• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions for the Archeage players who play BDO

59 posts in this topic

Posted

I know it did, since it was based on an actual novel I believe? I still feel like they didn't deliver it as well is all as BDO does, at least judging from the very beginnings of the game.

BDO's Story itself is extremely boring and bland. You most likely wont even realise when you have completed the main storyline because it is so bland. The lore is decent but you really do have to read though stuff inside the game, the quests barely show any lore. Most of the lore u will read through your encyclopeia or via a ? button after talking to an NPC. BDO's lore is better than AA's but i found AA's lore to be garbage for the most part.

Posted

I don't know this for sure cause I can reading shit, but isn't BDO much more about the self while AA is focused around what's going on with the world? 

Posted

BDO's Story itself is extremely boring and bland. You most likely wont even realise when you have completed the main storyline because it is so bland. The lore is decent but you really do have to read though stuff inside the game, the quests barely show any lore. Most of the lore u will read through your encyclopeia or via a ? button after talking to an NPC. BDO's lore is better than AA's but i found AA's lore to be garbage for the most part.

Well at least in BDO you have a Black Spirit thing that somehow makes you curious. In AA you basically had to find out everything yourself, for the most part anyway. At least that's how I felt. Not that I care too much about it but a good lore helps immerse myself into a game imo.

Posted (edited)

I really enjoyed AA there were many aspects of the game that were enjoyable, what finally drove me away was Trino/XL's inability to run the game. Auroria release was a complete mess, thunderstruck AH price crash due to Trion/XL was a joke & cash shop p2w just don't get me started on that aspect. The game had potential in the right hands unfortunately the right hands were not Trino.

^so many times this

Edited by Rahvin

Posted (edited)

I always felt like i was playing some cheap knockoff of other games I've played when I played archeage. It had bits and pieces straight lifted from other games, but implemented in a way tat was slightly clunkier and less polished. Plus P2W.... Yuck.

ArcheAge combat is literal shit. I really don't see how people enjoy that at all.  So for me BDO wins in combat and graphics and a bunch of other categories, while in some others I'm still reserved.

Its also winning in Management, though this is a criteria that will be evaluated over time. So far, Daum is knocking pre-release Trino out of the water, hopefully it stays that way.

As for lore - I always feel like people refer to the green questline in AA when they talk about how boring it is.  Which yeah, I guess if that's all you did then you missed the entire underlying game. There is a ton of lore and intricately woven stories, feuds, backgrounds in AA but yes you have be willing to find them.

As for BDO lore - I really am hoping there is more the deeper you go. One of my goals is to exhaust all communication potential with all the npcs one day so yeah I really hope its more what is on the surface.

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

So after many many months we need to make some new conclusions, anyone have anything to add after BDO with fraud from B2P become true P2W game?

I heard population drooped rapidly .... I know that me and my friends stopped to play it before two months +/-, still coming from time to time to see any big changes, but still nothing.

What is most awfull in BDO, stupid karma system and punishment need to be reevaluated, need to add raid options instead party only, normal swimming instead drowning (keep that fish suits sale for something else instead destroy game on sea with cash shop in every aspects), also that cash shop makes this B2P game in rank with all F2P avaible at the moment.

Posted

Trion will open new servers in few days.  Only new accounts can be log in this servers. They said no more items P2W on the cash-shop.

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2016/10/27/producers-letter-october-2016/

Look at third paragraph.

I think A LOT of people ( and new players ) will be there.

You do realize that it goes on to merge with a Legacy server within a 6-9 month timeframe, as stated, and also that the p2w aspects on the legacy servers will be slowly introduced in the fresh start server, also as stated, right?

Posted (edited)

Nice. I think also will be there with one of that new clases, AA at last have some endgame content as i remember, wasnt there for almost year, i loved there to hunt delphined ghostships with my guild, kraken, naval battles, fight for trade packs on freedich etc. so much fun. BDO endgame content is dull imo, dont know will anything change with margoria expansion. Time will show.

Does BDO died too fast? imo looks like one game what almost not existed and died before it become one adult, most say it is bad decisions and blame here west publishers, but it is dead already in Korea.

Edited by Coolmer

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0