• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why does almost every female outfit have high heels?

133 posts in this topic

Posted

To be fair, a woman who is a heavy heels user will most likely be very uncomfortable in flat shoes.

And you picked a character who wears high heels with her underwear.

Not denying that first part, but why should they be forced to be a heavy heels user in the first place??

Also, does she actually?? But even if that was the point, why would I then assume she has only 3 to 4 pairs of flat shoes to choose from, ever??

Plum used to also have flat footed gear. But they changed them over to high heels as well. Something to do with making their life easier since most of the outfits had heels. 

Ehhh???? But why??  That just seems lazy on their part :'|

Posted

Decorum!

Posted

Becuase they are sexy and slutty?

Posted

My point was : if you can't roleplay a sexy elf that obviously is more confortable in heels since she prefers them to sleepers, why not go tamer? The alternative was there from the start. There is no reason to say that they don't count.

That said, i play a ranger and the highest heels i got are the Bern ones. Which is very wearable and wouldn't qualify as "high". Other clothes are Life costume and don't have any heels.

Sorceress basic shoes are flat too. But I agree the gap between potato sack and naked costumes is a bit hard to swallow there.

Posted

I totally agree - I want some nice looking boots with some form of heel but ultimately I want to kick some arse and high heels are patently ridiculous for this.

These are close:

bdo-lahr-arcien-sorc-costume-2.jpg

But they would be better if it had a squarer heel like a bigger version of this:

bdo-canape-sorc-costume-2.jpg

(Thanks http://bdo.mmo-fashion.com/ for the images!)

Posted

I dont find heels "sexy"... so i would like more flat footed shoes as well

Posted (edited)

My point was : if you can't roleplay a sexy elf that obviously is more confortable in heels since she prefers them to sleepers, why not go tamer? The alternative was there from the start. There is no reason to say that they don't count.

That said, i play a ranger and the highest heels i got are the Bern ones. Which is very wearable and wouldn't qualify as "high". Other clothes are Life costume and don't have any heels.

I like the combat style of ranger. I chose her for that.

Also, how is it obvious she's more comfortable in xx over xx?? Nowhere explicitly does it say that? Is that not just making an assumption? If it is my character, and I decide to give her whatever personality I wish, who are you to say "obviously they like high heels"? I thought the main point of creating a character was freedom of choice? (to clarify this wasn't meant to be in an attacking tone but I seem really conceited here but that wasn't my intent whatsoever and I apologize if I came off as such.)

I want more flat shoed options. I'm not asking for any of the current heels to be removed, or saying they shouldn't exist.

Also, I said "tamer doesn't count" because she actually has some wide options of either style of shoe. Actually, I might be tempted to argue she doesn't have ENOUGH heel options.

I totally agree - I want some nice looking boots with some form of heel but ultimately I want to kick some arse and high heels are patently ridiculous for this.

These are close:

But they would be better if it had a squarer heel like a bigger version of this:

I'd love those boots with a squarer heel, honestly. 

I'd like the arch of the high heel to be smaller but at least if its a square chunk it's better than being a little stick. I just think It'd look better. 

Edited by Teacow
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

why this. Why can't I have a costume I find nice looking that doesn't make me cringe when I think about fighting in those shoes. Or why don't they have a toggle or something, I dunno. Different shoe options that wont make you break your ankle when you step in a pothole.

Actually, it would requires to redo all female meshes to adapt the stance, else knees position would feel awkward (now why they do meshes with high heels to begin with is another debate). Imagine the Valkyrie unsheathed idle stance without high heels to get an idea.

But a lot of games manage to successfully "hide" it (or not) with wedge shoes, Cook's outfit being a good example.

Edited by Suh

Posted

the model in the character creation. naked with basis underwear, she wears high heels.

freedom of choice with premade character, no gender change possibility, locked bone structure etc...? maybe you have to adapt to the char and not the opposite in this game.

And be honest, the issue is not with the shoes, they are assorted to the rest of the outfits, it's just that the whole outfits are mostly awful. Which is a relief for the wallet.

Posted

Actually, it would requires to redo all female meshes to adapt the stance, else knees position would feel awkward (now why they do meshes with high heels to begin with is another debate)

but don't they have a very small amount of non heeled shoes and still make it work??

Posted

Skeleton is high heeled, you would notice that whatever flat shoe there is for it does not reveal ankle. If you look closer you notice the bending point for ankle is higher then it should. Because the feet are still high heeled there just that bulk of shoe obscures it.

Making it flat would be a lot of work for them.

