• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

*Answer about large player low fps .

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You'll get no answer from "staff" or maybe something like we don't really know.

Thing is, game is miscoded, period.

Edited by Azga

Posted

*BUMP Staff reply needed .

Posted (edited)

You know that more people = more effect = your CPU need to do much much more cauculate to show all those effect (even you turn everything off) right?

Even you are using i7 with top graphic card, there will still be gps drop when you are at a boss fight with hundred of people.

Let us know your computer's info such as CPU, graphic card, SSD or traditional hard drive first before we talk about game engine.

That combined with the fact that this game is SINGLE THREADED game.

You'll get no answer from "staff" or maybe something like we don't really know.

Thing is, game is miscoded, period.

You REALLY can't say that it's miscoded considering there hasn't been a single other game that has attempted to do something as audacious as Pearl Abyss in terms of making a game of awesome graphical quality on a massive online scale.

The engine needs to be optimized better TBH.  The bosses on Guild Wars 2 are a zerg fest also and the map is often filled when everyone gathers to do the boss.  Something like Tequatl usually has 150 players in one area plus NPC and mobs and it still doesn't turn into 10fps.  And that game runs on a POS DX9 engine. 

Yep, but it's also no where near as graphically intensive as Black Desert, so try again.

BDO is too ahead of its time, it cannot be optimized by modern consumer computers. Furthermore, the modern consumer computers have hit the bottleneck of technological advancement, thus BDO cannot be optimized unless quantum computing become mature and cheap to mass produceical

Won't happen, quantum computing is too unstable to allow consumers to buy it.

The game isn't CPU limited as mine always operates between 30-45% at all times. There is a point in every game engine where better hardware doesn't affect the performance anymore. At this very point the developers are opted to improve it.

However, to defend BDO I must add that they already did a pretty good job in utilizing hardware. I've seen better, yes but I've also seen way worse examples.

You clearly haven't got a clue how individual CPUs let alone threads work.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

Damn, misleading title. Thought you had an answer to why people over 6 foot tall and 280 pounds were experiencing low fps. 

Posted

@iKaneki_Ken

Indeed still miscoded.

Just because lots of new Devs don't really care about optimizing their codes.

When you code on poor material you MUST optimize, now material is overpowered so they are lazy (And for cost too)

Posted (edited)

The Game is Mega-Super-Pen miscoded. Cant tell me that a Gtx 1080 runs like a Mule on this midrange Graphics Game. They just finished a Game -> Works so it's fine and ready to Milk.

In the least good Dev's strife to Perfect their codes, bad ones do not care.

Edited by Nakria

Posted

Yep, but it's also no where near as graphically intensive as Black Desert, so try again.

That doesn't change anything what I've said.  It's exactly this kind of nonsense that's left the game in its current state. 

No shit it's more graphically intensive, it's also not sustainable in the game play which it is trying to do and that's why it's a slide show.  Which again boils back to the game needing more optimization.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Where did you saw that ?

You REALLY can't say that it's miscoded considering there hasn't been a single other game that has attempted to do something as audacious as Pearl Abyss in terms of making a game of awesome graphical quality on a massive online scale.

Its actualy doesnt change the poor optimization nor "quick options" for large scale tho.

- You dont have like BNS a key to totaly hide other players  ( or have a key to hide effect + name, having to go everytime in the options isnt handy AT ALL.

- We cant even have the choice to hide all horses in "safe place" thoses with the very BAD " hair effect" optimization its totaly a performance killer

- they could have made an option similar to gw2, where you choose to display ONE model per class ( + outfit ), that thing is a true performance saving  And why not somes more simple animations to even more save performance for thoses "similar" model.

- They didnt really seem to have spend time optimizing LOD

So yes they created a gorgeous looking mmo, that's sure, but the optimization for large scale players is totaly trash.

Edited by woots

Posted

As I personally didn't found any explanation about this , can someone from kakao/daum tell us please why we have so much lag/fps drops when we make a field boss or world boss ? 

