• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node level and knowledge rank test

144 posts in this topic

Posted

I bet if this bug affect Pearl shop they would have replied multiple times and hotfixed it same day.  What a bunch of dicks.

Click bait might work aye.

Any progress on this topic? Or have you guys actually check it out?

@PM_Jouska@CM_Aethon@CM_Praballo

Posted

Click bait might work aye.

Any progress on this topic? Or have you guys actually check it out?

@PM_Jouska@CM_Aethon@CM_Praballo

I'm always down for some click bait. I walked into the office break room for a trusty energy drink and found out PM_Jouska had...

Stolen the last one with a supremely smug look on his face. Jerk.

On a more serious note, this was certainly an interesting read and the clean documentation presented in the OP will be passed along to our team. Thanks for the tag guys!

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Pirates may be one of the worst things to test on, their loot table is huge.
Retest on mobs with smaller loot table.

nice one though!

I'm always down for some click bait. I walked into the office break room for a trusty energy drink and found out PM_Jouska had...

Hidden Content

Should have taken the dragon, might have made it to the fridge before home boy Jouska did!
That being said, I'm not sure what type of mount Jouska uses :/

Edited by War

Posted

On a more serious note, this was certainly an interesting read and the clean documentation presented in the OP will be passed along to our team. Thanks for the tag guys!

Now you know damn well this has been brought up before. Jouska himself knew about this issue at launch. Stop paying lip service..

Posted

Can we get somebody to test a place that is not pirates for rarity of drops. Currently all the tests I have seen are of pirates and that is not going to be a valuable test in this case because the game doesn't know the difference between a green trade item drop and a green weapon drop or a green 1mil scroll drop... I would really like to see more data on crescents instead of just trash and silver...

Posted

This is what I call awesome feedback of the best kind. OP you did an excellent job on this, and I commend you for your work! Great Job!
It is *this* kinda of absolute feedback that helps the game and its community in the best way, for a positive brighter future.

*Thumbs Up* ^_^ & Thank you!

Posted

2 months for a GM to acknowledge this thread and reply to it. Feelsbadman.

4 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

Pleasure. I love this game but uncertainty in our investment spoils the fun.  Looking forward to progress report on this topic.

2 months for a GM to acknowledge this thread and reply to it. Feelsbadman.

ikr. But hey at least a respond finally. We'll see what happens next.

Posted

Pleasure. I love this game but uncertainty in our investment spoils the fun.  Looking forward to progress report on this topic.

ikr. But hey at least a respond finally. We'll see what happens next.

At this rate the issue will be resolved within the next 10 months.

Just as a reminder: people at PA don't speak english at all. Even if the info finally gets to their desk, they won't have any clue what those stupid europeans are complaining about again.

Posted

At this rate the issue will be resolved within the next 10 months.

Just as a reminder: people at PA don't speak english at all. Even if the info finally gets to their desk, they won't have any clue what those stupid europeans are complaining about again.

Haha. 10 months. I see what u did there Nouver. I think things will speed up if enough people complain.

Posted

This is my information pirates S rank currently I tried not to clutter to much so i cut and pasted the weapon and armor stones from the w/h i had them stored in to save some room on the page. Turns out i did not need to. This was an old picture i am up to 64000 bandannas currently closing in on the 135,000 mark. Surprisingly still no Red Coral earring.

iLocUgU.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Just flying by to bump the issue :)

Posted

Greetings All,

First off we'd like to thank everyone involved in the detailed testing, well written posts, and of course sharing your data. We've looked into the concerns expressed here, in addition to speaking directly with the developers regarding the effect of node levels, in which they have confirmed the mechanic is working correctly.

4 people like this

Posted

Greetings All,

First off we'd like to thank everyone involved in the detailed testing, well written posts, and of course sharing your data. We've looked into the concerns expressed here, in addition to speaking directly with the developers regarding the effect of node levels, in which they have confirmed the mechanic is working correctly.

Could we talk with numbers :( ?

yeah the mechanic is working correctly but I don't know if is a .00001% or 1% the mechanic drop buff

do you know guys? 

Posted

Greetings All,

Any chance we could get an official definition of what "the mechanic is working correctly" means? In other words, officially - what is node energy investment officially intended to do?  This would squish a lot of assumptions and gray area found even in this thread.  Thanks

9 people like this

Posted

I notice it working for my workers, but never me.

