• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New to game (class choice help)

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys,

I'm new to this game and need some help picking which class to play for the long term.

I enjoy acrobatic melee style combat but want to try out the professions as well.

I'm looking for a class that isn't extremely hard to play / complex skill combos but still would like to be usefull in pvp (I have found in some games without those you may not fare so well in pvp)

Can you guys suggest anything?

Resonater

Posted

Warrior is your class. Good in PVP. Its easy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Warrior, hit 56 and go easy mode on people with greatsword

But pre awakening you need to do skill animations cancels and some combos for movement speed. Cant escape the combos and animation cancels in this game, just gotta learn them and accept them. But yeah warrior is easy mode for everything, grind is kinda boring though since you only use 2 skills for PVE with greatsword (gravedigger and jump slash thingy)

Blader would be another OP and easy choice since the dash is easy movement and awakening is AOE for PvP easy mode and PVE easy mode with little gear score needed. I really think blader would be better for you.

Posted

Try them all and play with which ever you find the most enjoyable. Simple as that imho.

Posted

Try them all and play with which ever you find the most enjoyable. Simple as that imho.

Waste of time, you really need to start on a class and accept rewards and stuff on the character you are gonna play

So he needs to get started on the closest thing to what he wants to play and not make mistakes on. 

Posted

Warrior and ranger. Ranger since you like acrobats. Best ez mode PvP classes in game.

Posted

Valkyrie so you had sense of challenge and struggle of classes.

Posted

Valkyrie for hardmode

Posted

If you like acrobatic melee with simple combos then Musa or Maehwa will probably suit your style.  Fast gameplay, uses a sword and uses mostly one or two combos to be very effective.  At this stage of the game, probably Musa is the more effective class, especially when it comes to awakening.  They're both pretty similar, but generally, Musa is more AOE oriented and Maehwa is more single-target oriented, but I haven't found I feel like I lack for skills with either.  Depends on what you like.  They are, of course, split by gender.

If you would prefer a few more combos, then another very acrobatic class is Ninja or Kunoichi, but they're having a few issues at the moment with regards mostly to PvP.  I find them very strong in PvE, so depends on what you want to focus on.  They are more complex than Musa and Maehwa, but really fun to play.  Will be getting awakening second last, so you will have time to learn them before that happens.

Ranger is also acrobatic, but mainly ranged, at least until 56 when you get your awakening, which is melee based (ish).  

Professions you can do on any class, but I would quickly test out several classes before starting as you want to focus your time here.  I ended up with a few high level professions on a character I never play anymore, but am unwilling to throw them out to clear the character slot because I spent so much time levelling their professions until I've caught up with my other characters - frustrating to say the least.

Hope this is helpful :)

Posted

Weeezaarrddd.

Posted

ranger for ez and op mode

warrior for op mode

Posted

ranger for ez and op mode

warrior for op mode

lul play a ranger under 180 ap and see how op it is. 

Posted (edited)

lul play a ranger under 180 ap and see how op it is.

depends on the DP. but play with anything sub 180 ap and same DP as the ranger and see how that goes. also who has sub 180 ap? this is not an option you don't play the game if you have sub 180 ap this day and age. you are an in-active RPer

Edited by mad

Posted

Hey welcome to black desert!

I encourage you to watch some videos and even ask a few streamers on twitch. I don't play anymore but i will say that all of the melee classes feel fun to play. Currently warriors awakening damage hits really hard without having to have extremely high gear score, and the class has great mobility. But play what you like! Don't just go for the most op class right away you can always change later!

Posted

Would have suggested Musa aka Blader. Fast paced melee class with good farming potential (one of the best awakenings), cool skills that arent super hard to combo and can switch to dual wield for a short period of time that makes u go ham on mobs.

Posted

Warrior are overpowered and easy to play 

U could try that but there is a risk it get nerfed soon 

Posted

Warrior for ez mode, Ranger mroe skilled than warrior, but strogn and acrobatic as well, but i'd go warrior, can't go wrong with 360° cc inmunity.

Posted

Hi guys,

I'm new to this game and need some help picking which class to play for the long term.

I enjoy acrobatic melee style combat but want to try out the professions as well.

I'm looking for a class that isn't extremely hard to play / complex skill combos but still would like to be usefull in pvp (I have found in some games without those you may not fare so well in pvp)

Can you guys suggest anything?

Resonater

button_mashing_by_queen_and_azriel.jpg