• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is a link to the winners of the Japanese Calendar Event if anybody is interested:

http://blackdesert.pmang.jp/notices/567

These are very beautiful.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will not point which ones were edited because ppl will complain even more.

I feel like they should just comment here, instead of PM'ing.. The only reason they would have to hide it is if they are not 100% certain the pics are photoshoped. I'd especially love to know which ones are, seeing as one of mine was selected and I don't even know how to use photoshop, so I'd hate for people to not vote for mine just because they think it is photoshopped :/..

Self-explanatory. Thats how it works.. a person without much experience with editing programs will not see a difference. I'm a person who had to deal with photoshop at work everyday for 3 years. I puke with it now and see it everywhere tho I may still sometimes be wrong (yes, I thought wings are photoshopped too).

Posted

I disagree. I think it is healthy to point out our doubts, because that way we can clear them. The case of wings, for instance, is the perfect proof: I didn't know if that was an in-game effect, so I had doubts, though I would never assume it was photoshopped as a fact because I knew I didn't have enough information. Other users have pointed out that they actually create that effect, so now people can vote that picture without being influenced by any doubt :) 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Self-explanatory. Thats how it works.. a person without much experience with editing programs will not see a difference. I'm a person who had to deal with photoshop at work everyday for 3 years. I puke with it now and see it everywhere tho I may still sometimes be wrong (yes, I thought wings are photoshopped too).

there are a LOT of ingame effects, that u will mistake for photoshop)) i also worked with photoshop, lightroom and so on, retouching model and scenery shots, but i also spent a LOT of time messing around with screenshot camera in bdo, vignette here for some reason gives blinks to all light sources, sometimes it looks even cool~ and much more

million times i took a screenshot and thought "wow, that wont even need any photoshop editing, it already looks like it's been through it %D"

the only reason i would use PS on bdo screenshots is to smoothen some low-res textures' edges or fix ugly character's hands, but that's it...

Edited by Nanimonai
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ya so it's a little underhanded to just throw out an accusation like that and have NOTHING whatsoever to back it up, don't you think?

"One of the people in this room is a fraud, but I won't point out which one or present any proof because ppl will complain" oh okay how.. constructive

Edited by Alrunia
2 people like this

Posted

sadly I cant agree most of the nominated screenshots, some were just screenshot of your character and nothing related to seasons, wasn't the event supposed to representing the seasons? some even used desert for summer event, tho desert is all year thing, its nothing to do with seasons.

First sentence in 1st post:

Take a screenshot of your characters in the theme of each season

So I cant agree with all the landscape screenshots.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Here is a link to the winners of the Japanese Calendar Event if anybody is interested:

http://blackdesert.pmang.jp/notices/567

their screenshots are so nice! why does japanese daum/kako staff care more about their communtity, than our?:(

its end of friday already and we still didnt get any answer why 2 ppl were nominated twice @CM_Aethon

PS. in case I win I wanna get japanese version of calendar please xD 

Edited by Rinel
2 people like this

Posted

2016-11-25_1341060817.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've seen a lot very well done screens on here I feel are superior by far to the ones selected (picture composition, color scheme, lighting etc). Better than mine, so I'm ok with not being picked. The October was tough, it had a few very good ones but the majority of the others ... c'mon, really?

Please next time just tell us what resolution you will pick so us with lower end PC don't spent the effort though ...

Edited by Aneve
2 people like this

Posted

They chose mine :D smB79BU.jpg

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't want this to negatively impact me so, I just wanted to clear up that I did not photoshop the wings effect in my submission. That's how it appears in the game. Here's another example of the wings effects.tumblr_ofwou5PNTn1qd1xuuo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Shinpai
9 people like this

Posted

I really love this effect. So beautiful!

3 people like this

Posted

Offtopic =P

New Arena

pDqpZU2.png

YNRftFd.png

2 people like this

Posted

I really love this effect. So beautiful!

I second this a really cool effect!

