• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What are the differences in awakenings

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking to reroll a witch/wiz but unable to decide as a lack of information on their awakenings.

Could anyone help by telling me the differences between the 2 classes in awakening form... I know different elements but people have mentioned dashes, blocks grabs etc?

1 person likes this

Posted

0_0 in the time it took you to make this post, you could have googled and found at least 10 videos about the awakenings and their differences. This part of the forums has several threads with convos going on about this subject and have plenty of videos that have been posted. There is no "lack of information", you just don't want to look for it.

4 people like this

Posted

Besides elemental differences, Witch has frontal block, whereas Wizard has Grapple and an extra dash. Both have double teleport.

I'd say that Witch awakening is better for PvE and boss farming, because frontal block can be a life saver and reduce damage income. Wizard is stronger in PvP because of extra mobility and grapple, but the extra dash can be extremely dangerous if not used correctly.

2 people like this

Posted

Besides elemental differences, Witch has frontal block, whereas Wizard has Grapple and an extra dash. Both have double teleport.

I'd say that Witch awakening is better for PvE and boss farming, because frontal block can be a life saver and reduce damage income. Wizard is stronger in PvP because of extra mobility and grapple, but the extra dash can be extremely dangerous if not used correctly.

Witch could have it easier in PvE with its ondemand Block (if we think black n white), but it is a little too early to tell who is better suited for what as they both succeed with what they got in PvE n PvP content. I also saw the wizards who soloed akman had pretty good selfheal when the water skills hit several mobs, does witch have something like that? And wizard also has a water skill that lasts for like 3 seconds where you get a block, which could be used in same situations as the witch block.

Posted

I also saw the wizards who soloed akman had pretty good selfheal when the water skills hit several mobs, does witch have something like that?

That's a good question; has anyone seen a list of add-ons for the awakenings of each class? I'd imagine the copied skills would have the same options, but the unique skills could have important differences.

Posted

0_0 in the time it took you to make this post, you could have googled and found at least 10 videos about the awakenings and their differences. This part of the forums has several threads with convos going on about this subject and have plenty of videos that have been posted. There is no "lack of information", you just don't want to look for it.

There are two type of people on this forum.... haha. Ones who help unquestioningly @Stellary and others who are rude / unhelpful @HeroUnknown

Kinda amusing. And as for picking which stallary pretty much put it into a good perspective. That being said, i also like to choose based on what i think looks better and the Wizards fire awakening skills look amazing.

2 people like this

Posted

There are two type of people on this forum.... haha. Ones who help unquestioningly @Stellary and others who are rude / unhelpful @HeroUnknown

Kinda amusing. And as for picking which stallary pretty much put it into a good perspective. That being said, i also like to choose based on what i think looks better and the Wizards fire awakening skills look amazing.

If you found my comment rude and unhelpful then you're far too sensitive to be using the internet. Call your ISP and cancel your subscription. I am not going to be a conduit for outright laziness. If the OP had simply LOOKED at anything on the first page of this section, he'd/she'd have seen several post talking about what was being asked. Why is there a need to create yet another thread on a topic already in progress, just to have people regurgitate/reiterate what has already been said, as is the case now? I even offered a tip that he could find the answers in this section. Your version of being "unquestioningly"  helpful is spoon feeding, something I can't be bothered to do. So think what you will. #unbothered.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you found my comment rude and unhelpful then you're far too sensitive to be using the internet. Call your ISP and cancel your subscription. I am not going to be a conduit for outright laziness. If the OP had simply LOOKED at anything on the first page of this section, he'd/she'd have seen several post talking about what was being asked. Why is there a need to create yet another thread on a topic already in progress, just to have people regurgitate/reiterate what has already been said, as is the case now? I even offered a tip that he could find the answers in this section. Your version of being "unquestioningly"  helpful is spoon feeding, something I can't be bothered to do. So think what you will. #unbothered.

:) ill unsub now , thank you for illuminating the err in my ways. 

but seriously man... this is a forum; forums are supposed to be helpful, and why would you type out a long winded "look it up yourself" when you could just give the answer if you had it... or let someone else give it.

1 person likes this

Posted

:) ill unsub now , thank you for illuminating the err in my ways. 

but seriously man... this is a forum; forums are supposed to be helpful, and why would you type out a long winded "look it up yourself" when you could just give the answer if you had it... or let someone else give it.

