• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kakao Games to Publish TERA Developer's New MMO 'Project W' in NA and EU

103 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh, they are trying to compete with Nexon here in West...

This is gonna be fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

A Korean game is not complete without a cutesy Elin type race.

Posted (edited)

I see this as Kakao recognizing the success of the game, and expanding on it, not replacing. Gaming projects take years, and each game aims for a different target audience, though some might crossover slightly. As is, I have no intention on quitting BDO, even when this new game is released maybe 2 years later. For pve, this game is far from any p2w, as there isn't a 'win' in a pve MMO. Well, once in gw2, but that is another story. 

I see this as the recognition of the success of BDO, and hopefully the proper investment in servers and support that have been lacking. I see this as a possibility that Kakao is learning, and will do better no things as they progress. It is no secret that their stock dropped more than half recently, so this might be a sign of a change in the company and their focus on what works. 

Edit- no, to answer all my texts and messages at once. I will not be getting the new game either, as I learned my lesson. ;)

Edited by Zibbernopperrroo

Posted

Is it gonna take a few years before release 

Posted

I like the look of the screen shots

Posted (edited)

I see this as the recognition of the success of BDO,

And the sad part of it, is that they still doesnt bother that much to correctly take care of the game for the western audience but just copy paste most of the cancer setting from KR.

imho, they only recognize the money milking ¬¬

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

First image is some pedo bunny fantasy...  Nope...  I'm out lol.

You're not old enough to play these games anyways so you're good .

Posted

Oh, they are trying to compete with Nexon here in West...

This is gonna be fun.

What new game does Nexon port to the west?

Posted (edited)

What new game does Nexon port to the west?

Maplestory 2, Peria Chronicles, Arpiel is coming.. im not sure about the others.

Edited by Momoka Nishina

Posted

Aren't we basically already playing Tera?  ...minus the Fox Lolitas and more challenging PVE Content?

Posted (edited)

JoulZen.jpg

Edited by HJAMLARI
1 person likes this

Posted

Aren't we basically already playing Tera?  ...minus the Fox Lolitas and more challenging PVE Content?

More like playing Vindictus with the features of ArcheAge and Mabinogi.

2 people like this

Posted

Dafuq is this? Trench coat with a mace and shield?

Posted

You're not old enough to play these games anyways so you're good .

Fine by me bruh, pedo wet dream games don't interest me anywho.

1 person likes this

Posted

TBH, I'm kind of excited to see where this leads.  The tone it sets from a single image seems really neat (especially if that's blood on his hands!).  Considering that Project Exa seems to be going for something with more cutesy elements, perhaps Project W is going to be something a bit more serious (or even darker) toned.

I'm guessing it's going to be an open world and vaguely sandboxy game, but with Tera people working on it it's potentially going to have some nice combat too!  I don't know much about the lore of Tera, though I do know that ArcheAge's was based off of a book and from what I know Aion's got some good lore—so I do hope that whatever it is will have good lore.  It's also promising to see experienced people working on a game, as a lot of times indie devs can't achieve the things they want to and end up building castles in the sky.  I can trust the word from a team of experienced game developers more.

The clothing's definitely got its Victorian inspirations which is always a big + from me (Character's very handsome!).  The background seems to show a medieval-esque (though that could just be old architecture) city in flames and smoke...  I mean, this could go in a good direction.  Most likely won't, but it's definitely on my list of things I'm keeping my eye on now, thank you @Dragnelus'!

Dafuq is this? Trench coat with a mace and shield?

Say hello to Bloodborne (+ Shield).

Posted (edited)

THAT MACE! - is the same model as the ones in Archeage. **Get ready for a re-skinned mash up!

rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3

Edited by Thinker

Posted

THAT MACE! - is the same model as the ones in Archeage. **Get ready for a re-skinned mash up!

rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3rrow2.thumb.png.f44259105dd7e95873f715b3

showing your commitment to life with face

Posted

I JUST GOT BACK INTO BDO NO NEW MMOS

Posted

UIapngm.jpg

Posted

if BDO is still alive and improved by then, i might consider it :P

Posted

You guys dont understand. Blue hole wants to making a blockbuster AAA MMO that could compete on the WoW level! Which is why they need to gonna have to side with a major publisher with their brand new IP. And I seriously doubt their gonna risk another Tera sequel that with in a week will turn into another pedophile''s wet dream with bunch cringy weebs and neck beards fapping to their cute lolis. Just imagine the amount of backlash and embarrassment their studio already has with Tera.

F*CK IT! Its time to Re zero our brand and no more gender locked classes or lolis! So suck it up weebs!!

Posted

You guys dont understand. Blue hole wants to making a blockbuster AAA MMO that could compete on the WoW level! Which is why they need to gonna have to side with a major publisher with their brand new IP. And I seriously doubt their gonna risk another Tera sequel that with in a week will turn into another pedophile''s wet dream with bunch cringy weebs and neck beards fapping to their cute lolis. Just imagine the amount of backlash and embarrassment their studio already has with Tera.

F*CK IT! Its time to Re zero our brand and no more gender locked classes or lolis! So suck it up weebs!!

With Elins you only win :P

https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/BHS-Elin-saved-Tera

Posted

Maplestory 2, Peria Chronicles, Arpiel is coming.. im not sure about the others.

I don't even know if Maplestory 2 will be alive much longer, apparently it's despised in Korea. Arpiel is ok but also not doin' too hot?

Posted

I don't even know if Maplestory 2 will be alive much longer, apparently it's despised in Korea. Arpiel is ok but also not doin' too hot?

its fine, im not interested much anymore since i left Vindictus. xD

Posted (edited)

And then they get Brian Knox on the game as Producer and it all starts to sink (Just like what happened to AION and TERA prior to F2P)
He's going to scream at the top of his lungs "WESTERNIZATION IS THE FUTURE!" and take out detrimental features to the game.

I warned the community about him... they didn't listen, oh WHY didn't they listen!?

Edited by Asterotis