• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Spring

xoPEKrE.jpg

Summer

Autumn

cJ0SN3c.jpg

xRqOcc1.jpg

o84yW21.jpg

Winter

opmL8KG.jpg

eC3qDu3.jpg

N0wKWJF.jpg

Edited by Nagasaki
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

god

im waiting for snow in camera mode for 2nd hour already

cmon

why cant u do it EXACTLY like in winter? im pretty sure snow was on the ground even when there was no rainy weather.

now instead of playing im afk waiting for snow, wow, gg wp

Edited by Nanimonai
1 person likes this

Posted

I know, it's pretty horrible... barely ever got to a snowy area in time and when I did, the pics didn't turn out all that great. Didn't have much time to take them either. = S

The winter category might be too hardcore for me, don't think I'll have the best chances there. ;'D

Posted

I know, it's pretty horrible... barely ever got to a snowy area in time and when I did, the pics didn't turn out all that great. Didn't have much time to take them either. = S

The winter category might be too hardcore for me, don't think I'll have the best chances there. ;'D

i saw event only yesterday, when autumn was gone already T_T no cool halloween pics for me(

gotta tryhard in other seasons :C

Posted

is there any place left where i can take some damn autumn pictures? or am i too late?

Posted

summer is a cheater season - when theres no snow in winter - it looks like summer

and in spring if u are not near pink trees - its summer

and in autumn if u are not near cities - its summer

Posted

i saw event only yesterday, when autumn was gone already T_T no cool halloween pics for me(

gotta tryhard in other seasons :C

My autumn submissions don't have any Halloween decorations in them either, I'm sure you can still manage to take fitting ones for autumn. With the right filter and scenery it can still work out well. I've also already taken most of the pics I'll use for summer and some winter screenshots without snow.

Posted

a fawk it then... i have no autumn pictures.. ill just put whatever i had closest to it.. xD

Posted (edited)

My autumn submissions don't have any Halloween decorations in them either, I'm sure you can still manage to take fitting ones for autumn. With the right filter and scenery it can still work out well. I've also already taken most of the pics I'll use for summer and some winter screenshots without snow.

i wanted to do as u said, but i didnt even find any yellow trees around calpheon yesterday evening :C got only a weird creep video left from my halloween this year xDD

Edited by Nanimonai

Posted

i wanted to do as u said, but i didnt even find any yellow trees around calpheon yesterday evening :C got only a weird creep video left from my halloween this year xDD

Try around Keplan, there should be some yellow-leafed trees there, if that's what you're going for. :)

Posted (edited)

Try around Keplan, there should be some yellow-leafed trees there, if that's what you're going for. :)

there were also cute leaves floating in the air ToT

but now its some lame snowflakes in the air WITHOUT SNOW ON THE GROUND OMG kakao! >:C

the weird attempt of a halloween video i was talking about

the only thing i have left of halloween event ToT

PLEASE GODS OF WEATHER I REQUEST RAIN i mean snow ON CALPHEON *chanting*

Edited by Nanimonai

Posted

Is there a minimum graphics setting requirement to be able to see the snow effects? I am playing on optimization mode right now and i have yet to see any of this stuff.

Posted

@CM_Aethon

I have a silly question. For some reason I am getting confused about the months here. Is it one submitted photo for all three months in a season or can I submit a photo for the 3 months in the season? i.e Autumn  (Sept, Oct, Nov)?

You may submit the photos in the theme of the season if that makes things easier for you, obviously if there is a holiday on a specific month you are going for (such as Christmas or Thanksgiving) and the photo heavily conveys this we'll likely set those aside for that specific month. I expect we'll have a large number of photos submitted with a variety of methods in their approach, so as long as they are appropriate for the season that is sufficient.

Hope that helps!

1. Can I use screenshots i took before event start?
2. If yes, i have change my character some times, so she doesn't look the same on all screenshots, does it matter? 

@CM_Aethon

Absolutely, so long as they meet the rules listed this should be absolutely fine.

I am finding it very hard to catch an opportunity to take in my winter-season screenshots, the snow weather simply doesn't last long enough to even use one of my characters to experiment. I hope those of us that do not get the time to submit a maximum of 12 screenshots(3 per season) can still compete.

@CM_Aethon

I understand, unfortunately due to the tight scheduling for this (especially since we'll need the physical copies printed before 2017) we weren't able to give as much time as we'd like to each season. If it wasn't clear you are most welcome to submit for any season or only a few of them as time permits. You do not have to have a screenshot for every section to still be included in the contest.

I expected way more snow then just a tiny bit in few places. How can I make a good picture for the event when I dont even know where its snowing. xD

The snow is currently tied to the rain storms (instead of a rain storm you get a snow storm) and this takes a little time for the snow to pile up and become visible. We're looking into balancing this between too much bright white, which can make the game very unpleasant for some folks, and too little. Unfortunately folks are going to have to make do with the current settings.

how do yall have xmas trees??i dont have them in my game T^T

You shouldn't need to install or repair anything, this will automatically trigger once the appropriate time has been met. You may however need to relog or reload the game to see the changes.