You don't know the definition of "long winded". It was literally 2 lines of text. The answer was "the information you think is lacking is right here in the section of the forums you're posting in" if you don't understand that, then you lack some pretty basic comprehension skills and on that note, I'm done acknowledging your existence. Ciao 

Posted

You don't know the definition of "long winded". It was literally 2 lines of text. The answer was "the information you think is lacking is right here in the section of the forums you're posting in" if you don't understand that, then you lack some pretty basic comprehension skills and on that note, I'm done acknowledging your existence. Ciao 

you must be fun at parties

4 people like this

Posted

This is the part where he posts a gif.

2 people like this

Posted

Please disregard the tools. These forums aren't very active thus a repeat question has a negligible impact to forum congestion.  I welcome all questions including repeat questions because it gives me something to read.  Perhaps something new will come to light in the discussion.  

1 person likes this

Posted

you must be fun at parties

As much as i hate trolls and unhelpful people, I gotta admit that HeroUnknown is right. In the long run, teaching people how to look up information is better than just spoon-feeding them anything they ask for. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

Posted

As much as i hate trolls and unhelpful people, I gotta admit that HeroUnknown is right. In the long run, teaching people how to look up information is better than just spoon-feeding them anything they ask for. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.

I agree, but he came to the place to look up the information. 

Posted

If we're not allowed to discuss or ask about things that can be googled, we might as well delete these inactive sub-forums all together :S

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just to add my two cents 

I feel like the main difference is: 

Witch = range, potentially better 1vX,  bosses 

Wizard = melee, probably better 1v1, better general pve

My reasoning to this: 

There are 4 skills that are different between them: grab vs block, earth wave vs fire punch, giant lighting spam vs water tornado, wizard's fireball/fireball explosion (of water) vs witch's multiple magic lighting spam. 

The Grab will help wizards cc chain a single target and give them a better chance against block heavy classes. 

The Block gives the witch a better chance vs multiple ppl since she will always be able to avoid cc/dmg when timed well.  

The Fire punch gives a dash at the start giving the wizard better mobility than the witch and sets them up for more cc combos with the rest of their kit 

The Earth wave is a better aoe skill that knocksback into a stun, meaning if fighting more than 1 preson, you just put yourself in a better situation for whatever happens next. 

The Water tornado seems to do really high dmg if you hit them with the whole thing. better sustained dmg.

The giant lighting spam doesn't do as much dmg but it does the whole thing faster. better burst dmg.

Wizard's fireball/fireball explosion (of water) is the same as the pre awakened, but faster and better dmg. 

Witch's multiple magic lighting spam is the same concept mma spam just looks different. this however allows her to stay in awakened mode at range better. 

Edited by Kryaix

Posted (edited)

Just to add my two cents 

I feel like the main difference is: 

Witch = range, potentially better 1vX,  bosses 

Wizard = melee, probably better 1v1, better general pve

My reasoning to this: 

There are 4 skills that are different between them: grab vs block, earth wave vs fire punch, giant lighting spam vs water tornado, wizard's fireball/fireball explosion (of water) vs witch's multiple magic lighting spam. 

The Grab will help wizards cc chain a single target and give them a better chance against block heavy classes. 

The Block gives the witch a better chance vs multiple ppl since she will always be able to avoid cc/dmg when timed well.  

The Fire punch gives a dash at the start giving the wizard better mobility than the witch and sets them up for more cc combos with the rest of their kit 

The Earth wave is a better aoe skill that knocksback into a stun, meaning if fighting more than 1 preson, you just put yourself in a better situation for whatever happens next. 

The Water tornado seems to do really high dmg if you hit them with the whole thing. better sustained dmg.

The giant lighting spam does do as much dmg but it does the whole thing faster. better burst dmg.

Wizard's fireball/fireball explosion (of water) is the same as the pre awakened, but faster and better dmg. 

Witch's multiple magic lighting spam is the same concept mma spam just looks different. this however allows her to stay in awakened mode at range better. 

