• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kakao Games to Publish TERA Developer's New MMO 'Project W' in NA and EU

103 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kakao Games has secured the publishing rights for Bluehole Studios's new MMORPG Project W in North America and Europe. Interesting thing is Kakao and Bluehole don't even reveal what kind of game Project W is. We just know the game is touted as a "blockbuster PC MMORPG" led by former Aion, TERA and ArcheAge developers, and will start beta test first in South Korea in early 2017.

20161103034305a0ejyoz0m9ev2ovk.jpg
Black Desert is the first MMORPG Kakao publishes in NA and EU, and obviously they have the ambition to become bigger in the west. In South Korea, Kakao has already been one of the biggest game publishers with MMORPGs like Black Desert, Echo of Soul, RF Online, and Rohan Origin in operation.

20161103034320a0ejyoz9oeu6gxpr.jpg

Source: Kakao Games.

Bluehole Studio is developing two new MMO titles currently including Project W and Project EXA.

Current Race Renders for Project EXA:

106003.jpg

image: http://media.fyre.co/eR4V23T0efgKEyonfgUQ_tera-online-2-project-exa-render5.jpg

eR4V23T0efgKEyonfgUQ_tera-online-2-proje

image: http://img4.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/2015/05/27/project_txa4.jpg

project_txa4.jpg

Cant find anything bout Project W maybe the merge :P 

Project W:

20140530003015a0dsrhf047tl5cos.jpg

Edited by Dragnelus'
3 people like this

Posted

9320af3f90c688be6e46e4ff0aff18a9.png

34 people like this

Posted

this ^ post is perfect

Posted

I feel like BDO is probably my last Eastern ported MMO. I love BDO, but its a love hate relationship.

32 people like this

Posted

nope.. will skip this thanks for sharing who are the people behind it.. avoid avoid avoid

6 people like this

Posted

Betta not be Betta den BDO. 

Posted (edited)

Hmm, so 2018(cause KR beta is 2017). Guess I can ignore this for a long bit. But the art looks nice. Thx for sharing. 

BTW since they are using Marmoset to render those images, they don't reflect their in game engine. Granted the company that makes that rendering solution also has a render engine for Unity. But that doesn't mean the game is using either of them. Just an FYI. So no in game screens yet.

Might even be 2019 xD

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

First image is some pedo bunny fantasy...  Nope...  I'm out lol.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Second picture is exactly what i thought when i saw the first one lol. Project W(in) no matter what featuring DJ khaled.

Edited by PanpanTheGreat

Posted

Meh!

Posted

First image is some pedo bunny fantasy...  Nope...  I'm out lol.

FYI, thats another game.. 

This is the only img atm for Project W

20140530003015a0dsrhf047tl5cos.jpg

Posted

So a team of shady asset thieving developers being published by a rather shady KR publisher...

sounds like a recipie for success to me *Sarcasm*, imho BHS shouldn't have gotten as far as they did.

1 person likes this

Posted

We just know the game is touted as a "blockbuster PC MMORPG" led by former Aion, TERA and ArcheAge developers, and will start beta test first in South Korea in early 2017.

What the excellent list of fail games xD

Is it means BHS going to abandon EME?

3 people like this

Posted

led by former Aion, TERA and ArcheAge developers

First reaction: Little-Girl-Running-Meme-15.jpg

Second reaction: Wait wut? ._. 2017? So they don't even think BDO will survive until then? Because there's no way in hell, even if hell itself was to freeze over, that Kakao could handle more than 1 mmorpg at once :o!

4 people like this

Posted

Incoming P2W game with 80GB with every system from the 4 games lel xD GG Best MMORPG ever made but ruined by P2W :D

Posted

First reaction: Little-Girl-Running-Meme-15.jpg

Second reaction: Wait wut? ._. 2017? So they don't even think BDO will survive until then? Because there's no way in hell, even if hell itself was to freeze over, that Kakao could handle more than 1 mmorpg at once :o!

There is like 5-10 people running Kakao's BDO team, not going to be hard to get another small team.

That's where Tytes has probably gone.

Posted

RF Online is past its prime, Rohan Origin sucked and is way behind in everything, including graphics.....and Echo of Soul was not developed by Kakao, so don't know where you got most of your info. Furthermore, that journalist post from that website is 2 years old and was never finished.   Most games do stay in development for several years, but they would have to release something pretty dam big in order to get anywhere near BDO's ability.

Last note, what this has to do with BDO? nothing. Good Day sir.

969e13b8919fba3e0ce91a50babffb6c.jpg

Posted

No game in the world can destroy BDO!

hihihi

Posted

Doesn't matter how graphically beautiful the game is. Doesn't matter what kind of fun mechanics and systems the game might have. Project W will likely follow the same trends as past games making them unplayable for anyone interested in a fair game. I understand companies have the right to bleed gamer's dry to increase their revenue but without a P2P server I won't be interested.

I'd like to keep an open mind regarding other payment models but the way BDO was handled means any promises or statements made regarding their intentions will fall on deaf ears. Daum/Kakao made it clear they wanted to keep the game fair until they decided they wanted money more. I want a game where fair play is more important than extra zeros for the publishers and developers. Games can exist and grow while still being fair regardless of what some people would have us believe.

Image result for fool me once shame on you

Posted (edited)

RF Online is past its prime, Rohan Origin sucked and is way behind in everything, including graphics.....and Echo of Soul was not developed by Kakao, so don't know where you got most of your info. Furthermore, that journalist post from that website is 2 years old and was never finished.   Most games do stay in development for several years, but they would have to release something pretty dam big in order to get anywhere near BDO's ability.

Last note, what this has to do with BDO? nothing. Good Day sir.

969e13b8919fba3e0ce91a50babffb6c.jpg

Comprehension reading is hard!

687474703a2f2f33332e6d656469612e74756d62

Black Desert is the first MMORPG Kakao publishes in NA and EU, and obviously they have the ambition to become bigger in the west. In South Korea, Kakao has already been one of the biggest game publishers with MMORPGs like Black Desert, Echo of Soul, RF Online, and Rohan Origin in operation.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2016-09-08/kakao_games_brings_echo_of_soul_back_to_life_in_south_korea.shtml

Not my info btw, http://2p.com/45661333_1/Kakao-Games-publishs-new-PC-MMORPG-from-TERA-developer-by-hanthienhai.htm

I'm just the messenger.

Funny-dont-shoot-cat-pictures-megalawlz.

Edited by Dragnelus'
1 person likes this

Posted

Ccomprehension reading is hard!

I did indeed misread, Zeus forgive me.

You still however missed the point:

Last note, what this has to do with BDO? nothing.

Once gain. Good day sir.

Posted

Second reaction: Wait wut? ._. 2017? So they don't even think BDO will survive until then? 

They announced months ago they were looking for more developers to help them with future games. So its been public info for a long time that they were going to have multiple games going. Also even before that announcement, it was mentioned in KR press events they were scouting out other games. 

I've actually been waiting to see what they had.

Posted

I did indeed misread, Zeus forgive me.

You still however missed the point:

Once gain. Good day sir.

release-the-kraken.gif

Posted (edited)

Ours is better.

20160811235117a0ehf03burt88qzn.jpg

Believe we should call him Jim Bob....he smiles like a Bob.  Say hi bob.

Edited by Andaro

Posted

kakao or peal abyss?