• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

In my opinion, there's only one disturbing thing, the fact that we needed to include our character in it, and it's not the case for every screenshot. These are great, but including a character in it was an additionnal difficulty (it moves, we need to "place" it somewhere in the frame, it also influence the frame and the way we take the picture..). So it's a little bit surprising to see the two landscape scenes in the selection 'cause it was a clear condition for the event and I thought that the staff selection would avoid that.

For the fact that many participants find that they're were better screenshots posted here, don't forget that there was only 60 slots and everybody couldn't be included in and be satisfied (and for example, I personnaly don't find that the "manta ray screenshot" - which has been evoked several times in this thread - is depicting a season. I'm not saying there's no work behind it or that it's not a great shot, but it could be a picture for another type of event than the "Season" theme). This is just a matter of taste/point of view.

And after all, it's an event to have fun and change for a while our activities in Black Desert. The challenge may be a secondary thing.
In my case, I've got a picture which has been selected for December (and I consider it to be the worst I submitted - low quality, appearently "easy" to do but I took time for it and for the others), but I would be also happy to have no one. I feel also proud 'cause I thought I've got no skills for this event, so I understand when dissapointed participants prefer to say "the staff choose pictures with RNG", but It's also hard to read this when you're just happy to be selected. Don't be so rude with the selections, it could really ruin the event for some people who may just be happy and proud of the efforts they put in it. :/

In my case, I just want to say congrats to everyone, no matter if you've been selected or not. I was fully satisfied to do the challenge, tried to be creative and see the other's screenshots was a real pleasure. Everybody has different skills, different configurations, but every participant put an effort in it, and I hope so, took pleasure to do this event. :x

(The idea of the title for everyone could be a great thing, it's also a way to consider every participant ^_^)

6 people like this

Posted

I usually just play and read forums for notices, events and updates as a lot of people do. Why is this my alt account? Because its my first post? I think you can check the creation date too. 
As i said its depressing enter the forum to check a really good event like this and see more than 3 pages of non selected people talking like that:
"They dont choose my photos because random, because they dont have good eye for pics, because they liked 2 pics for the same person, because the select process must be longer ..."  Why are you so sure thats the reason you are not selected? And please dont try to tell me you do this for all people who has great pics xD.

You are suposed to get fun making the photos and sharing it. You can also participate just for the prize even if you dont get fun from the event, but, if thats the case, at least dont complain this much. Every one wants a pic on the calendar, Every one has its favourites non selected pics, every one wants the first place. Are you going to complain and complain and complain until you get got you want? 

Im sorry for my authistic no-sense madness but some people are starting to comment harder and harder on the selected pictures/winners and thats the real madness here. 
Congratz to the winners!!

Posted (edited)

Really surprised I didn't see those on the voting section. I even made them my desktop background. Employees at Kakao games really lack good taste. The autumn options they selected were especially bad

NiJKHP1.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Tensa_Zangetsu

Posted (edited)

For the fact that many participants find that they're were better screenshots posted here, don't forget that there was only 60 slots and everybody couldn't be included in and be satisfied (and for example, I personnaly don't find that the "manta ray screenshot" - which has been evoked several times in this thread - is depicting a season. I'm not saying there's no work behind it or that it's not a great shot, but it could be a picture for another type of event than the "Season" theme). This is just a matter of taste/point of view.

And after all, it's an event to have fun and change for a while our activities in Black Desert. The challenge may be a secondary thing.
In my case, I've got a picture which has been selected for December (and I consider it to be the worst I submitted - low quality, appearently "easy" to do but I took time for it and for the others), but I would be also happy to have no one. I feel also proud 'cause I thought I've got no skills for this event, so I understand when dissapointed participants prefer to say "the staff choose pictures with RNG", but It's also hard to read this when you're just happy to be selected. Don't be so rude with the selections, it could really ruin the event for some people who may just be happy and proud of the efforts they put in it. :/

I get that there are only 60 Slots and some people will be left out, but what's telling of some rng going on is the bad quality of several pictures that were chosen as well as the sameyness and two people getting two shots in. Some of these pictures really aren't good and that Kakao is claiming they have chosen these themselves and deemed them better than some of the submissions in this thread that didn't make it, is bordering on being insulting. It's just frustrating, why put effort in when someone with a completely subpar screenshot gets chosen in the end (by rng or for whatever strange reason) and wins the prize without any effort or talent showing in the screenshot? Those people have no chance of making it into the calendar either cause no one will vote for them, so what's the point of picking them if not rng?

I also think people have too narrow definitions of what represents a season/month. Underwater sceneries and diving in the ocean evoke summer way more than people randomly standing in the woods or fields imo. Most of all, those show action related to their respective season, something happening. The character not just being a dull puppet staring into the camera but interacting with their environment. Those sort of screenshots tell a story, there's something more to them than the prettiness of the game and character. I'm in no way saying that my screenshots all reflect that btw. They're not great compared to some of the other submissions in here.