You have the different skills wrong; grab vs block is right, as is Fire Punch vs Wave Crack, but Water Tornado correlates to Balance Collapse (the one where the Witch stomps and makes shockwaves of Earth a short range in front of her, in which the Flow causes her golem to shoot up out of the ground then slam back down), not any of the lightning skills. The spammable skills are also virtually identical, there's no range advantage there for Witch. The differences are these:

Grab vs Block - You covered that well

Water Tornado vs Balance Collapse - The range is roughly the same and the base damage is similar, but while Tornado has 100% crit and causes back attacks very easily due to its positioning, Collapse only has +50% crit but causes down attacks with its latter half if the CC of its 2nd hit (bound) lands. The flow for Collapse has higher damage as well, and Collapse has frontal guard (better for frontal attacks) while Tornado has super armor (omni-directional).

Fire Punch vs Wave Crack - Wave has better damage, causes air attacks on the knockback of the initial hits and down attacks on the bound of the latter hits. The Flow is stronger as well, with slightly lower base damage but further down attacks. Wave also restores some MP per enemy hit and has only 3s CD as opposed to Punch's 6s. Punch though has frontal guard and is, well, a dash; more utility than raw damage. The ranges of the actual attacks are similar, but Wave creates distance while Dash closes distance.

The other skills are all direct correlations, with the only notable differences being:

Water Beads (ranged water projectile) vs Hard Flow (fast, spammable attack where lightning shoots up from the ground), identical base stats but Hard Flow is slightly faster while Water Beads has a Flow attached to it that makes it drastically more powerful every 8 seconds; both can be spammed and have the same range.

Ruinous Fireball (the "drop a fireball from above" skill) vs Lightning Storm (I think that's the one you were referring to with "giant lightning spam"? the large-area one where lightning strikes at an angle multiple times), Fireball has higher damage on the base skill but Storm has a Flow for more damage at 58+. Fireball causes bound which can be followed up with down attacks while Storm just stuns.

Edited by Zephan

Posted (edited)

Water Tornado vs Balance Collapse - The range is roughly the same and the base damage is similar, but while Tornado has 100% crit and causes back attacks very easily due to its positioning, Collapse only has +50% crit but causes down attacks with its latter half if the CC of its 2nd hit (bound) lands. The flow for Collapse has higher damage as well, and Collapse has frontal guard (better for frontal attacks) while Tornado has super armor (omni-directional).

Ruinous Fireball (the "drop a fireball from above" skill) vs Lightning Storm (I think that's the one you were referring to with "giant lightning spam"? the large-area one where lightning strikes at an angle multiple times), Fireball has higher damage on the base skill but Storm has a Flow for more damage at 58+. Fireball causes bound which can be followed up with down attacks while Storm just stuns.

imo giant lighting spam ("Raiden storm" from my translator) is more comparable to wizard's water tornado because of the cc. Edit: not the same cc, i do not think they have anything else in common. so i guess comparable was never the word i should have used. i just find collapse to be a better match to ruinous fireball.

Blance collapse is more like ruinous fireball because they have the same, cast time, aoe, cc, and animation (your golem's element pops out of the ground then cashes into it)

that said i also find storm and collapse to be similar so you're welcome to disagree with me on what skill matches what.  

Edited by Kryaix

Posted

imo giant lighting spam ("Raiden storm" from my translator) is more comparable to wizard's water tornado because of the cc. 

Blance collapse is more like ruinous fireball because they have the same, cast time, aoe, cc, and animation (your golem's element pops out of the ground then cashes into it)

that said i also find storm and collapse to be similar so you're welcome to disagree with me on what skill matches what.  

I don't think the visual really matters; that can be whatever the animators can dream up. When I say they're the same, I mean range/area, damage, CD, etc. Ruinous Fireball has a slightly larger area but the same setup as Storm (long-ranged AoE; Collapse is rather short-range) and identical stats except for the slightly higher base damage and bound vs stun (and CC-type varies across all of the skills so I don't think it's reasonable to say, for example, that Punch = Storm because they both stun; and on that note, Tornado inflicts stiffness, not stun, so I'm not sure what you mean by "because of the cc"). Grab/Tornado/Punch and Block/Wave/Collapse are the only skills that don't have direct, near-identical correlations between the classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

and how about pvp/pve/gvg??? who is better for pve killing/clear speed at end game desert mobs? and who did better at pvp/gvg??? may be im wrong but looks like the wizz stay more at melee range and witch get more range from the spells... I find a video from youtube when a wizzard could solo the AK dungeon, not sure if witch can do the same... 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0