I am i terested in knowing why , bad scripts ? Bad engine ? We noobs want to know . 

I think you have to have a computer that reaches the limits for consumers on high end machines.  Until then unless you have seen similar machines to yours running the game better you are basically asking why your computer is not good enough to handle the game and the answer is you didn't buy one good enough to handle it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLRjINaiOs&ab_channel=Steparu.comGamingNewsandPreviews

Now if you have a computer that is at the current limit available to consumers maybe you could reasonably ask why no computer on the market can handle their game but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Posted

Won't happen, quantum computing is too unstable to allow consumers to buy it.

You clearly haven't got a clue how individual CPUs let alone threads work.

And what did you contribute to this thread besides critisizing everyone's opinion here?

Posted (edited)

PS:  Regarding GW2:  another game I watched the development of very closely: Culling Parameters were built into every level of it and in videos you can clearly see that many, most, if not all particles, shaders,  animations, etc in it are subject to occlusion or being truncated beyond a quantity of players threshold.  IOW: the server isn't even SENDING that information to the client to get choked up trying to process it it in the first place or in other cases the client has a set player limit & stops itself from the over-redundancy

*BUMP Staff reply needed .

I already gave you  answers that were handed out by a real MMO Game Developer.  IE:  someone who knew a hell of a lot more about this stuff than a couple community managers who barely even play the game themselves much less ever saw the cache level kernels of a game on this scale.  If that's not enough for you to believe that they don't know themselves and that's why they're not answering you, then contact support or call them on the phone

Where did you saw that ?

I think he might be confused by the exact terminology and is rather referring to it being "Pseudo 64 bit".  IE:  Most of the engine itself is still DirectX9 compatible and therefore 32 bit platform based and doesn't have the fully integrated architecture to run 100% of its processes via 64bit multithreading.   And honestly, like 1% or less of Games even published so far are even doing that because most operating systems, yes Directx 10/11 &  Win7/8 believe it or not, were never built from the ground up to distribute Dependent processes across 8 or more cores without redundancy or bias straight through the GPU/API pipeline.  And right now the only push for this transition has been coming from Valve and a new API:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/valve-directx-12-does-not-make-a-lot-of-sense-vulkan-does/ 

In other words:  it's really about backwards compatibility to older hardware/software and any console gamer could tell you, most companies HATE THAT SHIT and do not want to give the consumer a choice in the matter because that means they can't force them to buy the newest products every year

Edited by iller
2 people like this

Posted

And what did you contribute to this thread besides critisizing everyone's opinion here?

These aren't opinions. These are people that haven't studied how computers work and are trying to suggest that Pearl Abyss try things that are the first thing to go to when developing any piece of software. Y'all think you're helping, but what you're actually doing is asking Pearl Abyss to run around in circles.

Posted

Futher confirming that this game is coded and optimized shittily.

People are right tho, all you do is criticize people, fitting avatar for that cause iirc that character was a little whiny cuck as well, some people just dont grow up.

In regards to go back ontopic, the game is very badly optimized, while not comparable cause its mainly a singleplayer game, MGS 5 was very well optimized giving 100+ fps easily where other game went down in the 40's. Further confirming that good looks and a proper physics engine and all that other stuff can run really well if properly optimized, in the meantime i go down to 30fps at sausans, being alone there, at night.

Posted (edited)

Futher confirming that this game is coded and optimized shittily.

People are right tho, all you do is criticize people, fitting avatar for that cause iirc that character was a little whiny cuck as well, some people just dont grow up.

In regards to go back ontopic, the game is very badly optimized, while not comparable cause its mainly a singleplayer game, MGS 5 was very well optimized giving 100+ fps easily where other game went down in the 40's. Further confirming that good looks and a proper physics engine and all that other stuff can run really well if properly optimized, in the meantime i go down to 30fps at sausans, being alone there, at night.

