• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

To all "so-called" BDO "Karma bomb" victims ...

77 posts in this topic

Posted

... when you are the one pulling the ring on the bomb you are not being "karma bombed," you are committing "karma bomb suicide."

From this point on you will correctly identify yourself as a "Karma Suicide Bomber," and refrain from calling those you voluntarily kill as "Karma Bombers."

That is all for now.  

15 people like this

Posted

i get where you are coming from but that'll never stick. phrases have to be catchy and "karma bomber" is much catchier than "karma suicide bomber"

Posted

i get where you are coming from but that'll never stick. phrases have to be catchy and "karma bomber" is much catchier than "karma suicide bomber"

Agree, thats why its called software piracy (even worse Raubkopie in German, literal Raidcopy)

Posted

So, like Karmakaze then? Is that a word or thing yet?

This issue still seems ironic. Those being attacked can get revenge on the attacker and they don't like it? 

I suspect I am inviting hostility here but... The gist of it is. You flag up and attack me - you likely outgear me - I die. I come back, you kill me again. And... again. You lose karma and blame me? huh?! I know, there are two sides for every scenario. Maybe node wars could be expanded so that a guild owned territory would not suffer as much karma loss? It would make more sense as territory defense than the current, "this is my grind spot! go away!"

4 people like this

Posted

Calling the usage of a phrase popular simply because its "catchy" is an excuse.  It's called trying to assign blame to others for one's own actions, or the inability to accept the consequences for your own actions.  In other words, being immature. 

3 people like this

Posted

"I couldn't grind because they kept killing me"

"I couldn't grind because I couldn't kill them enough"

"I couldn't grind because they are hogging all the mobs"

"This guy invaded my turf, but if I kill him I'll go red and loose out"

"That dudes grinding and wont let me grind with him, let me throw myself at him till he gets annoyed and goes away"

......le sigh.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Guild is not ready for war"

giphy.gif

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

i'm small family guild, we have no problem using every single member and method to make someone cry for momma, works in 99 out of 100 :D

never been karmabombed in my life, we just switch tactics ;)

we even ship afk people to hakoven island when we fell like it or they're in dire need of transportation xD

Edited by cann0nf0dder

Posted (edited)

Calling the usage of a phrase popular simply because its "catchy" is an excuse.  It's called trying to assign blame to others for one's own actions, or the inability to accept the consequences for your own actions.  In other words, being immature. 

these are two entirely separate conversations. 
1) Is "karma bombing" accurate
2) Is "karma bombing" easy and catchy

I'm only talking about 2). Catchiness has little to do with maturity or even accuracy. "Karma Suicide Bomber" will fail for reasons entirely unrelated to accuracy. 

Take for example Donald Trump's Slogan: Make America Great Again. Is it accurate? Who knows? Who cares? Is it catchy? Totally. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

how about KAMAH AKBAR

hmmm idk foreign phrases are hard to stick without super high meme potential. 

Posted

hmmm idk foreign phrases are hard to stick without super high meme potential. 

Idk, I kind of like Karmakaze... But it's not so much suicide because you're not wearing the bomb. It's just being a retard and walking up to a bunch of Semtex poking it with a lit dynamite stick and going "What will this do."

Posted

Idk, I kind of like Karmakaze... But it's not so much suicide because you're not wearing the bomb. It's just being a retard and walking up to a bunch of Semtex poking it with a lit dynamite stick and going "What will this do."

karmakaze lol that's pretty good. 

Posted

"Guild is not ready for war"

giphy.gif

Commit Sudoku? 

karmakaze lol that's pretty good. 

Yea, somebody mentioned it up above. Still doesn't really hold true to the whole concept of karma bombing though, if they're in an undecable guild screwing your grind rotation you really don't have a choice. Change channels, go red. You lose they win. 

Posted (edited)

these are two entirely separate conversations. 1) Is "karma bombing" accurate
2) Is "karma bombing" easy and catchy

I'm only talking about 2). Catchiness has little to do with maturity or even accuracy. "Karma Suicide Bomber" will fail for reasons entirely unrelated to accuracy. 

Take for example Donald Trump's Slogan: Make America Great Again. Is it accurate? Who knows? Who cares? Is it catchy? Totally. 

