• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

Last 2 pages cleaned.

Please stay on topic, and no need to mock other peoples work if you don't have any constructive feedback, even if it's negative.

Thank you Azta! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I must say I was really disappointed with the choises from the staff for the calendar. I will not discuss the quality of the pictures cause not all have good computers or grafic cards and that should not be a reason to prevent or dismiss someone's participation. At first I was shocked that pictures that did not had the char on them like demanded in the rules were selected to move forward. This takes away all staff's credibility. Then I was disappointed that the pictures do not really give the feeling of the seasons. The request for this event was to represent each season. For summer you cannot find one single picture that shows the beach or a lake. All seem more like spring pictures than summer. I must say that here in this forum I saw an amazing picture of a char swimming next to a Ray Fish (think it was Mizzy) that made me wowed, and others in the same kind of spirit that totaly set the Summer Feeling. Not wanting to disrespect anyone that was selected, in my personal opinion the pictures chosen for summer do not have that feeling or give that wow sensation.

Nevertheless I had much fun doing this event. I love taking pictures and doing this for a calendar purpose was great. I would like to thank all the ones that posted their pics here cause I just found new places in the game where I did not went yet. 

@Nanimonai - Just wanted to say that I love the last picture that you have on your post with the char making this deseperate sad face close to a fire pit. It saw it and it reminded me of the Christmas Tale "The little match girl" from Hans Christian Andersen. Thank you for sharing :)

So let me share my pictures as well.

Winter:

http://imgur.com/Tiwarhs

http://imgur.com/Yq4O3Kh

http://imgur.com/UO7eZup

Spring:

http://imgur.com/kc2sfNd

http://imgur.com/RMbxlWn

http://imgur.com/ErdKU1f

Summer:

http://imgur.com/TN70guW

http://imgur.com/LA9kTST

http://imgur.com/vLWwiEh

Autumn:

http://imgur.com/nsyKHfl

http://imgur.com/XX0F1lx

http://imgur.com/g88bV6G

Good luck to the ones that made it to the final!

------------------------------------------------

DreamCraft Dalmeida

http://irinanobre.wixsite.com/dalmeida

Edited by DreamCraft
2 people like this

Posted

@Nanimonai - Just wanted to say that I love the last picture that you have on your post with the char making this deseperate sad face close to a fire pit. It saw it and it reminded me of the Christmas Tale "The little match girl" from Hans Christian Andersen. Thank you for sharing :)

Thank you, thats so sweet of you~  That shot was actually meant for Winter, and for exactly this scenario^^ but i waited and waited - and it wasnt snowing( so shot was decided to be put in Autumn section instead...

e5xEW3b.png

4 people like this

Posted

4 I think. Mines the sunset one. Is yours the tamer one?

Mine is the wizard in black silhouette with an eagle on his shoulder, hehehe.

The event is called "Picture The Seasons" which totally threw me off thinking that the photos had to show seasons as in, Showing the beauty of the seasons in Black Desert Online. Although these screenshots are AWESOME, where the heck is the beautiful season ambient? The game had so many beautiful Autumn trees all over the place! lol I would think #5 should have been in the winter category : )

Hidden Content

There is a screen shot up in the voting page that do not have the account's character in it, one of the requirements was to have your character in the shot.

Can you spot the Character? If yes, I apologize that I couldn't find him/her.

Hidden Content

Thank You for the great event. It was fun :D  I'm a bit disappointed that the screenshots to vote from were so few and limited. Unless! You have a brand new set of screenshots to vote from tomorrow? and the next day, and that following after that, all the way until finally the last day we vote the top voted screenshots of the previous voting days : )   

If any of you took your screenshots on window mode. Double check your pixels >.<   I had my game windowed mode so pixels didn't add up + My screenshots sucked but! I already knew that and it was fun to participate in the event. Seeing so many beautiful screenshots in forums was the best part <3 I had to post this because I love Black Desert Online and come on! Goodluck to the chosen! : ) Lastly, These are the screenshots I submited. I don't have any Winter or Autumn ones. Ugh this game is so beautiful ^_^ 

Spring:

Hidden Content

Summer:

Hidden Content

haha. I made november #5... this is how november looks to me in The Netherlands (the foggy weather and the cold at least). Take in mind november is really close to christmass and winter too. I'm probably not going to make it in the calendar, because there's 1 picture in there that absolutely steals the nr.1 spot. But I really tryed my best on that. I was really happy I made it into the voting section, but due to all the complaints and angry people, it kinda makes me sad now. :/

6 people like this

Posted

haha. I made november #5... this is how november looks to me in The Netherlands (the foggy weather and the cold at least). Take in mind november is really close to christmass and winter too. I'm probably not going to make it in the calendar, because there's 1 picture in there that absolutely steals the nr.1 spot. But I really tryed my best on that. I was really happy I made it into the voting section, but due to all the complaints and angry people, it kinda makes me sad now. :/

I don't think it's something you should think much about. Some people might be disappointed how the screenshots were taken, but this is super subjective. No one should feel bad about being selected. When I went through the voting form, I started thinking I wasn't selected after seeing all the competition, and then I was surprised to see I was one of the screenshots in November.