Edited by Natah

Posted (edited)

Itzjak if you put more attention in reading posts You will notice that picked people also complained (ye, inculding me). About what? About picking their worst shot. About picking 2 screenshots from one person (two times!). About low quality of some screens.

Some people are talented in PvP. Others are born leaders and winners of siges. There is also group of people which gameplay is mostly taking beutiful screens (HOURS of settings things up, and another hours of waiting for right moment, as we can't set waether, lighting and time speed in console).

I really hoped this event will favor the last group.

Edited by shosholada
3 people like this

Posted

Thanks FlaffyQuack for the nice words and the vote! Would be awesome to make it into the calendar! :3

And I fully agree with the idea to give the title to everyone who took part in the event.

Also people with multiple screenshots chosen should be looked into as that would open two slots for somebody else to make it in, this really needs to be looked into as I am sure that was not intended and is a mistake by the staff choosing. @CM_Aethon

4 people like this

Posted

Thanks FlaffyQuack for the nice words and the vote! Would be awesome to make it into the calendar! :3

And I fully agree with the idea to give the title to everyone who took part in the event.

Also people with multiple screenshots chosen should be looked into as that would open two slots for somebody else to make it in, this really needs to be looked into as I am sure that was not intended and is a mistake by the staff choosing. @CM_Aethon

Out of likes. -like-

Posted (edited)

Itzjak if you put more attention in reading posts You will notice that picked people also complained (ye, inculding me). About what? About picking their worst shot. About picking 2 screenshots from one person (two times!). About low quality of some screens.

Some people are talented in PvP. Others are born leaders and winners of siges. There is also group of people which gameplay is mostly taking beutiful screens (HOURS of settings things up, and another hours of waiting for right moment, as we can't set waether, lighting and time speed in console).

I really hoped this event will favor the last group.

They choose the picture for been one of the best for that month, not the best of your album. I understand your point but its so subjetive. 
For example, i dont like pictures where people uses flashy dress, high heel shoes or are showing their underwears. I think a medieval fantasy game calendar should not have those elements and i will never nominate one even if the composition was awesome, but i dont mind if they choose them, ist only my opinion. 

I dont remember the rules bans taking several pictures from the same source. You send 12 pics ... its undersatable although it dosent seem fair. Maybe they should have added photos until 60 winners despite the final number of pics selected, but its late for this contest because the voting time is in progress (unless they change all the event just for the criers). 

Oh, i just remember you dont need send 12 pics. Why is then a problem they chooses the one you like less? You put it there for an extra bonus to win and it works !! :) Congratzs !!

Edited by Itzjak
1 person likes this

Posted

It's just frustrating, why put effort in when someone with a completely subpar screenshot gets chosen in the end (by rng or for whatever strange reason) and wins the prize without any effort or talent showing in the screenshot? Those people have no chance of making it into the calendar either cause no one will vote for them, so what's the point of picking them if not rng?

I also think people have too narrow definitions of what represents a season/month. Underwater sceneries and diving in the ocean evoke summer way more than people randomly standing in the woods or fields imo. Most of all, those show action related to their respective season, something happening. The character not just being a dull puppet staring into the camera but interacting with their environment. Those sort of screenshots tell a story, there's something to them more than the prettiness of the game and character. I'm in no way saying that my screenshots all reflect that btw. They're not great compared to some of the other submissions in here.

For the pleasure of doing it, and not only for the reward. That's just my point of view but every participant did it for different reasons, and maybe you don't see the effort/talent in some screenshots but you cannot say if the person really put an effort in it or not. For example, I found my pictures really bad, except two.. but I know that I took a lot of time to do them, and it was fun. So I could understand that we can dislike them, but I couldn't agree with someone saying that I didn't make any effort (just an example, I'm not saying that's your point with mines).
Moreover, no one knows which picture will win this. The public vote process is more subjective 'cause if you're in a large guild/ask for vote you can make it. So I guess the pictures you personnaly find ugly could be selected. In this context, every picture has a chance 'cause it also depends on your relations (that's why I know that I have no chance :p).

The real problem is that there's a reward. As some people said, it would have been great to have a kind of reward for everyone (such as the title) 'cause it's a symbolic way to consider every participation (reflexion, creativity, time and effort put in it), and it doesn't split people in two closed categories. I deeply agree with this. But when I say that every screen couldn't fit in the selection, it's just a way to remind that not being selected is not a way to say "your work is too bad" or "you don't deserve it" so I don't understand why people could feel "insulted" for this. There was also the discussion here and there were many congrats/plenty of messages that were very kind for each other. On the contrary, being selected doesn't mean that you don't deserve it.