2 people like this

Posted

You shouldn't need to install or repair anything, this will automatically trigger once the appropriate time has been met. You may however need to relog or reload the game to see the changes.

yup that was the case
thx :3

Posted

there were also cute leaves floating in the air ToT

but now its some lame snowflakes in the air WITHOUT SNOW ON THE GROUND OMG kakao! >:C

the weird attempt of a halloween video i was talking about

the only thing i have left of halloween event ToT

PLEASE GODS OF WEATHER I REQUEST RAIN i mean snow ON CALPHEON *chanting*

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT MIRROR!

sorry for shouting....cough...excitement....seriously though, cuz now I r jelly and wantz one.

Posted

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT MIRROR!

sorry for shouting....cough...excitement....seriously though, cuz now I r jelly and wantz one.

Pretty sure its just part of Town decorations, i saw the same ones standing around in Valencia

Posted (edited)

I've been running last night for 2h all around Serendia hunting snow with my friend. The duration is so short! ;_; (at least i managed to snipe a few pics... i think u.u)

Edit: Until when can we edit the pictures on the entries? I mean if i submited an autumn pic, and i want to replace it, but its currently winter, can i still replace it?

Edited by eDust

Posted (edited)

Just want to share my screenshots. Maybe, someone will find some inspiration

Spring

2016-11-13_3687952.thumb.JPG.fa7db95f469

2016-11-12_1006430.thumb.JPG.46f3f736dad

2016-11-13_1743216.thumb.JPG.ccabd154107

Summer

2016-11-14_5643294.thumb.JPG.afe21d6a8b22016-11-11_3012890.thumb.JPG.af3abe3e8ed2016-11-12_6538007.thumb.JPG.c155d08a747

Autumn

2016-11-15_3305872.thumb.JPG.ce40b54a35d

2016-11-02_5222459.thumb.JPG.a876bd53da2

2016-11-15_6688059.thumb.JPG.cf3d0dbefa3

Winter

2016-11-11_11651324.thumb.JPG.9e12ddb520

2016-11-11_6453697.thumb.JPG.8545b6e1a83 2016-11-11_19358752.thumb.JPG.0c09470724

Edited by Nyrante
4 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon

One problem with the snow is that it's super hard to take pictures when it just disappears again :( How many hours left of snow and is it staying on the ground longer in the night?

Just want to share my screenshots. Maybe, someone will find some inspiration

Spring

Hidden Content

Summer

Hidden Content

Autumn

Hidden Content

Winter

Hidden Content

hey :) did you use phtoshop in the up close winter picture?maybe it looks smoother because I am on phone? I have to check once I go on my computer again :D

Posted

hey :) did you use phtoshop in the up close winter picture?maybe it looks smoother because I am on phone? I have to check once I go on my computer again :D

No, just use filter settings in game

Posted

No, just use filter settings in game

which filter? I am on 1440p and high end max graphics. The anti alasing just looks smoother? Or again it's because I am on my phone were everything looks better. Are you using your graphics control panel overriding in-game anti alasing?

Posted

which filter? I am on 1440p and high end max graphics. The anti alasing just looks smoother? Or again it's because I am on my phone were everything looks better. Are you using your graphics control panel overriding in-game anti alasing?

No, its just in game settings ^^ Max graphic settings + Filter

2016-11-11_16524043.thumb.JPG.82d84e2c44

Its hard to take good screenshots for Winter...

1dz169.thumb.jpg.87d8e75ce97c85386c6a683

1 person likes this

Posted

Here are my Winter submissions...

December

Ns4Id24.thumb.jpg.9bec2f456ccd15088be49d

January

DAg6UJ8.thumb.jpg.99a0a3b162f87f2fa899d4

February

E5Bowuu.thumb.jpg.5d496fc6a25e91f5bd714b

Posted

summer is a cheater season - when theres no snow in winter - it looks like summer

About that: Since summer is the easiest season to take screenies for, it'll probably also have the toughest competition - plenty of time for everyone to take the best possible screenie and impossible to miss. I've a hard time deciding on summer screenshots cause they have to be -really- good and I always have the option of going back and trying to still take a better one.

Spring might turn out to be the season where I try ot shove stuff I wanna use, but can't fit into any other season. ^^' But I really only filled in the autumn form so far, rest is still very much open. My winter screenies kinda suck so far though. <.<

Posted

About that: Since summer is the easiest season to take screenies for, it'll probably also have the toughest competition - plenty of time for everyone to take the best possible screenie and impossible to miss. I've a hard time deciding on summer screenshots cause they have to be -really- good and I always have the option of going back and trying to still take a better one.

Spring might turn out to be the season where I try ot shove stuff I wanna use, but can't fit into any other season. ^^' But I really only filled in the autumn form so far, rest is still very much open. My winter screenies kinda suck so far though. <.<

Winter are so nasty! I thought they'd be easier but this ghost snow is so mean! I've been running around like crazy.. i'll try to make some today =.= maybe im more lucky!~