Posted

I don't think it's something you should think much about. Some people might be disappointed how the screenshots were taken, but this is super subjective. No one should feel bad about being selected. When I went through the voting form, I started thinking I wasn't selected after seeing all the competition, and then I was surprised to see I was one of the screenshots in November.

Haha, I did literally the exact same thing myself!

Mine is the wizard in black silhouette with an eagle on his shoulder, hehehe.

Congrats on getting picked, I think your screenshot is amazing!! It's really fitting for November, a lot more than mine is. I feel bad for getting my screen picked after so many ppl dislike the ones chosen, I don't think mine is very good compared to the others and doesn't really look very 'wintery' for November at all. Not to mention I took someone else's chance of getting selected :/ If not yours, I definitely think #2 with the pretty landscape view will win the voting, it's a really great picture :)

Posted (edited)

So already I have done my voting for pictures and I'm really dissapointed about winners because some of them shouldn't be there.

Like below..

• FAQ:
  • Can we use editing software (ie: photoshop) to enhance the pictures?
    • You may only make minor adjustments to the color (hue/saturation/brightness) of the screenshot. No external assets may be added, as the screenshot must remain true to its stock appearance

So why many of them were "hard" changed in photoshop etc? Some characters on some screenshots doesn't look like from Black Desert because they are very heavily edited! Some screenshots have added depth of field in places where it's impossible to do just in game.. and yeah I know how to play with depth of field in screenshot mode. And.. I just didn't vote for those pictures because it would be not fair with your FAQ.

Personally I erased my FPS counter in photoshop from my screenshots but I was afraid you could disqualify them because of that wasn't "minor adjustments to the color (hue/saturation/brightness) of the screenshot". Now I know I could do much more to win, like others. Nice to know FAQ isn't true.

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

btw I'm still waiting for my "Oscar goes to.." t-shirt :)

Edited by Lilinith

Posted

So already I have done my voting for pictures and I'm really dissapointed about winners because some of them shouldn't be there.

Like below..

So why many of them were "hard" changed in photoshop etc? Some characters on some screenshots doesn't look like from Black Desert because they are very heavily edited! Some screenshots have added depth of field in places where it's impossible to do just in game.. and yeah I know how to play with depth of field in screenshot mode. And.. I just didn't vote for those pictures because it would be not fair with your FAQ.

Personally I erased my FPS counter in photoshop from my screenshots but I was afraid you could disqualify them because of that wasn't "minor adjustments to the color (hue/saturation/brightness) of the screenshot". Now I know I could do much more to win, like others. Nice to know FAQ isn't true.

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

btw I'm still waiting for my "Oscar goes to.." t-shirt :)

I'm really curious which screenshots in Your opinion were edited in photoshop. Can You point them to me? If You not feel comfortable with doing this in public I'm accepting PMs.

4 people like this

Posted

I'm really curious which screenshots in Your opinion were edited in photoshop. Can You point them to me? If You not feel comfortable with doing this in public I'm accepting PMs.

+1 I'd like to know these as well

Posted

Haha, I did literally the exact same thing myself!

Congrats on getting picked, I think your screenshot is amazing!! It's really fitting for November, a lot more than mine is. I feel bad for getting my screen picked after so many ppl dislike the ones chosen, I don't think mine is very good compared to the others and doesn't really look very 'wintery' for November at all. Not to mention I took someone else's chance of getting selected :/ If not yours, I definitely think #2 with the pretty landscape view will win the voting, it's a really great picture :)

I too think #2 is going to win, congrats to you too for getting picked, I think they're all nice november pictures. Including yours! So really good job you did there. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm curious too. O.o

Posted

Same here! :o

Posted

I feel like they should just comment here, instead of PM'ing.. The only reason they would have to hide it is if they are not 100% certain the pics are photoshoped. I'd especially love to know which ones are, seeing as one of mine was selected and I don't even know how to use photoshop, so I'd hate for people to not vote for mine just because they think it is photoshopped :/..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

+1 I'd like to know these as well

seventhing this statement, i'm really curious as to which screenshots were edited

Edited by Alrunia

Posted

I'm curious too, because after taking so many screenshots these past weeks I can say for sure that you can get a huge variety of amazing screens just playing with the options. The only screen I had doubts (and please don't be mad, this is ONLY a doubt because of my own ignorance) was the one with the fairy wings and the sharpness of the tree behind, because I don't know if that's the effect they produce. I don't know it, that's why I doubt, but I would never assume it is photoshoped because of, as I said, my own ignorance in the matter :) 

