• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

it was one of my least expected photos....

Same here!

I am really, really happy but also a little... puzzled

Edited by PyramidCat

Posted

I have to correct you in one point: tulips are typically spring flowers. They bloom march - april. Its irritating that this flowers are chosen as summer flowers.

Thing is, they were added in the game during the summer season, not during the spring one, so it is still wrong to put them into spring screenshots.

1 person likes this

Posted

Event Rules:

• Players may upload up to 3 screenshots per season (A maximum of 12 total pictures).
  • Each screenshot should represent the months appropriate to that season and include your character in the picture.
  • Players must provide their correct Server & Family name in the form.
  • Submissions must be placed in the appropriate seasons form.
  • The screenshot with the highest votes for each month will be selected to be featured in the calendar.
  • Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in voiding your eligibility to be selected as a winner.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about rule number 2. The screenshot needs to merely represent the season, there is no requirement for using the season inserts they provided. If one can use the in game filters, other settings, costumes and imagery to convey the month... then that is how they choose to do it.

I understand people being upset on some shots hopefully this clarifies why every winter shot doesn't have snow. Why we have 3 tulips shots? Idk. But those are there official rules for the contest.

Posted

Thanks PyramidCat for the nice words! :3

@Whateer, thanks for also liking my pic, but may I ask why you wrote that name under my picture, the first one you posted?

As my char is from Alustin EU and that is not my Family Name. oO?

He just copied the image link from an album, he didn't upload those photos or write the descriptions. Another member put together an album of all the pictures here-> http://imgur.com/a/LI2Tc

Posted (edited)

Seriously, Kakao? ;_; U think this is my best screen?

Hidden Content

but i tryharded for these so much more ;_;

Hidden Content

Thank you for sharing all your screen shots. Really like the under water shot.  :)  I need to try that some time...

Edited by Vitt
always correcting my typing... :P
1 person likes this

Posted

He just copied the image link from an album, he didn't upload those photos or write the descriptions. Another member put together an album of all the pictures here-> http://imgur.com/a/LI2Tc

Ok thanks, I think I just saw the error there, my Family Name and Server is under the second screenshot posted there in that album, so it's a mix up, hope only in that album and not the actual Google doc, anybody an idea if I can find that out myself somehow?

Posted (edited)

Thank you for sharing all your screen shots. Really like the under water shot.  :)  I need to try that some time...

ooohhh thankyouuuu~ soon the underwater update will come! imagine all the amazing sceneries~~~✨🐚

====

ok guys! snatched value pack from auction bots, now im not that sad that my most non-competitive screenshot was chosen %D

honestly 1st place looks cool only cuz of value pack and calendar :<

wait, no, im still sad as hell, no calendar.............................

Edited by Nanimonai
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kinda sucks most of those pictures that made it through aren't really even worth it, plenty of them have the wrong theme (like the tulips during spring, that was the summer weather, and there's like 4 or 5 of them during the spring), a couple of them have the broken textures (like that Cron's castle which is all black as it didn't load in, or the mountain at the picture with the ninja), and one of them doesn't even have a character in them, I thought you said it's a MUST? Guess that the rules weren't stated clearly enough once again...

Also, since this was chosen so poorly, at least give everyone who submitted a picture that title, cuz there's definitely some pictures which were posted in the forums that deserved to be there, yet they weren't (the worse ones were tho), so if nothing else, give those people the title, it's the least you can do.

@CM_Aethon I also agree with the title thing.

Edited by Whateer
2 people like this

Posted

He uploaded her to the site ... so ya...

Oh good, I simply simply mentioned that in order to ensure the actual creator gets credit where it's due.

Posted

March #2 doesn't have the character present which was stipulated in the rules...

April #1 doesn't have the character present which was stipulated in the rules...

Some great choices but some really not great choices too imo...

Posted (edited)

In my defense, the pictures I thought might make it didn't (the tulips for the summer season effect were confusing, and I totally missed winter), but I can see why my little pixie might have made it past.  I'm grateful I managed to squeak through, and thanks for any who might've voted for me!  

Winter

http://imgur.com/Mgu13j2

http://imgur.com/z6YOIPa

http://imgur.com/sWH8tw2

Spring

2016-11-12_326733110.thumb.JPG.0db516a21

2016-11-06_202381668.thumb.JPG.b9ff852c8

2016-11-06_199908301.thumb.JPG.0b2201693

(Thanks if you voted for the little green pixie!)

Summer

2016-11-14_98109624.thumb.JPG.12ac45bde2

2016-11-14_97314894.thumb.JPG.aa6e02bccc

(this was the one I was hoping would get picked...)

http://imgur.com/a8QrG9w

Fall

http://imgur.com/5QEPk9X

http://imgur.com/vGIF7wa

http://imgur.com/bRZn6Il

I swear, the pictures I normally take are usually different...

