• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So far I understand the runner-ups are those 48 people who got in in this stage, and won't be calendar winners.

Edit: Also I had weird feeling that order in which screenshots were added had to do with picks. In example Winter - 3 slots: 1st slot december, 2nd slot january, 3rd slot february. So when someone uploaded their christmas screenie in 3rd slot, it was not been taken into account while staff selection. Just my feels about that.

Edited by shosholada

Posted (edited)

Kinda sucks most of those pictures that made it through aren't really even worth it, plenty of them have the wrong theme (like the tulips during spring, that was the summer weather, and there's like 4 or 5 of them during the spring), a couple of them have the broken textures (like that Cron's castle which is all black as it didn't load in, or the mountain at the picture with the ninja), and one of them doesn't even have a character in them, I thought you said it's a MUST? Guess that the rules weren't stated clearly enough once again...

Also, since this was chosen so poorly, at least give everyone who submitted a picture that title, cuz there's definitely some pictures which were posted in the forums that deserved to be there, yet they weren't (the worse ones were tho), so if nothing else, give those people the title, it's the least you can do.

@CM_Aethon titles for everyone! :P 

Edited by NullWeasel
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You have one of my favorite pictures, I'm pretty sure people are going to vote for it, even if they're from another guild. I'm also from a small guild and I only wanted to be in the runner-ups, which I already did, so from now on I'm going to enjoy the event and wish good luck to everyone :)U w

U were talking about quality, but your picture is GODLIKE compared to everything else they chose for May xD

Ur gonna get those 5000 pearls, guuurl C:

(still cryin they chose my worst screen) 

Edited by Nanimonai

Posted (edited)

It seems like one of my screens (and one of my favourites) made it in that voting poll O.o
I had spent several hours at that spot waiting for sunset to happen and for the right leaves to appear without blocking the background which easily made me take a hundred of screens to choose the right one from ^_^
Here's the related screen : http://imgur.com/3drbgUy

And since everyone's posting their album, I'll just do the same : http://imgur.com/a/2QKd5

I've seen wonderful screens posted on forum and I've been a bit disappointed (like most it seems) when I didn't see them on the voting form... For the most disappointed that their screens weren't choosen, I'm pretty sure you've got the community acknowledgement (if that helps making it a bit better) :$

There were truly awesome shots and thanks for having shared them with us :D (I thanked about just anyone and everyone there, don't make this more awkward for me pls)

Edited by YamiKaori
1 person likes this

Posted

There are some really good pictures chosen but I'm a little upset about the fact that some of my favs didn't get selected... :/ 

Here are my submissions: (Sorry I have no idea how to use magical 'hide' button)

Autumn:
autumnall.thumb.jpg.7bb1252b997f2b561e32

Winter:
winterall.thumb.jpg.69893922eda9d9b65bbb

Spring:
springall.thumb.jpg.c1b760cc1843078916b6

Summer:
summerall.thumb.jpg.aa6afd33adf5fa6b61bb

I'm a bit surprised they picked one of my pictures... o-o Sadly the one I like the least... :') Oh well.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well i guess i feel like sharing too, for what it is worth, i did not expect to be amongst the chosen shots.
Sorry about the quality and my lack of creativity, but at least i had fun with this event :)

Autumn

PLe6ZtR.jpg

eleWzVF.jpg

MzI1S03.jpg

Winter

an6Bv0b.jpg

lfbsKG0.jpg

1WBFtyO.jpg

Spring

ulpfHk5.jpg

1YQzTZu.jpg

f0Si6kS.jpg

Summer

9rPkLou.jpg

dUD2pSd.jpg

udgnS45.jpg

Edited by Keld

Posted

Wow! So many beautiful screenshots! I'd love to have wallpapers of some of them ;). I'm so grateful to have one of mine picked to be part of the April selection (see below). I was hesitant to submit my pictures because of all the talented people in this forum! Best of luck to all the contestants ♥

FlamantRose -Spring.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, as much as this event was fun, the choices are shambolic. The voting opened late, many pictures which have been included do NOT represent the variation in seasons this game offers (which by the way is genius in itself) and I have seen people post pics in this thread that are a million times better than those in the 'staff picks'.

