• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New areas with higher level enemies

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I am at 55lvl, reaching awakening is pain in the ass. I'm unable to move forward in the story, because mobs are to strong : / even those stupid frenzied skeletons or whatever the name is. Grinding takes forever to reach higher level. Only 0.010% for killing one sausan?  Are you kidding me? Awakening will have to wait then for a long time. Got into a bout and I left the continent to explore islands...

There should be easier way to get higher level. I'm not even playing in PvP.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's not that it's "Hard" per se.In my view, it's not a matter of difficulty, but the requirement of persistence and dedication that bothers people.
Mindlessly grinding is not enjoyable for many, as it seems.

Well I guess it's the diference between Asia and the West. There grinding is like the coolest thing on earth while in the West we need a big striking progressive main story, character progression and a lot of things to do. Maybe that's why a lot of players here are having trouble to get into BDO, they're doing a great job by adding new content at a regular basis but they should adapt the RNG and grind to Western "demands" because many players don't enjoy the endlessly killing the same mobs again. Yes there is cool PvP stuff but... There are like a bunch of players who just want to PvE along side there friends without getting bored by killing the same mobs over and over again... we want to explore without being one hitted in nearly impossible regions.

I am at 55lvl, reaching awakening is pain in the ass. I'm unable to move forward in the story, because mobs are to strong : / even those stupid frenzied skeletons or whatever the name is. Grinding takes forever to reach higher level. Only 0.010% for killing one sausan?  Are you kidding me? Awakening will have to wait then for a long time. Got into a bout and I left the continent to explore islands...

There should be easier way to get higher level. I'm not even playing in PvP.

Indeed it's such a drag just to get to level 56...

Edited by Bcit
1 person likes this

Posted

For the record, I hate stories. >:3
I like grouping things up and annihilating them.
Don't confuse that with mindless grinding tho.
I don't like mindless grind. I just like destroying shit, big booms, action and women.

Posted

Indeed it's such a drag just to get to level 56...

By accident I found pirates on some island. It will be easier to reach 56lvl, but it's still 0.030 per kill.

Posted

By accident I found pirates on some island. It will be easier to reach 56lvl, but it's still 0.030 per kill.

Well you can use you're 200% scroll for half an hour... Like that will do much :P the thing is, I want to try out multiple awakenings but it's impossible because of the time it would take, I should choose one class and grind to death just to be a high enough level to obtain an awakening. Doing the same proces for like 5 or 6 characters would be a waste of time.

Posted

Doing the same proces for like 5 or 6 characters would be a waste of time.

True, it takes forever (in my case 200h) to reach awakening, so it's unreasonable to start with more classes. I only have Warrior, my first class, and Berserker, because I bought Tantu outfit on marketplace :D Now I am waiting for young wizard with awakening and dark elf male, if/when it will come out. Will play with those too from time to time for fun.

Already 55lvl 90% in my warrior, 10% to go, so this night I will reach awakening :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Already 55lvl 90% in my warrior, 10% to go, so this night I will reach awakening :D

Lucky you :P it's just a shame that only a few persistent players can enjoy an awakening and that if the ever wanted to change to awakening with other classes they would have to endure the same "pain" all over again

Posted

Lucky you :P it's just a shame that only a few persistent players can enjoy an awakening and that if the ever wanted to change to awakening with other classes they would have to endure the same "pain" all over again

If you're just starting out it's hard but once you get some money and gear it gets easier :) 

Right now I'm trying to get to 57 and I'm at 30%. I can get 5% xp every daily grinding hour on the weekend, so each weekend I can get 15% with 3 hours playtime. Without daily grinding hour and weekend exp boost it takes longer, but I get a few extra % every day. You might actually find that a lot of black desert players are level 56+, because it just takes some time and dedication. 

I play Black Desert Online because I like the combat system and the gear/levelling system is unique. There is no level cap, but there are soft caps like level 60 is a soft cap because most players can't reach it yet. There are "a few persistent players" that are level 60, but there is a large majority of players that have level 56+ characters.

I also want to play a lot of classes, and it's not really a waste of time if you are enjoying it, because that's the purpose of video games. If you have more fun leveling 5 characters to 56 than leveling 1 character to 58 then do that instead. I know someone with 5 level 57 characters.

As for making it easier to get higher leveled, currently the game is in the Valencia update. Before the Valencia update was the Mediah update. Basically before these updates even the most hardcore players could only get to level 56. Now those players can hit 60, because with these updates they made it easier to level up, adding new areas and new mobs. Right now we are getting awakenings but in the future there's going to be a new class. Eventually they might make a new area with new mobs and make it easier to level. In fact, when I was reading this post I thought it was months old and before the Valencia patch because you were complaining that it was so hard to get 56 :P.