Posted

Any chance we could get an official definition of what "the mechanic is working correctly" means? In other words, officially - what is node energy investment officially intended to do?  This would squish a lot of assumptions and gray area found even in this thread.  Thanks

Trixie, you know that is pretty much what jouska said about rng stats, and other technical queries. After being proven wrong a few times they just stopped answering. A long while back a GM said some functions of the node system did not work and never have worked. Player testing has showed some parts are broken. Perhaps the intended function of the node system is to provide an energy sink without doing anything, then yes its WAI.

Posted

I've been playing this game since launch, and I find it very frustrating how little we actually know about a lot of the stats we progress in terms of how they actually affect the game-play. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings All,

Greetings @CM_Aethon,

Second off, I'd like to ask how exactly level 4 node with 0 s-rank knowledge giving more than level 10 with s-rank is "working correctly". Could you perhaps ask PA that tiny detail? Because last time I checked, S-rank is supposed to give you MORE rare stuff and node level increase chance of trash items + % chance for rare items, according to interviews from early into the game with Jouska when he had talked with PA. According to the data here, this isn't what's happening. 

Posted (edited)

Greetings @CM_Aethon,

Second off, I'd like to ask how exactly level 4 node with 0 s-rank knowledge giving more than level 10 with s-rank is "working correctly". Could you perhaps ask PA that tiny detail? Because last time I checked, S-rank is supposed to give you MORE rare stuff and node level increase chance of trash items + % chance for rare items, according to interviews from early into the game with Jouska when he had talked with PA. According to the data here, this isn't what's happening. 

How? Well I'll tell you. It's simple. It's so simple you'll get angry by hearing or reading these 3 next letters. R-N-G. By the way, you're wrong. S rank doesn't give MORE rare stuff. Noone confirmed this. This was just some idiot who spread a rumor from the start of launch and everyone accepts this with no source or numbers to back it up. Now if you were to say S increases your damage you'd have something there worth testing.

Edited by jarvs

Posted

WORKING AS INTENDED xD

I knew that was the response we'd get even though it's clearly broken like so many things...at the same time I couldn't help myself from hoping...maybe this time...and I'm once again let down by this game, it's publisher, and it's developer

Posted

Ah well at least we tried.

Posted (edited)

Working as intended but clearly not worth it, that's the problem. The system needs a rework with CLEAR rewards for each tier, for example, instead of RNG bs that it may work or not how about increasing the exp of that area for each level (10% at max level or even 5 if it's too much)? Or the amount of trash loot? There are plenty of things you could do with node levels tbh... 

Still Aethon thank you very much for asking developers regarding our concerns :) 

Edited by LordBrasca

Posted (edited)

How? Well I'll tell you. It's simple. It's so simple you'll get angry by hearing or reading these 3 next letters. R-N-G. By the way, you're wrong. S rank doesn't give MORE rare stuff. Noone confirmed this. This was just some idiot who spread a rumor from the start of launch and everyone accepts this with no source or numbers to back it up. Now if you were to say S increases your damage you'd have something there worth testing.

Wrong ^^. https://youtu.be/whELC6aEOrQ?t=20m50s 

"Official statement from the developers" is quite darn as "official" and "confirmed" as it'll ever get ^^ :). @jarvs
Also, for ranks, https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4wu8kz/as_rank_on_worldfield_bosses/ 

Edited by aidlac
As I said, edited once I found the video.

Posted

Hi guys, I've a fun theory about the rare drops. 

Well for the story (and sorry for my weak english) :

I've played from release till mid-July, 95% was grinding on spot where rare can drop around 5h/day. Was around 1loot/day at hex/mos/helm/elric. (Node 6+, no rank) Until pirates, where I gone to 0.5 loot/hour from 55 to 57. (Node 10, rank S all mobs)

Then at Valencia spent all my 57-58 to basilics and crescent. Got 2 of each. (Node 10, rank S on all)

Got nothin bosses (done them everytime I could) got only one liverto. (S rank on kzarka/bheg)

Got back in the game 28 of december.

Same amount of time allowed, replace pirates by gahaz :

4 crescent, 1 basilik, 3 serap, 5 ancient core, 1 dande, 1 nouver, 1 bheg, 2 kutum and like 10+ liv/awak/mos in only 3 weeks; all node were resetted, unconnected. And even no rank for karanda, nouver or khutum, but kamasylve was ON

Sooooooo, what if ... the less you play or the more you log off, the more you loot ?

End of my fun fact. Pls don't take this theory too seriously.