• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

PLACE HOLDER!!! I'm so excited! ;-;

Posted (edited)

Guys, you need to fill in the linked forms. No use posting the screenshots here ^^'

Edited by Natah
1 person likes this

Posted

We'll be adjusting the game during the above listed dates to allow for the appropriate seasonal setting for players to enjoy and participate in. This includes snow for the winter to provide some spectacular screenshots.

In your last patch note you guys said Get your Halloween pictures now before we remove halloween. So halloween pictures is not to be included in the Autumn submission?

Posted

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images

"PNG files over 5MB will be converted to JPEGs. Non-animated images over 1MB for anonymous uploads and 5MB for account holders will be lossily compressed."

Since the winning screenshots will be used in a calendar, I think it makes sense people are allowed to upload them at full quality. So I really hope other sites will be allowed.

Here's an example of the same screenshot uploaded to abload and imgur.

Abload: https://abload.de/img/2016-11-04_3604239644usn.png
Imgur: http://i.imgur.com/NJzFpFK.jpg

Look at the face of the character to the right, or follow the edge of any tree. It's riddled with jpeg compression artifacts.

Posted

PLACE HOLDER

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

We have some exciting news! The year is drawing to a close and we want to kick off 2017 in style. How are we going to do that, you ask? Well, what better way than to give you the opportunity to help design an Official Black Desert themed Calendar! During the month of November we'll be cycling the game seasons for everyone to experience and enjoy!

izlebNd.jpg

1. Picture The Seasons

Take a screenshot of your characters in the theme of each season. We encourage you to be creative and most of all, have fun! Our staff will pick the 5 best screenshots for each month and let you vote on the final winners to be featured in our 2017 calendar. Winners will be announced on November 28th.

• Start Date: November 4th, 2016
  • End Date: November 20th, 2016 (Final Submission Date)
  • Voting Period: November 21st - 27th
  • Season Dates:
    • Autumn Weather [Sep, Oct, Nov]: 11/4 - 11/9
    • Winter Weather [Dec, Jan, Feb]: 11/10 - 11/11
    • Spring Weather [Mar, Apr, May]: 11/12 - 11/13
    • Summer Weather [Jun, Jul, Aug]: 11/14 - 11/15

• Event Rules:
        • Players may upload up to 3 screenshots per season (A maximum of 12 total pictures).
        • Each screenshot should represent the months appropriate to that season and include your character in the picture.
        • Players must provide their correct Server & Family name in the form.
        • Submissions must be placed in the appropriate seasons form.
        • The screenshot with the highest votes for each month will be selected to be featured in the calendar.
        • Failure to abide by any of the above rules may result in voiding your eligibility to be selected as a winner.

• Prizes: Winners will be contacted via email with further details on how to claim their prize.

• Top 12 Winners (Selected by Player Votes)
          • Screenshots featured in the 2017 Calendar
          • Their very own copy of the Black Desert Calendar
          • 5,000 Pearls
          • Value Package (30 Days)
          • Sealed Combat Book (7 Days)
          • Blessing of Kamasylve (7 Days)
          • The title "Seasonal Sensation"

• 48 Screenshot Runners-Up (Top 5 Staff-Picked Screenshots for Each Month)
          • 2,500 Pearls
          • Sealed Combat Book (7 Days)
          • Blessing of Kamasylve (7 Days)
          • The title "Seasonal Sensation"

• Submissions: Below are links to the forms for each season (with the associated months) for screenshot submission. We also encourage you to share your submissions on the forums with each other.

• Instructions: Please follow the required steps included in the forms. When asked to provide a link to your screenshot, please use Imgur to upload your images.

• Disclaimer: By submitting your screenshot(s) for our "Picture the Seasons" event, you understand and agree that the rights and ownership for the use of the screenshot(s) will automatically belong to Kakao Games Europe B.V. and can be used at Kakao Games Europe B.V.'s discretion.

So we do not take a Halloween picture then :)?

Posted

@CM_Aethon Can we edit the pictures as well? There's no rule for that! >:3

Posted

I hope we can't edit them... I'd feel a bit at a disadvantage since I have pretty much no skill when it comes to editing, but could maybe manage to capture a good screenshot. But maybe others are great at editing but suck at taking screenshots, so it'd help them compete? I don't know... but it's Kakao making the rules. If they want to allow editing, fine by me. I just have to take -the- perfect picture then! ;'D

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL the people posting "placeholders."

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope we can't edit them... I'd feel a bit at a disadvantage since I have pretty much no skill when it comes to editing, but could maybe manage to capture a good screenshot. But maybe others are great at editing but suck at taking screenshots, so it'd help them compete? I don't know... but it's Kakao making the rules. If they want to allow editing, fine by me. I just have to take -the- perfect picture then! ;'D

I'm fine with everything but i think we should know! ^-^

Posted (edited)

My Autumn Shots 

2016-11-05_3937351.JPG

2016-10-25_5536234.JPG

2016-10-17_5910039.JPG

Winter

2016-11-10_9878073.thumb.JPG.92e9806d3242016-11-10_2579526.thumb.JPG.4c61bd320382016-11-10_13820715.thumb.JPG.013ea7a62bSpring

2016-11-13_1226312.thumb.JPG.8756a2250082016-11-10_32724571.thumb.JPG.769969b9652016-11-12_9408845.thumb.JPG.a5d3da1d79d

Summer

2016-11-14_4501766.thumb.JPG.321a3216a682016-11-14_2101348.thumb.JPG.358cfc08d8a2016-11-14_1782516.thumb.JPG.7acd02a98a5

Edited by midgard229
1 person likes this

Posted

GUYS THE ENTRY FORM IS HERE STOP POSTING PLACE HOLDERS, READ!

Posted

GUYS THE ENTRY FORM IS HERE STOP POSTING PLACE HOLDERS, READ!

"Submissions: Below are links to the forms for each season (with the associated months) for screenshot submission. We also encourage you to share your submissions on the forums with each other."

3 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon

Can we use photoshop to enhance colours?

Posted

Finally an event to my liking. What can I say, I constantly do screenshots anyway ... :D

Posted

Working on some pictures but I need better video from youtube explaining how to upload and everything, sorry not good at posting :/

ty

Posted

Do we have to use imgur to upload screenshots? I could be wrong, but I think imgur can re-process images and downgrade their quality.

fluffy

Posted

Please post moar boobs.

Posted

I've still not seen anything addressing the use OF or NOT to use Photoshop, Fireworks, etc. to do any editing.  Could someone answer please?  Thanks in advance.

Posted

I've still not seen anything addressing the use OF or NOT to use Photoshop, Fireworks, etc. to do any editing.  Could someone answer please?  Thanks in advance.

I am 99.99% sure you're not allowed to edit them.

Posted

I think it would be unfair to allow editing, so I hope we have to submit them unedited . 

Everybody can take a screenshot ingame, but not everybody has access to editing software (I personally have, but still would find it unfair for many others that don't).

Besides that, looking forward to take some nice screenshots and see what others will post, good luck to everyone! 

Posted

But it also doesnt state it anywhere.. Cmon @CM_Aethon the clock is ticking!!!

Posted

We'll be adjusting the game during the above listed dates to allow for the appropriate seasonal setting for players to enjoy and participate in. This includes snow for the winter to provide some spectacular screenshots.

Thank you for clarifying! <3

Posted (edited)

Still waiting for a reply on whether or not modified pictures can be submitted; I would appreciate a response.

Edited by Xeneize