• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh well, would be better to use our sceenshots for 2018 calender if they continue with that speed.

5 people like this

Posted

Its 22/11 here -.- thanks bois.

Posted (edited)

I was only able to take pictures for 2 seasons but anyway, here are some pictures of mine while we're all waiting:

Autumn:

lTHO424.jpg

Gr2GR5T.jpg

WWYLVVJ.jpg

Summer:

B9fp3HU.jpg

IppeuLE.jpg

LN4sf88.jpg

Plus some Extras ;)

SLzJOwU.jpg

FY5qYtN.jpg

Red.

Edited by RedThunder

Posted

Did any of you really expect them to keep their promises?

I'm telling myself over and over that they've unanimously selected all of my entries for the calendar and are trying to come up with how to break the news to everyone else ;)

2 people like this

Posted

I'd rather have them take an extra day or two to thoroughly look over everyone's screenshots. If you think about it, one day isn't really a lot of time - they must have thousands of submissions, maybe 20% of which we've seen posted on this thread. 

Posted

so when is it rlly ? tomorrow ?
maybe 22 to 27 voting and not 21 to 27 ...
HMMMMMM

compensation ???

Posted

Posted (edited)

Okay I'm confused... we need a staff member in here to straighten things out. I'm trying to be understanding about all of this but it just doesn't make sense to me. @CM_Aethon

I thought staff would pick the top 48 screenshots from all submissions, and from those 48, a new forum thread would be created, where we can vote on our favorites. Is this not the case?

Also, are we voting directly from this thread? Because according to your tweet, voting began yesterday, but we've heard nothing on this thread or forum.

If voting isn't starting... you guys need to tell us that it isn't starting (for w/e reason; need more time to review submissions, errors, etc), when it will be starting, and how it's going to be conducted.
If voting is starting... I guess it's safe to assume they're looking off of this thread. What about the people who submitted their pictures & didn't post on the forums? I posted mine here, so it's all good for me, but it doesn't feel fair that way.

Lastly, if you are conducting the voting process this way (directly from the thread), you need to take into account that the first few posts with screenshots will have more visibility and therefore more likes. Not many people will surf through all 14 pages of this thread to vote on screenshots, especially when there's so much chit chat in between. 
There's also people who will make multiple forum accounts to vote on their own submissions. To help lessen this, you could make the voting external on a site that only allows 1 vote per IP. I know this type of thing isn't fully preventable, but it'll make it more of a pain to do.

Edited by Apocalypticae
3 people like this

Posted

...and still... nothing. what a surprise.

Posted

they are adjusting our screenshots ;D

Posted

I thought staff would pick the top 48 screenshots from all submissions

, and from those 48, a new forum thread would be created, where we can vote on our favorites. Is this not the case?

Our staff will pick the 5 best screenshots for each month and let you vote on the final winners to be featured in our 2017 calendar.

• Prizes: Winners will be contacted via email with further details on how to claim their prize.
    • Top 12 Winners (Selected by Player Votes)
    • 48 Screenshot Runners-Up (Top 5 Staff-Picked Screenshots for Each Month)

They are going to pick 5 screenshots for each month to vote on. 5 x 12 = 60.

We will vote one of the five for each month.

Screenshot with the most votes for each month wins (12 winners).

The other four for each month gets runner up prize (48 runner ups).

Other than that, I'd assume voting wouldn't be on this thread. The voting will occur only have they announce the 60 screenshots they pick.

If they keep voting on the forums, they should add a minimum post count (like 5 haha ty) to vote to deter people from making accounts just to vote on. Otherwise, using an external site would be suggested as you said.

Posted (edited)

still-waiting.jpg

Edited by Nyrante
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They are going to pick 5 screenshots for each month to vote on. 5 x 12 = 60.

We will vote one of the five for each month.

Screenshot with the most votes for each month wins (12 winners).

The other four for each month gets runner up prize (48 runner ups).

Other than that, I'd assume voting wouldn't be on this thread. The voting will occur only have they announce the 60 screenshots they pick.

If they keep voting on the forums, they should add a minimum post count (like 5 haha ty) to vote to deter people from making accounts just to vote on. Otherwise, using an external site would be suggested as you said.

60 and 48, you get my point. It's 1AM here and I don't care about specific numbers. I read the OP, I know what the rules state... but things aren't going as planned. So until they show us the top 60, how are we supposed to start the voting process (like their twitter says)? Due to this delay, will we get an extra day or what? It's not a weekend either so they can't make that excuse. They need to hire someone else to manage their social media if they keep making mistakes like this. 

Edited by Apocalypticae

Posted

Whoever is managed their twitter must have made a mistake. It's a really weird mistake though. Surely they've got enough communication within the company to know what's going on.

Posted

60 and 48, you get my point. It's 1AM here and I don't care about specific numbers.

Just trying to help. You provided information and asked if it was right. I corrected it. If you don't care about specific numbers, then don't include them in the question.

Posted (edited)

Guys, read what was said earlier! There was reponse long ago about this stuff. They are going to udpate THIS topic with voting form (link or whatever). The only thing: it was supposed to happen yesterday.

Edited by shosholada
1 person likes this

Posted

0A0vx8C.png

3 people like this

Posted

Guys, read what was said earlier! There was reponse long ago about this stuff. They are going to udpate THIS topic with voting form (link or whatever). The only thing: it was supposed to happen yesterday.

That is where it went wrong. They posted that on twitter about 24hours ago. I don't know mate, but when you say : Will be updated later TODAY , then it's the 21st not the 22nd. And don't get me wrong, idc if they post it today, tomorrow. But I hate it when a company doesn't communicate to it's user what is going on. Communication is the key here, Kakao promises a lot, but barely any of it happens.

Posted (edited)

Voting forms are up, there's a link on twitter: https://twitter.com/BDO_News

EDIT: And I'm not in. I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed. I put lots of effort into this and I saw lots of rather subpar/mediocre screenshots in there. And also missed some other people's submissions from this thread that really really deserved to be in there. Wondering if these were picked randomly or by hand...?

Edited by Natah
6 people like this

Posted

Quite disappointed aswell. I feel like they all went for the people with like 4K images. Some are really good though, Love that deer image!

4 people like this

Posted

So you must have a google account for the voting..... ?

Posted

Eh... I thought everyone's screenshots would be up for players to vote.

Posted

Voting forms are up, there's a link on twitter: https://twitter.com/BDO_News

EDIT: And I'm not in. I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed. I put lots of effort into this and I saw lots of rather subpar/mediocre screenshots in there. And also missed some other people's submissions from this thread that really really deserved to be in there. Wondering if these were picked randomly or by hand...?

This :c I'm dissapointed too..

6 people like this

Posted

Can someone save the images from voting form please and give us links

Posted

Yes, it seems what got in is all in high image quality. But some of them is pretty awesome. I'm not in either but thought at least i share them here :3 link to album http://imgur.com/a/xgLpz

1 person likes this