As for right now, the game is not too different from other MMORPGs. If WoW didn't have a level cap there would still be a soft cap because after a certain level even the end game mobs wouldn't give enough exp. Although WoW caters to a Western audience and it's one of the OG mmorpgs so it might have some better aspects, it might not. But if you liked WoW better you should play that instead, there are a lot of games out there.

In fact, I would recommend Diablo 3 if you like BDO, it has a similar system with gear being really important, and it's also very grindy, but it caters to a Western Audience more and there are level caps. I play both. As for Black Desert, I don't think much needs to changed, but I would also appreciate a new expansion (like Valencia) when it comes out. That's basically what you're asking for right?

-Lynkx

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes you're totally right Lynkx! I do play Diablo 3, and I enjoy it a lot. And yeah I would ask BDO devs they would only bring high level area's to the game with dungeones, traps, puzzles, because I think the "end game" is so lacking if you don't want to PvP. You can go out and hunt, repetitive boss scrolls, fish to death, or guild shit.

Posted

Yeah but 0,1% exp per enemy is so darn slow

to get that at lvl 60 is just awesome!

Posted

Yes you're totally right Lynkx! I do play Diablo 3, and I enjoy it a lot. And yeah I would ask BDO devs they would only bring high level area's to the game with dungeones, traps, puzzles, because I think the "end game" is so lacking if you don't want to PvP. You can go out and hunt, repetitive boss scrolls, fish to death, or guild shit.

I see now, yeah. The only endgame pve content is grinding difficult Valencia mobs, and killing world/field bosses. That isn't that exciting. I would also like to see dungeons or raids of some sort. For the most part Black Desert is just slow progress and pvp. That's basically it. Even if they added a new expansion it probably wouldn't add anything unique, just new bosses, new mobs, higher gear, and higher soft cap. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Highest level player in Korea is still only 61, no one reached lv62 yet.

Hmm some KR stream viewer said that there is atleast one player at lvl 62. And the streamer's channel's highest was 61.66

But yeah 100 lvl would take over 3000 years

Edited by Pohjantikka

Posted

I see now, yeah. The only endgame pve content is grinding difficult Valencia mobs, and killing world/field bosses. That isn't that exciting. I would also like to see dungeons or raids of some sort. For the most part Black Desert is just slow progress and pvp. That's basically it. Even if they added a new expansion it probably wouldn't add anything unique, just new bosses, new mobs, higher gear, and higher soft cap. 

Yeah, MMO(RPG's) are lacking content for non PvP players, what every true fantasy fan wants with an MMO is go in the world do meaningfull quests/tasks, dungeons and go out there with friends and do fun things in parties. But in this game we all look kinda the same unless you pay for costumes, there are so few armor and weapon sets: like I never got a better weapon from a drop, I can't forge better weapons, I only can buy better weapons and than bring 'em to 15+ and afterwards to pri, duo,... This last part would be nicer if there were like a bunch of weapon and armor sets and if it were a lot easier for common weapons, than green, blue, yellow and the hardest for orange if there were legendary weapons.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, MMO(RPG's) are lacking content for non PvP players, what every true fantasy fan wants with an MMO is go in the world do meaningfull quests/tasks, dungeons and go out there with friends and do fun things in parties. But in this game we all look kinda the same unless you pay for costumes, there are so few armor and weapon sets: like I never got a better weapon from a drop, I can't forge better weapons, I only can buy better weapons and than bring 'em to 15+ and afterwards to pri, duo,... This last part would be nicer if there were like a bunch of weapon and armor sets and if it were a lot easier for common weapons, than green, blue, yellow and the hardest for orange if there were legendary weapons.

Well I specifically meant Black Desert. Some mmorpgs have really engaging pve content and others are grind focused. All mmorpgs you look the same. And not getting a better weapon from a drop is a good thing, at least in Black Desert. It means your strength is not dependent on RNG, and is a result of your effort instead. In Diablo 3 getting stronger was dependent on RNG, which was fine, and getting that last set piece always felt good, but it was still RNG, so you would grind for hours with no clue on the ETA of a better weapon. In Black Desert getting stronger takes a lot more time, but there's consistency. 

I consider enhancing weapons myself to be "forging" them. I don't really understand the last part. There are a bunch of weapon and armor sets, and it is harder to upgrade them the more rare they are.