Kaneki may have whined from time to time, but at least he went out of his way to become stronger so he could do something for himself. You guys do the exact same thing I do, the only difference between myself and the people I criticize is I study the stuff that I talk about before I go blasting my mouth, the only thing you guys do is complain and suggest the same blanket thing over and over. "You guys need to optimize the game!".

It isn't as -----ing simple as that, if it were, it would already have been done, but whiny man children like the people I criticize, don't understand that and will sit and ----- and complain about everything that happens. The people -----ing about receiving FREE boss armor are prime examples of this.

Oh, as well, these FPS issues that a lot of people are experiencing I experienced as well, I fixed them by sticking to lower ping channels, by doing that, my FPS went from 18-20FPS to 50-60FPS constantly even in Heidel.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

More players = more calculations. What is there ti not understand? If you say other game doesnt lag then youre just a fujing retard.

1 person likes this

Posted

More players = more calculations. What is there ti not understand? If you say other game doesnt lag then youre just a fujing retard.

EXACTLY. But more than likely, there'll still be that one moron that'll ignore this and say "But this game needs to be optimized more!".

Posted

{..... Smart stuff.....}

Great post! I wrote my theory in a different thread a few weeks ago:

I believe the problem lies within the used API (directX 11) itself. MMORPG's put a huge strain on the CPU and this makes dx11 simply not a good choice for this genre (well, to be fair there wasn't much of a choice until recently). DX11 is limited by a stupidly low drawcall limit, mediocre multi-threading and less capacities because of driver overhead. Too many drawcalls create a congestion between GPU & CPU, and both have to wait until all drawcalls are finished. This leads to FPS drops for example. Mediocre multithreading creates bad CPU usage. DX11 balances the load mostly on the first core while the other cores are mostly underutilized. This can be fixed through very tedious custom MT-optimization though. And lastly, most of the scheduling in DX11 is done through the driver, which adds CPU overhead and therefore less aviable performance.

While I think the devs did a great job with optimizing their engine, we can still see that it's severly limited by the API in situations with too many players/NPCs. The solution for this is obviously adding a DirectX12 or even better a Vulkan rendering path (or in best case scenario, move the engine completly to Vulkan). Both low level APIs are superior in every way. A famous example is Ashes of the Singularity: https://youtu.be/-1bvUzPJa9c?t=37 Every single space ship puts a similiar load onto the CPU, but thanks to DX12 it's not a problem at all. Though you have to keep in mind that DX12 and Vulkan are still very young and that optimization is completly up to the devs (since the driver overhead/driver level is removed). Currently dx12/vulkan is more of a hit or miss in most games, because either(or both) the engine isn't made for the new api or the devs are not experienced enough. Though we still have Doom, which has an absolute bombastic Vulkan implementation

We could compile a nice list with possible explenations, but it wouldn't change anything because the guys at Pearl Abyss know their engine better than us. draw call overhead, bad scheduling, cache chokes, gpu stalling... etc. unfortunatly we are reliant on the devs for improving performance. While I think that the performance is decent for the looks, we can still see the big flaws, like the catastrophic behaviour in extreme load situations or the really bad pop-in of mesh and foliage (even though the engine supports the more subtle "pixelated fading" effect). The Devs really should take a look at how DOOM was optimized: http://www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2016/09/09/doom-2016-graphics-study/ 

Posted

The engine needs to be optimized better TBH.  The bosses on Guild Wars 2 are a zerg fest also and the map is often filled when everyone gathers to do the boss.  Something like Tequatl usually has 150 players in one area plus NPC and mobs and it still doesn't turn into 10fps.  And that game runs on a POS DX9 engine.

https://youtu.be/IAH20Ux-ll8

Let's see:

- Real-time water reflections are turned off (this can potentially double the render load when turned on). 

- It's a nice flat and wide open space with little to no environmental objects being rendered.

