• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

wow, you are getting amazing landscape shots~

i really hope such shots can enter the contest, even though it states in rules that it should include your character on it

Thank you very much :$

Your screenshots looks nice too.

But about the point > including the character on the picture...

I didnt read a "must" in the rules -  just a "should" (In German event announcement it`s a "sollte" but not a "muss")

Means for me > it is not a must have to do so, it`s just a option to have the character on the picture, a maybe, an as far as possible, a when I prefer to do so ;)

Btw: About errors and double postings - I have the same error-messages every time :(

Edited by Sitte I. von Strolch

Posted (edited)

OYFq0RJ.jpg1Fob6Fi.jpg

1wJiX7C.jpgFXnt7fY.jpg

Edited by Kitamara
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ahhhh It's nearly time. Here're mine. Many many selfies with Floop Catt the tamer!

Spring:

V554Dvn.jpg

5ifizd0.jpg

iVL2Nhm.jpg

Summer:

IRCi26j.jpg

kbAPh8Q.jpg

qxO3kXr.jpg

Autumn:

4zASrjI.jpg

KnxlT7l.jpg

RIdihk5.jpg

Winter:

jOqa2Zn.jpg

v3ok0Du.jpg

vV7EImx.jpg

Edited by Floop_Catt

Posted (edited)

I think all submissions will participate in voting, except rule-breaking ones~

and then only 12 vote winners will get the main prize

and rest 48 they will choose by themselves from everyone

Not according to the first post, cause there it says:  "Our staff will pick the 5 best screenshots for each month and let you vote on the final winners to be featured in our 2017 calendar."

But about the point > including the character on the picture...

I didnt read a "must" in the rules -  just a "should" (In German event announcement it`s a "sollte" but not a "muss")

Means for me > it is not a must have to do so, it`s just a option to have the character on the picture, a maybe, an as far as possible, a when I prefer to do so ;)

Your screenshots -do- look really nice, but I'm afraid the contest rules make it sound like you really should include you character on the screenshots, like many people made sure to do, despite having great environment shots to send in. Of course it says "should" and "may result in", so there might be some leeway, but it could also be that they're ruling your screenshots out. Just like a screenshot representative of the month in question will have an advantage over a random one, character screenshots will probably take priority over the ones without because of the rules.

Event Rules:

• Players may upload up to 3 screenshots per season (A maximum of 12 total pictures).
  • Each screenshot should represent the months appropriate to that season and include your character in the picture.
  • Players must provide their correct Server & Family name in the form.
  • Submissions must be placed in the appropriate seasons form.
  • The screenshot with the highest votes for each month will be selected to be featured in the calendar.
  • Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in voiding your eligibility to be selected as a winner.
Edited by Natah

Posted (edited)

I read it the same way as Sitte l. von Strolch that it wasn't required to have characters in there, but just preferred. Here are mine anyways.

Fall:

uBm7CI6.jpgw86Be1O.jpgYW0UhX8.jpg

Winter:

AKSlGMF.jpgpvGtaqw.jpg

zVWeQnT.jpg

Spring:

vKpfpUh.jpg

vrlitXD.jpg

MOnk14g.jpg

Summer:

WNCvtqn.jpg

Ys47Bzo.jpg

mbWR7w4.jpg

Edited by MattyB

Posted

I read it the same way as Sitte l. von Strolch that it wasn't required to have characters in there, but just preferred. Here are mine anyways.

Let's pretend that this little green hedgehog is you ^^

Let's pretend that this little green hedgehog is you ^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Here's some screenshots I was considering to use:

2016-11-08_60650138.thumb.jpg.bbc47da0d4

2016-11-11_6967930.thumb.jpg.09cd20e598f

2016-11-12_5305076.thumb.jpg.30dfe7c8ed3

2016-11-12_279680.thumb.jpg.8a835d288430

2016-11-14_52316322.thumb.jpg.09b1304aae

Edited by FluffyQuack

Posted (edited)

I am confused... They posted on Twitter that we can vote now but I can't find any info where and how to vote.... 

Edited by shosholada

Posted (edited)

so where and when can we start voting? o:

Edited by Risa

Posted (edited)

I am confused... They posted on Twitter that we can vote now but I can't find any info where and how to vote.... 

Same.. i've no clue whats going on xD Where can we vote? @CM_Aethon halp pls 

Edited by eDust

Posted (edited)

Smells like typically marketing department action: posting news on twitter without internal checking of content status :D

Edited by Nyrante

Posted (edited)

Smells like typically marketing department action: posting news on twitter without internal checking of content status :D

That is most likely ;/ I get it they need few hours for coffe and screenies selection, but hey, don't confuse us! Plox!

Edited by shosholada

Posted

you can start to vote...but..where? :/

Posted

Thanks for updating us on the news from Twitter, seems difficult to choose those screens to vote from so fast, but we'll see.

@Aeryeen your spring picture where it looks like you pet a deer is adorable, great shot! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for updating us on the news from Twitter, seems difficult to choose those screens to vote from so fast, but we'll see.

@Aeryeen your spring picture where it looks like you pet a deer is adorable, great shot! :D

Thank you so much! :x It took me a lot of work because every time I got close to the deer, he decided to move!!! xD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Uh so where do we vote?

EDIT: I guess the forum will be updated later..

Edited by LadyRhapsody

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much! :x It took me a lot of work because every time I got close to the deer, he decided to move!!! xD

i can feel it :D got a picture with raccoon and deer, took SO much time to catch them together, it almost became evening and not very cool light for the pic =( decided not to use it

n2XG00X.png

Edited by Nanimonai
2 people like this

Posted

i can feel it :D got a picture with raccoon and deer, took SO much time to catch them together, it almost became evening and not very cool light for the pic =( decided not to use it

Hidden Content

I wish my pictures had your quality :) 

Posted

I wish my pictures had your quality :) 

looked through your pics again, and I personally don't see difference in quality :o some textures in game look low res and squareish no matter what settings u put =( i had some really nice shots with kamasylve tree and waterfall, but there were awful textures, so i just stuck to shots, where i managed to avoid capturing too much of bad quality textures

btw, i play on medium settings with cropped picture, getting ~40 fps xD

E4rM5

for screens i turned almost every setting on, struggled on 15 fps lol (i wonder if im the only one, obviously no hahah) 

Posted

for screens i turned almost every setting on, struggled on 15 fps lol (i wonder if im the only one, obviously no hahah) 

Same - then I always ran into Calpheon, Heidel or Altinova without thinking of lowering my settings again. ;'D Fun times.

I usually play on medium-ish settings as well and I didn't change them in three of my pics. You probably notice it, but eh... I liked them a lot and only one of the 12 can make it into the next round tops anyway. And who knows how they judge the screenshot quality in the end. :P

Posted

i just discovered a high resolution option in imgur settings 🙄

turns out i uploaded all my previous pictures with a site compression, but couldve avoided it D: oh well.

Posted

i just discovered a high resolution option in imgur settings 🙄

turns out i uploaded all my previous pictures with a site compression, but couldve avoided it D: oh well.

A few pages ago (can't find it in the moment) they said, they will contact the winner via E-Mail to send pictures in best resolution. So I would not care about imgur quality. I am just sitting here, see all the great pictures from others and think "I will not be in the top 60" :D

Posted

Cmon guys ;_; Its evening! Giev dem pictures! The hype is real~

7 people like this