2016-11-17_361672627.thumb.JPG.b525b89e1

2016-11-14_98059993.thumb.JPG.07930fe0e82016-10-27_411064596.thumb.JPG.19f8f3ed52016-11-07_312777361.thumb.JPG.4d8eda3502016-09-17_1174557535.thumb.JPG.5435e82e

Edited by Yeti's Kitn
2 people like this

Posted

April #1 doesn't have the character present which was stipulated in the rules...

I guess her/his character is the second from right, but I'm not sure.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow... looking at those screenshots it feels like they asked the donut guy to spin around a few times and throw a donut at a screenshot, each day they would choose a screenshot this way. I've seen some pretty amazing screenshots from other people in this thread so i'm really wondering how the hell they've chosen it..

2 people like this

Posted

And also, I wonder what will happen to that person which got 2 of his pictures chosen (Maillard from Orwen), will he get double the pearls or just pearls for one picture?

Posted (edited)

JL6I9aG.png?1

Awww I thought at least my Halloween photo would've been picked.

That's like, my best one.

Several people got in multiple times though for several categories, so I'm wondering if they get both prizes or something.

Edited by Asterotis

Posted (edited)

The event is called "Picture The Seasons" which totally threw me off thinking that the photos had to show seasons as in, Showing the beauty of the seasons in Black Desert Online. Although these screenshots are AWESOME, where the heck is the beautiful season ambient? The game had so many beautiful Autumn trees all over the place! lol I would think #5 should have been in the winter category : )

d3ee4d36a0dc09ac4467770c92c829ef.png

There is a screen shot up in the voting page that do not have the account's character in it, one of the requirements was to have your character in the shot.

Can you spot the Character? If yes, I apologize that I couldn't find him/her.

0c09ca0b5a6d36fb90a295a42fd149a1.png

Thank You for the great event. It was fun :D  I'm a bit disappointed that the screenshots to vote from were so few and limited. Unless! You have a brand new set of screenshots to vote from tomorrow? and the next day, and that following after that, all the way until finally the last day we vote the top voted screenshots of the previous voting days : )   

If any of you took your screenshots on window mode. Double check your pixels >.<   I had my game windowed mode so pixels didn't add up + My screenshots sucked but! I already knew that and it was fun to participate in the event. Seeing so many beautiful screenshots in forums was the best part <3 I had to post this because I love Black Desert Online and come on! Goodluck to the chosen! : ) Lastly, These are the screenshots I submited. I don't have any Winter or Autumn ones. Ugh this game is so beautiful ^_^ 

Spring:

2016-11-13_45118809.thumb.JPG.ff2782c2232016-11-14_224581509.thumb.JPG.98c8c82372016-11-14_226077466.thumb.JPG.6a86cafc5

Summer:

2016-11-14_283282771.thumb.JPG.b7118eb302016-11-15_1028123.thumb.JPG.54ba63ccc802016-11-15_22413722.thumb.JPG.81c2d20175

Edited by Ellenas
2 people like this

Posted

Kinda sucks most of those pictures that made it through aren't really even worth it, plenty of them have the wrong theme (like the tulips during spring, that was the summer weather, and there's like 4 or 5 of them during the spring), a couple of them have the broken textures (like that Cron's castle which is all black as it didn't load in, or the mountain at the picture with the ninja), and one of them doesn't even have a character in them, I thought you said it's a MUST? Guess that the rules weren't stated clearly enough once again...

Also, since this was chosen so poorly, at least give everyone who submitted a picture that title, cuz there's definitely some pictures which were posted in the forums that deserved to be there, yet they weren't (the worse ones were tho), so if nothing else, give those people the title, it's the least you can do.

Most of us did, it just feels very frustrating when your effort isn't valued to the point of not even being looked at.

I have a winter picture that I like a lot and that's depicting my Tamer with drawn weapon in front of a winter scenery with a dragon flying in the distance. I like the angle, composition and filter of it and that the dragon is sort of a foreboding element, indicating there might be a fight about to happen (page 8 of this thread). Two winter screenshots that won are a wizard standing on an open field with random horse to the side and looking like the person pressed Ctrl+U, screenshotted and went back out and the other is a bajillion people randomly fishing in Heidel with nothing happening. There's also a valkyrie sitting on a super low res rock, looking bored in front of a super low res scenery.

I'm sorry if I'm not nice here, but this just makes me salty. I wouldn't mind my screenshots not being picked if I had the feeling they at least looked at them but deemed other pictures better. I don't think Kakao looked at these screenshots.