And for the definition of a season, when there's a selection made by a jury, there will necessarily be choices that don't fit in everyone's definition of a season/month. When you say that some screens "are not great compared to some of the other submissions", it's your opinion (and I don't personnaly share it, for example. I find them all great, but I also find some pictures which hasn't been selected great and appropriate). So it's normal to disagree with some choices when we rely it to the representation we have of a season. The process is, by definition, arbitrary but not necessarily unfair.

After all, this is just an event, a different and original way to untertain ourselves in a game we all appreciate.
^_^ When we only look at the rewards it's just an occasion to win something more, but it doesn't affect our gameplay if we didn't make it. Moreover, it let us improve ourselves and share the pictures we were proud of..

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

For the pleasure of doing it, and not only for the reward. That's just my point of view but every participant did it for different reasons, and maybe you don't see the effort/talent in some screenshots but you cannot say if the person really put an effort in it or not. For example, I found my pictures really bad, except two.. but I know that I took a lot of time to do them, and it was fun. So I could understand that we can dislike them, but I couldn't agree with someone saying that I didn't make any effort (just an example, I'm not saying that's your point with mines).Moreover, no one knows which picture will win this. The public vote process is more subjective 'cause if you're in a large guild/ask for vote you can make it. So I guess the pictures you personnaly find ugly could be selected. In this context, every picture has a chance 'cause it also depends on your relations (that's why I know that I have no chance :p).

The real problem is that there's a reward. As some people said, it would have been great to have a kind of reward for everyone (such as the title) 'cause it's a symbolic way to consider every participation (reflexion, creativity, time and effort put in it), and it doesn't split people in two closed categories. I deeply agree with this. But when I say that every screen couldn't fit in the selection, it's just a way to remind that not being selected is not a way to say "your work is too bad" or "you don't deserve it" so I don't understand why people could feel "insulted" for this. There was also the discussion here and there were many congrats/plenty of messages that were very kind for each other. On the contrary, being selected doesn't mean that you don't deserve it.

And for the definition of a season, when there's a selection made by a jury, there will necessarily be choices that don't fit in everyone's definition of a season/month. When you say that some screens "are not great compared to some of the other submissions", it's your opinion (and I don't personnaly share it, for example. I find them all great, but I also find some pictures which hasn't been selected great and appropriate). So it's normal to disagree with some choices when we rely it to the representation we have of a season. The process is, by definition, arbitrary but not necessarily unfair.

After all, this is just an event, a different and original way to untertain ourselves in a game we all appreciate.
^_^ When we only look at the rewards it's just an occasion to win something more, but it doesn't affect our gameplay if we didn't make it. Moreover, it let us improve ourselves and share the pictures we were proud of..

This, also would be great if every family name only had one chance at being in the calender. 'cause lets be honest here, if you get picked twice, you won't get twice the rewards. It's a win-win for Kakao/Daum. Pick double family names = give less prizes but still have the rights off all pictures submitted.

Edited by Miyumi
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm okay with them selecting multiple entries from the same person, the only way it's unfair is because of how the prizes are set up. It's a bit late to change the voting, but they could add 2 runner-ups so that there will be 60 people in total getting rewards.

Posted (edited)

This, also would be great if every family name only had one chance at being in the calender. 'cause lets be honest here, if you get picked twice, you won't get twice the rewards. It's a win-win for Kakao/Daum. Pick double family names = give less prizes but still have the rights off all pictures submitted.

What if they get double prize for each screen like OMG thank you no one else could give us a better screenshot for this month, so we had to choose yours again!!

😯😯😯😕

(i am not serious, i believe in justice)

Edited by Nanimonai
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For the pleasure of doing it, and not only for the reward. That's just my point of view but every participant did it for different reasons, and maybe you don't see the effort/talent in some screenshots but you cannot say if the person really put an effort in it or not. For example, I found my pictures really bad, except two.. but I know that I took a lot of time to do them, and it was fun. So I could understand that we can dislike them, but I couldn't agree with someone saying that I didn't make any effort (just an example, I'm not saying that's your point with mines).Moreover, no one knows which picture will win this.

No, I cannot say how much time and effort it took someone to take the screenshots they sent in. What I can judge however, is the quality of the end result and I can simply not believe that any human (as opposed to some machine doing its rng) would pick certain screenshots that won over certain others I saw, unless they have absolutely no aesthetical/artistical sense or understanding whatsoever. And this can't be the case for an entire team of people who allegedly picked these screenshots.

