• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New areas with higher level enemies

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We all know how cool it is wandering BDO from lv0 ~ lv50, it's so diverse and the class awakenings are so cool! Funfact: it's nearly impossible too get them without grinding to death jus to level up and get them. BDO devs will bring new area's, no doubt. But instead of making them between lv0 - 50 they should aim for +50, +70 or even +100 area's and make it easier to reach higher levels. The player base doesn't need more noob area's, we need more challenging area's, maybe nearly impossible to solo. There is a lot to do before level 50 but after it, leveling is so slow and boring that getting an awakening is such a long comitment and not much players have the time or patience to get them. And yes there are things like world bosses and large scale battles and that's cool but some players want more PvE, lore, different questlines, raids,... IN SHORT: NEW AREA'S FOR HIGHER LEVELPLAYERS, MAKE IT EASIER TO GET HIGHER THAN LV 60, LOWER LEVEL REQUIREMENT FOR AWAKENINGS.  Give it a thougt and feel free to comment ~ Peace 

Edited by Bcit
3 people like this

Posted

EVER HEARD OF I DUNNO, VALENCIA ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Valencia has aakham temple portal designed for lvl 60+, there is also an area far east in the mountain side with enemies that are probably designed for a group lvl 58+

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well, I didn't say there are no opportunities for +50 players, I want to stress that there are too few

Edited by Bcit

Posted

there are quite a few areas in Valencia if you hunt for them, I have completed all of topogapthy and know of at least 3 big areas full of extremely hard enemy. plenty to level with and quite quiet since no one goes there.

Posted

Yeah but 0,1% exp per enemy is so darn slow

Posted (edited)

If you think 0,1% per Mob is low you must be pretty low lvl......

Actually, going from 0-56 just takes a few Days....

What do you want? Instant lvl 60???

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

If I were a pretty low level it wouldn't go so slow ;) The thing is level 40 to 50 you can do in a day, level 50 to 60 would take like a week or more, they should gradually increase the necesary exp, not a steep change like you hit on a wall. I think the level cap must become higher, like in other games take runescape for example you can go to level 120.

Posted

If I were a pretty low level it wouldn't go so slow ;) The thing is level 40 to 50 you can do in a day, level 50 to 60 would take like a week or more, they should gradually increase the necesary exp, not a steep change like you hit on a wall. I think the level cap must become higher, like in other games take runescape for example you can go to level 120.

Have fun getting lvl 60 with 800-900 skill points :)

Why is the rush? Level won't make you better, it's a grindy game, later the lvl cap will increase but then you will see weakish "high" lvl players, its makes no sense to rush levels.

1 person likes this

Posted

It creates diversity and it's rather a psychologic thing: Moderate players ar 50 and I'm 60 vs moderate players are 50 to 70 and I'm 100. You see what I mean, indeed in BDO is gear more important than level but still, I think it would be cool to have a higher level cap, I respect other opinons than my own :)

Posted

It creates diversity and it's rather a psychologic thing: Moderate players ar 50 and I'm 60 vs moderate players are 50 to 70 and I'm 100. You see what I mean, indeed in BDO is gear more important than level but still, I think it would be cool to have a higher level cap, I respect other opinons than my own :)

I see, well i don't think it will be good to raise level cap to like 70 next bigger update, it's better to increase it in slow amounts.

Posted

Yeah, you have point there. There is no need to rush levels but I feel a bit like there is no meaning to get higher level. I'm now 52 and I kind of lost directions on what to do. I can't just do boss scrolls over and over again. And grinding to level gets a bit boring after a while and gaining levels doesn't matter as much as it should like in other games, and grinding for gear would be cool if they would make you look completly different, but we all know that the items you find are often similar in apperance, there are exceptions to this rule but still too few. If you want to distinguish yourself you need to buy costumes and that's the part I don't like about the most MMORPG's, namely their cashshop/business model. Like in free 2 play games I can get why they have them, but this game cost 30 to 50 dollars and you still don't have the "whole" game, luckily it's not too pay to win but if you want to have a pet, cool looking armor for yourself or your horse you need to pay for it. In Asia there is less a problem with pay to win MMO's but in Europe and America there is, just look at the dozens of rant video's on youtube about cashshops, P2W models etc. . And at this point BDO is starting to feel like a real good game if it were free-to-play, but to pay 30 euro's for it is maybe a long shot, yes we get a lot of updates and that's cool but sincerly, I'ld rather pay 60 euros on an MMO where you get everything, no cashshop or microtransactions at all than paying 30 euro's on a game where there still are microtransactions and shit.