...And that's about all the information we can gather from that video alone.  On the other hand:

- The video doesn't tell us what kind of system the person was using. 

-  We don't know what the performance impact from recording was.

- We lack information on the settings used for the game during the recording.

All that being said, I do agree that something needs to be done to improve performance at world boss fights.  Perhaps auto-throttling player animations or moving the world bosses to locations with fewer environmental objects or enemies to render.  Maybe despawning regular enemies within a certain radius whenever the world boss spawns in.

Posted (edited)

I think he might be confused by the exact terminology and is rather referring to it being "Pseudo 64 bit".  IE:  Most of the engine itself is still DirectX9 compatible and therefore 32 bit platform based and doesn't have the fully integrated architecture to run 100% of its processes via 64bit multithreading.   And honestly, like 1% or less of Games even published so far are even doing that because most operating systems, yes Directx 10/11 &  Win7/8 believe it or not, were never built from the ground up to distribute Dependent processes across 8 or more cores without redundancy or bias straight through the GPU/API pipeline.  And right now the only push for this transition has been coming from Valve and a new API:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/valve-directx-12-does-not-make-a-lot-of-sense-vulkan-does/ 

In other words:  it's really about backwards compatibility to older hardware/software and any console gamer could tell you, most companies HATE THAT SHIT and do not want to give the consumer a choice in the matter because that means they can't force them to buy the newest products every year

I dont have a lot of knowledge about all that ( just barely the basic ) but i remember somes crap port only was really using 1 thread, while most of the game use "all" your cpu, but sure, i wont speak about all details since i dont know them.

But yeah it indeed seems that most of the engine out there isnt "true" 64bit, i remember that because the star citizen guys struggled with that for their "real" seamless space and positioning calculation.

Oh didnt really looked about the vulkan thing, but yeah lol... dx12 is indeed totaly pointless vs something that can be used everywhere...  ( not saying, still no one give a sh#t about dx12 except 2-3 games having this "options", meaning not even fully "build" with that... 9_9 )

But well, yeah BDO is badly made to handle large amount of players...

Today i was watching a BDO stream quickly, it was the money wagon thing attack on the kr server, and dear lord, the streamer had crazy warp + it looked like to display around 5-10 fps max.. ( with a i7 6700k + SSD + gtx 1070 )

that was absolutely horrible.

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

additional point here - on my PC BDO on meds runs better than GW2 on same meds [GW2 sits really hard on the CPU]

also bonus points for GW2 having a huge culling system put in place making player not seeing like... 120 out of those 150 players on tequatl... actually one needs mighty machine to have even those 30 on the screen xD

- they could have made an option similar to gw2, where you choose to display ONE model per class ( + outfit ), that thing is a true performance saving  And why not somes more simple animations to even more save performance for thoses "similar" model.

you do realise that ArenNet took nearly a year and 4 big updates to tune up their culling system to work properly?

probably you weren't aroudn GW2 forums when WvWers where  crying over invisible zerg trains wiping enemies having no indication of them even being there?

sure it is easy to shout "it's poorly optimised" "optimise it better" "these guys made it better so you could too", while totally ignoring how much struggle was it for those others....

PS. I'm quite sure that if Pearl Abyss had spare resources to add more options to stabilise framerates on world bosses they would work on it - if they are not working on it anyhow [which we do not know due to poor communication with devs themselves] it is because amounts of resources needed to pull it out are too big when compared to gain from it

Posted (edited)

you do realise that ArenNet took nearly a year and 4 big updates to tune up their culling system to work properly?

probably you weren't aroudn GW2 forums when WvWers where  crying over invisible zerg trains wiping enemies having no indication of them even being there?

Dont worry i started gw2 only 1-2weeks after the release. So yeah i totaly remember how the wvw was fked up. But still, even in that situation it was less fked up regarding performance compare to BDO

And they took less than 4years, after like 2years that was fine with the various options, so well. Its still totaly a shame that thoses guys have still done nearly nothing for that point... the game is nearly 2year old..

sure it is easy to shout "it's poorly optimised" "optimise it better" "these guys made it better so you could too", while totally ignoring how much struggle was it for those others....

