• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

At least there are a few great ss's for the calendar but i don't know if they'll win because of guild voting :/

Because of that, I cant set my hopes too high... I'm in a small guild. But after all, Im happy I have a chance.

Posted

How can we vote?

Posted

How can we vote?

They added the link in twitter and facebook: https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/801026400555794432

They should update the forums too, though. You need a google account to be able to vote, I think :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They added the link in twitter and facebook: https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/801026400555794432

They should update the forums too, though. You need a google account to be able to vote, I think :)

Thank you guys.

Edited by Gumeleon

Posted (edited)

Thank for voting for my screen! I hope I voted for right ppl! Was too excited while scrolling trough submitted shots to remember :P

Anyway here is my full contribution http://imgur.com/a/JKg5F. More than 12 but dont worry. I rejected few while submitting, but can't remember which ones :D I might have memory problems... ;<

weg9VLv.png

0vsPkLP.png7tjfryM.png

zXO9JYe.png

pIKUMtD.png

vblsT0p.png

y0OT4Lo.png

eNUw7Rg.png

vmIJhvM.png

LKmYqhp.png

MFHwtYd.png

peVrt8x.png

6sSkyrR.png

cwz5w5S.png

GLXaZEk.png

And my personal fave:

sjBrsxn.png

Edited by shosholada
1 person likes this

Posted

We apologize for the delay in the voting link, I have gone ahead and updated the thread as well to include this information. For ease of access and more visibility I will also include the link here. I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for their hard work and submitting such an incredible amount of images, we had a great time pulling in extra staff to sit down and view the many wonderfully creative screenshots!

As we near the Thanksgiving holiday we'd like to step back a moment and reflect on the awesome year we've had so far with you all! There have been plenty of exciting and funny moments that we've had the privilege to share with you all. Thank you and have a safe but amazing time with your friends and families!

8 people like this

Posted

Also be nice to the submissions that were chosen. We all tried hard and had fun right? <3

Most of us did, it just feels very frustrating when your effort isn't valued to the point of not even being looked at.

I have a winter picture that I like a lot and that's depicting my Tamer with drawn weapon in front of a winter scenery with a dragon flying in the distance. I like the angle, composition and filter of it and that the dragon is sort of a foreboding element, indicating there might be a fight about to happen (page 8 of this thread). Two winter screenshots that won are a wizard standing on an open field with random horse to the side and looking like the person pressed Ctrl+U, screenshotted and went back out and the other is a bajillion people randomly fishing in Heidel with nothing happening. There's also a valkyrie sitting on a super low res rock, looking bored in front of a super low res scenery.

I'm sorry if I'm not nice here, but this just makes me salty. I wouldn't mind my screenshots not being picked if I had the feeling they at least looked at them but deemed other pictures better. I don't think Kakao looked at these screenshots.

6 people like this

Posted

We apologize for the delay in the voting link, I have gone ahead and updated the thread as well to include this information. For ease of access and more visibility I will also include the link here.

I summoned CM_Aethon for you guys :D

5 minutes after my question he apeared.

Posted

you should use a pokeball right now. :D

Posted

a little sad none of my screenies made it in.  but grats to everyone that got chosen  and good luck  to you all.

those screenies are really beautiful ^^ great job everyone

Posted

Hah you did indeed, I had to unfortunately be away for a few days to take care of some matters in the good old non-digital world. As of today I'm back in the office and have a fair bit to catch up on. I apologize for any delays in responses to everyone and will get back to as many folks as possible over the next few days.

(Don't look at the number of PM's, blinking lights are a good thing right? It's like early Christmas lights!)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We apologize for the delay in the voting link, I have gone ahead and updated the thread as well to include this information. For ease of access and more visibility I will also include the link here. I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for their hard work and submitting such an incredible amount of images, we had a great time pulling in extra staff to sit down and view the many wonderfully creative screenshots!

As we near the Thanksgiving holiday we'd like to step back a moment and reflect on the awesome year we've had so far with you all! There have been plenty of exciting and funny moments that we've had the privilege to share with you all. Thank you and have a safe but amazing time with your friends and families!

Why doesn't the voting form require family name to prevent spam votes?

#sigh

Edited by Reigne Irkalla

Posted

Why doesn't the Voting Form require Family Name/Server to prevent spam voting?

#sigh

I'm not sure if you meant to quote me, but: the Top 60 were picked by Kakao staff (although I don't believe they really looked at all of them). For the final vote, you need a Google account at least.