Posted

freedom of choice with premade character, no gender change possibility, locked bone structure etc...? maybe you have to adapt to the char and not the opposite in this game.

And be honest, the issue is not with the shoes, they are assorted to the rest of the outfits, it's just that the whole outfits are mostly awful. Which is a relief for the wallet.

Yeah. To be fair, I went into this game thinking I could work with it. I can work with body builds, but I'm really picky when it comes to outfits. 

And hey at least we have something we agree on lol, a lot of the outfits generally look bad. Again, that could just be because I am picky haha

Skeleton is high heeled, you would notice that whatever flat shoe there is for it does not reveal ankle. If you look closer you notice the bending point for ankle is higher then it should. Because the feet are still high heeled there just that bulk of shoe obscures it.

Making it flat would be a lot of work for them.

Ah, I see. Thank you for pointing that out :^> 

I still think it wouldn't be that bad to change, if I could do it myself I would. I can absolutely see that if that is the case why they would gloss it over. they have a lot more important issues to look at. 

I still really would like to see some nice looking flat shoes though :^(

1 person likes this

Posted

but don't they have a very small amount of non heeled shoes and still make it work??

As far as I remember, it's only wedge shoes (-like) which allow to use the high heels stance (mostly visible on ankles and knees) without technically using high heels.

But I don't claim to remember every female costume so I could be wrong on this one.

Posted

Everone kept asking for class balancing, well grab an outfit, and now you have "balancing" :D

Posted

you should try Tamer. The Jegrina outfit is really amazing. It's like feeling the microfibers on your butt when you are running.

Posted

Doesnt matter, we fab. Thats the most important.

Right @Asterotis

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As far as I remember, it's only wedge shoes (-like) which allow to use the high heels stance (mostly visible on ankles and knees) without technically using high heels.

But I don't claim to remember every female costume so I could be wrong on this one.

the shoes I have found in cash shop which do not have heels are 

bdo-desert-camouflage-ranger-full-2.jpgTreant-Camouflage-Ranger-Side.jpgbdo-splat-fisher-costume-no-helm-2.jpgbdo-venia-riding-attire-2.jpg

They are all boots, but they dont seem to be wedged, but i think if thats the case they couldve just cut the feet off in their entirety. But wouldnt shoes like these still mess up the animation??

Edited by Teacow
1 person likes this

Posted

Doesnt matter, we fab. Thats the most important.

Right @Asterotis

Right @Reanbell!

1 person likes this

Posted

you should try Tamer. The Jegrina outfit is really amazing. It's like feeling the microfibers on your butt when you are running.

The outfit itself looks cute but when I tried it it just didnt seem as fun as ranger to me. That could be because I generally heard the class was very difficult to play so I wasn't doing it right or something but apparently the pet ai is terrible as well, so it's kind of a turnoff to me to be honest. 

Posted

Ever eaten a kick from a high heeled thick legged lady? I have it's awesome and not fun at the same time

Posted

Ever eaten a kick from a high heeled thick legged lady? I have it's awesome and not fun at the same time

I'd like to hear the story that led to that xD and I feel bad for you, i'm sure it hurt alot!

Posted

There are a lot of games like this. It's silly to fight in heels, but i've gotten to the point now where I just ignore it because it's so darn common with games now.

Posted (edited)

Because high heels are sexy and costumes are designed purely with looks in mind, not their effectiveness/ineffectiveness in combat, since they add nothing to combat whatsoever. If you want flat feet, play a tamer lol.

Edited by Wrath

Posted (edited)

Because they rigged their models for high heels, for different heels they would have to re-rig the bones on the models, and that would probably screw up some of the animations, they could hack it in, but it would show if you looked closely. So they'd need to have 2 different models sets, one with heels, one without, re-rig the "bones" on the model, then touch up every single animation for it. (Notice how much your whole body's pose changes with heels vs w/o, same applies to this game)

It's a lot of work, to put into perspective, they have stated that creating an alternate gender version of a class is so much work in the animation/modelling department that they may as well mix up the skills a bit and create a different class. Doing this is basically the same amount of work, because they have to re-rig and re-animate the newly created model in both cases.

I could see this however in the future if they implemented a system that dynamically scaled everything by emulating pose, much like they have to do when you for ex. lengthen the body in the character creator, but heels are extra tricky because they significantly impact the rest of the body (as stated above).

BDO's realism and attention to detail comes at a price people.

Edited by Doldol
1 person likes this

Posted

If you want flat feet, play a tamer lol.

Dude pls im like 11 irl i dont want to be 11 in game

Just kidding, but really. I don't like the way tamer plays.