• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, it seems what got in is all in high image quality. But some of them is pretty awesome. I'm not in either but thought at least i share them here :3 link to album http://imgur.com/a/xgLpz

Yea, Sadly.  Here's mine for people to enjoy for fun :)

http://imgur.com/a/ndfHO

1 person likes this

Posted

From one point I'm happy that one of these screens is mine, but from another..cmon, there were better screenshots =\ At least there's few new SS which look really nice. E.c. the one for august - Trent forest near shiny shiny node manage <3

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Dissapointed, not just because I had no shots selected, but because the majority of the months I basically picked via RNG because all of the options were super meh.

Maybe 2 or 3 shots from the whole lot I felt were worthy of voting for at all.

good job to those shotters! Next year step it up guys, if I'm gonna lose at least show me something unique or artistic.

# Meh-lection

Edited by Arvalo
5 people like this

Posted

Voting forms are up, there's a link on twitter: https://twitter.com/BDO_News

EDIT: And I'm not in. I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed. I put lots of effort into this and I saw lots of rather subpar/mediocre screenshots in there. And also missed some other people's submissions from this thread that really really deserved to be in there. Wondering if these were picked randomly or by hand...?

This :c I'm dissapointed too..

I somehow managed to get in (with this http://i.imgur.com/GLXaZEk.png in july) but I got same feel like You guys! I was hoping to see top tier screenies in that selection.

3 people like this

Posted

Sry if I'm going into full salty mode here, but lots of these are really boring, just the same old "character staring at camera while standing on the side with pretty, but not overly amazing view next to them" or "character looking into sunset" or just plain "character leaning/sitting somewhere without anything remarkable in the frame" - I'm sorry, but where's that amazign shot of a person diving right next to a giant manta ray? People that actually show some action, more like the great deer shot that was already mentioned and luckily made it in?

6 people like this

Posted

Wow, I got the heat while voting.... Im pretty happy that one image made it (my fave though...) but I havent got a big guild so.... Im just happy I made it to round two with one image. And yes, a lot of beautiful images are missing... the underwater one.

Posted

I somehow managed to get in (with this http://i.imgur.com/GLXaZEk.png in july) but I got same feel like You guys! I was hoping to see top tier screenies in that selection.

I actually voted for this one. :x

Sry if I'm going into full salty mode here, but lots of these are really boring, just the same old "character staring at camera while standing on the side with pretty, but not overly amazing view next to them" or "character looking into sunset" or just plain "character leaning/sitting somewhere without anything remarkable in the frame" - I'm sorry, but where's that amazign shot of a person diving right next to a giant manta ray? People that actually show some action, more like the great deer shot that was already mentioned and luckily made it in?

I honestly thought Risa's diving picture would be in.. :c

1 person likes this

Posted

OMG, they chose my deer screen! I'm really happy for that. They also chose that halloween screen with the two mask that I quite liked, but I agree with you, there are too many similar shots and I find some missing from this thread. I prefer to think there was something wrong with the forms, maybe, because they were great pictures :_(

4 people like this

Posted

A shame none of my pictures got in. Better luck next time I guess. I really liked the pink fairy screenshot.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also none of mine did it. But voted for my favourites. Best luck to every winner!

2 people like this

Posted

I'm so so sad for my manta ray picture. It's already super hard to have a nice shot next to it, and then not blurry and high quality. Super difficult to do.

OMG, they chose my deer screen! I'm really happy for that. They also chose that halloween screen with the two mask that I quite liked, but I agree with you, there are too many similar shots and I find some missing from this thread. I prefer to think there was something wrong with the forms, maybe, because they were great pictures :_(

Do you have a higher image of the deer pic? I would love to have it on my background, its stunning (:

2 people like this

Posted

so the screenshots that got into the voting round have all won the 2500 pearls prize, is that correct?

Posted

so the screenshots that got into the voting round have all won the 2500 pearls prize, is that correct?

Yep, correct.

Posted

That's one of the screenshots I voted for actually!

I'm lucky one of my screenshots got nominated. Interesting to see so many screenshots in the form which I didn't recognize from the thread; there must have been a lot of people submitting screenshots. And a shame there's some people in this thread who posted great screenshots, but weren't selected.

Posted

i voted for yours :3

Posted (edited)

I'm so so sad for my manta ray picture. It's already super hard to have a nice shot next to it, and then not blurry and high quality. Super difficult to do.

Do you have a higher image of the deer pic? I would love to have it on my background, its stunning (:

I shared it in the post here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/118873-picture-the-seasons-calendar-event/&do=findComment&comment=1665959 :)

My computer is not the best one, so I was a little bit worried. 

Voting was funny, because the moment I saw those pictures that I already liked from here, I didn't even have to think about it!!!! Now I regret not taking screenshots of the selected while voting, so I could remember all of them.

Edited by Aeryeen

Posted

Wow, I got the heat while voting.... Im pretty happy that one image made it (my fave though...) but I havent got a big guild so.... Im just happy I made it to round two with one image. And yes, a lot of beautiful images are missing... the underwater one.

Round two? Was there a voting before that?

Posted (edited)

i voted for yours :3

oh thank you! i am a bit surprised that one got in but yeah i think their selection process was quite flawed, seeing as there are a lot of similar looking screenshots in some months, and some months seem to contain screenshots that are kind of.. completely irrelevant to the season? eh..

Edited by Alrunia
1 person likes this

Posted

That's one of the screenshots I voted for actually!

I'm lucky one of my screenshots got nominated. Interesting to see so many screenshots in the form which I didn't recognize from the thread; there must have been a lot of people submitting screenshots. And a shame there's some people in this thread who posted great screenshots, but weren't selected.

can I see yorus?

Posted

oh thank you! i am a bit surprised that one got in but yeah i think their selection process was quite flawed, seeing as there are a lot of "samey" generic screenshots in some months, and some months seem to contain screenshots that are kind of.. completely irrelevant to the season? eh..

Oh yes! Not one single easter picture!

Next time, they should ask for "cool or epic looking" screenshots instead :-)

Posted

Congratulations all who got in!! They picked one of my favorite shots for February, however also pit against my best friend in that month too xD

Posted

Round two? Was there a voting before that?

Nah, I should have said, round 1 :D

Posted

Most of my Christmas images were horrible due to the fact that I never got the snow timed perfectly xD

Anyway here is all of my submissions in one post:

http://imgur.com/a/0tqB7

I guess they are bad :/ 

2 people like this

Posted

Dissapointed, not just because I had no shots selected, but because the majority of the months I basically picked via RNG because all of the options were super meh.

Maybe 2 or 3 shots from the whole lot I felt were worthy of voting for at all.

good job to those shotters! Next year step it up guys, if I'm gonna lose at least show me something unique or artistic.

And yeah, this. I knew I wasn't gonna win anything in that beauty contest before release where they said from the get go that it would be random selection (with the winners ending up accordingly mediocre chars). But I had hopes for this one cause I thought they'd actually put effort into it and pick the more unique things with better picture composition and proper work with blur and filters. There are some good ones in there, no doubt, but some choices are pretty confusing to me.

I can't believe some of those are supposed to legitimately be better than mine or my favorites from this thread that didn't make it.

1 person likes this

Posted

congrats ! you had one of the few screenshots I actually really liked from the selections.

if you don't win your month, there truely is no justice.

1 person likes this