Well other did, and thoses guys doesnt, and so far i know they still do nothing.

Even if i only speak about BnS and a "easy" fix with other player hidding with a simple key. We doesnt even have that ( nor horse hidding ) to at least save performances in tons ( or world boss )

Not, just at least have an option to display only a default model per class + default outfit would already certainly save way more performance.

its ok to want to "defend" them but well.

Edited by woots

Posted

Dont worry i started gw2 only 1-2weeks after the release. So yeah i totaly remember how the wvw was fked up. But still, even in that situation it was less fked up regarding performance compare to BDO [1]

And they took less than 4years, after like 2years that was fine with the various options, so well. Its still totaly a shame that thoses guys have still done nearly nothing for that point... the game is nearly 2year old.. so well.[1.1]

Well other did, and thoses guys doesnt, and so far i know they still do nothing. [2]

Even if i only speak about BnS and a "easy" fix with other player hidding with a simple key. We doesnt even have that ( nor horse hidding ) to at least save performances in tons ( or world boss ) [2.1]

Not, just at least have an option to display only a default model per class + default outfit would already certainly save way more performance.[2.3]

[1] well maybe matter of perspective but for me as WvWer in GW2 invisible zerg trains were much bigger mess than fps drops on world boss in BDO - actually the thing that hurts me more on world bosses like kzarka are potential desyncs makign me unable to time my dodges properly

[1.1] well on korea side BDO is nearly 2 years old, but on here it's around year and according to little official info we have devs responsible for our releases are all warking on getting catched up with content asap which imo would pretty much explain on itself potential not much work on improving optimalisation at thsi point

[2] "as far as you know" is very good way of wording it - thing is - with current communications with actuall devs we have no idea what they have done and what they have not done in this areas, and without thos informations no one having any idea on how things works would formulate sentences like "optimisation sucks"

[2.1] that may depend on settings as I personally never see more than 5 player models on zarka at once neither I see horses being loaded at all in those encounters... except my own one - thats only one I see

[2.3] default models are definitely in some way in game - but probably you need to have quite slow machine to ever experience them probably seeing how seem to have never noticed those black figures with no textures

and giving option to hide everyone with pushing a key may be very likely not really easy to add - depending on how their codingin engine works it may be actuall extremely hard to add such a feature.

PS. I'm sorry [just a tiny little bit :P] if I sounded to agressive in my previous post - I just get triggered a lil tad bit everytime someone with no knowledge on programming in demanding tone how everything easy, when it clashes with my personal experiences as beginner developper :), especially when said person does nto seem to even try to make any even basics research on the issue and just jumps in to the forum like OP did [and my triggered status on the OP could get deflected on some of the people with certain opinions in this thread as well]

Posted

[1.1] well on korea side BDO is nearly 2 years old, but on here it's around year and according to little official info we have devs responsible for our releases are all warking on getting catched up with content asap which imo would pretty much explain on itself potential not much work on improving optimalisation at thsi point

[2] "as far as you know" is very good way of wording it - thing is - with current communications with actuall devs we have no idea what they have done and what they have not done in this areas, and without thos informations no one having any idea on how things works would formulate sentences like "optimisation sucks"

Like i said early i watched a kr BDO stream this afternoon, and whatever how you want to defend the game / devs, but, when you see the streamer having like 5 fps + desync during the money wagon thing ( before the siege ) ( and the streamer in question have a good computer : i7 6700k + ssd + 16ram + 1070 )

its absolutely not acceptable.

So the game do have 2 years and the devs still have done nothing since then. Its actualy a flat reality.

[2.1] that may depend on settings as I personally never see more than 5 player models on zarka at once neither I see horses being loaded at all in those encounters... except my own one - thats only one I see

I dont know what game you are playing, but there is no way in BDO to have each class with a "default" model ( like GW2 do ), nor having the horse not displaying.