I do wish that there was an ideal mmorpg that everyone agreed fulfilled their wish to live in a fantasy universe, maybe not now but one day. Maybe if, in the distant future, if Bethesda makes a Skyrim special edition Co-op mode, and Arenanet makes a remastered version of the original Guild Wars, that would be the day I am satisfied with mmorpgs. Until then, I have Black Desert, and I have concept of a fantasy genre (that I will find another good book series on besides the Inheritance Saga, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, Percy Jackson, and a Song of Ice and Fire).

edit: I also have Final Fantasy

Edited by Lynkx
1 person likes this

Posted

Hmm some KR stream viewer said that there is atleast one player at lvl 62. And the streamer's channel's highest was 61.66

Simply went with what Rowlan repeated a couple of times in his stream, since he is 61 and actually someone from KR that made sense, but not like you can keep an eye on all 27(31) channels in KR. Though I've seen on innovation911's streams right now that someone managed to get to lv62.

Posted

It's not that it's "Hard" per se.In my view, it's not a matter of difficulty, but the requirement of persistence and dedication that bothers people.
Mindlessly grinding is not enjoyable for many, as it seems.

That's the big problem, mindless grinding has never ever been fun or will it ever be so there needs to be some fix to this situation. Perhaps, we are all being trolled about gaining level 100, because it's actually impossible right now to attain. Isn't that a sick joke of some kind?

1 person likes this

Posted

That's the big problem, mindless grinding has never ever been fun or will it ever be so there needs to be some fix to this situation. Perhaps, we are all being trolled about gaining level 100, because it's actually impossible right now to attain. Isn't that a sick joke of some kind?

I wouldn't say it's not fun for everyone, we can't say that. There are some that do infact enjoy grinding mindlessly.
I'm not one of them, but they do exist.

And lv100 is possible. Simply because something is impractical does not make it impossible ;) 

In this case, Extremely impractical.
You'd probably be lucky to hit lv70 before 2017 at this rate :) but hey, it's not impossible. Simply crazy for some of us to want to handle.

Posted

You'd probably be lucky to hit lv70 before 2017 at this rate :) but hey, it's not impossible. Simply crazy for some of us to want to handle.

I would say that from 60 to 70 in two months is impossible to do.

lv60-61 is something like 100hours of grinding
and if 61-62 would take 50 hours longer than 60-61, it would be 150h (which is almost a week)
and so on..69-70 would be 600h of grinding (24 days without rest)
In total 60 to 70 would be 160 days of grinding (without breaks)

Posted

If I were a pretty low level it wouldn't go so slow ;) The thing is level 40 to 50 you can do in a day, level 50 to 60 would take like a week or more, they should gradually increase the necesary exp, not a steep change like you hit on a wall. I think the level cap must become higher, like in other games take runescape for example you can go to level 120.

40-50 does not take a day. you can get 0 - 56 in a day easily. 

Posted (edited)

I would say that from 60 to 70 in two months is impossible to do.

lv60-61 is something like 100hours of grinding
and if 61-62 would take 50 hours longer than 60-61, it would be 150h (which is almost a week)
and so on..69-70 would be 600h of grinding (24 days without rest)
In total 60 to 70 would be 160 days of grinding (without breaks)

Oops, I meant 2018 loll.
Forgot 2017 is like, 2 months away.

I don't even know who i am right now no worries

Edited by War

Posted

40-50 does not take a day. you can get 0 - 56 in a day easily. 

Yeah, It's possible. Just not easily.

A sick joke would be telling a lie just for kicks. This is simply stating a (possible) fact, there's no level cap, or perhaps it's level 100. Either way, no one is even level 63 yet, so it doesn't matter. The source of the "level cap: 100" is someone who dug into the games files to see that the game didn't have files for level 100+. No one said that "you can get level 100 someday".

As for mindless grinding not being fun nor will it ever, if that's the case then why you do play Black Desert? It takes grinding to level up. Period. But there are rewards at everyone milestone to motivate you to grind more. On top of that, some people do enjoy grinding mindlessly. You can have fun grinding if you do it in a party, or listening to music, or with a good computer, high graphics, and using unconventional combos and a class that you like. Or even multitasking like listening to a podcast. Or you can sit there grinding mindlessly and thinking that it's a waste of your time and that you shouldn't be forced to do this just to compete with other high level players. Look, no one is forced to do the intensive, mindless grinding it takes to to get to 58, 60, etc. If there are people at that level, I honestly admire their dedication to achieving it. That's how it is for COD, CS, League, Overwatch, and other games which don't even have the same mechanics, but take a similar amount of time playing to get to higher skill levels. That's how it is for Olympic sports too. You don't see people saying "Michael Phelps spends way too much time swimming he has no life", well people do but it's in jest. Is it a sick joke to say that humans can run up to 44km/h? 

Black Desert does not need to change it's level cap system, it's working fine.