Posted (edited)

I'm curious too, because after taking so many screenshots these past weeks I can say for sure that you can get a huge variety of amazing screens just playing with the options. The only screen I had doubts (and please don't be mad, this is ONLY a doubt because of my own ignorance) was the one with the fairy wings and the sharpness of the tree behind, because I don't know if that's the effect they produce. I don't know it, that's why I doubt, but I would never assume it is photoshoped because of, as I said, my own ignorance in the matter :) 

It's not photoshopped and i have a little proof :) Material on costume wings just works like a "filter" and render is not applying DOF behind it (I think it's because occlusion culling)

Heres the proof. Screen taken really quick. The cape in Charles Rene costume is transparent as Tamer Costume wings, and You can see almost clearly trough it. On first shot, those smudged lights are "stralights" effect from Easter Chandelier with applied DOF effect. On second screen there is no DOF and all stars are visible clearly. Ok I know my enlgish is bit broken but I hope You can understand me :)

2016-11-24_215150649.thumb.jpg.89a5e2665

2016-11-24_215596867.thumb.jpg.3ba5c62f3

Edited by shosholada
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's not photoshopped and i have a little proof :) Material on costume wings just works like a "filter" and render is not applying DOF behind it (I think it's because occlusion culling)

Heres the proof. Screen taken really quick. The cape in Charles Rene costume is transparent as Tamer Costume wings, and You can see almost clearly trough it. On first shot, those smudged lights are "stralights" effect from Easter Chandelier with applied DOF effect. On second screen there is no DOF and all starts are visible clearly. Ok I know my enlgish is bit broken but I hope You can understand me :)

Hidden Content

Thank you for your answer :) I've never actually believed it was photoshoped, because the staff would have known it for sure. As I said, I didn't know that was the actual effect because I have never seen them in game, but I was pretty sure they wouldn't have chosen it if that wasn't the case.

I've also been thinking that we could create our own album. I mean, a lot of great pictures have been posted here but not been chosen, so why don't we choose them ourselves? 

This is one of my selections. By no means I'm implying these are better that the ones chosen by the staff, I'm just saying they are pictures I like a lot and I want to give them the credit I think they deserve:

2..JPG.5434669fc449723113288ba969574dc7.

by @Risa

NAmvcpc.jpg

by @The_Maiden

YFreEeV.jpg

By @eDust

2016-11-08_8059931.jpg.17287091fe85cc0eb

By @SHAR

6rneOLn.png

By @Mavx

6PKOdra.jpg

By @Alrunia

m1FEZnN.jpg

By @GreenSkadi

lG9kmNy.jpg

By @mochi🌠もち

Edited by Aeryeen
3 people like this

Posted

Its an effect of the wings, here is a pic I took not long ago:

http://imgur.com/a/6CCEQ

4 people like this

Posted

Last 2 images there are the same :)

And i like the first one ^_^

Thank you for the warning. I edited to put the correct one. :)

The first picture was fighting Bheg. We were doing some scrolls and it started snowing so I saw a chance to get cool pictures. Glad you liked them. :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm late to the party, but still would like to show some I would of shown

2016-02-19_305975098.PNG

2016-03-06_270676778.PNG

2016-03-11_41015501.PNG

Thank you for your answer :) I've never actually believed it was photoshoped, because the staff would have known it for sure. As I said, I didn't know that was the actual effect because I have never seen them in game, but I was pretty sure they wouldn't have chosen it if that wasn't the case.

I've also been thinking that we could create our own album. I mean, a lot of great pictures have been posted here but not been chosen, so why don't we choose them ourselves? 

This is one of my selections. By no means I'm implying these are better that the ones chosen by the staff, I'm just saying they are pictures I like a lot and I want to give them the credit I think they deserve:

Hidden Content

All of these look amazing honestly, I totally agree with you with your list.

Thank you, thats so sweet of you~  That shot was actually meant for Winter, and for exactly this scenario^^ but i waited and waited - and it wasnt snowing( so shot was decided to be put in Autumn section instead...

e5xEW3b.png

Cute!

Edited by Kitsu289
Put the three in spoilers
1 person likes this

Posted

I looked through the nominated screenshots again, and I can't see anything which looks photoshopped.

7 people like this

Posted

I looked through the nominated screenshots again, and I can't see anything which looks photoshopped.

Probably that guy in the forest idk

Posted

sadly I cant agree most of the nominated screenshots, some were just screenshot of your character and nothing related to seasons, wasn't the event supposed to representing the seasons? some even used desert for summer event, tho desert is all year thing, its nothing to do with seasons.

2 people like this