Posted

Have fun getting lvl 60 with 800-900 skill points :)

Why is the rush? Level won't make you better, it's a grindy game, later the lvl cap will increase but then you will see weakish "high" lvl players, its makes no sense to rush levels.

the max level is 100, nobody even in korea have reach +65, i dont see the point the increase the level cap if nobody have reach it yet

1 person likes this

Posted

This is kind of what I mean, players are not able to get to level 65 or higher. It's weir thet you can go from 0 to 50 in one day but from 50 to 65 is nearly impossible, the needed exp to level is mutliplied by over 9000, so eihter getting from 0 to 50 is inbalanced and 2 easy or levelling after level 50 or 60 is too hard. They should gradually increase the needed exp and not at some level drastically increase the needed exp.

Posted

the max level is 100, nobody even in korea have reach +65, i dont see the point the increase the level cap if nobody have reach it yet

Highest level player in Korea is 63 (if i remember correct) and it took about a year to get from 62 to 63.
GMs are marked as level 155, so we could say that it is the level cap in BDO

Posted

Highest level player in Korea is 63 (if i remember correct) and it took about a year to get from 62 to 63.GMs are marked as level 155, so we could say that it is the level cap in BDO

Gm is a other thing, someone found in the game data base that the leveling was blocked after 100 ( no data for 101 - 102 - ... )

anyway even if the level max is 155, its impossible to achieve. that one of the point of the game i dont get, why put so much difficulty in the leveling phase. they should have blocked at 60 then put some dungeon and other craps like in every other mmo instead of this endless grinding part

i think that the only negative part of the game, oh and the RNG of course

1 person likes this

Posted

Gm is a other thing, someone found in the game data base that the leveling was blocked after 100 ( no data for 101 - 102 - ... )

anyway even if the level max is 155, its impossible to achieve. that one of the point of the game i dont get, why put so much difficulty in the leveling phase. they should have blocked at 60 then put some dungeon and other craps like in every other mmo instead of this endless grinding part

i think that the only negative part of the game, oh and the RNG of course

Exactly, you can get to 100 but it's impossible, so why bother? I think we should bother because everybody likes when he or she leveled up so why make it so impossible in the "End Game"? If the cap was on 60 it would be hard to get there but is manageable, but getting higher than 60 now is really way too hard and pointless since this game is gear based. That's, I guess, the lamest part for me about this game that if a level 1 guy gets like full +15 magically he would beat the crap out of me while I'm lv 52 so that's not really balanced. Levels should show a players' persistence, aquired strength and "skill", and at the max level players should be stronger or weaker based on their gaming skill and gear they've aquired.

Posted

If you think 0,1% per Mob is low you must be pretty low lvl......

Actually, going from 0-56 just takes a few Days....

What do you want? Instant lvl 60???

that's what I want

1 person likes this

Posted

Highest level player in Korea is 63 (if i remember correct) and it took about a year to get from 62 to 63.GMs are marked as level 155, so we could say that it is the level cap in BDO

Highest level player in Korea is still only 61, no one reached lv62 yet.

2 people like this

Posted

that's what I want

Go play WoW.

Posted

Highest level player in Korea is still only 61, no one reached lv62 yet.

Isn't it weird that BDO offers us the ability on level 56 to have an awakening and that it's also one of the highest levels regular players can achieve? It's like 5 levels away from the highest ranked player in Korea (who probably plays BDO 24/7 and started way before we had our hands at BDO in the EU). I think that that player should have been at least level 80 or 90 so that the level cap at 100 would make sense. Basically, just my opinion though, I think they should lower the level to have an awakening because starting at lvl 56 is way to high for occasional players, mayb they should introduce an ultimate awakening skill or form at level 60 for the grinders among us and the "normal" awakenings that are coming out now for level 45 or 50 players so that everybody can enjoy them.

Posted

Go play WoW.

Without wasting a paycheck 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

r u fukin kidding me bruv.

bro are you serious.

LOL

cmon love. Don't do this to me :(

Some players don't even get a thousandth of a % on each mob kill.

I wish I could kill 1000 mobs and level up man. God damn i'd be lv 70 by now with the amount of mobs i've killed.

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

r u fukin kidding me bruv.

bro are you serious.

LOL

cmon love. Don't do this to me :(

Some players don't even get a thousandth of a % on each mob kill.

I wish I could kill 1000 mobs and level up man. God damn i'd be lv 70 by now with the amount of mobs i've killed.

Yeah I know, but isn't it insane that it's so hard for you to just gain one level? :P

Posted

Yeah I know, but isn't it insane that it's so hard for you to just gain one level? :P

It's not that it's "Hard" per se.
In my view, it's not a matter of difficulty, but the requirement of persistence and dedication that bothers people.
Mindlessly grinding is not enjoyable for many, as it seems.