• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - November 2nd

195 posts in this topic

Posted

Remember remember the 5th of Nouvember 

Posted

So one of my crystals broke in the arena, from my understanding, crystals dont break in the arena @CM_Aethon @GM_Dew @GM_Caramel @CM_Praballo @PM_Jouska

We currently have an issue that causes a delay of "Crystal broken" messages when dieing.

What this means is that if you died from a monster and a crystal got destroyed, it may not immediately show the red message telling you that the crystal is broken.
However, when you die again after that, in arena for example, the message will show up.

So you did not actually lose a crystal in arena. You lost it before that, but just the message is showing up delayed.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

GM Dew Time Wizzo Confirmed.

Posted

but i didnt do any grinding during the day  @GM_Dew

Posted

but i didnt do any grinding during the day  @GM_Dew

If you want you can send in a ticket and we'll be able to check in our logs when you lost the crystal.

Best regards,
GM Dew

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'd love to take the chair I'm sitting on at the moment and slap everyones face with it who is complaining about the 2x free boss gear. I can't believe people can be this ungrateful. I hope Kakao knows that majority of players were really happy about the attendance event, ignore those little whiny spoiled children. :)

Edited by Tulpa

Posted

A brand new event will be coming on the 4th of November, if you’ve got a creative itch that needs to be scratched the ‘Picture the Seasons’ event is for you! Help create a calendar for 2017 full of awesome memories from Black Desert Online. Check our event page for more information on the 4th

Soo, is this coming today? I'm kinda curious to find out more. ^_^ 

Posted

thanks for the second red nose armor.....

now i can sell 2 shits instead of 1...

Posted (edited)

^ definition of entitled

en·ti·tled
inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective

1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. The key word is inherently. What does inherently mean? 
    in·her·ent
    inˈhirənt,inˈherənt/
    adjective

1. existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.
      "any form of mountaineering has its inherent dangers"
      synonyms:intrinsicinnateimmanentbuilt-in, indwelling, inborningraineddeep-rootedMore

• LAW
        vested in (someone) as a right or privilege.

I'll finish explaining, now. If you are actually capable of understanding the connection between the above definitions and words, you'll recognize that entitlement entails a right or benefit regardless of any form of labor. Feel free to reference any of the above words included in the above. This is the difference between knowing wtf you are talking about and just assuming that you know wtf you are talking about. Therefore, if you labor for 5+ months and are not rewarded, dissatisfaction has little to do with the word "entitlement." It's more the matter of reasonable expectations and equally reasonable disappointment with the results. Whether you like it or not, people are fully capable and justified in being upset with a system of rng without entitlement being the root cause. Note that if "reasonable effort" is not made to accomplish a task then entitlement may occur. If you do not believe any amount of effort is reasonable for a desired outcome then you're going to run the risk of suggesting that people act entitled no matter how much time and actual work they put in for their desired outcome. If you're laid off from your job in Canada, you are required to submit documented proof that you have made reasonable effort to find a job prior to receiving unemployment. You're not entitled to unemployment, you must first illustrate reasonable effort. Consider context as well. We're not discussing unemployment and feeling that everyone is entitled to a job if they put out a resume. This is because jobs in a given field, at a given time and location are finite. Drops in a video game are not finite. I state this point, because expectations can either be reasonable or unreasonable based on context. Expecting that you are the most qualified person out of 500 applicants for one job and believing that it SHOULD have been you who was hired, because there's no way anyone else works any harder than you do or deserves it more is entitlement. Reasonable expectation in the context of a video game is no where near as complicated as  the job sector.  My original post already stated that if you don't like how the game operates, you can stop paying the company or simply leave. You can still hate people who get upset for believing they're less fortunate than others, opposed to entitled. I have no argument against that position that I care to type.

The point is that there's a difference between working toward a goal in an MMO for 5+ months and only working toward a goal for 5 days. This game emphasizes RNG over effort, but still requires effort to overcome RNG. A reasonable amount of effort to overcome rng mechanics should be considered when you're going to state that a person is acting entitled or that the person just has terrible luck. We could argue over why a developer should address reasonable effort criticisms in order to increase their overall profits if you like. There are plenty of good reasons to reward "reasonable effort" that in no way requires moral beliefs. 