Someone said earlier it is as if they asked someone to just spin a donut.... or.... okay basically picking them at random and I completely agree. Some images don't follow the rules at all.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna make ma own calendar with blackjack and all screenshots I think are the best!!

(or at least i suppose that's what kakao would suggest to do to anyone who's not ok with their choices)

Edited by Nanimonai

Posted

Thanks PyramidCat for the nice words! :3

@Whateer, thanks for also liking my pic, but may I ask why you wrote that name under my picture, the first one you posted?

As my char is from Alustin EU and that is not my Family Name. oO?

And the fact that they had to bring in extra staff.
They are either just rolling a dice or trying to be nice to everyone entered and not focusing on the actual pictures (no offence guys)

Posted (edited)

:( sadly none of my shots made it. I'm happy for those that were chosen congratulations to them.

I feel like maybe there were too many entries and they couldn't maybe look properly at everything.. well not sure. Some of the shots I saw were really good and got picked so I'm glad for that.. specifically I like http://i.imgur.com/tXLMwqi.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/xDyz2LC.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/MCypK3L.png. There were others too, but mainly these.

Unfortunatly I don't want to be mean, but some of them I just voted for the "least mediocre". I felt like a lot of the shots didn't really fit with the month or the season's theme at all.

An example is the January one that shows the city from an eagle's eye point of view. It's a good shot, but clearly it doesn't demonstrate winter and you can clearly see trees with red leaves... so it was clearly autumn. To me it wouldn't fit January at all.

Then there was even one in March that didn't even show that character, although it was in the rules, but I could be wrong on that (and maybe the character was hidden?).

The annoying part is there is a few shots that look a lot like mine and I kinda feel meh about it... So maybe there was a bit of randomness I guess.

Hopefully better luck next time.

Here's my album.. again :( http://imgur.com/a/hUT8w.

Edited by Lady Minuit
4 people like this

Posted

I wonder if someone could make a complied linked list of all the submissions posted on the forums :o

Anyone willing to do the task, here's mine again O.ohttp://imgur.com/a/ndfHO

Posted (edited)

they picked the only picture that my chara wasn't fully in lol!

http://imgur.com/2mztgDh

^a better shot, my chara is crouched in the flowers in my screencap that got selected :( sad they picked that one out of all of them.

i hope i don't get disqualified cause they picked a poor picture :(

Edited by Nikky43

Posted (edited)

I don't agree with a couple of the nominations (for instance, the two May screenshots which are super similar to eachother), but these were chosen by Kakao EU. They got their own taste, so it's only natural they chose their favourites. At least it's not like the video contest from earlier this year where one winner was someone who made their video with a template. I think all the nominees put a lot of effort into their screenshots.

Here are mine.

Spring

Hidden Content

Summer

Hidden Content

Autumn

Hidden Content

Winter

Hidden Content

Im wondering why one of my least favorite photos was choosen, but im glad that i made it somehow. =)

You took some really nice screenshots! And that desert picture is what I voted for for August.

Whooo, I made it in, and with my favourite winter shot, it's taken close to Glish on the last day we had the snow, it snowed just in time for the lovely evening sun!

I was riding around like mad all those winter days to capture some snow pics, had Alts placed in different parts of the map too, this one is with my Witch, I adjusted her colour scheme to some frosty winter colours.

d0mLG9h.jpg

I also miss some of my favourite shots from this thread, happy the deer pic made it in, gratz to that Aeryeen! :D

Good luck to everyone!

That's the one I voted for, and I'll honestly be surprised if you're not the overall winner for January. Makes me wish I had been able to take more snow screenshots. If they have a similar event next year, I really really hope they have snow ingame for longer than 2 days.

So far I understand the runner-ups are those 48 people who got in in this stage, and won't be calendar winners.