Completely agree with both of these. I understand that they maybe had to give everyone a chance, whether they're good at taking screenshots or not, but seriously..some of them just look like the person didn't even try OR/AND they are against the rules.  

• " Each screenshot should represent the months appropriate to that season and include your character in the picture. " 
  •  "You may only make minor adjustments..."

I saw so many damn good screenshots that would've looked amazing in a calendar but seems like they rather take the ones that are against the rules, that are visibly more than minorly edited or don't even contain the character or approriate season. 
I'm just hoping for them to choose them more carefully during the runner-ups. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I can't believe one of mine was selected, I was really nervous submitting after looking at what others had posted!! I had a whole lot of fun taking part in the event and I took a lot of screenshots that I loved, it was really hard to pick just 12! I don't think it will get many votes though, there's a couple of really beautiful screens that fit the month a lot more. 

While I am glad that one of my photos made it in....it was one of my least expected photos....I thought some of my other ones were way better. ;/

Yeah, I feel the same way about mine! I thought my spring/summer submissions were a lot better than the one that was picked, although I'm beyond grateful that it was chosen regardless. These were my other submissions: http://imgur.com/a/EFrmr

I agree that some of the ones picked for each month don't seem to entirely fit the 'theme' of each one (October and January are fine), with a lot of them not really including much of the seasonal weather. The ones for November have three images which are very similar-looking, as was the case with a few other months, was that intentional? It doesn't leave much variety for people to vote on, which doesn't seem particularly fair is all. It's a shame there's not really any group shots chosen as well, I wanted to see more screens of chars together, they're the best screens!

Seriously, Kakao? ;_; U think this is my best screen?

Hidden Content

but i tryharded for these so much more ;_;

Hidden Content

Damn!! I can't believe none of those were chosen instead (though congrats on getting picked!), they're stunning screens!! I love those ones in Calpheon and the one with your Maehwa especially, she fits in so perfectly with those trees!

Thank you to everyone who shared their screens, it was really nice to see all the amazing pics that ppl have taken, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one excited for this event! It's such a shame that a lot of them did not end up in the voting selection, a lot of time was obviously spent on taking them and really deserved to be chosen. 

Edited by Dastri
Sorry broken link
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Same here!

I am really, really happy but also a little... puzzled

I think everyone is pretty puzzled. lol

This one of mine was what got into the contest but I thought my spring ones were way better. ;/

wSGZMne.thumb.jpg.eaac69eda5a8cb78b6e6f69DwB5yC.jpg

xHRyJYC.jpg

Ooh I like your spring ones! Haha yea I liked my spring ones better too..;/

Edited by Shinpai
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm not salty cuz my screenshots arent in the voting page buuut.... most of images sucks, rly, i've seen better photos posted in this post.... and one of the rules was that screenshots must contain the character but lot of the months have at least 1 screenshots without it; another rule was the "high quality screenshots" but lots of photos were made with low quality settings; there r screenshots with flowers (flowers for Summer Season) in 6 different months (so, in case they'll win, u'll create a calendar with only flowers [??]) and tons of photos without any sense, so meh im rly confused and trying to understand if the event was a driven competition or jury was just drunk.... Nice fail event again tho.

Edited by Kiko Senpai

Posted

Well, who knows, some of us could be runner-ups! :3

Posted

March #2 doesn't have the character present which was stipulated in the rules...

Some great choices but some really not great choices too imo...

April #1 has a player in the picture (there is not carnival female npc model and no npcs at carnival use /clap emote)

Evidence here ^^

2016-11-22_105185427.thumb.JPG.5c9a5b872

Posted

These are the Once's i uploaded,
But apparently the resolution is too low since i alway's have my game running full windowed mode !!

Autumn:

3g5uRysh.jpg
JCtHYxLh.jpg
KL0y6Ekh.jpg

Winter:

vZ5cCwVh.jpg
zjliBeeh.jpg

Spring:

4giKa24h.jpg
Qj99rZ7h.jpg
7cSAigzh.jpg

Summer:

55TUrnph.jpg
70Vb3H0h.jpg
0s7F56kh.jpg

Those were my submissions !!
Only got 2 winter onces since i dint knew about this event since after the winter ended but good thing that i alway's make pictures =) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Because of that, I cant set my hopes too high... I'm in a small guild. But after all, Im happy I have a chance.

You have one of my favorite pictures, I'm pretty sure people are going to vote for it, even if they're from another guild. I'm also from a small guild and I only wanted to be in the runner-ups, which I already did, so from now on I'm going to enjoy the event and wish good luck to everyone :)

2 people like this