about those milk farms

Posted

It was never only 1. It was always 5 energy per milking.

Posted

Wow no jokes about kakao and milking in this thread. Not sure if I'm impressed or disappointed.

Posted

Wow no jokes about kakao and milking in this thread. Not sure if I'm impressed or disappointed.

Till your comment we were doing just great!  :P 

It was going to happen eventually...  :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I lose all my energy when kakao milks me :/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0