That someone puts in effort doesn't automatically mean that they deserve to win. This is a competition afterall and the best pictures should have been chosen, but that's not what happened. So what's the point in making it a competition if it's not quality that's rewarded? Why did I spend hours upon hours agonizing over what screenshot to pick if I could have just as well sent in some low resolution 5s pic of my character standing on an empty field and won? I wouldn't have done that either way, because this is something that's important to me. Screenshots, aesthetics, being creative with what the game gives you. I had simply hoped this would not be treated like just another throwaway event with either rng deciding the winner or the people choosing the winners really having no clue about quality screenshots whatsoever.

It's something that I spend quite some time with at times and I had lots of fun with this even until I realized that it isn't what it was made out to be. It would have been perfectly fair game if screenshots better than mine had won, but this is just pure randomness. There's not even a fun competition left to vote on, because it's all so arbitrary and the guild votes are factoring in now. I'm simply disappointed with this Event and wish I hadn't invested as much time into it. Would've lessened the disappointment.

The real problem is that there's a reward. As some people said, it would have been great to have a kind of reward for everyone (such as the title) 'cause it's a symbolic way to consider every participation (reflexion, creativity, time and effort put in it), and it doesn't split people in two closed categories. I deeply agree with this. But when I say that every screen couldn't fit in the selection, it's just a way to remind that not being selected is not a way to say "your work is too bad" or "you don't deserve it" so I don't understand why people could feel "insulted" for this.

What it says that I find almost insulting is not necessarily "Your screenshots are bad", but rather "We didn't even look at your screenshots." Like I said, I don't believe it was the staff choosing these pictures. Maybe they picked some of them before they ran out of time and let rng decide from there on. I don't even care about the title, just about this event ending up as just another extremely disappointing lottery game when it looked like it would be something way more fun at the start.

Edited by Natah

Posted

Nice ! my picture made it in the november submission.... what do I do now? :D

Posted

wait till 28th, and then see when ur reward will be sent to you C:

Posted

I shall destroooooyyy you :P (I'm in Nov too)

Posted

I shall destroooooyyy you :P (I'm in Nov too)

Nice :D which one is yours? mine's 5

Posted (edited)

Nice :D which one is yours? mine's 5

4 I think. Mines the sunset one. Is yours the tamer one?

Edited by SicariusXLVII

Posted

what's worse, putting hours of effort into your screenshots to make them just perfect and then not getting into round 2, or putting hours of effort into your screenshots to make them just perfect and then seeing 10 pages of people -----ing about how your screenshots are terrible and didn't deserve to win?

hmm

9 people like this

Posted

what's worse, putting hours of effort into your screenshots to make them just perfect and then not getting into round 2, or putting hours of effort into your screenshots to make them just perfect and then seeing 10 pages of people -----ing about how your screenshots are terrible and didn't deserve to win?

bump

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

hmm

Well, seeing as the latter group has the option to tell themselves that there was no rng involved, we're all looneys here and to console themselves with their 2,5k pearl prize, I doubt the latter is the worse situation.

(ignoring the fact that no one is saying that none of the winners deserved it. There's just some very odd choices in there that make it hard to believe it wasn't rng. In which case winning or not really says absolutely nothing about the quality of a sceenshot.)

Edited by Natah

Posted

Just report that impertinence.

Posted

Ummm usually I don't reply to your comments, sometimes they are funny and some other  times they are ... idk ...

I think, sometimes, maybe, someone doesn't get along with someone else and you want to say it loud, it maybe be something that scares you because you don't understand it well, though ...

I don't know everyone well, though in my eyes I see Asterotis and eDust as really happy sunny people, I like their screenies and their spirit and I think they bring happiness to other people too :)

Sorry if I bother with this request ... there are many ways to express feelings ... can you please please try to not make them or anyone feel bad ? @Diss Bliss

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ummm usually I don't reply to your comments, sometimes they are funny and some other  times they are ... idk ...

I think, sometimes, maybe, someone doesn't get along with someone else and you want to say it loud, it maybe be something that scares you because you don't understand it well, though ...

I don't know everyone well, though in my eyes I see Asterotis and eDust as really happy sunny people, I like their screenies and their spirit and I think they bring happiness to other people too :)

Sorry if I bother with this request ... there are many ways to express feelings ... can you please please try to not make them or anyone feel bad ? @Diss Bliss

Well said Akesuke! I too enjoy Asterotis and eDust posts, and seem to me they are really happy sunny people. They help me smile during the day while I am at work.

I do have to admit I am a sarcastic SOB, and for the most part I do try to keep it under control while posting on any forum. It is never my intent to be rude or cruel, but sometimes it does happen. Then when charming posters like Diss Bliss come along, it does irritate me a little. So, I usually logoff the forum for a while. Usually the best thing for everyone here...

Edited by Vitt
removed comment...
1 person likes this

Posted

Last 2 pages cleaned.

Please stay on topic, and no need to mock other peoples work if you don't have any constructive feedback, even if it's negative.

11 people like this