Unless its whatever "bug" like when, sometime, you just connect and the game spend some time to load everyone.

But you CANNOT choose that as option.

[2.3] default models are definitely in some way in game - but probably you need to have quite slow machine to ever experience them probably seeing how seem to have never noticed those black figures with no textures

the only time you see the the default outfit, is with distance when the game load the others players "for the first time", once they are, the game display them totaly customized ( appearance + outfit / CS outfit + color ) until you reach the draw distance limit.

So in the end, its still the same issue, you still have a 'large distance" where the game display all customized character ( appearance + outfit + color ) and its necessary a good performance drain.

( and i dont even speak how terribad the hair effect / alpha textures things ) are optimized.

Just for fun :

475930201611041265591.jpg

615477201611041268068.jpg

I mean, 16 fps lost just because you have the camera very close to the horse tail, that's a freaking serious issue.

Well, thoses guys are professional, the game still have a amazing quality despite huge flaw, and i'am sorry, but, providing something that poorly optimized when you build such open world and capitalize the pvp on large scale battle, is absolutely BAD.

And nothing have changed considering what i've saw on the kr stream. which is even worse.

While somes other devs DID worked on that to provide a decent solution, thoses guys still doesnt. ( you doesnt even have "lazy" solution as option to hide horse.. totaly hide players.. only display low poly.. etc etc )

I dont even need to have the whole knowledge about that point to see that : other do, they do nothing, and since that game still is a computer destroyer since day one, its pretty safe to assume that they doesnt work on that.

1 person likes this

Posted

While somes other devs DID worked on that to provide a decent solution, thoses guys still doesnt. ( you doesnt even have "lazy" solution as option to hide horse.. totaly hide players.. only display low poly.. etc etc )

I have no hopes for this game being optimized. I too was there from day 1 on GW2 and lived through the WvW culling shit show on T1.  And I couldn't believe Anet thought was a good idea to let WvW to go live with that issue.  At least they're responsive, however slow they are, to feedback and fixed the game.

These guys, not only do not listen to feed back but are the laziest devs I've ever seen.  Look at their MO, they tell you nothing about how the game works.  At any given point in time you can't even tell if something is broken or not because of a ton of hidden stats laced with RNG. So there's essentially zero accountability.  Good luck getting these guys to implement a proper model culling system. 

The funny thing is, they already have some kind of frame work for culling.  They put in blank face models for faraway NPCs. And they don't even bother rendering riders as they speed away from you on with sprint/instant acceleration. So obviously they realize having too many things happening is taxing on the system.  But yet for some reason they think it's a good idea to render everyone on a little hill top as the whole channel tries to kill Karanda... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

Great post! I wrote my theory in a different thread a few weeks ago:

We could compile a nice list with possible explenations, but it wouldn't change anything because the guys at Pearl Abyss know their engine better than us. draw call overhead, bad scheduling, cache chokes, gpu stalling... etc. unfortunatly we are reliant on the devs for improving performance. While I think that the performance is decent for the looks, we can still see the big flaws, like the catastrophic behaviour in extreme load situations or the really bad pop-in of mesh and foliage (even though the engine supports the more subtle "pixelated fading" effect). The Devs really should take a look at how DOOM was optimized: http://www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2016/09/09/doom-2016-graphics-study/ 

yeah I think you're absolutely on to something there because I notice the most crippling frame drops for me are always when the most intense loading happens AFTER all of the placeholder Models are done cacheing and its switching out those allocations for the actual account data...  It feels like... something way worse than just ordinary hitching.  I don't know what it could be but it reminds me of a 2 components cycling exponentially worse mem leaks into eachother and it's just this feedback loop of the bad performance getting worse and worse which then drags even more LOD popin changes into view until I'm just looking at this frozen Screen for 10 seconds or more