Edit: Also I had weird feeling that order in which screenshots were added had to do with picks. In example Winter - 3 slots: 1st slot december, 2nd slot january, 3rd slot february. So when someone uploaded their christmas screenie in 3rd slot, it was not been taken into account while staff selection. Just my feels about that.

I have a bad feeling this is the case. My screenshot which got chosen is for November, and it was the 3rd screenshot I submitted for Autumn. If it really worked like this, they should have mentioned months by name in the submission form. I would have re-arranged some of my screenshots if I knew it worked like this (I submitted them in the order of filename, so I was lucky my November screenshot fell into the November slot).

Edited by FluffyQuack
1 person likes this

Posted

I have a bad feeling this is the case. My screenshot which got chosen is for November, and it was the 3rd screenshot I submitted for Autumn. If it really worked like this, they should have mentioned months by name in the submission form. I would have re-arranged some of my screenshots if I knew it worked like this (I submitted them in the order of filename, so I was lucky my November screenshot fell into the November slot).

Hmmm, I don't think so. Based in my own order, my picture should have been March and it was chosen to be in May :) 

Posted

Hmmm, I don't think so. Based in my own order, my picture should have been March and it was chosen to be in May :) 

Okay, that's good then. So it's just a coincidence with a couple of these screeshots.

Posted

I don't agree with a couple of the nominations (for instance, the two May screenshots which are super similar to eachother), but these were chosen by Kakao EU. They got their own taste, so it's only natural they chose their favourites. At least it's not like the video contest from earlier this year where one winner was someone who made their video with a template. I think all the nominees put a lot of effort into their screenshots.

Well, if that's their taste, I don't have to take part in anymore events like these cause I simply don't understand it in some instances. Lots of people think their worst screenshots were picked, there's weirdly similar ones being chosen and some of simply bad quality. It all reeks of more rng to me, which is super disappointing.  

2 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon 

I think there's been a mistake with the nominations. With how the prizes are set up, no person is supposed to be nominated twice, right? While they're both great screenshots, Dakshayani has two screenshots in the contest (February and April). That would mean there's 59 winners in total (including runner-ups), not 60.

3 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon 

I think there's been a mistake with the nominations. With how the prizes are set up, no person is supposed to be nominated twice, right? While they're both great screenshots, Dakshayani has two screenshots in the contest (February and April). That would mean there's 59 winners in total (including runner-ups), not 60.

+ to that, logic is missing

2 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon 

I'd just like to think they rushed through the screenings.

Posted

why

Game looks amazing in 4k and I also want to win next time.

Posted

Game looks amazing in 4k and I also want to win next time.

Instead of investing into a new monitor, you could activate DSR/VSR (Dynamic Super Resolution for nvidia cards, or Virtual Super Resolution for amd cards). As long as your card is up to the task, that lets you take screenshots at a higher resolution.

That said, most nominated screenshots were taken at 1920x1080. There's even a couple which are below that resolution.

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Aethon 

Same with Maillard - Orwen (North America) September+February.

PLS DAUM! YOUR RNG BOT IS BROKEN! =D

@CM_Aethon

3 people like this

Posted

I don't really know what to say :C I'm kinda sad and dissapointed.. There are really few nice enties, the rest are out of space. They don't even remind me the seasons they were set in. I don't understand the criteria what they used to pic the shots but there are definetly much better ones who sadly didn't get picked. I agree with @Natah. I don't know if ill take place in any other similar event, simply cuz its kinda overwhelming.

Congrats to the winners, altho lets be honest. Not everyone deserves the place. :(

4 people like this

Posted

I hope CMs choose the winners themselves the next events. This is depressing.

Hey, we're just asking for the same as you: For the CMs (and maybe other staff) to choose the winners themselves instead of randomly selecting them again.

I participated in this event under the assumption the screenshots would be handpicked and actually looked at this time. I would have put in less effort if I had known that it's rng again. And then they're also breaking their own rules by choosing multiple entries of the same person. That's what ruins the fun imo, the event being spoiled by Kakao's mistakes and lack of honest communication about the event.

Maybe they should take a week for the selection the next time and actually look at the screenshots people spent hours on taking and selecting.

2 people like this