Posted

I'm a bit salty some people have multiple entries chosen, denying at least the runnerup prizes to others.. otherwise I liked taking pictures for the event, here's my favorites:

K4djAos.jpg

AJnhsNs.jpgN9LxhH9.jpg

nwb6L0m.jpg

DcFhcVs.jpg

6 people like this

Posted

I'm not sure if you meant to quote me, but: the Top 60 were picked by Kakao staff (although I don't believe they really looked at all of them). For the final vote, you need a Google account at least.

I didn't. Meant to quote Aethon. Derp. >.<

I'm in agreement with you btw. Feels a bit like they were chosen at random. I've seen some shots on this thread that blows many on the form completely and totally out of the water.

Anywho, it's easy to make multiple Google accounts. #sigh

Also if I had known that ones that weren't featuring the specific foliage of each season were allowed, as well as ones lacking the screenshotter's character..........

Posted

I'm a bit salty some people have multiple entries chosen, denying at least the runnerup prizes to others.. otherwise I liked taking pictures for the event, here's my favorites:

Out of like, but I really like your 2nd pic!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I didn't. Meant to quote Aethon. Derp. >.<

I'm in agreement with you btw. Feels a bit like they were chosen at random. I've seen some shots on this thread that blows many on the form completely and totally out of the water.

Anywho, it's easy to make multiple Google accounts. #sigh

Yeah, it's pretty bad. This summer screenshot was posted by Mizzy on page 8: http://i.imgur.com/VcbmbxB.png

Instead we got an awkward-looking shot of someone swimming in a river and a dozen variations of people standing in forests and tulip fields as winners. Not saying those are all bad, they're just samey and unimaginative next to great shots like Mizzy's

Out of like, but I really like your 2nd pic!

Complete agreement, it looks great. ^^

Edited by Natah
1 person likes this

Posted

How were the nominees chosen? Some look just great and definitely deserve being nominated. But I saw lots that definitely doesn't belong there and even my Spring/Summer screens would've been better choices. For some of the months I didn't feel like we can get a worthy winner no matter the pick.

End of salt

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, it's pretty bad. This summer screenshot was posted by Mizzy on page 8: http://i.imgur.com/VcbmbxB.png

Instead we got an awkward-looking shot of someone swimming in a river and a dozen variations of people standing in forests and tulip fields as winners. Not saying those are all bad, they're just samey and unimaginative next to great shots like Mizzy's

Complete agreement, it looks great. ^^

Sad part about some of those tulip fields....... They exist in all of our game seasons. Cause Northern Wheat Farm.

And where the heck were the blue and pink bushes?! I can't have been the only one to incorporate them in to my shots. :(

Posted

While I am glad that one of my photos made it in....it was one of my least expected photos....I thought some of my other ones were way better. ;/

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll give you two of my mediocre screens. Not good enough to win but still like posting screens.

s4KSYCr.jpgB5RnZxC.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Seriously, Kakao? ;_; U think this is my best screen?

pX7k3Wl.png

but i tryharded for these so much more ;_;

PgTy1jl.png

x16n48S.png

dxrkjDZ.png

e5xEW3b.png

t73fRS2.png 

3 people like this

Posted

Kinda sucks most of those pictures that made it through aren't really even worth it, plenty of them have the wrong theme (like the tulips during spring, that was the summer weather, and there's like 4 or 5 of them during the spring), a couple of them have the broken textures (like that Cron's castle which is all black as it didn't load in, or the mountain at the picture with the ninja), and one of them doesn't even have a character in them, I thought you said it's a MUST? Guess that the rules weren't stated clearly enough once again...

Also, since this was chosen so poorly, at least give everyone who submitted a picture that title, cuz there's definitely some pictures which were posted in the forums that deserved to be there, yet they weren't (the worse ones were tho), so if nothing else, give those people the title, it's the least you can do.

4 people like this

Posted

Kinda sucks most of those pictures that made it through aren't really even worth it, plenty of them have the wrong theme (like the tulips during spring, that was the summer weather, and there's like 4 or 5 of them during the spring), a couple of them have the broken textures (like that Cron's castle which is all black as it didn't load in, or the mountain at the picture with the ninja), and one of them doesn't even have a character in them, I thought you said it's a MUST? Guess that the rules weren't stated clearly enough once again...

Also, since this was chosen so poorly, at least give everyone who submitted a picture that title, cuz there's definitely some pictures which were posted in the forums that deserved to be there, yet they weren't (the worse ones were tho), so if nothing else, give those people the title, it's the least you can do.

I have to correct you in one point: tulips are typically spring flowers. They bloom march - april. Its irritating that this flowers are chosen as summer flowers.

1 person likes this