The difference between the phrases "Karma Suicide bomber," and Trump's "Make America Great Great Again," is that the former is not only accurate but also a fact and the latter is pure BS. 

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted

The difference between the phrases "Karma Suicide bomber," and Trump's "Make America Great Great Again," is that the former is a fact and the latter is pure BS. 

the other difference is that Make America Great Again will actually be used and "Karma Suicide Bomber" will not. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

the other difference is that Make America Great Again will actually be used and "Karma Suicide Bomber" will not. 

Except those using the phrase are just as ignorant as the one's using the phrase "Karma bomber" which brings us back to my original post.  

"Catchy" does not fix "stupid."

Edited by CurlyBaby
1 person likes this

Posted

Karma bombers defending Karma bombers, absolutely disgusting. Not all scrubs are Karma bombers, but all Karma bombers are scrubs. 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Karma bombers defending Karma bombers, absolutely disgusting. Not all scrubs are Karma bombers, but all Karma bombers are scrubs. 

I don't see anyone defending anything.  Just correcting the phrase.  Stop trying to play the victim when nothing could be further from the truth.

Edited by CurlyBaby
3 people like this

Posted

Except those using the phrase are just as ignorant as the one's using the phrase "Karma bomber" which brings us back to my original post.  

"Catchy" does not fix "stupid."

I can shout corrections into the internet all day if I want, but if no one pays attention to them it's pointless. If you actually want to make a difference than you need to take the right approach. 

Posted (edited)

If I am just getting to a spot and see someone (or a group) coming thru shortly after I arrive, I will absolutely move on. Same goes if they ask me like a civil human being - I will say hi and happily move along to find another spot/channel. However, if someone blatantly just comes up and kills me unprovoked? And if they are rude on top of it? I will come back again and again and let them bomb themselves into oblivion. As a wise man once said --- Stupid is as stupid does.  ;)

Edited by dawgpound
Spelling, etc

Posted

I like to karmabomb ♥ ♥

few days ago, Edan server I was in balenso E2 and the left pirates spot was taken so I changed to my channel
Calpheon E2 and it was also taken so I prefer to play with my alt but!
some sht sorc(delete all sorc) pked me and I was not doing anything!
so I tried to karmabomb :D

the first 4 deaths were funniers and when that sh$#% sorc turns red I was LMAOOO!!!

then I died 6 more times :P

then the #$^#$^ sorc runs :D

divine justice!! 

at the end he/she ss me: gtfo u scumbag *** *** and more things

my answer was: GG IZI

CIBYz_dWUAA8s4y.thumb.jpg.7f380b2befda67

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I can shout corrections into the internet all day if I want, but if no one pays attention to them it's pointless. If you actually want to make a difference than you need to take the right approach. 

Who are you do determine a "right approach." Might want to jump off that high horse you're riding.  Just because it isn't the "right" approach for you, doesn't make it "not right."  I determine what's right in my approach. Not you or anyone else thank you.

Edited by CurlyBaby
1 person likes this

Posted

Who are you do determine a "right approach." Jump off that high horse.  Just because it isn't the "right" approach for you, doesn't make it "not right."  I determine what's right in my approach. Not you or anyone else thank you.

I'm just going to come out and say this.

You're a snobby -----. If anyone's on a high horse it's you, after all you did make this thread to "correct" something you deem incorrect, am I right? 

Posted

Who are you do determine a "right approach." Jump off that high horse.  Just because it isn't the "right" approach for you, doesn't make it "not right."  I determine what's right in my approach. Not you or anyone else thank you.

whoa i didn't mean to trigger an inferiority complex or something. I'm just telling you you are wrong and how you can correct that. Your heart is in the right place, it's just you haven't thought this through. 

Posted (edited)

Who are you do determine a "right approach." Just because it isn't the "right" approach for you, doesn't make it "not right."  I determine what's right in my approach. Not you, or anyone else thank you.

No you don't, unless you just want to sound self-entitled.

When you want to send a message, it's the reciever who determines if the approach was good or not, and it's up to you to use the best communication channels and forms accordingly. Otherwise, you're just talking to yourself

Edited by Capitaine Courage
3 people like this