"You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting (rekt)." - A Knight's Tale. See me again when you are worthy, FarmerGiels. I'll be waiting and rubbing butter on my nipples in the mean time.

Edited by Viktorija

Posted

Why was my post remove :P?????????

Posted

What did the original post say, Whateer?

Posted (edited)

Why is it so hard for the developers to figure out how to balance classes?

Edited by Zacorra

Posted (edited)

Were any changes made to Pila Ku Jail?
The Exp from the mobs appears to have dropped considerably.

Thank you.

Edited by Hoobs

Posted

5 days and still can't log in to the Alustin server .. WTF ! ..

Posted (edited)

What did the original post say, Whateer?

oh :) it was a silly comment

someone replied to the person who lost their crystals in supposedly an arena fight: "Git gud"

I then replied to that person's comment saying "LUL! For a second I thought that was a GM's reply." which I really thought at the moment xD

I guess it was not contributing to the discussion so they removed it :)

Edited by Whateer

Posted

Can I just get new costumes/outfits for my witch :3 The Karin outfit was nice but I want more >_<

Posted

PLS GOTHA RENSA FOR RANGERS

And Zerkers pls.

1 person likes this

Posted

New patch notes or RIOT

Posted (edited)

No patch notes for the 09th...can't log in yet...does this mean compensation black stone?...xD

Edited by Mewling
Cause i messed up?

Posted

en·ti·tled
inˈtīdld,enˈtīdld/
adjective

1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. The key word is inherently. What does inherently mean? 
    in·her·ent
    inˈhirənt,inˈherənt/
    adjective

1. existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.
      "any form of mountaineering has its inherent dangers"
      synonyms:intrinsicinnateimmanentbuilt-in, indwelling, inborningraineddeep-rootedMore

• LAW
        vested in (someone) as a right or privilege.

I'll finish explaining, now. If you are actually capable of understanding the connection between the above definitions and words, you'll recognize that entitlement entails a right or benefit regardless of any form of labor. Feel free to reference any of the above words included in the above. This is the difference between knowing wtf you are talking about and just assuming that you know wtf you are talking about. Therefore, if you labor for 5+ months and are not rewarded, dissatisfaction has little to do with the word "entitlement." It's more the matter of reasonable expectations and equally reasonable disappointment with the results. Whether you like it or not, people are fully capable and justified in being upset with a system of rng without entitlement being the root cause. Note that if "reasonable effort" is not made to accomplish a task then entitlement may occur. If you do not believe any amount of effort is reasonable for a desired outcome then you're going to run the risk of suggesting that people act entitled no matter how much time and actual work they put in for their desired outcome. If you're laid off from your job in Canada, you are required to submit documented proof that you have made reasonable effort to find a job prior to receiving unemployment. You're not entitled to unemployment, you must first illustrate reasonable effort. Consider context as well. We're not discussing unemployment and feeling that everyone is entitled to a job if they put out a resume. This is because jobs in a given field, at a given time and location are finite. Drops in a video game are not finite. I state this point, because expectations can either be reasonable or unreasonable based on context. Expecting that you are the most qualified person out of 500 applicants for one job and believing that it SHOULD have been you who was hired, because there's no way anyone else works any harder than you do or deserves it more is entitlement. Reasonable expectation in the context of a video game is no where near as complicated as  the job sector.  My original post already stated that if you don't like how the game operates, you can stop paying the company or simply leave. You can still hate people who get upset for believing they're less fortunate than others, opposed to entitled. I have no argument against that position that I care to type.

The point is that there's a difference between working toward a goal in an MMO for 5+ months and only working toward a goal for 5 days. This game emphasizes RNG over effort, but still requires effort to overcome RNG. A reasonable amount of effort to overcome rng mechanics should be considered when you're going to state that a person is acting entitled or that the person just has terrible luck. We could argue over why a developer should address reasonable effort criticisms in order to increase their overall profits if you like. There are plenty of good reasons to reward "reasonable effort" that in no way requires moral beliefs. 

"You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting (rekt)." - A Knight's Tale. See me again when you are worthy, FarmerGiels. I'll be waiting and rubbing butter on my nipples in the mean time.

^ More proof of said entitlement. Lol.