Btw one pic I wanted to point out is one of Risas winter pics, she dyed the Witch Weeny Looney Outfit in Santa Elf colours which work really well:

12..JPG.cd0078b73696f2afe8aeabcdce864e61

A really nice shot that didn't make it in sadly but one of my personal favourites, well done Risa! :) 

7 people like this

Posted

Mine is the wizard in black silhouette with an eagle on his shoulder, hehehe.

haha. I made november #5... this is how november looks to me in The Netherlands (the foggy weather and the cold at least). Take in mind november is really close to christmass and winter too. I'm probably not going to make it in the calendar, because there's 1 picture in there that absolutely steals the nr.1 spot. But I really tryed my best on that. I was really happy I made it into the voting section, but due to all the complaints and angry people, it kinda makes me sad now. :/

Your picture gave me a winter feel and you're right, since you mentioned that, November is practically winter. It's just that my favorite season is Autumn/Fall and the most beautiful part of Fall is the trees changing colors and the colorful leaves on the ground <3  #4 reminds me of my summer nights in the mountains watching the sun go down. Especially my summer nights in Puerto Rico and Montana. Very beautiful. But, that doesn't mean it reminds everyone of summer. With #3 It was more like "the characters look badass in it and so cool! Like for the cover of a game or comic book" because thats all u really see and the moon of course  but that wasn't the point of the event >.< I was just slightly disappointed. It doesn't mean I'm not grateful for GM's throwing this event for us :D  Nobody and everything isn't going to be 100% perfect. Congrats on making it to voting! Goodluck! Dont feel sad D: You guys made it up there for a reason, bcuz your screenshots are very nice! 

Posted (edited)

Podcast was very long this week, so I had time to get together all my favorite screenshots ^^

http://imgur.com/gallery/zxzgc

bah! imgur didnt want my last 9 pics in main post:( had to make a new one http://imgur.com/gallery/qJAnq

Edited by Rinel
6 people like this

Posted

They chose mine :D smB79BU.jpg

That's the one I voted for \o/

Just little over one day, and we'll see who the winners are. I'm pretty excited to see what the final results are.

1 person likes this

Posted

Podcast was very long this week, so I had time to get together all my favorite screenshots ^^

http://imgur.com/gallery/zxzgc

bah! imgur didnt want my last 9 pics in main post:( had to make a new one http://imgur.com/gallery/qJAnq

Thanks for making that album :), none of mine made it, i guess they really sucked, got to step up my photoshooting skills for next time :P.

Also, the last image of your first link isn't showing.

Posted

...none of mine made it, i guess they really sucked...

Some of your SSs look like mine, so there was no point for me to put them into new album xD 

Posted

It's alright Rinel, i have a soft spot for landscape shots^_^, i'm hoping Fluffyquack's November shot wins tommorrow.

Posted

It's alright Rinel, i have a soft spot for landscape shots^_^, i'm hoping Fluffyquack's November shot wins tommorrow.

I hope so too, it's a gorgeous pic!! And #5 is really nice as well! :D 

Posted

tumblr_oghqaiOqAM1sio2a6o1_1280.png

tumblr_oghqaiOqAM1sio2a6o2_1280.png

Someone mentioned Weenie Looney? Those are my fave bdo Christmas screenies and I really wanted to see them in callendar! 

Ps. I hope author don't mind me posting them here ;)@eDust?

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Someone mentioned Weenie Looney? Those are my fave bdo Christmas screenies and I really wanted to see them in callendar! 

Ps. I hope author don't mind me posting them here ;)@eDust?

Uh oh!~ :$ Thank you shosholala! I made these for fun with @Risa when we were trying to capture screenies for winter! xD We were camping the damn snow for 2 hours running all over Serendia! I did not post them because i wasn't sure if the light edit was allowed. :/

Thanks for liking them! ♥

P.S Goodluck for tomorrow guys! Can't wait to see the winners!

Edited by eDust
4 people like this

Posted

@eDust @Risa awesome screenshots for Xmas:) Wanna high quality =P

Posted

I'm a bit nervous about the announcement. :o